• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
3 months left guys… 3 months to announce whatever is left… will they do it in multiple separate trailers, or 1-2 big directs only?… who knows...I would like them to spread the newcomer reveals separatedly so the wait could be easier to handle lol
Maybe just announce the rest of the cast next month?

I know I know...unreasonable.

But GDI I just want to know the answers.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Maybe just announce the rest of the cast next month?

I know I know...unreasonable.

But GDI I just want to know the answers.
If it's any consolation, we won't have to wait until after the game is out to know if he is playable. We're at least getting the whole cast revealed before the game comes out this time.

Also, I'm not sure how on topic this is, but for months this song has been reminding me of the Golden Sun soundtrack. The instrumental break in the middle with the pan flutes gave me GS vibes when I first heard it.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Optimistically you can say that; however, we must remember what Sakurai told us in the E3 Direct, and that is "Don't expect as many newcomers this time". I would say that, at the very least, he is saying don't expect as many as SSB4. And we really don't know exactly how many less than SSB4 it will be. Only time will tell. Revealing two original moveset newcomers in the Smash Direct earlier this month could point toward more rather than less, but we could also go a long amount of time here with no news.

The fact that we have leakers with credibility that still aren't saying Isaac at this point, but have a list of other characters is extremely concerning, I'm not going to lie. Sure there could be characters they don't know about... BUT there are only so many left.
I understand that. Those are two characters I personally believe are the most likely at this point. Dixie and Issac are two of the most iconic characters left to be added to the roster.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
3 months left guys… 3 months to announce whatever is left… will they do it in multiple separate trailers, or 1-2 big directs only?… who knows...I would like them to spread the newcomer reveals separatedly so the wait could be easier to handle lol
wait... 3 Months? but... Golden Sun have 3 games... and 3 its the number of party members when you fight Tret... and THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN RATHALOS PIC! WAIT 3? HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED WITH ISAAC AS DLC

D

Deleted member

ALso crash was in there.

Yeah. I seriously doubt that Crash was one of the characters thought of when typing characters on the ballot.
Honestly, if it wasn't for the N. Sane Trilogy, Crash would not even be close to considered. I mentioned a few weeks ago in another thread about how close to irrelevancy some third party characters have been in the past, and Crash was pretty much a relic, and then when nostalgia was brought back, Crash is back to being in vogue.

Bear in mind N. Sane Trilogy was released in 2017.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
He's a fan fav Sak. even though we may be small, people wanted him since brawl. pwease? ;_;

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
In response to the whole Camelot not being represented like the other companies.

May I remind you all that Monolith Soft weren't represented until AFTER Shulk was revealed. The same could apply to Isaac.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
In response to the whole Camelot not being represented like the other companies.

May I remind you all that Monolith Soft weren't represented until AFTER Shulk was revealed. The same could apply to Isaac.
And well... Waluigi is a AT, and he is Camelot

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The only thing I keep coming back to is that ballot. All of the leaking aside, it's really Isaac's one strength when it comes to playable character possibility. I know many of us here will refuse to even believe that because we're Isaac pessimists, but you can't deny straight facts. He does consistently well in polling. Surprisingly well. So much so, that every youtuber I watch that analyzes a slew of characters and mentions the ballot, yet refuses to acknowledge Isaac in it makes them look as if they have a giant hole in their head.

I know we want to seriously doubt it and scrutinize it and disbelieve it because that's the general trend of our fanbase. Basically don't believe it until a direct tells us. And in the case of some of us, don't believe it until we buy a copy of the game ourselves, go to the CSS, select Isaac and actually play as him. The ballot is the only shining beacon that splits all of this for me. Even though we're quiet, we do support when push comes to shove... quietly.

I have no doubts that he's up there. He's right behind K. Rool's butt and scores often above Banjo, Geno and BWD. When he's right there nestled in what I can guarantee a top ten (and what I personally think is a top five) what reason would Sakurai have for passing over him? It better be a good one. I think even the most pessimistic of you will agree he doesn't slip out of a top fifteen. That being the case, he would have certainly been an AT. Why delay showing his AT this much?

I don't know guys, I'll quietly but optimistically wait for the good news this time.
Oh I’m more than optimistic. With everything we’ve seen up until now it’s honestly hard to believe that he won’t make it. Back in Sm4sh, we weren’t very loud. It wasn’t until we realized his AT got cut that we started to speak up.

And then the ballot happened. Granted we still don’t know the true results, just approximations, but some data is better than no data. And it shows. Isaac is popular. Maybe not as popular as a certain purple dragon monster or a fat green crocodile, but about as popular as a certain Pinocchio wannabe.

Around the time the Ballot came was announced everyone and their grandmother made a top 10 most likely list. It was scary how consistent Isaac was, even amongst those that never really played the game.

And then we come to now. And I’m sure he’ll make it. Between the fan outcry during Sm4sh and fan reaction to the Rathalos picture, it’s great, the tweet is in Japanese, but even Japanese people have tweeted back making the connection so he’s obviously aware of the fandom, regardless of whether or not the orginal intent of the picture was a Golden Sun reference.

