• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
What are your guys' favorite moments from Golden Sun? I'm replaying the game and at the end of Mercury Lighthouse, the group causes a waterfall to flow upwards and Mia walks on it gracefully. Isaac gets confused and takes a step but falls and the waterfall sweeps him up with his arms flailing around wildly. I love how even Garet looks embarassed for Isaac :laugh:
I LOVE sailing through Karagol sea, I figured out some months ago that if you place certain passengers in place of the wounded oarsmens. The ship can sail over to Crossbone Isle. Another one I have which is from Dark Dawn is where you're traversing through the Endless Wall. My 13 year old was blown away how awesome it was.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
About this leak, I realized something, what if it was not made by a single person but a group a people ? Like say 3 artists friends joining forces to build a fake leak for fun. That would explain the differences / inconsistencies in art style, quality and effort put into each characters.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Ugh the wait is killing me. It’s only been a couple weeks since Sakurai tweeted the Rathalos picture, but it feels like an eternity. All I have in my head is Golden Sun too with only Dark Dawn to play. Aaaaaaaagh -_-

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think with the online update already being prepped for the Nintendo Switch we'll probably be getting a direct in the next two weeks.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we got it next week. It's weird it feels like it could land any day now and the thought that it could (potentially) be Isaac is making it even harder to wait for it.

(Even if it isn't Isaac with the way things are going with Ridley and K. Rool chances are really high that another big fanbase will be getting a character they've been pushing for.....I mean unless it's Incineroar/Gen 7 rep :p)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think with the online update already being prepped for the Nintendo Switch we'll probably be getting a direct in the next two weeks.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if we got it next week. It's weird it feels like it could land any day now and the thought that it could (potentially) be Isaac is making it even harder to wait for it.

(Even if it isn't Isaac with the way things are going with Ridley and K. Rool chances are really high that another big fanbase will be getting a character they've been pushing for.....I mean unless it's Incineroar/Gen 7 rep :p)
Gen 7 rep will again be likely.

Though, Doesn't Pokémon at this point have like, 9 reps?

People blast FE for having so many characters, but...Pokemon has probably had the most out of all the franchises.

And I get why but maybe it's a bit overkill.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I could see the Pokemon rep being announced in October, as a way to sort of sandwich a "relevancy" rep in between reveals for ballot picks. (September/November)

Although on the other hand I could see Incineroar being announced at the same time as another ballot pick. Sort of like how Simon was the "iconic" pick and K. Rool was the "ballot" pick in the last direct.

Actually I think my second idea is probably more likely.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I've had my fingers crossed this whole time that pokemon doesn't get a new rep Inceneroar isn't that interesting to me and anything Gen 7 had to offer got disconfirmed imo

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Ugh the wait is killing me. It’s only been a couple weeks since Sakurai tweeted the Rathalos picture, but it feels like an eternity. All I have in my head is Golden Sun too with only Dark Dawn to play. Aaaaaaaagh -_-
I know that feel! I honestly would kill for a real leak to end this torture

I've had my fingers crossed this whole time that pokemon doesn't get a new rep Inceneroar isn't that interesting to me and anything Gen 7 had to offer got disconfirmed imo
I would love if Gardevoir became the new pokemon rep, and they left the 7 and 8 gen for DLC. She's amazing in Pokkén and one of my favorite pokémon <3

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I saw an idea for a Pokemon rep over on Reddit, Blacephalon: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9bcg60/made_a_possible_moveset_for_the_gen_7_rep/

Honestly I would be super hyped for that character. Any Ultra Beast as the Pokemon rep would be exciting to me. Which means it'll absolutely not happen because I'm not allowed to be excited about Pokemon reps. :p
I played ultra moon so I never saw this beauty of an ultra beast but I would be so down for that lmao. Or buzzswole even tbh

