• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
One thing I've noticed is that people seem to think Geno might have more of a chance because Sakurai has talked about him, and that he's been requested for a lot longer.

I mean, I guess that makes sense. But somehow it makes Isaax not as requested?

Another thing I've noticed is a lot of Smashtubers seem to have NO ****ing idea who Isaac is.

I honestly hope Issac is in the game so people CAN know who he is.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
One thing I've noticed is that Geno seem to think Geno might have more of a chance because Sakurai has talked about him, and that he's been requested for a lot longer.

Another thing I've noticed is a lot of Smashtubers seem to have NO ****ing idea who Isaac is.

Smashtubers don't know who half the characters are

Did you see the reactions to Simon?

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
One thing I've noticed is that Geno seem to think Geno might have more of a chance because Sakurai has talked about him, and that he's been requested for a lot longer.

Biggest problem whit Geno is that Square as nothing to gain whit is inclusion. I think is inclusion will depend on square and not Sakurai.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

I think is good that in the Smash 4 era nobody official talks about Isaac (why he was cut from being an AT or anything)... That's makes him the surprise character this time around if he gets reveal (?)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It seems a lot of Smashtubers are more interested in yelling about Smash than knowing about it, tbh. Though of course there are many exceptions.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Biggest problem whit Geno is that Square as nothing to gain whit is inclusion. I think is inclusion will depend on square and not Sakurai.
Yeah, it's strange. But I do think it can happen. Superstar saga had him cameo in it.

But the remake took him out...so I don't know what's going on with square's lack of any Geno.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
It seems a lot of Smashtubers are more interested in yelling about Smash than knowing about it, tbh. Though of course there are many exceptions.

Lol this

It's all about the reaction. Who can scream the loudest and make the biggest mess.
If Isaac gets in I will be yelling but not breaking my chair and screaming the old bible Hymes the nuns use to beat into me

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
So I'm reading through an old interview of Sakurai's on Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy and he mentions that Lucas' Final Smash had to be changed due to 3ds limitations. I'm starting to think it's not much of a stretch to think Isaac's assist trophy was cut for similar reasons vs the fan mindset of, 'He got cut cause Golden Sun is dead and irrelevant!'

Another thing is Sakurai says that Lucas was right behind Mewtwo and Roy in popularity to bring back. Which is quite something, I always got the impression from the community that he was kind of redundant next to Ness and when he was cut, it seemed like people shrugged it off and moved on. I never expected Lucas to come back by fan demand, so I was shocked to see him announced as DLC in the first place.

With this said I'm sure Isaac's assist trophy being completely removed in 4, was met with similar fan demand and requests for his return. How could it not? I don't think that Isaac needs something like half a million votes for Sakurai to even consider him or anything, just the fan demand being there in general, like with Lucas. Plus Isaac already has a model in the game, he practically has one foot in the door already lol.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
One thing I've noticed is that people seem to think Geno might have more of a chance because Sakurai has talked about him, and that he's been requested for a lot longer.

I think we actually have quite a bit of overlaps between Geno Supporters and Isaac Supporters. =) I know I'm one.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
So I'm reading through an old interview of Sakurai's on Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy and he mentions that Lucas' Final Smash had to be changed due to 3ds limitations. I'm starting to think it's not much of a stretch to think Isaac's assist trophy was cut for similar reasons vs the fan mindset of, 'He got cut cause Golden Sun is dead and irrelevant!'

Another thing is Sakurai says that Lucas was right behind Mewtwo and Roy in popularity to bring back. Which is quite something, I always got the impression from the community that he was kind of redundant next to Ness and when he was cut, it seemed like people shrugged it off and moved on. I never expected Lucas to come back by fan demand, so I was shocked to see him announced as DLC in the first place.

With this said I'm sure Isaac's assist trophy being completely removed in 4, was met with similar fan demand and requests for his return. How could it not? I don't think that Isaac needs something like half a million votes for Sakurai to even consider him or anything, just the fan demand being there in general, like with Lucas. Plus Isaac already has a model in the game, he practically has one foot in the door already lol.
but wouldn't that just mean Sak will just bring his AT self back then?

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I do think Geno is more likely than Isaac, but Isaac was more popular during the ballot from what I remember. Isaac consistently topped a lot of polls. Geno did well, but I don’t remember him being that high as often as Isaac.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
They also fail to bring up Sakurai has failed to get him on the roster multiple times.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Replace Simon with Richter, then I'll agree with that.
It's a shame most aren't very confident on Issac being in the game. It's strange that even after so much fan support in the Sm4sh DLC days, he's just disregarded.

