• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
There is also another aspect being that he had already appeared in a Smash game. If you were once a smash character, there is just a hotbed of popularity surrounding the character compared to if they were never in at all.

Look at the Wolf, Pichu and Young Link situations. Pichu of all things. Once dropped from Melee had its people that were dying to have them back in the game. Before those characters were in the game, people didn't even know they wanted them. Then played and were one of their more frequently used characters and now complain and scream to Sakurai where the hell did my Wolf go? Lucas was the same. It could have been another character instead of Lucas too, like Claus or whoever and they'd have a large backing suddenly as well.
Yeah, that's something I forgot to mention in my post. I think Sakurai's already commented on how requested most of the cut veterans were for Ultimate, and that's why we have "Everyone is Here!" to begin with.

Though what got Lucas over the edge for Smash 4 rather than Wolf or somebody else was probably the die-hard Mother fans that I did remember to mention. Him being chosen might've also had something to do with Wolf technically being more redundant than Lucas was, since he's the second derivative of Fox's moveset versus the first derivative of Ness'.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Yeah I have always wanted Ray, Isaac, and Andy to get more representation

Though if you're talking Etika levels, I don't understand how people can react that much. The people who "Overreact" end up looking away from the screen and missing stuff because they're too excited. Ruins the reactions for me when they look away and miss an awesome reference or two.

It's all about striking that perfect reactionary balance (Though if Isaac is revealed I will probably freak out Etika levels and not feel guilty one bit. That's the one time I'd allow myself to hype like that).
I actually think a lot of Youtubers exaggerate, but that's how I naturally reacted to every single Smash Ultimate Direct. Though I don't make videos like that.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
can you imagine.png

Just picture for a bit that possibly less than half the newcomers for this game will be this if Geno and Isaac are in the game

so glad we're in this timeline

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Speaking of Ridley, it would've been really fun if they announced him last. :b

idk if any character announced would shock me. If Isaac is announced, I would be relief, not shock. I thought Ridley was a "never ever" case.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Speaking of the possibility of Gyigas from Mother 1, or any content from that game in general making it into Smash... How does the re-release of Mother (Earthbound Origins) lines up with the development of Ultimate?

Do the dates match or did the re-release happen too late to be considered?

Just wondering since that might give us an idea of what was floating around Nintendo and Sakurai's mind when the roster/content for Ultimate was decided.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Speaking of the possibility of Gyigas from Mother 1, or any content from that game in general making it into Smash... How does the re-release of Mother (Earthbound Origins) lines up with the development of Ultimate?

Just wondering since that might give us an idea of what was floating around Nintendo and Sakurai's mind when the roster/content for Ultimate was decided.
Earthbound Beginnings released worldwide June 14, 2015, so probably too early for Ultimate's development, given that Sakurai took a break between Smash 4 and Ultimate. It is possible that was recent enough, though.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, if I can't get through that way, I'll go ahead and post something a bit more saucy.....

View attachment 161689

Here's Nazyrus in one of the recordings taken from, I believe Insider, in the Discord chat with the "fake loz" (he's under the name "Isaac MAY/IS In")saying that this thread is "under control".
https://giphy.com/gifs/52EYCfG3Sx9mYiqjHD
^ source link. If you click the three dots next to the word "Animated GIF", you can see that it was uploaded last night, so any claim of it being forged as another part of this elaborate hoax is sorta rendered moot.

Aaaanyway; if someone could explain why Nazyrus would be on the Discord server with the loz18 they supposedly think is a fake talking about how they managed to convince you guys that he's a fake, that'd be great. :awesome: I'll wait.

(For the record, the guy named Saku who appears right under Nazyrus can be found here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76962911/908039154 also saying it's the real loz).

This means absolutely nothing.

1. i don't think i ever backed Nazyrus or his claims, so i'm not sure why the **** you're telling this to me.

2. That's still not good enough evidence. Just someone's word. If this was the original gamefaqs account saying it, then yeah. I'd believe ya.

Right now, we'll be ignoring Loz. And just wait till the next direct.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, if I can't get through that way, I'll go ahead and post something a bit more saucy.....

