• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Make sure you're on the supporter list if you truly support his inclusion. Just making sure people don't get left out.

I mean, guys. lol. Rayman isn't any more or less likely than he was before. Don't forget the ballot exists. If he wasn't high enough on the ballot, that is the only reason he won't make it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Don't let small things like this be a source of discouragement.
Where do you think ones like Shovel Knight or Ashley etc landed in the ballot? As they probably had enough support to warrant playability but still didn't get that jump. Not going against your words just curious.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
For all we know, they set up the furniture as a false hint cause they already did that once for K Rool. Naturally, this is speculation.
I think i said that before too.

Where do you think ones like Shovel Knight or Ashley etc landed in the ballot? As they probably had enough support to warrant playability but still didn't get that jump. Not going against your words just curious.
I think there is more at play here. Popularity is one thing, but their might be other factors that we don't know about that determines their playability.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Man, I am so glad to be in a non-toxic environment here on smash boards. Let's stay respectful and genuine of one another. Not like some people who are on places like 4chan and GameFAQs.

You all are a great community, here's to our current thread and our support of Smash, Golden Sun and opinions. :D

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
My word still stands exactly as I said it. If he didn't score high enough, then he is being relegated to being an assist trophy. That is all there is to it.

Last edited:

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
Gamefaqs is painful to be on. The amount of toxicity is astounding and the amount of hypocrites and uninformed drones is seeming endless.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I mean, guys. lol. Rayman isn't any more or less likely than he was before. Don't forget the ballot exists. If he wasn't high enough on the ballot, that is the only reason he won't make it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Don't let small things like this be a source of discouragement.
I wouldn't call this a "small thing" though.

Ubisoft, just placed their character in a fighting game which not only has core mechanics similar to Smash, but that it's also played competitively as an e-sport.

Ballot or not, I see it more as a "I don't think Ubisoft played nicely even if Nintendo did ask".

It's not impossible for him to be in, but I do find it way less likely now.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I wouldn't call this a "small thing" though.

Ubisoft, just placed their character in a fighting game which not only has core mechanics similar to Smash, but that it's also played competitively as an e-sport.

Ballot or not, I see it more as a "I don't think Ubisoft played nicely even if Nintendo did ask".

It's not impossible for him to be in, but I do find it way less likely now.
You guys are putting too much weight on outside probability. Nintendo does not care about if other companies are doing things like e-sports or whatever they do to market their brands. The only thing that would "hurt" his chances is dealing with things that could potentially harm their market. Rayman being included is only something that would benefit them. Just like cross-play with Microsoft and PC for Minecraft didn't harm them, or adding Ryu despite Street Fighter having a stronger e-sports scene.

These are things us fans think about that are literally nothing to the marketing figureheads. Money, sales, and demand speak louder than anything.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It’s obvious that Rayman’s actual chances of getting in are not dependent on Brawlhalla, and mostly have to do with how he did in the ballot.

However, Rayman being in or not is already decided. That truth lies within a black box. For us to know what lies inside that box, we need outside clues.

So Rayman being in Brawlhalla can’t lower his chances because the future can’t alter the past. Duh. What we can assume, however, is that it is unlikely that Ubisoft, having decided to put him in Smash, would also later choose to put him in Brawlhalla.

Given the new information we learn now, we can attempt to determine what happened before.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You guys are putting too much weight on outside probability. Nintendo does not care about if other companies are doing things like e-sports or whatever they do to market their brands. The only thing that would "hurt" his chances is dealing with things that could potentially harm their market. Rayman being included is only something that would benefit them. Just like cross-play with Microsoft and PC for Minecraft didn't harm them, or adding Ryu despite Street Fighter having a stronger e-sports scene.

These are things us fans think about that are literally nothing to the marketing figureheads. Money, sales, and demand speak louder than anything.
Brawlhalla was also released a year ago. I think if Ubisoft really wanted to put Rayman in a fighting game, i don't think Brawlhalla would be one of their choices.

It would be smash.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Brawlhalla was also released a year ago. I think if Ubisoft really wanted to put Rayman in a fighting game, i don't think Brawlhalla would be one of their choices.

