• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah let's "move" on, no pun intended. lol. What themes would you like to hear remixed in an Isaac reveal trailer btw?

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
What was bs? some leak appeared and destroyed the multiverse with a Image of Goku which as a Photoshoped shulk?
Loz said Isaac wasn't in. Now he's saying Isaac is definitely in. Basically he's trolling and has no idea but people are still taking him seriously.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Loz said Isaac wasn't in. Now he's saying Isaac is definitely in. Basically he's trolling and has no idea but people are still taking him seriously.
That wasn't loz to begin with, it's fake. I already made a post about it. Let's move on seriously.

tveye

Smash Journeyman

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Honestly, i didn't check to see if the eveidnece Burb provided was real. I kinda lost it.

Though, i don't know if EITHER of them are the real loz.

Edit: Someone also posted you on a discord server.

https://giphy.com/gifs/52EYCfG3Sx9mYiqjHD/fullscreen
It's literally impossible to know, which is why i always say anyone can be a pretender just like anyone can make a fake leak. I honestly don't know how to tell who is who if they never share anything more personal or solid other than just their own word on it. It's honestly irrelevant at this point anyway, it only caused unnecessary drama in this thread.

Fair enough. You guys know what a really underrated Golden Sun song is? The Garoh theme.
https://youtu.be/9VimBAc-lfA

When the Smash Dojo was updating, I remember when they updated with Snowman from Earthbound, which I had never played at that time and was like, "That's totally the Garoh theme."

Listen for yourself...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1Md2ODg-0M
You're right!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's literally impossible to know, which is why i always say anyone can be a pretender just like anyone can make a fake leak. I honestly don't know how to tell who is who if they never share anything more personal or solid other than just their own word on it. It's honestly irrelevant at this point anyway, it only caused unnecessary drama in this thread.
i gotcha.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yeah let's "move" on, no pun intended. lol. What themes would you like to hear remixed in an Isaac reveal trailer btw?
Saturos theme, Venus Lighthouse, overworld theme, the Babi's lighthouse dungeon theme and a lot more(I'm bad at listening music)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
How fast is the Isaac amiibo gonna run out in EU? I'm guessing it's gonna be hard as hell to find and it's gonna run out on other regions as well because of it, lol

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
How fast is the Isaac amiibo gonna run out in EU? I'm guessing it's gonna be hard as hell to find and it's gonna run out on other regions as well because of it, lol
Depends on the quality of the stance and how hungry GS fans are for buying an amiibo.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Man I usually don't preorder amiibos but gahh damn I would preorder an Isaac amiibo the instant it goes up

And I'm sure it'll sell out super fast here in Canada too :p

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Depends on the quality of the stance and how hungry GS fans are for buying an amiibo.
Man I usually don't preorder amiibos but gahh damn I would preorder an Isaac amiibo in an instant
There you go hahaha. Yeah it's gonna be like buying the Switch during the first months all over again… I think it will be one of those amiibos that will need extra production, lol

iam8bit

Smash Ace

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
There you go hahaha. Yeah it's gonna be like buying the Switch during the first months all over again… I think it will be one of those amiibos that will need extra production, lol
I feel like it will have low production though, kinda like how shulks amiibo was when it first released. That thing got crazy expensive crazy fast because apparently Nintendo was "shocked" at the popularity and underproduced them lol

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I feel like it will have low production though, kinda like how shulks amiibo was when it first released. That thing got crazy expensive crazy fast because apparently Nintendo was "shocked" at the popularity and underproduced them lol
I can already see it… Isaac Geno and Banjo, the most expensive amiibos of all time on Ebay… lol

iam8bit

Smash Ace
It would be super awesome to have an Isaac Amiibo. I don't really collect them but I do have my mains.

The rest I have are just collecting dust sadly. I got them thinking they'd be come expensive, and some of them did, for a while. Now most of them are at regular price, probably including the rarest I got (initial runs of Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer). :laugh:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know people want to move on with the topic, but I've been busy the last few hours and wasn't able to take part in the discussion.

People are wondering where all the hate for Golden Sun comes from.

I remembered something just a few minutes ago.

https://lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/
This LP from SomethingAwful in 2010

Just read the opening blurb.
Quovak said:
When I was a little kid the moderators told me not to play Golden Sun. So once when I was starting an LP, I did. At first the poor design was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to remove the batteries, and then the horror began to dissolve. My sense of good taste shrunk to nothingness and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. My friends didn't know if my judgment of quality would ever heal. I was terrified, alone in having withstood that game. Slowly better games crept into my GBA, and I could enjoy them again, but something else had changed inside of me.
The guy is incredibly negative about Golden Sun pretty much throughout the LP, which makes me wonder why he even bothered to LP it in the first place.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I know people want to move on with the topic, but I've been busy the last few hours and wasn't able to take part in the discussion.

The guy is incredibly negative about Golden Sun pretty much throughout the LP, which makes me wonder why he even bothered to LP it in the first place.
Oh....Just opinions.

Alright.

Just so anyone knows, people should treat opinons with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace

The Quovak LP is ridiculous. Even on /v/ I've seen people ridicule that thing. All he does it nitpick. He tries to be witty, but it all just comes across as annoying pretension. Thanks but no thanks. At least film and music contrarians have interesting taste and can introduce you to some neat stuff. Game contrarians just come across as annoying...

