• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
The thing about Corrin being hated is basically two things.

1. Fire Emblem having so many representives.
2. Being apart of 3 games (like Pokemon) which are LOATHED in the west. (Idk about Japan though.)

Corrin isn't bad, but he isn't what I'd call "captivating" or "interesting" as a character.

I mean, the only think that keeps people making art of Corrin is the Female version. And the fact that Etika keeps promoting it like a mascot. *shivers*
I actually think Corrin's moveset is ideal for a fire emblem character and allows himself to set apart from the the other sword fighters. My problem is that his personality is very bland and cringeworthy, barely better than Rex's.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Has Vergeben ever known the specifics?

“Gen 7 Pokemon”
“Square Enix rep”
Didn’t know anything about Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus or King K Rool.

I’ll never understand why people put so much stock in what he/she says.
Sure. Ridley (at E3), Simon, Snake, Ice Climbers, Minecraft content (not specific, but specific enough), Isabelle & Ken as echoes, not Mimikyu, etc.

You literally just omitted everything specific he ever said about Smash, which number more than the vague claims.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I actually think Corrin's moveset is ideal for a fire emblem character and allows himself to set apart from the the other sword fighters. My problem is that his personality is very bland and cringeworthy, barely better than Rex's.
Don't like male corrin, but I think female corrin is much better, that should have been the main corrin. I think the voice acting helps her a lot in terms of personality

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So vergeben finally spoke.

He says he doesn't know any specifics. Apperently the direct leak from smashboards is wrong.
I think people proved that it was false already, but eh. All we know is that's he still doesn't know the specifics.
Why are we wasting our time with this guy again?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Today's been a really good day in work. I ask for a change in my schedule and it looks like they accepted, but tomorrow they're gonna tell me. And now people are saying that maybe tomorow Isaac could be revealed in smash? It could be the best thurday ever

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I think it'd make more sense to announce Isaac in a general direct.

Afterall, it would make sense for them to announce Isaac in Smash alongside the announcement of remakes of the first 2 Golden Sun games for Switch!

*laughs*
*Proceeds to sob*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Why are we wasting our time with this guy again?

So, imagine he has a legitimate source. What would you want him to do here if he doesn't know about this specific instance? Just throw out a guess that people will hold against him perennially?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Vergeben is probably the most trustworthy leaker right now that I know of, even then I'm not going to takes his words as gospel right now (though that could just be the part of me that doesn't have that much interest in a pokemon gen VII rep.)

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that Vergeben is only the intermediary in these leaks. He himself can only 'leak' the things his sources tell him. I personally don't buy all of what he's saying, but I very much doubt he just makes up stuff either.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Sure. Ridley (at E3), Simon, Snake, Ice Climbers, Minecraft content (not specific, but specific enough), Isabelle & Ken as echoes, not Mimikyu, etc.

You literally just omitted everything specific he ever said about Smash, which number more than the vague claims.
I’ve talked about my thoughts on Vergeben before so I didn’t want to repeat them in my last post but I personally believe that some people got info about the Smash demo because like you said “Ridley, Snake and Ice Climbers” all happened to be playable in the demo. If they had all the info then something should have been mentioned about everyone being back not just who was in the demo. Maybe whoever told him about the info also knew about Castlevania stuff in the game so he guessed Simon as well because I have a hard time believing someone would know about Simon but not Richter.

I think Nintendo caught on to who the top e3 leakers were and have now started leaking fake info out to throw people off which is why Vergeben hasn’t been right since Richter showed up in the last direct.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Holy ****. I get home today and the first thing I see is that there will indeed be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. I'm so excited!
Question: If Isaac is not the character revealed tomorrow, who do you think will be?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Good luck guys and gals with the upcoming direct. I'm not sold we'll get anything Smash related to be honest, but maybe we'll get something.

Don't like male corrin, but I think female corrin is much better, that should have been the main corrin. I think the voice acting helps her a lot in terms of personality
I dislike these outlooks in general cause Corrin, Wii Fit, Villager, Inkling, and Robin all have the same personality and general design. The only difference is one has boobs and longer hair for the most part. I prefer some over the others, but I don't think it's fair to try to place one's personal pick as the main one over the other. The biggest concern anyone should have with Corrin is why this armored warrior runs around the battlefield in their bare feet. Like eww (mud, blood, and gore?) and ouch. (metal, rocks, and claws?)

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Good luck guys and gals with the upcoming direct. I'm not sold we'll get anything Smash related to be honest, but maybe we'll get something.

