• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So... last day of August, September and is the month of Golden Sun!
Now adding some extra to this.. September is mostly the month of Virgo, which is a astrological EARTH sign.

We also could be lucky around December, when it’s “Capricorn season” (Capricorn and Taurus being the other Earth signs) if this logic of mine is somewhat reliable, but that would mean Isaac is the last reveal.

Also don’t count this out yet because Golden Sun is all about the elements, and has straight up astrological references in Dark Dawn.

For instance, Chrom was revealed in the August Direct, when the Sun was in Leo, a FIRE sign. And Chrom is from FIRE Emblem. Even better; he’s a Echo of Roy, the Young LION!

This is likely nothing but am having fun with it. Also, astrology SHOULD be a common topic in a Golden Sun related thread anyway.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
The next Direct is what will decide our standings (assuming they talk about Smash at all) and whether chances went up, became zero, or he was flat out confirmed at that point. I think Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac would be the best reveal thematically. Stars, Moon, and Sun. If I was Nintendo I wouldn't pass up on that theme for a reveal.
Edit: Also why don't some of you guests hop on in? :3 Just saying.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
With the huge popular requests as Ridley and King K.Rool already announced, there’s indeed not much left that could potentially shock people. Isaac would be a great way to still bring some shock value me add a highly requested ballot newcomer. Plus the Rathalos pic gives me the vibes that it’s either next time, or no Isaac at all.
I think the less likely characters getting picked would make for a nice form of shock value.

Okay, probably not gonna happen, but i would like it too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The next Direct is what will decide our standings (assuming they talk about Smash at all) and whether chances went up, became zero, or he was flat out confirmed at that point. I think Geno, Skull Kid, and Isaac would be the best reveal thematically. Stars, Moon, and Sun. If I was Nintendo I wouldn't pass up on that theme for a reveal.
Edit: Also why don't some of you guests hop on in? :3 Just saying.
The order is often referenced as Sun, Moon and Stars. So if we take that order, Isaac is still first ;)

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
If there is going to be a new Pokemon rep I have a feeling they will be revealed before November. I can't see them being revealed so close to the release of Pokemon Let's Go. It would be a way to drum up excitement for the games much like Ridley (and Dark Samus) did for Metroid Prime 4. I could see a Pokemon reveal in September and another RPG character in a October/November Smash direct. Or Masahiro Sakurai will do something completely unexpected as usual.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Verg spoke today and said
Isabelle (Echo Fighter of Villager)
A Gen 7 Pokémon that isn't Decidueye or Lycanroc
Ken
A Square Enix owned character

Is all he knows about, which would be 2 newcommers and 2 echoes.

I am surprise no one knows the final roaster

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Ken

Crap. I'm getting a bit worried.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
So... last day of August, September and is the month of Golden Sun!
I thought August was the GS month? I remember this because my birthday is August 2, and GS was released in the first hahaha

Last edited:

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Ken

Today? I thought he'd said that before?

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Me too, I'm mostly hoping for Geno but you can bet Isaac is a close(ish) second! I've wanted both of them since Brawl, and well if "Everyone is Here!" then I can only hope that means Isaac is coming back too.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
View attachment 161026

Man I forgot how many newcommers were in Smash 4
Oh man...So close to missing the mark, isaac is...

Me too, I'm mostly hoping for Geno but you can bet Isaac is a close(ish) second! I've wanted both of them since Brawl, and well if "Everyone is Here!" then I can only hope that means Isaac is coming back too.
That "Square Enix" rep sounds like it could be Geno.-

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Same here dude, except I want Isaac a bit more than Geno :p but here's hoping that we'll get both!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Ooooh but I think he/she's just re-confirming what he/she said before. I really hope we get Isaac this time, It feels now or never :(
Yup. Verg was just confirming what he has stated before. According to him, however, he has heard from other sources of other characters besides the 4 he's listed, but doesn't trust them enough to confirm yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ken

Know why?

Cause all of them are full of ****.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Usually I'm the one to be pessimistic here, but I don't see how Verge reaffirming his original suspicions is bad for us. Two echoes, a character which is probably Geno, and a Pokemon are things almost everyone expected. Also, this is assuming that all of Verge's info is correct. Leakers with good track records have said wrong stuff before, like whoever mentioned that there would be no DK reps. No one leaked K. Rool or Richter.

I still don't really think Isaac is gonna be in, but this definitely does not disconfirm him.

Edit: there's also the possibility that he's getting false flagged. While I think all of those characters are likely, he might have been fed wrong information, like the DK thing earlier was wrong info that some leakers got.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I heard from my sources that 50 Cent is really Snakes Echo.