What about tapu koko? That would be a really cool choice imo

Also if anyone is interested, Nintendo wire recently uploaded a video discussing Isaac's chances for smash and some other things, I haven't watched it yet but I'm assuming they're just covering things that we've already discussed here. Anyways here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdn6B6dfn4&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I would love if Gardevoir became the new pokemon rep, and they left the 7 and 8 gen for DLC. She's amazing in Pokkén and one of my favorite pokémon <3
There's a part of me that wonders if Sakurai might intentionally avoid Pokemon that appeared in Pokken, out of fear that he would be influenced by another fighting game. (I get that it's pretty shaky logic with Ryu being in the game, but didn't Sakurai say in the past that he didn't like the idea of taking movesets directly from other fighting games?)

Or maybe he'll just feel like he wants to shake things up and go with a Pokemon that hasn't already appeared in a fighting game.

I know that feel! I honestly would kill for a real leak to end this torture
It's extra annoying because it feels like some kind of reveal must be close. There's the online Nintendo still has to talk about, they're already preparing the Switch to be updated for online and there aren't that many days before release. (it's less than 100 now)

It all adds up to feeling that something is going to happen soon.

The stakes feel way higher than they've ever been, because it feels like Isaac is actually in with a shot. With the tweet it feels like there's an actual chance that Isaac could be the one to appear after that Smash slash.

Last edited:

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
There's a part of me that wonders if Sakurai might intentionally avoid Pokemon that appeared in Pokken, out of fear that he would be influenced by another fighting game. (I get that it's pretty shaky logic with Ryu being in the game, but didn't Sakurai say in the past that he didn't like the idea of taking movesets directly from other fighting games?)

Or maybe he'll just feel like he wants to shake things up and go with a Pokemon that hasn't already appeared in a fighting game.

It's extra annoying because it feels like some kind of reveal must be close. There's the online Nintendo still has to talk about, they're already preparing the Switch to be updated for online and there aren't that many days before release. (it's less than 100 now)

It all adds up to feeling that something is going to happen soon.

The stakes feel way higher than they've ever been, because it feels like Isaac is actually in with a shot. With the tweet it feels like there's an actual chance that Isaac could be the one to appear after that Smash slash.
1. Oooh I didn't think about that. Decidueye was my obvious choice for a gen 7 pokémon newcomer, but everyone are talking about Incineroar. Maybe is because both Decidueye and Gardevoir are already in Pokkén. Ooh too bad, I was hoping that they add her to link both games, which are in develoment by Bandai.

2. NINTENDO NEEDS TO HAVE TO DIRECT IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. I feel the Online service are being poorly explained and promoted. Especially, with the bad feedback about the E3 presentation for being mostly focused in Smash

alguidrag

Smash Ace

People blast FE for having so many characters, but...Pokemon has probably had the most out of all the franchises.

I think that title should be Mario franchise (except if they consider Pokemon trainer as 3... if they consider Pokemon have more)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
1. Oooh I didn't think about that. Decidueye was my obvious choice for a gen 7 pokémon newcomer, but everyone are talking about Incineroar. Maybe is because both Decidueye and Gardevoir are already in Pokkén. Ooh too bad, I was hoping that they add her to link both games, which are in develoment by Bandai.

2. NINTENDO NEEDS TO HAVE TO DIRECT IN THE NEXT 2 WEEKS. I feel the Online service are being poorly explained and promoted. Especially, with the bad feedback about the E3 presentation for being mostly focused in Smash
I guarantee that the direct will be within 2 weeks. If its longer than that then I owe each of you $5 :p

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

I guess its worth mentioning but is probably obvious but I think it's given a pass because Pokemon is just too dominantly popular for even its own good. Some of the reason that SSB64 did so incredibly well is due, in part, to all of the Pokemon content in the game. At the time, there were really only a select few fighters that the average kid would even know at the time. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff and maybe Link. Also, even though it's just another Pokemon, other than Pichu it actually spans a good bit of usable Pokemon in the game. All have unique movesets and don't feel same-y.

