• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
I hate the way some people just refuse to think for themselves. Even outside of games this is a thing. You have a brain for a reason guys. Use it!
"But thinking for myself is haaaaaarrrrrrd. I'd rather just listen to what this guy who seems to know he's talking about is saying."

There are many things this applies to, I'll leave people to come up with their own conclusions. :laugh:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've always kinda found that overly nitpicky, forced anger style of review annoying. Most late 2000s/early 2010s YouTubers are incredibly difficult for me to stomach. Glad I didn't start using the internet seriously until a few years after that style was dead.
Only "angry" reviewer I ever got into was the AVGN. because he could actually be funny about it and could actually made good points too.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Only "angry" reviewer I ever got into was the AVGN. because he could actually be funny about it and could actually made good points too.
It also helps all the games he reviews are complete piles of ****. Lol.

But that Earthbound he made was REALLY good. I didn't think he was THAT good at reviewing games that he likes.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
I still think that even if Sakurai wouldn't make Isaac playable he would at LEAST make him an assist with all the support for him. I'm cautiously optimistic but we still have no sign of an assist.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
How fast is the Isaac amiibo gonna run out in EU? I'm guessing it's gonna be hard as hell to find and it's gonna run out on other regions as well because of it, lol
I think this is the first time I will thank that golden sun isn't popular where I live, I gonna have a easier time with Stock of his amiibo

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not a huge amiibo collector, I generally only get them for the franchises or games I care about most, and even then I've only gotten 1 per series/game.

If Isaac gets into Smash, I'm definitely getting an amiibo of him.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Because Online polls so far has been *fairly* accurate.

I think people like KBash was influenced by this LP if I'm being honest.

People sometimes are so influenced by a single opinion, and it doesn't matter if they themselves didn't think it. If it's by someone who they like, they start feeling that way too.

The game grumps fanbase and Sonic as a whole is a REALLY good example of this adoption of mentality.
I feel K-Bash is just doing a comedic contrast of overexaggerated satire of reviews that rate Golden Sun extremely high. I found it actually kind of funny, since he knows that the game has amazing appeal, soundtrack and sound effects. Just a stretched out story with not alot of context inbetween, Kraden being literally useless and the samie puzzles within the game.

To that regard, K-Bash has stated that he would like to see Isaac in Smash. :D

alguidrag

Smash Ace

But that Earthbound he made was REALLY good. I didn't think he was THAT good at reviewing games that he likes.
of course he is good reviewing games he likes, people love to highball things they love and lowball things they dislike... some exceptions exist but is mostly that

like FE4 is my favorite game of all time but I can see many flaws, that could be erased with its remake, and that's why I want it so much

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So, i noticed something when it comes to the Ballot.

The ballot started on April 1st, right?

Well, the Majora's mask costume that some use as proof of Skull Kid being popular in the ballot, wasn't even released as a response to the ballot.

It was released on the same day the ballot started.

This doesn't outright disconfirm Skull kid, but i don't think the mii costume means much in regards to the ballot.
I feel K-Bash is just doing a comedic contrast of overexaggerated satire of reviews that rate Golden Sun extremely high. I found it actually kind of funny, since he knows that the game has amazing appeal, soundtrack and sound effects. Just a stretched out story with not alot of context inbetween, Kraden being literally useless and the samie puzzles within the game.

To that regard, K-Bash has stated that he would like to see Isaac in Smash. :D
I actually knew he liked the game. I just meant that statement in more of a "Hey this game isn't nearly as good as people make it out to be" kinda way.

zmero_

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised Ray is as high as he is.

I want to think Custom Robo representation is possible, but W101 might take the "3rd new Nintendo franchise rep" if we're going by this chart.
Custom Robo was great. Seeing Ray as an assist trophy in Brawl as a kid always made me want to play as him, too.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Custom Robo was great. Seeing Ray as an assist trophy in Brawl as a kid always made me want to play as him, too.
Too bad he was axed from 4, like Isaac.

I still blame the 3DS with how little memory it's cartridges have compared to Switch Carts or a Disc.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

You should have seen him talk about the Castlevania games by far my favorite episodes of his a great retrospective to see his childhood and how he grew up with the series it's a nice watch

Last edited:

zmero_

Smash Cadet
Too bad he was axed from 4, like Isaac.

