• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have been lurking this thread for a while now, and omg, it took me a good while to finally catch up.

And even though i'm a new user in the forum, i already where lurking back in the day of smash 4 speculation days as a guest, but man, this sure has been a rollercoaster.

Hopefully our Golden Boy gets its time to shine this time around.
Welcome to insanity the boards. :grin:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The stereotype exists because it has a kernel of truth to it. I am on Gamefaqs as well and I've seen it not only on Smash boards but also right in Golden Sun boards as well. I will agree that part of it is a lie - there are a lot of Isaac supporters on Gamefaqs that want him in the game and put up threads.

You have to give a little ground here too though. Isaac and Golden Sun haters are hardly what I would call the 'minority' over there in any capacity of the word. A lot of it will get aggressive in really casting the entire franchise in a bad light. It doesn't even matter why they hate the idea of him as a character, it all just devolves into a ****show. Just like you see daily threads that have Isaac speculation, you have daily threads of a mixture of straight up trolling to a passive-aggressive but staunch "I just don't understand why people think Golden Sun is important."

I know because every time I browse anymore it's there. Trying to downplay it isn't going to work.
With K. Rool and Ridley being playable, they have to have something else to lash out on. It feels like this cycle always finds a way to repeat itself. Those two being confirmed shifts the hate to Isaac for being a highly demanded character. Then it just becomes a meme of wanting a character, like Waluigi. This character demand meme is getting tiring. lol

TappyBat

Smash Ace
who would the fools move onto next if he gets in? Seriously tho, having to go through this 3 freaking times (ridley, chrom, now our earthbending friend here) is annoying. Smashfaqs is awful just awful.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
who would the fools move onto next if he gets in? Seriously tho, having to go through this 3 freaking times (ridley, chrom, now our earthbending friend here) is annoying. Smashfaqs is awful just awful.
I mean, I've seen the same hate spread here on SmashBoards too even. Its just that people hate it when their character is not the one placing the top of the charts.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Depending on the rate confirms/deconfirms or whatnot. If Isaac were confirmed then Geno would get hate. If he was announced then it would shift to Skull Kid. And from there to B&K. And it would just keep going and going until release as everyone would gloat about how right they were and how wrong others were. Not even caring about the magnitude of the included characters and their potential influence on their own series or Smash. Just a ****storm of loud people with huge egos.

That's how I predict it to happen. Minority or not.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Interesting. So it would probably be in my best interest to be prepared for a potential announcement within the coming weeks. I'll brace myself, but try not to keep my hopes up in case of an upset.

I honestly can't wait for this all to be over with. Isaac or no Isaac, its just painful waiting to know who we are getting. And the worst part is not knowing if this will even stretch out to DLC characters or not. They gotta drag this pain out as long as they can. Lmfao.

But I guess that is the fun of it all. Hopes and dreams of getting newcomers, the potential hype and let down of some of the reveals, and then eventually getting to play it with friends. Man. Its a long wait till December...

That being said, I'm certain Isaac will make it. After seeing this thread, other communities, and all sorts of outside sources, I'm convinced he is more popular than most think. I mean, he was topping the Project M character poll in the PM Discussion threads that the PM devs had their eyes on. He is currently topping most character polls on the net after K. Rool and Ridley. I don't think I have any doubts about it at this point.
I just hope we don't just get a pokemon reveal and make us wait another month… that would kill me lol. Anything else is great, specially if Sakurai somehow manages each reveal to be as huge as the ones we've gotten so far, which i always believe he can do. He is making big fan desired characters come true, i think it's fair that everyone , while keeping expectations low, still stick to their hopes as always, specially now that things are this crazy

Depending on the rate confirms/deconfirms or whatnot. If Isaac were confirmed then Geno would get hate. If he was announced then it would shift to Skull Kid. And from there to B&K. And it would just keep going and going until release as everyone would gloat about how right they were and how wrong others were. Not even caring about the magnitude of the included characters and their potential influence on their own series or Smash. Just a ****storm of loud people with huge egos.

That's how I predict it to happen. Minority or not.
Don't worry, hasn't it be like this the last two smash games anyway? lol. It's still a roster people can't complain about, specially this time, and DLC is always a possibility yet. We will of course get loud people crying about ashley and waluigi, but it's gonna happen to even the most random requested character fanbases… we shouldn't even think about it, let's just enjoy whatever sakurai brings, the game is freaking amazing as it is now.

Last edited:

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
Just like Zero I will be as bold as predicting that Isaac is the next newcomer annouced at a direct starting whit Smash content, why?

Sakurai already said that the rooster will be inspire by the ballot, and Isaac is one of the frontrunner.

I've been following leaky pandy since january, if he is confident enough too state that Skull Kid is a boss, I believe him. He promised too only post on things he was 100% certain after the backlash from the ND back in january.