For FE, the casual can't help but feel 'so many swordsmen'. To be fair, they really screwed up FE playable representation in Smash. Tried to turn it around with Robin, but all we're left with now is a bunch of lords that use swords even if they work differently. No spears/lances, no bow and arrow, no axes, no shuriken or pure mage. Even FE fans will be the first to agree there.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

In Fire Emblem’s defense: we have 3 other characters based on Marth currently. Pokémon has only unique characters, and well, Pichu.

But yeah, lots of RPG characters at least. I do hope on a Isaac Echo wether it be Felix or Matthew, or even both. Because that would seriously give us some good presentation of all the 3 games.

Was that Rathalos pic posted WEEKS ago tho!? Feels much shorter.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I guess its worth mentioning but is probably obvious but I think it's given a pass because Pokemon is just too dominantly popular for even its own good. Some of the reason that SSB64 did so incredibly well is due, in part, to all of the Pokemon content in the game. At the time, there were really only a select few fighters that the average kid would even know at the time. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Pikachu, Jigglypuff and maybe Link. Also, even though it's just another Pokemon, other than Pichu it actually spans a good bit of usable Pokemon in the game. All have unique movesets and don't feel same-y.

For FE, the casual can't help but feel 'so many swordsmen'. To be fair, they really screwed up FE playable representation in Smash. Tried to turn it around with Robin, but all we're left with now is a bunch of lords that use swords even if they work differently. No spears/lances, no bow and arrow, no axes, no shuriken or pure mage. Even FE fans will be the first to agree there.
To add to this, especially the Pokémon popularity part (my new phone even auto corrects the term Pokémon with the proper e, go figure!!).. Smash 64’s release was even pushed back in Europe, my region because Pokémon wasn’t released here yet! And they wanted us to get with the hype first.

I blame France and Germany for wanting EVERY MEDIA EVER translated to their own languages :rolleyes:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I won't deny that all the fighters do feel unique...

But c'mon. Pokemon having about 10 pokemon in a game that is about Nintendo's catalog of fighters, and is probably about 10% of the percent of the final roster.

I know Pokemon is popular, but i don't see Mario having THIS much. :p

In Fire Emblem’s defense: we have 3 other characters based on Marth currently. Pokémon has only unique characters, and well, Pichu.

But yeah, lots of RPG characters at least. I do hope on a Isaac Echo wether it be Felix or Matthew, or even both. Because that would seriously give us some good presentation of all the 3 games.

Was that Rathalos pic posted WEEKS ago tho!? Feels much shorter.
Jigglypuff is kinda a clone of Kirby if i'm being fair.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I won't deny that all the fighters do feel unique...

But c'mon. Pokemon having about 10 pokemon in a game that is about Nintendo's catalog of fighters, and is probably about 10% of the percent of the final roster.

I know Pokemon is popular, but i don't see Mario having THIS much. :p
Pokémon has more than 800 battle ready characters tho with distinct abilities.

Mario realistically only has (Captain) Toad, Paper Mario and Geno left... :laugh:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Mario realistically only has (Captain) Toad, Paper Mario and Geno left... :laugh:
Yeah. Magikarp is totally ready for battle.

He uses splash for most of his attack.

Also, this is called "Super Smash Bros" not "Super Pokemon Bros".

?!?!?!

Smash Ace

That's a good point tbh. Yeah pokemon has a lot of reps but at the same time they have wayyyyy more to work with in terms of fighter variety, and I honestly don't mind it too much. I will only have an issue with it if other important Nintendo franchises are forgotten/not considered because of the fact that pokemon gets so much attention

If magikarp was in smash I would petition to rename the game to super splash bros

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Magikarp honestly could work.

Neutral B: Tackle. A ramming attack that does low damage but okay knockback.
Up B: Bounce. Magikarp leaps up high to come crashing down for minor damage and recover to the stage
Side B: Splash. Splashes. Then splashes some more.
Down B: Flail. Insane damage if Magikarp has high damage. Above 100% or so, no chance of surviving the attack.