If isaac DOES get announced, people are going to clickbait the **** outta him in thumbnails for those views. $$$

I think we actually have quite a bit of overlaps between Geno Supporters and Isaac Supporters. =) I know I'm one.
Honestly, I don't mean that as a hate to Geno supporters. I just think that people shouldn't count out golden boy out too quickly.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

Some people say Sakurai is biased when it comes to character inclusion. While I do think he has let his bias influence the roster a little, I think he holds back on that bias. Sakurai has stated characters he has wanted in Smash but they ended up not happening because Sakurai is professional and devoted resources to other things. Some examples of this are Geno, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Chorus Kids, and more.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
As of now Klimax Klimax could help us with any French that goes up.

Any proof coming from 4chan is all anonymous, unless an active member we know is asking these questions to mods we don't know if it's still fake or if they are just creating a story out of this
Or if Klimax Klimax can't be here Falgor Falgor and I could help with French too ^^

Flarzo

Smash Cadet

Most of the ones I saw, not the screaming immature ones, knew about the leak and therefore knew Simon was in as soon as they saw the castle.

Puddi

Smash Rookie

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

People really do like Lucas, especially Mother fans. I saw a ton of Miiverse posts in late 2014-early 2015 asking for him back. It's really a vocal minority that think Lucas is redundant, but many were introduced to Mother 3 and its fan translation because of him.

It's going to be so strange if the reason Isaac gets into Smash is because of some simple hardware limitations keeping him out as an AT and strengthening the outcry for him. I usually criticize the 3DS version for how it affected development, but this would be a blessing in disguise.

Not if Sakurai sees strong demand for Isaac as a playable character.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I think most Smashtubers know who Isaac is, they just think he is unlikely because GS is not popular anymore and because his AT was removed in Smash 4.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Or gaming youtubers.

It's kinda crazy alot of people will watch a 12+ hour playthrough of a game instead of playing it. I can understand looking at gameplay or a speedrun but people just do this for tons of games.

I'm not even talking golden sun right now. Just in general. So many cool games or characters (not just for games but any medium) get passed up because this is how ppl spend their time.

I remember reading a comment about Simon and richter saying "no one knows who these geezers are ugh". Man, those two are icons and legends. And smash/crossovers are easier to appreciate if you have some context for the content.

That's why after infinity war i went back to watched the films i missed.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I feel as if any Brawl assist who got ported to 4, has a high chance to get ported again straight to Ultimate. Lyn is clearly up there in popularity with Ike, but she still stayed as an assist trophy, and Ashley is another popular character in Japan who just stayed as an assist between games. One of the reasons Isaac's assist getting cut in 4 may have done him good, as I feel he would just be ported over as an assist. There's not much of a good track record for assists becoming playable. Sakurai only chose Little Mac to upgrade in 4. And currently we just have one more in Dark Samus.

Edit: Literally thought that 'Sak' meant Saki lol. My stance on Isaac being brought back as an assist is I don't see why he'd go back to Brawl to do double work to get the model up to Ultimate speed when there's still tons of assist in 4 that could be ported over, and that's not counting what new ones could come like Shovel Knight and Krystal.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I feel as if any Brawl assist who got ported to 4, has a high chance to get ported again straight to Ultimate. Lyn is clearly up there in popularity with Ike, but she still stayed as an assist trophy, and Ashley is another popular character in Japan who just stayed as an assist between games. One of the reasons Isaac's assist getting cut in 4 may have done him good, as I feel he would just be ported over as an assist. There's not much of a good track record for assists becoming playable. Sakurai only chose Little Mac to upgrade in 4. And currently we just have one more in Dark Samus.
Between Shadow and Isabelle, we are getting at least one more.

People put more importance in characters being ATs than it really matters. The roster is the first thing decided on. Then everything else comes in later. Characters aren't passed over because "well, we have an AT already." That thought process comes after.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Mood.

As someone who does reactions myself, I will admit that there's an element of needing to appeal to those watching (Especially if you stream a reaction) but personally, I react as I normally would, I just crank my reactions up by like 1 or 2 notches so that they work for a video.

Though if you're talking Etika levels, I don't understand how people can react that much. The people who "Overreact" end up looking away from the screen and missing stuff because they're too excited. Ruins the reactions for me when they look away and miss an awesome reference or two.