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Let's not let people who like to troll and bait us, get us down. Let's keep it positive and have fun speculating about smash! Let's not let hating and spite take control of us. We are here, banding together and we will keep our heads up regardless of what happens.

Just ignore them, because if they can't respectfully debate and speculate without being children about it than leave them to dry without any responses, don't give them the time or day just for them to get attention and trigger value.

As for leaks, I am just gonna stick with what my gut says.

Anyways, moving forward to 300 pages xD~

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i'd like to ask everyone one question: how do we know isaac was high on the ballot? i'd like to know why many think this way.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman

I wish I had that Frieza "I'll ignore that." pic right about now.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't care for amiibos and have no intention of buying them. The only exception is if Isaac and Banjo are announced and get amiibos. I waited years for both of them to be in Smash and you can be darn sure I will buy that cheap plastic vindication day one.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Quovak LP is ridiculously dumb. Even on /v/ I've seen people ridicule that thing. All he does it nitpick. He tries to be witty, but it all just comes across as annoying pretension. Thanks but no thanks. At least film and music contrarians have interesting taste and can introduce you to some neat stuff. Game contrarians are just pathetic and annoying like that guy is.
Unfortunately, the wrong opinion in the right place can do a lot of damage.

Quovak released his LP in 2010, right around the time Dark Dawn came out, Golden Sun was ripe for a smear campaign.

Obviously, his attempt to ruin Golden Sun's reputation succeeded, at least with a certain few vocal minorities (who I would guess were kids and teens when the LP came out, and were therefore impressionable).

Naturally, I too think his *choke* 'review' of the game is ridiculous, nitpicky and pretentious; but it's also infamous, that makes it influential.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
i'd like to ask everyone one question: how do we know isaac was high on the ballot? i'd like to know why many think this way.
There's this spreadsheet someone made with the combined results of over 14 polls that ran in different gaming sites around the same time of the 2015 ballot.

In said polls Isaac is always up there, and he's the highest yet to be confirmed (or deconfirmed) character on the west, and like 8th on Japan.

This is obviously a secondary collection, so the info is not accurate, but it's a good sign nevertheless. Anyone that tells you they know for sure are straight up lying.

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=0

The guy that compiled the data on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...haracters_from_estimated_ballot_poll/e4dfewk/

Visual representation of the combined polls:
(For unconfirmed characters as of 8.8 direct)

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I've always kinda found that overly nitpicky, forced anger style of review annoying. Most late 2000s/early 2010s YouTubers are incredibly difficult for me to stomach. Glad I didn't start using the internet seriously until a few years after that style was dead.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Because Online polls so far has been *fairly* accurate.
Unfortunately, the wrong opinion in the right place can do a lot of damage.

Quovak released his LP in 2010, right around the time Dark Dawn came out, Golden Sun was ripe for a smear campaign.

Obviously, his attempt to ruin Golden Sun's reputation succeeded, at least with a certain few vocal minorities (who I would guess were kids and teens when the LP came out, and were therefore impressionable).

Naturally, I too think his *choke* 'review' of the game is ridiculous, nitpicky and pretentious; but it's also infamous, that makes it influential.
I think people like KBash was influenced by this LP if I'm being honest.

People sometimes are so influenced by a single opinion, and it doesn't matter if they themselves didn't think it. If it's by someone who they like, they start feeling that way too.

The game grumps fanbase and Sonic as a whole is a REALLY good example of this adoption of mentality.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I hate the way some people just refuse to think for themselves. Even outside of games this is a thing. You have a brain for a reason guys. Use it!

zmero_

Smash Cadet
There's this spreadsheet someone made with the combined results of over 14 polls that ran in different gaming sites around the same time of the 2015 ballot.

In said polls Isaac is always up there, and he's the highest yet to be confirmed (or deconfirmed) character on the west, and like 8th on Japan.

This is obviously a secondary collection, so the info is not accurate, but it's a good sign nevertheless. Anyone that tells you they know for sure are straight up lying.

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=0

The guy that compiled the data on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...haracters_from_estimated_ballot_poll/e4dfewk/

Visual representation of the combined polls:
(For unconfirmed characters as of 8.8 direct)

I'm surprised Wonder Red is still that high in polls

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm surprised Wonder Red is still that high in polls
I'm surprised Ray is as high as he is.

I want to think Custom Robo representation is possible, but W101 might take the "3rd new Nintendo franchise rep" if we're going by this chart.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
It's the same reasons why K. Rool, Ridley and many other fan favourite characters feel that way about Isaac. No one truly knows, but with the list of other polls that were compiled throughout many fan polls it's a good showcase of characters that are really popular. I mean it isn't 100% fact or proof, but it shows that people actually want this character specifically.

Not to mention that Isaac was just as requested as Geno, Skull Kid, Ridley and K.Rool back in the day since brawl. He was popular than and he is popular now, I feel that should be proof enough right? Especially Golden Sun selling almost 2 Million Copies as of 2018, shows that the character is a fan favourite.

At least that is how I feel about it. I am not indifferent to other characters like Skull Kid, Geno or many others. I just feel that a Golden Sun rep deserves a chance to be in smash, since the game sold well, it's a bit niche, but it's more popular than most think it is. Sure, there are many people who don't like and that is cool. I respect those opinions, but I am a huge fan and would love to see Nintendo give some treatment to Golden Sun.

Top Bottom