Final Smash: Gyrados Hyper Beam Rampage. Evolves or evolves and Mega Evolves into Gyrados or Mega Gyrados and Hyper Beams everything that lives until it’s dead and destroyed with terrible rage.

Everything else is Splash :D

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I saw an idea for a Pokemon rep over on Reddit, Blacephalon: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9bcg60/made_a_possible_moveset_for_the_gen_7_rep/

Honestly I would be super hyped for that character. Any Ultra Beast as the Pokemon rep would be exciting to me. Which means it'll absolutely not happen because I'm not allowed to be excited about Pokemon reps. :p
honestly never thought of Blacephalon being playable, but i think this is perfect for a Clown quota for a fighting game!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Magikarp honestly could work.

Neutral B: Tackle. A ramming attack that does low damage but okay knockback.
Up B: Bounce. Magikarp leaps up high to come crashing down for minor damage and recover to the stage
Side B: Splash. Splashes. Then splashes some more.
Down B: Flail. Insane damage if Magikarp has high damage. Above 100% or so, no chance of surviving the attack.

Final Smash: Gyrados Hyper Beam Rampage. Evolves or evolves and Mega Evolves into Gyrados or Mega Gyrados and Hyper Beams everything that lives until it’s dead and destroyed with terrible rage.

Everything else is Splash :D

....But it devolves?

Also, i doubt that kind of moveset would work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
....But it devolves?

Also, i doubt that kind of moveset would work.
Sure it would work. As a joke character. Avoid everything with Splash and counter whenever you got 100% and higher with Flail. It’s a unique play style that no character else could emulate. 10/10.

Also no it wouldn’t devolve. After the Final Smash Magikarps body is so corrupted that it unfortunately dies and thus loses a stock. So it starts next stock as Magikarp yet again!

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

Golden Sun even has more character-wise than Mario does which is the main reason it needs to take the first step and have at least one person playable. (Arggggh! Sakurai!!!! :lick:). The 4 from GS1, Alex, Saturos, Menardi, the 4 more from GS2, Agatio, Karst. So without even dipping into DD, that's 13 fantastic options over the course of two games. Mario hasn't worked up that total in it's 1300 games (or however many there are).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sure it would work. As a joke character. Avoid everything with Splash and counter whenever you got 100% and higher with Flail. It’s a unique play style that no character else could emulate. 10/10.

Also no it wouldn’t devolve. After the Final Smash Magikarps body is so corrupted that it unfortunately dies and thus loses a stock. So it starts next stock as Magikarp yet again!
That is a legit bottom tier character on a whole 'nother level.

Pichu would blush at how embarrassing that would be.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
There is a part of me feeling like all this wait for a September direct and the one reveal might end up a Gen 7 rep. Which I don't particularly care whether Pokemon gets another rep or not, I just don't want it to be the next reveal, I want to see another ballot pick lol.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
There is a part of me feeling like all this wait for a September direct and the one reveal might end up a Gen 7 rep. Which I don't particularly care whether Pokemon gets another rep or not, I just don't want it to be the next reveal, I want to see another ballot pick lol.
same.-

edit: I feel like i need to know what Isaac's and Ray's fate is.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That is a legit bottom tier character on a whole 'nother level.

Pichu would blush at how embarrassing that would be.
Pichu would obliterate Magikarp in a few seconds bro. It’s electric vs water. No contest there.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the next reveal will pretty much have to be some character from an RPG (Geno, Pokemon, Isaac, ect.). None of the newcomers that have been announced so far are from an RPG.

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Sure are a lot of people viewing this thread.... hmmmm..........................

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With the huge popular requests as Ridley and King K.Rool already announced, there’s indeed not much left that could potentially shock people. Isaac would be a great way to still bring some shock value me add a highly requested ballot newcomer. Plus the Rathalos pic gives me the vibes that it’s either next time, or no Isaac at all.

Top Bottom