It's all about striking that perfect reactionary balance (Though if Isaac is revealed I will probably freak out Etika levels and not feel guilty one bit. That's the one time I'd allow myself to hype like that).

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
Idk how people are so quick to dismiss Isaac merely because of relevance or what have you tbh. His situation back around
Smash 4 dev time was very similar to Shulk's, and Xenoblade sold less than Dark Dawn even. Now don't get me wrong, I love Shulk and I'm glad he's here, but him being here should be a testament to how Isaac isn't as much of a far fetched option as many people make him out to be!

Some people think he only has a chance to be in because of the ballot, but I'm sure he AT LEAST had to be on Sakurai's radar for Smash 4 when looking for new Nintendo franchises to represent, so while I'm sure the ballot will be a huge boon when it comes to his inclusion, perhaps being already an AT during Brawl and Dark Dawn not doing thaaaaat poorly in sales are also instrumental to highlight the importance of Golden Sun as a series that could do great with representation in Smash

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
People really do like Lucas, especially Mother fans. I saw a ton of Miiverse posts in late 2014-early 2015 asking for him back. It's really a vocal minority that think Lucas is redundant, but many were introduced to Mother 3 and its fan translation because of him.

It's going to be so strange if the reason Isaac gets into Smash is because of some simple hardware limitations keeping him out as an AT and strengthening the outcry for him. I usually criticize the 3DS version for how it affected development, but this would be a blessing in disguise.

Not if Sakurai sees strong demand for Isaac as a playable character.
Which is why I think it's a good example for Isaac's situation. Online you'll always hear from the more loud minority, giving it the impression that it is the majority. I never really shouted to the rooftops when it came to Isaac, or voted in any fan polls for him online, things like that never crossed my mind to make my 'love for Isaac known'. Yet when the ballot came around my vote went to Isaac easily cause Golden Sun was a game I played as a kid, he was there in Brawl, and then his assist disappeared in 4 so I wanted him back. I think nostalgia will play a big factor for some people and others who missed the assist from Brawl, and still others who may think that one guy who shot hands out of his hands would be a cool character lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

The motto of the EarthBound fandom is ‘do not underestimate us’ for a reason.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/9CTtKdlkdhw

I dont think I seen this discussed what yall think?
Interesting to blur info given if there is any info actually but I think just piggy backing the confirmed fake leak.
Looking at this, it seems incredibly safe, aside from one thing that caught my eye: Gardevoir as a Mewtwo echo. I don't see how that works, since a bunch of Mewtwo's moves use its tail. Other than that, it's just a super safe, easy predictions "leak." I'd call it fake.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I have no connection to this character, but him being in will make a lot of people happy, so I'll support him

Klimax

Smash Ace
You know what ? I think this is a serious possibility.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Some people say Sakurai is biased when it comes to character inclusion. While I do think he has let his bias influence the roster a little, I think he holds back on that bias. Sakurai has stated characters he has wanted in Smash but they ended up not happening because Sakurai is professional and devoted resources to other things. Some examples of this are Geno, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Chorus Kids, and more.
Bias isn't why Geno never made it, though. There's a Super Mario RPG song that went unused in Brawl, and we can assume it may have been to accompany Geno, but negotiations with Square for him fell flat.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mood.

As someone who does reactions myself, I will admit that there's an element of needing to appeal to those watching (Especially if you stream a reaction) but personally, I react as I normally would, I just crank my reactions up by like 1 or 2 notches so that they work for a video.

Though if you're talking Etika levels, I don't understand how people can react that much. The people who "Overreact" end up looking away from the screen and missing stuff because they're too excited. Ruins the reactions for me when they look away and miss an awesome reference or two.

It's all about striking that perfect reactionary balance (Though if Isaac is revealed I will probably freak out Etika levels and not feel guilty one bit. That's the one time I'd allow myself to hype like that).
If I were to film my own genuine reactions, and I don't think I'm alone in this, they really wouldn't be that interesting to watch. When I'm watching a reveal, I'm rapt, I'm glued to the screen. I don't want to miss a second. And that's not really conducive to jumping out of my seat and running around. I'm not even that big on watching with friends or when I watched with my ex, where I'd have to keep telling them to shush. :laugh:

I understand needing to play it up for the audience, but at the same time I feel a bit alienated by watching something clearly inauthentic (not saying yours is - tbh I don't watch many reaction vids). I joke about falling out of my seat if we got like Isaac or Banjo or something, but in reality I'd probably just do something along the lines of my Cloud reaction, just go "oh my god" and watch the rest with breath baited and eyes as big as saucers, cartoon-style, saving any squeeing for the end. :laugh:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Between Shadow and Isabelle, we are getting at least one more.