View attachment 161689

Here's Nazyrus in one of the recordings taken from, I believe Insider, in the Discord chat with the "fake loz" (he's under the name "Isaac MAY/IS In")saying that this thread is "under control".
^ source link. If you click the three dots next to the word "Animated GIF", you can see that it was uploaded last night, so any claim of it being forged as another part of this elaborate hoax is sorta rendered moot.

Aaaanyway; if someone could explain why Nazyrus would be on the Discord server with the loz18 they supposedly think is a fake talking about how they managed to convince you guys that he's a fake, that'd be great. :awesome: I'll wait.

(For the record, the guy named Saku who appears right under Nazyrus can be found here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76962911/908039154 also saying it's the real loz).
Nah, I believe you. I've known you long enough to know you might be the absolute worst, but you're not a liar. ;)

Thing is, after loz confessed privately about trolling, which had already become increasingly obvious in all but explicit confirmation, I lost interest in whatever he has to say. At least in regards to Isaac.

Also other people itt were in the chat logs, but I'm not going to throw them under the bus if they don't want to come forward.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
so there's a group of people pretending to be loz18? This is getting so confused, like a Telenovela

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

The game re-release in June 14, 2015.
It's hard to really say which date the roster was finalized, but
it could be possible to have a Ninten in the game tho.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Don't mean to attack you or sound rude, but weren't you the one who brought the leak and followed up on it to begin with?

If you do so, just let people discuss it and speculate as they wish. Otherwise, just don't bring it forward. No need to repeat yourself so much with the "100% fake" (which you don't know unless already proven) as well.

YOU ARE SO RUDE!!!!!
No no, I just wanted to bring it to attention of "Hey guys this is fake, so if you see it just giving you a heads up"
Thats all, I was just trying to make sure people didn't fall into a fake leak.

Next time I bring a leak in I won't be so blunt, I will state my opinion and if the leak is fake or not and allow discussionn

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Ridley, it would've been really fun if they announced him last. :b

idk if any character announced would shock me. If Isaac is announced, I would be relief, not shock. I thought Ridley was a "never ever" case.
Yeah, Sakurai and team never seem to really do that though. Some reveal timelines were posted waaaaay back, but they never really reveal a shocker at the very end typically. I'm not really sure why; maybe E3 was just the perfect venue seeing as he's the most clamored for in the USA. Maybe they didn't have the material they need to make the reveal video for them. It'll be fun to see what they have in store for us this time around since Sakurai said all the models will be revealed beforehand which is a first if I'm not mistaken. There were always usually a handful of characters that we only found out really close to the drop date or on the drop date.

Because of the unpredictability, it's hard to know how these reveals are going to go. Of course I want to know our fate sooner rather than later but it might not go that way again. Sakurai has lightened the blow this time around through giving the biggest fanbase characters their reveals and showing huge disconfirmations sooner rather than later. I could see this going a lot of ways.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

View attachment 161689

Burb we honestly don't care.

We are not even talking about Loz18 or what happened last night. Move along

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Because of the unpredictability, it's hard to know how these reveals are going to go. Of course I want to know our fate sooner rather than later but it might not go that way again. Sakurai has lightened the blow this time around through giving the biggest fanbase characters their reveals and showing huge disconfirmations sooner rather than later. I could see this going a lot of ways.
Yeah Ridley generated a lot of hype and just the announcement in general. I recall the last person being revealed for Brawl being either Toon Link or ROB. Nothing too unexpected. But now with fighting games announcing crazy stuff out of the blue (like a Walking Dead character in Tekken), it seems to be like a competition now lol

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I honestly don’t think Isaac is gonna be in this game regardless of what Loz says, so he can keep flip-flopping for all I care. I’m not gonna pay attention anymore.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I honestly don’t think Isaac is gonna be in this game regardless of what Loz says, so he can keep flip-flopping for all I care. I’m not gonna pay attention anymore.
Isaac will in the game in someway. No matter what, he will be in. Whether he's a fighter is a different story.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Wow, there are still 59 guests viewing us. I invite you all to join us. I mean, clearly you guys must have SOME thoughts, right?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
You know, I was about to point out that, unless someone could link to the actual post in that french site, it would be easy to fake the date and content of a message with Chrome's dev tools. We recently proved it with the song leak, remember guys?