Skull kid was not high on the ballot, why? We have the fan poll. Why should we consider them? Well just like the real ballot Smash fans are the most likelly to vote. (And multiple times in this one).

We had a bunch of frontrunner deconfirm early on, Ashley, Shovel Knight and Bomberman.

So why on earth would Isaac be different?
Why should we be the ones to suffer while the others are already burried?

Because Isaac is playable, he's been tease and not disconfirm yet.

Why early in a direct? At E3 we got Inkling and in August we got the Belmonts. In both we talked about the Splatoon stage and the Castlevania stage, then we finished whit newcomers from series which already as a stage.

The hint after all of that is from GS, nothing else of value was posted by Sakurai.

The she... sun shall raise again. :happysheep:

That's my honest opinion, why would Sakurai makes exception for Golden Sun fans, then tease Isaac to crush our hopes, he said he doesn't like posting on tweeter because it can gives fan false hope.

From a guy who played Golden Sun for 3 hours because playing GBA games on PC/Wii U games sucks... wth Big N, the 3DS was perfect for this...
Sakurai said he doesn't like posting on twitter? Was this in a famitsu column?

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry, hasn't it be like this the last two smash games anyway? lol. It's still a roster people can't complain about, specially this time, and DLC is always a possibility yet. We will of course get loud people crying about ashley and waluigi, but it's gonna happen to even the most random requested character fanbases… we shouldn't even think about it, let's just enjoy whatever sakurai brings, the game is freaking amazing as it is now.
I just wish people would complain less is all. It gets tiring hearing so many (and I mean it's actually astounding how many) complain nonstop and just can never be satisfied. What's worse is some of these are full-fledged adults.. I mean I'm not really worried about anything and even if some characters don't get in I already know who I'm going to play regardless. I would see Isaac as a bonus. I don't know why others can't see it that way when we got literally every single character back that's ever been playable before.
Yes I'd be disappointed if Isaac wasn't playable (even a little salty if he was an assist again admittedly) but I would get over it easily. I actually wasn't able to do all that much in other speculation periods due to life circumstances so I don't know how volatile the other periods actually were. So forgive me for being naive.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I just hope we don't just get a pokemon reveal and make us wait another month… that would kill me lol. Anything else is great, specially if Sakurai somehow manages each reveal to be as huge as the ones we've gotten so far, which i always believe he can do. He is making big fan desired characters come true, i think it's fair that everyone , while keeping expectations low, still stick to their hopes as always, specially now that things are this crazy
There is only one Pokemon who could generate enough hype for me to not be disappointed. Mosquitobunjin 3000

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
I'm another lurker that has been hoping for Isaac in Smash since Brawl. Would love to be added as a supporter.

The lineup so far is spectacular, and everything looks like it will be an amazing game. Just needs Isaac. :D

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said he doesn't like posting on twitter? Was this in a famitsu column?
Yup.
In an old interview mind you. Basically fans overwhelm him with questions which is kinda to be expected.

I mean, just look at us. He singled out an image that resembles a Golden Sun battle a bit too much and that singled handedly revived the interest for Isaac on a huge part of a community who thought he had no chance at all. His words are powerful and he has to be careful on what he says and how he says it.

Sakurai said:
I can’t carelessly tweet, so my tweets are very brief. I have to speak in a way so there’s no misunderstandings, and there are times where I enjoy Twitter and I appreciate it. But, there’s a lot of times where I get too caught up in people’s reactions…
https://sourcegaming.info/2015/07/19/sakuraipotdtranslation/

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
All of this Isaac hate has now turned into a meme.

Holy ****. People are pathetic for legit going ape **** over a fictional character that may be in Smash Bros.

DogManStar

Smash Ace

Holy ****. People are pathetic for legit going ape **** over a fictional character that may be in Smash Bros.
Yeah, I've always found that idea hilarious. Especially when I was 13, posting on GameFAQs in 2015. I always thought it was hilarious that some people, almost two times older than I was, were insulting me about wanting characters from games they thought were bad or irrelevant.

TappyBat

Smash Ace

yet people are perfectly fine with the other obscure reps. I don't understand. Did Golden Sun murder their family or something? ._.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've always found that idea hilarious. Especially when I was 13, posting on GameFAQs in 2015. I always thought it was hilarious that some people, almost two times older than I was, were insulting me about wanting characters from games they thought were bad or irrelevant.
Well, they are detractors after all.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
yet people are perfectly fine with the other obscure reps. I don't understand. Did Golden Sun murder their family or something? ._.
No, it committed a worse offense. It made them face the fact that some people have opinions and that not everyone else agrees with them all the time.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Nah. It just became popular is all. And when something is popular, you gotta hate it dontchaknow.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
People have characters they love and people will want a character to hate. I have seen it in many forms from the miis, to Ridley, to King K. Rool, and of course our very own Isaac. I try to avoid people like that, they often just want attention or they want to talk about a character that is not really being discussed so they attack the ones that are.

