• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
BALLOT: After 3 weeks, 20,000 votes, and lots of counting we finally have the results of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Unofficial Fighter Ballot. We would like to give a special thanks to everyone who supported and participated this ballot these last 3 weeks!

View attachment 162067

Look like Isaac did very well in that twitter poll!

https://twitter.com/SSBUNews/status/1037437559343865856
I'm shocked at how many people have played SMRPG. I like Geno, but the game has not aged well.

The setting and characters have so much potential though.

Also Doom Guy and Sans? Did not expect so many votes for em

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I'm shocked at how many people have played SMRPG. I like Geno, but the game has not aged well.

The setting and characters have so much potential though.

Also Doom Guy and Sans? Did not expect so many votes for em
I'd say Mario RPG has aged pretty damn good. I've only played through it once though and Geno didn't really have a big presence. I'd be fine if he made it in, but I still much prefer Isaac.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Also Doom Guy and Sans? Did not expect so many votes for em[/QUOTE]
I believe the support for doomguy is genuine. Sans I think is a meme vote

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Please, Sakurai, I've been waiting for Isaac since Brawl, so if he's in please don't make me wait any longer and show him tomorrow.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I hope there's no Assist trophy montage tomorrow. Seeing Isaac's Assist brought back is like worst case scenario.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I've thought of the possibility of his Assist returning. I mean I hope not because obviously it means he's not playable, but it's possible.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Hey folks, I’ve posted here once but I’m mostly just from the Banjo thread. Good luck!
I honestly feel good about Isaac tomorrow.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
when it comes to doom guy he's a gaming Icon when i first saw his results I was like whaa? why? but as I thought about it DOOM is one of the most Iconic games of all time, s probably the only game at this point in time beating skyrim for worthless runnings on random devices ;) /s

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Geez, I've been hovering over this thread since I heard of the direct, and it's CRAZY how fast it's growing. This is like, Ridley during Brawl levels of hype.

Also, bless those who support other characters coming into each others' threads and posting good luck. That's why I love this community.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say that it's pretty awesome how many people from this group came to the Geno thread to wish us luck. It's pretty great that even though you're in the same boat hoping your character gets in, you're still thinking of others as well. So that being said, I've given my support before, but I wish you guys luck. I'd be very happy if Isaac made his way to Smash. May the Direct be kind to you! We need the Big Boys!

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Nintendo New York is hosting a viewing event for the direct. They want to see people's reactions.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Looks like Nintendo New York is hosting a viewing event for the direct. They want to see people's reactions.
The Ninteninjas are going to harvest the raw hype from them and use it as an energy source for the new servers dedicated to smash ultimate's online

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say that it's pretty awesome how many people from this group came to the Geno thread to wish us luck. It's pretty great that even though you're in the same boat hoping your character gets in, you're still thinking of others as well. So that being said, I've given my support before, but I wish you guys luck. I'd be very happy if Isaac made his way to Smash. May the Direct be kind to you! We need the Big Boys!
This is what Smash fans do. We support one another :)

Troykv

Smash Master
I juste want a mage. Micaiah would be perfect, and even in FE, light mage are pretty rare. Plus she's a beloved and well written character from Radiant Dawn. Soren would be cool, but I don't but that leak. Not interested in Celica though.
Micaiah would be perfect!

Celica is a bit too close to swords; specially because she now has a Personal Sword.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Nothing will ever be worse than absolute neglect like in Smash 4
I guess in the context that this feels like Isaac's best shot that he's ever had with more so much in his favor, for him to return as an assist, for some that would feel worst especially when every other fan favorite BUT Isaac gets in this installment. Like mentioned, if he's an assist, I'd have wish Sakurai would have shown him off earlier, then my hype for this direct would be with some of my other character wants but I'm still in here on this wild goose chase of fake leaks and hints for an Isaac reveal.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I guess in the context that this feels like Isaac's best shot that he's ever had with more so much in his favor, for him to return as an assist, for some that would feel worst especially when every other fan favorite BUT Isaac gets in this installment. Like mentioned, if he's an assist, I'd have wish Sakurai would have shown him off earlier, then my hype for this direct would be with some of my other character wants but I'm still in here on this wild goose chase of fake leaks and hints for an Isaac reveal.
But if after all the demand he gets literally nothing then it shows his demand means jack all and Golden Sun is truly dead.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
You are what is right in this world! Not enough people have that mentality!
In fact, if Geno gets announced tomorrow and Isaac doesn't here is what you do. Come back to this thread and ask for a high five from me. And I'll give you a fantastic high five as we get another fantastic character in the roster :)

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I have to say I am so glad the characters we have gotten so far and even the characters that are heavily speculated, are much better than the character speculation for Smash 4 (at least in my opinion). Thank you to everyone on Smashboards for being nice to each other.
The next character could be a twisted masked imp, a doll from Star Road, or even our earthshaking warrior.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Has anyone noticed that when they show off a new character, it's been new IP and then existing IP:
Inkling- New
Ridley - Existing
Simon/Richter - New
King K. Rool - Existing

As an example: If Isaac got in, he'd be a new IP and whoever else will be an existing one. Be interesting if that pattern turns out true.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I really doubt he's getting nothing in Ultimate. It's pretty much assist or playable.
Yeah I agree but that post is why I'd be much happier with him as AT than completely absent like some claim is the worst outcome.
He could be absent from the base game and end up being DLC if they didn't have enough time to complete him. In fact, I'd be happy to see no AT in the base game because it would get me confident in him eventually coming anyways. There would be no other logical explanation why they'd ignore such a big request, especially with that recent 20k+ poll that just came out showing him as 3rd.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that when they show off a new character, it's been new IP and then existing IP:
Inkling- New
Ridley - Existing
Simon/Richter - New
King K. Rool - Existing

As an example: If Isaac got in, he'd be a new IP and whoever else will be an existing one. Be interesting if that pattern turns out true.
This is true as long as you don't factor in echos.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Inkling- New
Ridley - Existing
Simon/Richter - New
King K. Rool - Existing

Assuming Geno would count as a Mario character, Maybe Geno after Isaac?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
He could be absent from the base game and end up being DLC if they didn't have enough time to complete him. In fact, I'd be happy to see no AT in the base game because it would get me confident in him eventually coming anyways. There would be no other logical explanation why they'd ignore such a big request, especially with that recent 20k+ poll that just came out showing him as 3rd.
If his demand wasn't significant enough for them to bring him back in some way on the base I have 0 hope for DLC.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Inkling- New
Ridley - Existing
Simon/Richter - New
King K. Rool - Existing

Okay let's think about this regarding the high ranking characters

Isaac - New
Banjo - New
Shantae - New
Rayman - New
Geno - Existing
Diddy - Existing
Isabelle - Existing
Shadow - Existing
Bandana Dee - Existing

I mean...it has traction. And it would give a nice mix of characters

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I mean, there's no reason to think Isaac is a lock. Every other character has the potential to be revealed, so i just suggested to everyone that they spread good luck to all of the other threads. People love getting good luck, right? No need to be mean to others anyway. Completely pointless.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
maybe sakurai just doesn't care. or we're not "big" enough. :/

D

Deleted member

Popping my head in from the Shantae thread to wish you Isaac fans the best of luck tomorrow, Never played Golden Sun myself, but I can see how good of a character he would be!

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I wish every fanbase the best of luck going into tomorrow, but I'll always pull for our boy above everyone else!

Top Bottom