I still blame the 3DS with how little memory it's cartridges have compared to Switch Carts or a Disc.
I really didn't like Smash 3DS at all. I thought it was cool at first because handheld Smash but then I realized how atrocious it was in looks, controls, etc. Still a good game and Sakurai did a good job of course, but really the only thing I enjoyed was Magicant and Smash Run. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks this way, either.

I still think that even if Sakurai wouldn't make Isaac playable he would at LEAST make him an assist with all the support for him. I'm cautiously optimistic but we still have no sign of an assist.
That's because he's going to be playable ;)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I really didn't like Smash 3DS at all. I thought it was cool at first because handheld Smash but then I realized how atrocious it was in looks, controls, etc. Still a good game and Sakurai did a good job of course, but really the only thing I enjoyed was Magicant and Smash Run. I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks this way, either.
I don't even think Sakurai wanted to do the 3DS version. The fact he had to cut so much out just to make it work makes me think Nintendo HEAVILY requested it just so the sales of smash bros wouldn't tank. (The wii u was failing at the time.)

I still like smash run. (It's better than Smash tour.) But i never understood why they tried to make the assist trophies consistent across both versions. Clearly they could make it work if stages between both versions are different.

edit: btw, report your last tweet so the mods can merge them together. Double posting is something mods don't like.

Last edited:

zmero_

Smash Cadet
I don't even think Sakurai wanted to do the 3DS version. The fact he had to cut so much out just to make it work makes me think Nintendo HEAVILY requested it just so the sales of smash bros wouldn't tank. (The wii u was failing at the time.)

I still like smash run. (It's better than Smash tour.) But i never understood why they tried to make the assist trophies consistent across both versions. Clearly they could make it work if stages between both versions are different.

edit: btw, report your last tweet so the mods can merge them together. Double posting is something mods don't like.
There's a lot of stuff with Smash 3DS I didn't understand lol

Also thanks for the tip lol, noob here

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
There's a lot of stuff with Smash 3DS I didn't understand lol

Also thanks for the tip lol, noob here
The 3ds stages were nice.

in HD. lol.

(No but serously, Pac-maze not being in HD confuses me. It looks better than....Pac-land.)

ZelDan

Smash Master
TBH I think the 3DS version of Smash 4 is better overall:

Smash Run >>>>>>> Smash Tour
better classic mode
less aggravating challenges
better stage selection

Only thing Smash Wii has over the 3DS version is obviously controls, but even then I had no problems adjusting to the 3DS controls.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
TBH I think the 3DS version of Smash 4 is better overall:

Smash Run >>>>>>> Smash Tour
better classic mode
less aggravating challenges
better stage selection

Only thing Smash Wii has over the 3DS version is obviously controls, but even then I had no problems adjusting to the 3DS controls.
Well Ultimate is basically outdoing both of them. So no need to compare them now when they'll be abandoned in a few months.

The fact that Sakurai is outdoing himself with this one is amazing. He could've ported the Wii U version. But he choose to make the "ultimate" smash bros.

Even if Isaac doesn't get in, I'll still love Ultimate.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So loz, who might not be loz, is saying Isaac won't get in but then some other loz, or the same loz, who may or may not be loz, is saying he could, and he will, and who even knows if loz's word means anything at this point and it's doing my nut in, let me tell you. I know the answer is to just ignore loz, it's the sensible thing to do. We'll find out soon enough anyway. But it's hard not to pick at scabs sometimes. :p

Burb Burb
Nazyrus Nazyrus
Would either of you like to comment on the veracity of these newer claims?

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
So loz, who might not be loz, is saying Isaac won't get in but then some other loz, or the same loz, who may or may not be loz, is saying he could, and he will, and who even knows if loz's word means anything at this point and it's doing my nut in, let me tell you. I know the answer is to just ignore loz, it's the sensible thing to do. We'll find out soon enough anyway. But it's hard not to pick at scabs sometimes. :p

Burb Burb
Nazyrus Nazyrus
The admin of his discord server confirmed it was him, but I still don't really trust Loz anyway.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
"Also just for the hell of it, Isaac could be in"

Sounds like pure speculation to me. I wouldn't put any stock in that...

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Iris? Well, I suppose summons in GS don't get more cinematic than that. Still would be surprising to see a summon other than Judgement as his FS.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The admin of his discord server confirmed it was him, but I still don't really trust Loz anyway.
I mean whether he actually said these specific posts. People will eventually start doctoring these as they did Vergeben claims.

zmero_

Smash Cadet
Well Ultimate is basically outdoing both of them. So no need to compare them now when they'll be abandoned in a few months.