It would be smash.
I think any company would want to spread exposure of their brand. So they aren't going to limit themselves to just one game. lol Just look at Shovel Knight. He is in Indie Pogo, Rivals, and god knows what else. But that is besides the point. Ubisoft is publishing that game. OF COURSE they're going to get a guest character. Its just another benefit for Ubisoft.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Regardless of what Loz knows doesn't change the fact we want Isaac.

Leaks are leaks, we just move every day forward till we get a direct
That's the spirit! The Isaac thread shouldn't fall down due to fake leaks just like the Skull kid support thread won't fall down by some random ass dude sayin that skull kidw ill be a boss lmao. If we can ignore fake leaks somewhere, surely we can ignore them everywhere else too.

Wait, can you prove it? Do you have pictures?
I don't know how i would prove it's him, but that's good because it means he is safe. Even if I knew how to prove he is in the discord group i'm at, I would definitely put the him on the uncomfortable situation he has already been avoiding and running from. He moved from gamefaqs ,and sites like that, to avoid thousands of questions and the harassement. He left gamefaqs and moved to twitter hoping he could avoid that, or control it more easily at least with blocking and muting… and then soon later he just found a private discord group (the one i'm currently at) to just talk like a normal guy with us about smash in general and speculate like anyone else. He barely ever get's online because he is busy. The man just wants to talk regularly to people now. He told us that if he has something to leak, he will leak it under an anonymous name SOMEWHERE else, he didn't tell us where or under what name, that's how careful he truly is.

I will share this tho, for you guys… he told us, like a week ago, that the info that goes through his desk is NEVER specific on the role of ANY character. He doesn't handle that type of info, which makes sense as you can see he has only been heavily implying lately characters like skull kid, because the type of info he hears or reads isn't about character roles… He hasn't even said anything about Isaac either, if you're curious. He doesn't know about him either. Latest thing we all know from him is that skull kid is heavily implied to be in the game but not sure about in what way. This was during some conversation a few days ago where i asked him and he @ 'ed me when talking about how the info actually goes through him:

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 5.59.47 PM.png

Obviously I covered my name, I don't want to become the next person to be bothered on discord about what he says, lol.

Then, when I asked him who truly knows all content on the game, he answered the obvious thing that we all know… :

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 6.30.58 PM.png

But that's pretty obvious, Nintendo is careful enough to not let anyone inside their own company to leak the ENTIRE thing.

This also confirms to you all that the Info is handled and distributed differently for different departments. That's why leaks claiming to know the rest of newcomers are always fake, there's no way everyone is suddendly from ESRB or whatever now, lol.

So guys… if you ever see someone claiming to be him and saying "this character is / is not playable", it's fake, easy as that. He won't be leaking stuff on discord either, but "somewhere" under an anonymous name, which like I said, he didn't even tell us when or where or as who.

Last edited:

Machete

Smash Ace
Man, the people on resetera sure seem certain the massive support for Isaac is just a few vocal minorities and his high presence in polls is not indicative of the ballot. Kinda soured my mood. I heard so much of that bull when supporting Ridley and K.Rool, I hate it when people try to downplay a character's genuine popularity.

I've said it before, Isaac is not really my personal pick, but I do want him a lot because I really want the Isaac fans to get their due. I've expressed my support for him here in the past, but I would wanna be part of that supporter list! I would be genuinely hype for him.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think any company would want to spread exposure of their brand. So they aren't going to limit themselves to just one game. lol Just look at Shovel Knight. He is in Indie Pogo, Rivals, and god knows what else. But that is besides the point. Ubisoft is publishing that game. OF COURSE they're going to get a guest character. Its just another benefit for Ubisoft.

Yeah...Because they didn't get into smash.

Also, this is the first cameo he's had in another game since appearing in that Mobile Game in 2017. They almost never add in anything, except being trophies in smash 4.
No matter what, this "outside source" has dimmed his chances.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Yeah...Because they didn't get into smash.