People put more importance in characters being ATs than it really matters. The roster is the first thing decided on. Then everything else comes in later. Characters aren't passed over because "well, we have an AT already." That thought process comes after.
Since Little Mac was the only assist to upgrade to playable status back in 4, I feel there are some characters that Sakurai feels are just better fits as assists and why despite popularity they stay that way (some for three games now). With echoes, it opens the door for Sakurai to upgrade more, but Little Mac is still currently the only fully unique assist upgrade so far.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

There is also another aspect being that he had already appeared in a Smash game. If you were once a smash character, there is just a hotbed of popularity surrounding the character compared to if they were never in at all.

Look at the Wolf, Pichu and Young Link situations. Pichu of all things. Once dropped from Melee had its people that were dying to have them back in the game. Before those characters were in the game, people didn't even know they wanted them. Then played and were one of their more frequently used characters and now complain and scream to Sakurai where the hell did my Wolf go? Lucas was the same. It could have been another character instead of Lucas too, like Claus or whoever and they'd have a large backing suddenly as well.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I just don't want people to end up being mocked. The best thing when it comes to leaks is take em with a grain of salt.
Don't mean to attack you or sound rude, but weren't you the one who brought the leak and followed up on it to begin with?

If you do so, just let people discuss it and speculate as they wish. Otherwise, just don't bring it forward. No need to repeat yourself so much with the "100% fake" (which you don't know unless already proven) as well.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

That's quite interesting. I guess i kinda knew people really loved lucas. So it helps to solidfy that fan demand can be taken into consideration.

I think most Smashtubers know who Isaac is, they just think he is unlikely because GS is not popular anymore and because his AT was removed in Smash 4.
Yeah. Kinda sad. But i really don't see how people aren't able to easily emulate the game. It's GBA. lol.
Idk how people are so quick to dismiss Isaac merely because of relevance or what have you tbh. His situation back around
Smash 4 dev time was very similar to Shulk's, and Xenoblade sold less than Dark Dawn even. Now don't get me wrong, I love Shulk and I'm glad he's here, but him being here should be a testament to how Isaac isn't as much of a far fetched option as many people make him out to be!

Some people think he only has a chance to be in because of the ballot, but I'm sure he AT LEAST had to be on Sakurai's radar for Smash 4 when looking for new Nintendo franchises to represent, so while I'm sure the ballot will be a huge boon when it comes to his inclusion, perhaps being already an AT during Brawl and Dark Dawn not doing thaaaaat poorly in sales are also instrumental to highlight the importance of Golden Sun as a series that could do great with representation in Smash
I mean, he did get in as an assist. Which calls for something, as even saki was requested a bunch to be in the game.

At this point, i just Ray and Isaac to be announced. As an assist or a character. idc. The wait is killing me.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah, he's just being an ******* and a huge waste of time for us.

Yeah. Sorry Burb Burb . But it's things like this that makes me believe that this Loz18 is not the real Loz18. Because i don't think he was EVER this much of tease.
And also, the way the twitter account was confirmed is just strange. So guy just confirmed it by "sharing" a message of a DM Loz18 made back to someone. It wasn't the original Loz confirming the twitter account but someone else. For me, the evidence you provided just doesn't really change my opinion on both this loz and the ORIGINAL loz.

But i will say, i don't think anyone banning you was the right call. I don't agree with banning people on a whim like that.

And yeah, i don't think SmashInsider is you. I just think SmashInsider is an idiot.
Well, if I can't get through that way, I'll go ahead and post something a bit more saucy.....

Untitled.png

Here's Nazyrus in one of the recordings taken from, I believe Insider, in the Discord chat with the "fake loz" (he's under the name "Isaac MAY/IS In")saying that this thread is "under control".
https://giphy.com/gifs/52EYCfG3Sx9mYiqjHD
^ source link. If you click the three dots next to the word "Animated GIF", you can see that it was uploaded last night, so any claim of it being forged as another part of this elaborate hoax is sorta rendered moot.

Aaaanyway; if someone could explain why Nazyrus would be on the Discord server with the loz18 they supposedly think is a fake talking about how they managed to convince you guys that he's a fake, that'd be great. :awesome: I'll wait.

(For the record, the guy named Saku who appears right under Nazyrus can be found here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76962911/908039154 also saying it's the real loz).

Last edited:
Top Bottom