I dislike these outlooks in general cause Corrin, Wii Fit, Villager, Inkling, and Robin all have the same personality and general design. The only difference is one has boobs and longer hair for the most part. I prefer some over the others, but I don't think it's fair to try to place one's personal pick as the main one over the other. The biggest concern anyone should have with Corrin is why this armored warrior runs around the battlefield in their bare feet. Like eww (mud, blood, and gore?) and ouch. (metal, rocks, and claws?)
cause he turns into a dragon.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Holy ****. I get home today and the first thing I see is that there will indeed be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow. I'm so excited!
Question: If Isaac is not the character revealed tomorrow, who do you think will be?
Rayman or Incineroar.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I’ve talked about my thoughts on Vergeben before so I didn’t want to repeat them in my last post but I personally believe that some people got info about the Smash demo because like you said “Ridley, Snake and Ice Climbers” all happened to be playable in the demo. If they had all the info then something should have been mentioned about everyone being back not just who was in the demo. Maybe whoever told him about the info also knew about Castlevania stuff in the game so he guessed Simon as well because I have a hard time believing someone would know about Simon but not Richter.
Not all of the Wii U/3DS characters were in the demo, and he very clearly said that all of the Wii U/3DS characters were coming back. Also that was in April, and he first leaked Ridley in March. The demo would not have been playable by his sources at that time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’ve talked about my thoughts on Vergeben before so I didn’t want to repeat them in my last post but I personally believe that some people got info about the Smash demo because like you said “Ridley, Snake and Ice Climbers” all happened to be playable in the demo. If they had all the info then something should have been mentioned about everyone being back not just who was in the demo.
If that was the case, he'd have known about Pokemon Trainer.

It's clear the info came from elsewhere. And I'm not saying to treat it as gospel, Vergeben is a sketchy guy, but dismissing someone who has been right this many times and has been wrong... I think zero times so far (Smash-wise, at least - his other sources seem much more hit or miss) is unwise.

Maybe whoever told him about the info also knew about Castlevania stuff in the game so he guessed Simon as well because I have a hard time believing someone would know about Simon but not Richter.
Just because someone doesn't have all the info doesn't mean the info they do have is worthless. More often than not, leakers do not have the full picture. Gematsu didn't, vaanrose didn't, ChaosZero didn't, I could go on.

I think Nintendo caught on to who the top e3 leakers were and have now started leaking fake info out to throw people off which is why Vergeben hasn’t been right since Richter showed up in the last direct.
So you mean Vergeben hasn't been right since the last time we were presented with new Smash info, whereby he was right twice (Simon & Mimikyu) and wrong no times? Ok...

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
cause he turns into a dragon.
If he can find form changing underwear and armor, he could find some magical boots to do the same. Otherwise Legos on the floor would kill him. I guess he's lucky they aren't invented yet, but I'm sure they have some type of children's toys in their world that love to hide on the floor and inflict pain.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Well i never played the game but I think because Corrin is part dragon their feet can handle tougher ground? Also, I wasn't saying female corrin is better due to boobs. I think the actual Voice actress puts a bit more emotion into the character, at least for this game. Robin I like both the same but i like the ponytail female is rocking :)

Not all of the Wii U/3DS characters were in the demo, and he very clearly said that all of the Wii U/3DS characters were coming back. Also that was in April, and he first leaked Ridley in March. The demo would not have been playable by his sources at that time.
Not trying to take Verg's side, but its possible somehow everyone is here is something a source of his heard

TappyBat

Smash Ace
skull kid. if not him either then I unno

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Bandana dee is someone I could see geno seems likely as well if we're just going by ballot ideas. Skull kid still has the hype but I personally could see him as just a boss but Nintendo's been dropping pictures of him.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Where are you seeing that he leaked it in March? The earliest I’m seeing his leak was on May 16th. Also when I say he didn’t say everyone I’m specifically talking about Pichu, Wolf and Young Link since those three being included in his initial leak would have added a lot more credibility to them in my eyes.

Honestly if you choose to believe Vergeben then by all means go ahead. As I stated already, there are a lot of characters Vergeben knew nothing about which gives me more than enough reason to not care about what they say anymore!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So, imagine he has a legitimate source. What would you want him to do here if he doesn't know about this specific instance? Just throw out a guess that people will hold against him perennially?
Just haven't been fan of his behaviour here and there like what he did in Smash-Reddit, probably. I still also hope for something that'll make his source feel credible through something really unexpected, thus allowing him to a bit better-formed credibility than he has today.

But we'll see.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Just haven't been fan of his behaviour here and there like what he did in Smash-Reddit, probably. I still also hope for something that'll make his source feel credible through something really unexpected, thus allowing him to a bit better-formed credibility than he has today.

But we'll see.
What did he do in smash reddit?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
In Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, a game that takes place 30 years after the events of The Lost Age, Isaac is no longer the main protagonist, although he does show up in the game (with an epic beard :awesome:) and is a NPC in the playable party briefly. Although he is nearly 50, due to the Golden Sun he appears to be only in his thirties.​

Nearly 50,
50 Cent

Neon you knew from the start didn't you!

Eagle

Smash Lord
I kinda wish April Fool's was around this time so we could change the name to a 50 cent support thread and it'd be the most popular thread goin'.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So with the Direct coming, I once again anticipate exactly nothing out of pure habit... and this time, I sort of feel I CAN legitimately allow myself to hype myself up at least a little bit for the probability that Isaac could be revealed. And that's just a glorious thing by itself.

Top Bottom