Also, this is the first cameo he's had in another game since appearing in that Mobile Game in 2017. They almost never add in anything, except being trophies in smash 4.
Not being in Smash has nothing to do with it. Companies will expand their brands with or without it.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Not being in Smash has nothing to do with it. Companies will expand their brands with or without it.
If this is the way that Ubisoft wants to expand their brand, then clearly they should've done it 5 years ago when Rayman Legends came out.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I will say it was pretty bad timing for Ubisoft to announce Rayman for Brawlhalla. In a time of rampant speculation in the Smash community, when tensions are high and Rayman is a loved character. It has left people wanting him in Smash with a bad taste in their mouth. He could still be in Smash when Dec. 7 comes around but, for now people are worried. That being said, this has nothing to do with Isaac so move along.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
That's the spirit! The Isaac thread shouldn't fall down due to fake leaks just like the Skull kid support thread won't fall down by some random *** dude sayin that skull kidw ill be a boss lmao. If we can ignore fake leaks somewhere, surely we can ignore them everywhere else too.

I don't know how i would prove it's him, but that's good because it means he is safe. Even if I knew how to prove he is in the discord group i'm at, I would definitely put the him on the uncomfortable situation he has already been avoiding and running from. He moved from gamefaqs ,and sites like that, to avoid thousands of questions and the harassement. He left gamefaqs and moved to twitter hoping he could avoid that, or control it more easily at least with blocking and muting… and then soon later he just found a private discord group (the one i'm currently at) to just talk like a normal guy with us about smash in general and speculate like anyone else. He barely ever get's online because he is busy. The man just wants to talk regularly to people now. He told us that if he has something to leak, he will leak it under an anonymous name SOMEWHERE else, he didn't tell us where or under what name, that's how careful he truly is.

I will share this tho, for you guys… he told us, like a week ago, that the info that goes through his desk is NEVER specific on the role of ANY character. He doesn't handle that type of info, which makes sense as you can see he has only been heavily implying lately characters like skull kid, because the type of info he hears or reads isn't about character roles… He hasn't even said anything about Isaac either, if you're curious. He doesn't know about him either. Latest thing we all know from him is that skull kid is heavily implied to be in the game but not sure about in what way. This was during some conversation a few days ago where i asked him and he @ 'ed me when talking about how the info actually goes through him:

View attachment 161429
Obviously I covered my name, I don't want to become the next person to be bothered on discord about what he says, lol.

Then, when I asked him who truly knows all content on the game, he answered the obvious thing that we all know… :

View attachment 161430

But that's pretty obvious, Nintendo is careful enough to not let anyone inside their own company to leak the ENTIRE thing.

This also confirms to you all that the Info is handled and distributed differently for different departments. That's why leaks claiming to know the rest of newcomers are always fake, there's no way everyone is suddendly from ESRB or whatever now, lol.

So guys… if you ever see someone claiming to be him and saying "this character is / is not playable", it's fake, easy as that. He won't be leaking stuff on discord either, but "somewhere" under an anonymous name, which like I said, he didn't even tell us when or where or as who.

Really really like this comment. Thanks you so much for sharing

TappyBat

Smash Ace
That's the spirit! The Isaac thread shouldn't fall down due to fake leaks just like the Skull kid support thread won't fall down by some random *** dude sayin that skull kidw ill be a boss lmao. If we can ignore fake leaks somewhere, surely we can ignore them everywhere else too.

View attachment 161429

View attachment 161430

So then Gamefaqs are just being morons then?

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Just like Zero I will be as bold as predicting that Isaac is the next newcomer annouced at a direct starting whit Smash content, why?

Sakurai already said that the rooster will be inspire by the ballot, and Isaac is one of the frontrunner.

I've been following leaky pandy since january, if he is confident enough too state that Skull Kid is a boss, I believe him. He promised too only post on things he was 100% certain after the backlash from the ND back in january.

Skull kid was not high on the ballot, why? We have the fan poll. Why should we consider them? Well just like the real ballot Smash fans are the most likelly to vote. (And multiple times in this one).

We had a bunch of frontrunner deconfirm early on, Ashley, Shovel Knight and Bomberman.

So why on earth would Isaac be different?
Why should we be the ones to suffer while the others are already burried?

Because Isaac is playable, he's been tease and not disconfirm yet.