So basically screenshots weren't proof enough. But I guess it was clarified by an Admin that the post doesn't actually exist so we can bid this leak adieu, right?

Wow, there are still 59 guests viewing us. I invite you all to join us. I mean, clearly you guys must have SOME thoughts, right?
Unless they're just from another forum and want to come here to stir the pot. In which case, please don't. :laugh:

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So here is something I'm wondering… who would be voicing Isaac? We know he had a voice actress for his AT in brawl, but if we got him in he would need an english voice actor for sure… any VA that you think would fit our guy?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If I were to film my own genuine reactions, and I don't think I'm alone in this, they really wouldn't be that interesting to watch. When I'm watching a reveal, I'm rapt, I'm glued to the screen. I don't want to miss a second. And that's not really conducive to jumping out of my seat and running around. I'm not even that big on watching with friends or when I watched with my ex, where I'd have to keep telling them to shush. :laugh:

I understand needing to play it up for the audience, but at the same time I feel a bit alienated by watching something clearly inauthentic (not saying yours is - tbh I don't watch many reaction vids). I joke about falling out of my seat if we got like Isaac or Banjo or something, but in reality I'd probably just do something along the lines of my Cloud reaction, just go "oh my god" and watch the rest with breath baited and eyes as big as saucers, cartoon-style, saving any squeeing for the end. :laugh:
I do stand up and scream and jump, but I watch Directs mostly on my phone so I’m still looking at the screen.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Isaac will in the game in someway. No matter what, he will be in. Whether he's a fighter is a different story.

Agreed. I think is safe to say Isaac is going to be in the game, like 100% safe. Sakurai's been listen, and even fan favorite like Krystal or bomberman are in the game.

The only question is if hes gonna be playable or not

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I love how controversial Isaac is becoming. He used to be a character only us niche fans would root for in the shadows. Now, tons of people are aware of him.

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
I gotta say, this is the most optimistic I've been about Isaac's chances in a while. I don't know why, but I've got a gut feeling that this time around the Golden Sun will shine on Smash. It just seems like the fanbase made itself heard in the ballot and the Rathalos tweet is nothing but a Golden Sun reference to me. I'm not sure if it'll be the September direct when he gets revealed (I sure hope so), but this time is our time.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I love how controversial Isaac is becoming. He used to be a character only is niche fans would root for in the shadows. Now, tons of people are aware of him.

It's times like this where i feel super optimistic over isaac's chances.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Happy thoughts everyone. A direct is coming soon hopefully
That's actually quite possible. There's already rumblings about it from our new friend "LeakyPandy" and others (apparently).

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 5.36.20 PM.png

That's a good topic to touch upon. Any thoughts guys?

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Agreed. I think is safe to say Isaac is going to be in the game, like 100% safe. Sakurai's been listen, and even fan favorite like Krystal or bomberman are in the game.

The only question is if hes gonna be playable or not
Personally I still believe the pict he tweeted is totally a tease. Hell just check the tweet responses… no way Sakurai didn't see THAT, lol. Lack of AT pressence and that tweet… he has to know how much people want Isaac. He just DOES. Teasing like that and then not delivering is not Sakurai's style imo. He would've let us rot in doubt back in smash 4 with skull kid, but no, he went out and clarified what he was in the game, because he doesn't want people to get false hope like that. Either that or i'm too positive about the man lol, I want to believe in him…

Q-Long

Smash Lord
So here is something I'm wondering… who would be voicing Isaac? We know he had a voice actress for his AT in brawl, but if we got him in he would need an english voice actor for sure… any VA that you think would fit our guy?
I can't imagine his voice. Its really hard to. He was given this really cute boyish voice for his assist trophy I recall.

I always thought his voice wouldn't stand out. Sort of like Chrom, plain but unique. Not something where you know who is speaking like in the case of Snake

Top Bottom