The fact that Sakurai is outdoing himself with this one is amazing. He could've ported the Wii U version. But he choose to make the "ultimate" smash bros.

Even if Isaac doesn't get in, I'll still love Ultimate.
I've already sold Smash Wii U and my console is collecting dust in the closet …. oof
I mean I can just play the game in the game center at my college so I don't care about owning it lol. Only reason I haven't sold my Wii U as well is because the Gamepad is broken lol.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
The smash reddit seems to think Isaac has decent odds.
To be fair, Smash reddit also rallied behind Waluigi, Ashley, and Takamaru as likely additions. Unfortunately, that didn't go so well. They're not always the best at predictions.

Lots of people did call Inklings, K. Rool, and Ridley though. Simon too, but only after Vergeben.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

Burb Burb
Nazyrus Nazyrus
It's a loz-t case at this point. No point in extending and making this thread a leaker themed one :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's a loz-t case at this point. No point in extending and making this thread a leaker themed one :p
I'm not trying to give credence to loz, but I do want to know what has actually been claimed and what's been doctored.

Except the only difference is that Vergeben is a lot more credible.
Yeah, but Vergeben outright deconfirms fake claims, so it's not like that's any more sensible to do.

loz probably won't do that, since he's so skittish these days.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Except the only difference is that Vergeben is a lot more credible.
This.

But to be completely honest with you all, talking about these two leakers lately is like chewing old gum, there's just no taste to it anymore. Not until there's an actual reveal that finally puts an end or confirms whatever claim any of them have made (or keep making).

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I still believe Isaac will make the cut, regardless of what anyone says. It's just a gut feeling, but I won't discredit LoZ yet. Although, I feel bad for him and whoever is getting caught in the drama of it. Thankfully, I would rather be on the outside of speculation than inside.

Although, a djinn assist trophy? How do you think that would work? Also, I would prefer judgement, but Iris is badass too. :D

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This.

But to be completely honest with you all, talking about these two leakers lately is like chewing old gum, there's just no taste to it anymore. Not until there's an actual reveal that finally puts an end or confirms whatever claim any of them have made (or keep making).
If you've tired of talking about these leakers, feel free not to discuss them. The only reason I tagged you is due to how heavily you were talking about it earlier today. I agree there's little to really be gained by keeping discussion afloat, but if conversation were to cease when it exhausted itself, this thread, and most others, would run aground months at a time. All the topics in here are old hat, trust me. I've been here the whole time.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I still believe Isaac will make the cut, regardless of what anyone says. It's just a gut feeling, but I won't discredit LoZ yet. Although, I feel bad for him and whoever is getting caught in the drama of it. Thankfully, I would rather be on the outside of speculation than inside.

Although, a djinn assist trophy? How do you think that would work? Also, I would prefer judgement, but Iris is badass too. :D
I wouldn't be surprised to djinn in some form besides Isaac's moveset. Though I think they're likely to show up there too.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
What's interesting is we have the one account on Twitter that claims skull kid is just a boss, and we loz saying skull kid is playable and is tagging Isaac on that. Not saying his ideas aren't cool but one of these folks is wrong lol or both maybe skull kid is just an assist lol

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Well, somebody's gotta be wrong. Way I see it, let's just wait it out until there's another Direct. We all figure there's one coming soon, so let's just see how things play out then. Though all things considered, I think we'll only see one Smash related announcement: I think we'll get one new character at most...

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I wouldn't be surprised to djinn in some form besides Isaac's moveset. Though I think they're likely to show up there too.
I can see it being that way too, like a setup Djinn change system for Isaac, that would be pretty cool! Yet, so many possibilities!!

zmero_

Smash Cadet
What's interesting is we have the one account on Twitter that claims skull kid is just a boss, and we loz saying skull kid is playable and is tagging Isaac on that. Not saying his ideas aren't cool but one of these folks is wrong lol or both maybe skull kid is just an assist lol
I'd like to think at this point neither characters are assist trophies. They've already shown off a crap load of them, if any were to be shown, pretty sure the popular choices would have been taken out of the picture to prevent fans from hoping for so long for no reason.
(or they're just not in at all, worst case scenario)

edit: Shovel Knight & Waluigi are examples of this. Idk, this is just my observations, I could be wrong in the end.

Last edited:
Top Bottom