Why early in a direct? At E3 we got Inkling and in August we got the Belmonts. In both we talked about the Splatoon stage and the Castlevania stage, then we finished whit newcomers from series which already as a stage.

The hint after all of that is from GS, nothing else of value was posted by Sakurai.

The she... sun shall raise again. :happysheep:

That's my honest opinion, why would Sakurai makes exception for Golden Sun fans, then tease Isaac to crush our hopes, he said he doesn't like posting on tweeter because it can gives fan false hope.

From a guy who played Golden Sun for 3 hours because playing GBA games on PC/Wii U sucks... wth Big N, the 3DS was perfect for this...

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't know where this "GameFAQs hates Isaac" stereotype you guys seem to believe in is coming from. I'm primarily a GameFAQs user at this point, and am an Isaac detractor.

We are the minority. The majority of the board not only likes him, but thinks he'll be in. Whoever told you that GameFAQs is full of Isaac haters have no clue what they're talking about.

This. Also, guys… I AM part of the discord where loz truly is atm and he neither goes by that name nor said anything about it. He even talks about regular stuff with us because he made specifically clear that he won't be talking about smash as a leaker himself. Whoever made that picture is just another loz hater, there are plenty of them.
loz18 is Skull Kid on that Discord server.

I'm the one who posted the videos of the chatlog.

https://i.imgtc.com/DEoGLvq.png

^ This should suffice as evidence that Skull Kid is loz18.

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Man, the people on resetera sure seem certain the massive support for Isaac is just a few vocal minorities and his high presence in polls is not indicative of the ballot. Kinda soured my mood. I heard so much of that bull when supporting Ridley and K.Rool, I hate it when people try to downplay a character's genuine popularity.

I've said it before, Isaac is not really my personal pick, but I do want him a lot because I really want the Isaac fans to get their due. I've expressed my support for him here in the past, but I would wanna be part of that supporter list! I would be genuinely hype for him.
That's pretty ironic considering that it's the opposite if anything. If Isaac is due to a vocal minority, I'd really like to see who this supposed vocal minority is honestly. Isaac and GS fanbase is practically the last ones you can claim that on because we're so quiet most of the time. I mean, look at us here. We'll discuss among ourselves like mad beasts, but keep opinions pretty civil outside of it. These things tend to happen to popular characters though because their own favorite character feels threatened. "Roster spots" and all that jazz.

Istry555

Smash Cadet
Gamefaqs is just jumping to conclusions like usual.

All lolz18 ever said was that he hasn't seen any scripts/material with Isaac in it. However, it's impossible for him to disconfirm a character because he doesn't know the full roster (he didn't know about Richter, he can't name the Pokemon rep, etc.). From his own speculation he thinks Isaac's chances are unlikely (because he hasn't seen any info and he views Golden Sun as a semi-dead series), but that's just speculation and not a disconfirmation. It's entirely possible Isaac is in and lolz18 just hasn't seen any of the material that has him (because it went to a different company or person).

Basically, Isaac fans are in the same situation as they were before with no definite confirmation on anything.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don't know where this "GameFAQs hates Isaac" stereotype you guys seem to believe in is coming from. I'm primarily a GameFAQs user at this point, and am an Isaac detractor.

We are the minority. The majority of the board not only likes him, but thinks he'll be in. Whoever told you that GameFAQs is full of Isaac haters have no clue what they're talking about.

Stop spreading this fake stuff already. That's hardly evidence to even prove it's him at all. There's no way you can prove whoever is on a discord that it's him. It's not like you knew his face or whatever. Anyone can make a fake leak, and pretend to be someone by the way. This kind of stuff is bannable as far as I know and you're just annoying this thread with it.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Neat

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
None of us should care about what loz has to say anyway. He is so sketchy that it might as well be an anonymous poster on 4chan. He has little to no credibility in my opinion.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Stop spreading this fake stuff already. That's hardly evidence to even prove it's him at all. There's no way you can prove whoever is on a discord that it's him. It's not like you knew his face or whatever. Anyone can make a fake leak, and pretend to be someone by the way. This kind of stuff is bannable as far as I know and you're just annoying this thread with it.
If spreading false information is bannable, then you ought to say your goodbyes, because you're the one lying.