There sure are a lot of people on this forum for such an "irrelevant character". (not that relevancy is really an issue for this game).

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
What characters are SmashFaq rallying behind? I'm genuinely curious; but also I'd rather stay out of there based on hearsay lol.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I don't know where this "GameFAQs hates Isaac" stereotype you guys seem to believe in is coming from. I'm primarily a GameFAQs user at this point, and am an Isaac detractor.

We are the minority. The majority of the board not only likes him, but thinks he'll be in. Whoever told you that GameFAQs is full of Isaac haters have no clue what they're talking about.
Okay, I believe you.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I certainly don't believe Loz, or any account that "tries" to act like they're LoZ.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where this "GameFAQs hates Isaac" stereotype you guys seem to believe in is coming from. I'm primarily a GameFAQs user at this point, and am an Isaac detractor.

We are the minority. The majority of the board not only likes him, but thinks he'll be in. Whoever told you that GameFAQs is full of Isaac haters have no clue what they're talking about.

loz18 is Skull Kid on that Discord server.

I'm the one who posted the videos of the chatlog.

https://i.imgtc.com/DEoGLvq.png

^ This should suffice as evidence that Skull Kid is loz18.
How is anything he said relevant though? Loz knows as much about Smash as we do. He only says that he THINKS Skull Kid is in and that people shouldn't get their hopes up about Isaac. Part of being an Isaac supporter is living with the very likely possibility that Isaac won't be in Smash, but we're all fans of the character and series and wish that it was given the attention it deserves.

People keep clinging to this ridiculous idea that Loz knows anything about Smash Ultimate but he doesn't. He only played an early version of the demo at E3 and now knows nothing more but is treated like some sort of Smash Messiah.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
cause the people at gamefaqs a mindless sheep
They're not though. A lot of them know that Loz is full of BS. It's only the people who don't want Isaac who are suddenly saying that he's right. Even he himself has said that he's only speculating, but so few people want to look at that. They just want to push some anti-Isaac agenda.

Burb was right when he said a lot of people on Gamefaqs do want Isaac, but a lot don't as well.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
"
This is a witch hunt!
I am trying to bring the truth out about Isaac!
@SmashBurb is not me!

Do not connect me with that!

Fake news Loz18 leaked Skull Kid and told you SAD people Isaac is not in! Guess what! He is not in! Ashley got in before loser Isaac and low selling Golden Sun!

Crooked Mimique is now working with Loz18 to make fake news about Isaac (Sad)

I hope you Isaac fans get so disappointed!

Mark my words
When Smash Ultimate launches I will be laughing here because Isaac is not in!

Skull Kid is in! and the rest of what @Vergeben says!

Sad to see Loz18 become so crooked "
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76961314?page=7

Sureeeee... Gamefaqs isn't a cesspool...sureeeee..
I'm so tired...

"
SmashInsideNews posted...
ArendAlphaEagle posted...
Okay I think SmashInsiderNews had his fun now. Can the mods ban this joker now?​

Banning me for telling the truth! Trying to make FAKE news the only thing this website gets!

Why support a DEAD IP, grow up Isaac fans!

HE
IS
NOT
IN!"​

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
"
This is a witch hunt!
SmashBurb is not me!

Fake news Loz18 leaked Skull Kid and told you SAD people Isaac is not in! Guess what! He is not in! Ashley got in before loser Isaac and low selling Golden Sun!

Mark my words

Skull Kid is in! and the rest of what Vergeben says!

The funny thing is, I don't think anyone asked if he was SmashBurb

So it's SmashBurb

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah let's not even focus on that anymore guys, dude was just wasting our time with fake news. Our hopes for Isaac and things pointing for his inclusion shouldn't be affected by any of that fake situation. Let's keep the support and hype high. There will be hundreds of fake leaks and news, we gotta be always be ready to ignore them, as usual.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
"
This is a witch hunt!
@SmashBurb is not me!

Mark my words

Skull Kid is in! and the rest of what @Vergeben says!

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76961314?page=7

Sureeeee... Gamefaqs isn't a cesspool...sureeeee..
I'm so tired...

"
SmashInsideNews posted...
ArendAlphaEagle posted...​
Okay I think SmashInsiderNews had his fun now. Can the mods ban this joker now?​

Banning me for telling the truth! Trying to make FAKE news the only thing this website gets!​
Why support a DEAD IP, grow up Isaac fans!​
HE​
IS​
NOT​
IN!"​

( S A D )

I ****ing love this. the dedication for sounding like the most cartoonishly over the top villain I've ever seen is absolutely top notch.

Didn't SmashInsiderNews take Loz's word to heart? Now he's....what? Now saying it's fake news? What a ****ing laugh this guy is. He should go to the comedy club more often.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys... I was watching a movie(the megalodon one... I think I will not go swimming for a while) what did I lose?

Top Bottom