The codac for 50 is a diss track for each character. Except Corrin because 50 Cent didn't want to waste his time on a terrible character

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Yup. Verg was just confirming what he has stated before. According to him, however, he has heard from other sources of other characters besides the 4 he's listed, but doesn't trust them enough to confirm yet.
He said previously there would be at least half a dozen unique newcomers after Ridley, so since we got two more newcomers with Simon and King K.Rool and if Verge is right and we get a Gen 7 Pokemon or a Square Enix rep is coming that would mean two or more newcomers left,. So if Verge is right that could likely mean around TWO extra characters yet to be known about. But he said 'AT LEAST half a dozen' so there could a few more than that. If Isaac isn't in base game we still keep pushing for DLC, no biggie, we would likely have alot of popular competition out of the way anyway

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He said previously there would be six more unique newcomers after Ridley, so if a Gen 7 Pokemon or a Square Enix rep is coming that would be four more newcomers left, if Isabelle is unique fighter which I doubt that would be 3 newcomers. So if Verge is right that could likely mean FOUR extra characters yet to be known about. If Isaac isn't in base game we still keep pushing for DLC, no biggie, we would likely have alot of popular competition out of the way anyway
I think you're forgetting Simon and King K Rool.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
He said previously there would be six more unique newcomers after Ridley, so if a Gen 7 Pokemon or a Square Enix rep is coming that would be four more newcomers left, if Isabelle is unique fighter which I doubt that would be 3 newcomers. So if Verge is right that could likely mean FOUR extra characters yet to be known about. If Isaac isn't in base game we still keep pushing for DLC, no biggie, we would likely have alot of popular competition out of the way anyway
Well he said AT LEAST.

It’s very possible that we may get more than 6. Currently it’s:

1. Simon
2. King K. Rool
3. 2nd Square Character
4. Gen 7 Pokemon
5. ?????
6. ?????

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It's funny when people forget that, although he's the most credible leaker out there, Vergeben has only leaked a few characters which have been confirmed (not counting the 4 he's stated so far), but never leaked K. Rool, Richter, and I believe Chrom and Dark Samus too.

If you all are worried about the 4 he's stated so far, don't be. This just tells me that that's all he knows at the moment and trusts that his sources say these 4 are in. Isaac and others could be coming too, just Verg has no trustworthy source on any other characters at the moment.

Regardless, until we see the next Direct with Smash news, all of what Vergeben says should always be taken with a grain of salt. Don't lose hope my fellow adepts! Keep rooting for Isaac!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

The codac for 50 is a diss track for each character. Except Corrin because 50 Cent didn't want to waste his time on a terrible character
Noooooo! Why would they make 50 Cent an Echo?! He has so much to go off on his own, it's a wasted opportunity. I guarantee Sakurai would pick up on the deep lore that is his own 50 cent branded platinum from investing South African mining. He could even use his mad chainz to blind opponents with a down+b. Figures.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Noooooo! Why would they make 50 Cent an Echo?! He has so much to go off on his own, it's a wasted opportunity. I guarantee Sakurai would pick up on the deep lore that is his own 50 cent branded platinum from investing South African mining. He could even use his mad chainz to blind opponents with a down+b. Figures.
I know! I am super pissed! I will keep digging thought! I heard 50 Cent is getting a stage though! From Blood on the Sand! Crazy to think we would have another Sony Character in Smash

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411

Keep that up and I am sure someone out there will make a mod for Snake as an Echo xD

Edit: This makes me wonder why Vergeben was making a statement about how Golden Sun is very important to Nintendo's history and than links Casp's Review on Golden Sun. Do you think he is just hinting that Isaac is possible, or is it something else?

Last edited:

Sordim522

Smash Cadet
I believe Verg also posted something along the lines of it being “coincidental” about an video on Golden Sun being posted. Could mean absolutely nothing but who knows.

Edit: what the guy before me said is what I was referring to.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I believe Verg also posted something along the lines of it being “coincidental” about an video on Golden Sun being posted. Could mean absolutely nothing but who knows.

Edit: what the guy before me said is what I was referring to.
That's what I mean, but since he is on Gamefaqs he may be just being silent about it so haters don't attack him.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Now adding some extra to this.. September is mostly the month of Virgo, which is a astrological EARTH sign.

We also could be lucky around December, when it’s “Capricorn season” (Capricorn and Taurus being the other Earth signs) if this logic of mine is somewhat reliable, but that would mean Isaac is the last reveal.

Also don’t count this out yet because Golden Sun is all about the elements, and has straight up astrological references in Dark Dawn.

For instance, Chrom was revealed in the August Direct, when the Sun was in Leo, a FIRE sign. And Chrom is from FIRE Emblem. Even better; he’s a Echo of Roy, the Young LION!

This is likely nothing but am having fun with it. Also, astrology SHOULD be a common topic in a Golden Sun related thread anyway.
Seems to be a bit of a stretch to me

Top Bottom