Literally just provided evidence in the message you're quoting. There's a link to the Discord itself in one of those screenshots, from the same guy who outright says loz18 is Skull Kid. If the guy I was talking to was a fake, how would I have gotten the link in the first place?

But if you need more....
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76960933

^ This thread includes the admin of the server (user WheatleyKun) joining the discussion and talking about the leaks, outright saying that it's loz. I have another PM from another admin asking me to take down the videos I posted. Furthermore, I have over 10 minutes worth of chatlog videos.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
If this is the way that Ubisoft wants to expand their brand, then clearly they should've done it 4 years ago when Rayman Legends came out.
I mean, I'm not Ubisoft. I can't speak for every decision they make. But I can use common sense to deduce that a company that has the opportunity to work with others and expand their brand will do so if it helps them make money. Rayman was inevitably going to be in Brawlhalla even if he ends up in Smash. Because Ubisoft is publishing it. Just like how Shovel Knight would have still been in every single game he is currently in. Its not going to harm his chances one way or another, nor did it ever, or will ever.

That being said, I'm closing the book on this topic because this is an Isaac Thread. You can always hit me up in pms if you really want to discuss it that badly.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
None of us should care about what loz has to say anyway. He is so sketchy that it might as well be an anonymous poster on 4chan. He has little to no credibility in my opinion.
If there's something i'm sure about, is that whatever verg or loz or anyone says will probably be debunked or confirmed once and for all in the next reveal, hopefully this month. Can't wait to be perfectly honest, this leakers situation has dragged for quite a while now. lol

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
If there's something i'm sure about, is that whatever verg or loz or anyone says will probably be debunked or confirmed once and for all in the next reveal, hopefully this month. Can't wait to be perfectly honest, this leakers situation has dragged for quite a while now. lol
Do you think anything will get announced this month? Not asking about anything related to the leakers, but rather you personally.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
to be fair if wasn't for Vergeben I would see "Simon who?" when he got revealed, and said "RICHTER YEAH" because I know Richter but not Simon, this way for me Richter is the OC and Simon is the echo XD...

also if the " xxxxx who?" thing apply to half of Smash Roster, outside Mario and Pokemon most of common people don't know anything about the other series (I have shown Smash U link to a friend and he called it "blue zelda") and even for Nintendofans (because I'm sure more than half of people that played 64 didn't knew who was Ness or Capt Falcon) and I won't even start with Marth AND ROY in melee... Roy literaly debuted before his game! We got the same thing with Corrin(in the west, most of my friends said "Who the hell is this guy?") I think there is no character that everyone knows, even for a single one will be "Geno/Isaac/Shantae/BandanaDee/SkullKid who?"
Heh, I've only ever played and beat one Castlevania game(Circle of the Moon), but looked into the series prior enough to know about Richter and Simon...I was actually really surprised at all the people who didn't know who Richter was and who recognized Simon's stationary whip moving ability from SCIV as "oh it's Sheik's old side b" in pretty much every reaction video! I guess Castlevania might just be that one franchise everyone knows because its legacy is of a "classic" but not too many actually tried them out?

And yea, as we have more obscure characters, that's inevitable, though there's different degrees of that, still calling Link zelda in 2018 is pretty different from not knowing japan-only strategy franchise in 2001 lmao. With how wide character speculation is and the internet, outside of Greninja there wasn't a single character for Smash 4 I didn't know about beforehand, was very different for Brawl where I didn't know Lucario, R.O.B., Wolf, etc....the degree of "who the hell"-ness is just overall diminished now, but its still there as Richter shows,

Funnily enough, I got into Fire Emblem before Smash Bros., and naturally found out about Roy before I tried out Melee(started with 64, then Brawl, then Melee way later), so I'm in the extreme minority that shouldn't even exist that actually knew who he was before I even knew he was in the roster! Golden Sun could actually have been a similar case had they gotten a character...it's one of those franchises I grew up with but assumed it wasn't very popular or relevant to most people, nevertheless a consideration for Smash! It's still kind of surreal honestly now looking at how he has this much vocal fans that wanted him in Smash...but I'm glad it's this way or else GS may just as well have stayed in the past forever, forgotten. That is worse than no new games or cameos.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Do you think anything will get announced this month? Not asking about anything related to the leakers, but rather you personally.
Well if past years have proved anything… most of them except one year i think… there has always been a direct on september. At least there was one on september 13th last year (and august 30th had a nindies, almost similar to this year too). So if anything I think we will be getting the next regular nintendo direct announced soon. They have to talk about regular games already (and I think someone pointed out something really true… that everytime there is a nindies direct, like 10 days or so later there's usually a regular nintendo direct). It's been long enough since E3 too so yeah, we're definitely about to get a nintendo direct this month unless nintendo wants to shoot their foot, lol. They gotta talk about online and probably showcase some games, maybe even smash, using the new online features and such. I would be baffled if we don't get a direct this month, really. My personal bet for the announcement of a direct should be late this next week or early the week ahead.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well if past years have proved anything… most of them except one year i think… there has always been a direct on september. At least there was one on september 13th last year (and august 30th had a nindies, almost similar to this year too). So if anything I think we will be getting the next regular nintendo direct announced soon. They have to talk about regular games already (and I think someone pointed out something really true… that everytime there is a nindies direct, like 10 days or so later there's usually a regular nintendo direct). It's been long enough since E3 too so yeah, we're definitely about to get a nintendo direct this month unless nintendo wants to shoot their foot, lol. They gotta talk about online and probably showcase some games, maybe even smash, using the new online features and such. I would be baffled if we don't get a direct this month, really. My personal bet for the announcement of a direct should be late this next week or early the week ahead.
Interesting. So it would probably be in my best interest to be prepared for a potential announcement within the coming weeks. I'll brace myself, but try not to keep my hopes up in case of an upset.

I honestly can't wait for this all to be over with. Isaac or no Isaac, its just painful waiting to know who we are getting. And the worst part is not knowing if this will even stretch out to DLC characters or not. They gotta drag this pain out as long as they can. Lmfao.

But I guess that is the fun of it all. Hopes and dreams of getting newcomers, the potential hype and let down of some of the reveals, and then eventually getting to play it with friends. Man. Its a long wait till December...

That being said, I'm certain Isaac will make it. After seeing this thread, other communities, and all sorts of outside sources, I'm convinced he is more popular than most think. I mean, he was topping the Project M character poll in the PM Discussion threads that the PM devs had their eyes on. He is currently topping most character polls on the net after K. Rool and Ridley. I don't think I have any doubts about it at this point.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

The stereotype exists because it has a kernel of truth to it. I am on Gamefaqs as well and I've seen it not only on Smash boards but also right in Golden Sun boards as well. I will agree that part of it is a lie - there are a lot of Isaac supporters on Gamefaqs that want him in the game and put up threads.

You have to give a little ground here too though. Isaac and Golden Sun haters are hardly what I would call the 'minority' over there in any capacity of the word. A lot of it will get aggressive in really casting the entire franchise in a bad light. It doesn't even matter why they hate the idea of him as a character, it all just devolves into a ****show. Just like you see daily threads that have Isaac speculation, you have daily threads of a mixture of straight up trolling to a passive-aggressive but staunch "I just don't understand why people think Golden Sun is important."

I know because every time I browse anymore it's there. Trying to downplay it isn't going to work.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
The stereotype exists because it has a kernel of truth to it. I am on Gamefaqs as well and I've seen it not only on Smash boards but also right in Golden Sun boards as well. I will agree that part of it is a lie - there are a lot of Isaac supporters on Gamefaqs that want him in the game and put up threads.

You have to give a little ground here too though. Isaac and Golden Sun haters are hardly what I would call the 'minority' over there in any capacity of the word. A lot of it will get aggressive in really casting the entire franchise in a bad light. It doesn't even matter why they hate the idea of him as a character, it all just devolves into a ****show. Just like you see daily threads that have Isaac speculation, you have daily threads of a mixture of straight up trolling to a passive-aggressive but staunch "I just don't understand why people think Golden Sun is important."

I know because every time I browse anymore it's there. Trying to downplay it isn't going to work.

Gamefaqs are like cowboy fans.

Top Bottom