If Isaac doesn’t make it in the base roster he’ll most certainly make it as DLC, and if not that, then I’ll be genuinely perplexed. Everything up until now has pointed to Isaac finally making it. While I don’t believe the recent “leak”, I don’t need that leak to tell me whether or not Isaac is in the game. Yes it would be nice to have solid confirmation, but I’m extremely optimistic about this one.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I guess the trademarks only apply to game companies who SOLELY own the rights of the character. 3rd Party characters to be exact.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well... when the next direct happens... anyone give a shout for me, I will do the 9 year lenght password from GS to GS TLA

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I guess the trademarks only apply to game companies who SOLELY own the rights of the character. 3rd Party characters to be exact.
That is a possibility too.

And well... Waluigi is a AT, and he is Camelot
Shovel Knight is also an AT, but I don't see Yacht Club Games as a representative. (I could be wrong on that though)

Also, this guy on r/smashbros has put together a list of most likely characters and why from the evidences we've gathered so far.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9bxu0o/ive_compiled_a_list_of_proof_and_evidence_for/

There are still people that think the Rathalos tweet is still a heavy reference to the Monster Hunter cover. Oh well.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that Isaac as to be annouce in the begining of a direct just like Simon dince he has a stage.

Skull Kid will be revealed at the end since he doesn't need a stage, mark my word.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be okay for Isaac to have non Venus psynergy moves. After all Robin can't use nosferatu in Fire Emblem. Ness cannot use PK Starstorm, PK Fire, or PK Thunder in Earthbound. (Lucas is a similar case.) By borrowing moves from his companions, Isaac can have a moveset that is more unique than if they kept it limited to what he can learn in his game. Just saying.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Personally I don’t understand why everyone treats Vergeben’s words as gospel for Ultimate. Correct me if I’m wrong but his/her original leak said Ridley, Ice Climbers and Snake...three characters who just so happened to always be in the demo build. I’ve always felt that Vergeben simply got insider info on the demo. Aside from that his “leaks” have been incredibly safe!

Simon Belmont isn’t a crazy out of the box prediction, and to my knowledge Vergeben never mentioned Richter once. Not sure how you can know about one and not the other. Isabelle and Ken are also two very safe pics as everyone in the community has pretty much agreed they’re in. Also...”Gen 7 Pokemon” and “Square Enix rep” are about as safe as it can possibly get!

Let’s not forget Vergeben never said anything about King K Rool, Dark Samus and Chrom.

Honestly I think Nintendo quickly identified the top leakers after e3 and created “sources” themselves to feed them false information!

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hey Isaac supporters. Today in the RTC thread, we will be rating and analyzing Isaac for a third time, as well as rating and analyzing Felix as well. I would love you all to come by and show your support.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
That is a possibility too.

Shovel Knight is also an AT, but I don't see Yacht Club Games as a representative. (I could be wrong on that though)

Also, this guy on r/smashbros has put together a list of most likely characters and why from the evidences we've gathered so far.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9bxu0o/ive_compiled_a_list_of_proof_and_evidence_for/

There are still people that think the Rathalos tweet is still a heavy reference to the Monster Hunter cover. Oh well.
I took the liberty of looking at a lot of Monster Hunter box art and there is one thing I noticed out of all of the ones I found, none of them featured that angle or set up.
1. There is no box art that features only 3 hunters.
2. Non of the art featured the hunters on the right side and the monster on the left.
It is possible I may not have seen every cover, so correct me if I am wrong.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I took the liberty of looking at a lot of Monster Hunter box art and there is one thing I noticed out of all of the ones I found, none of them featured that angle or set up.
2. Non of the art featured the hunters on the right side and the monster on the left.
Monster hunter World does, but why Nintendo would promote one of the most recent MH game that got released on all plateform but a Nintendo one ?
MH World boxart

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Oh! Nice! I'll drop by later!

Monster hunter World does, but why Nintendo would promote one of the most recent MH game that got released on all plateform but a Nintendo one ?
MH World boxart
Also, Big sword. Archer. And that other person. I'm not sure, but i can call that MORE of a stretch than our dumb theory.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
MH World boxart
It has three hunters but its not the right angle.

so... Vergeben alredy said "No" for the imagem leak... but that was a cool leak, many time was wasted making that and just to show us some loved characters
I don't need Vergeben to tell me that an obviously fake leak is fake.

The same would apply to Isaac. Those things only get added as characters get confirmed. When the website first opened (when there wasn't anything but the Inkling teaser) it didn't even mention Bandai Namco, the developers of the game (because they hadn't confirmed Namco was back yet).

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Just as a reminder to all those who post in the RTC, to encourage discussion, there is a rule that your post must have at least two sentences in both chance and want each for each character to encourage discussion. I hate to not count scores and noms, but it does legitimately help make discussion better a bit. Last time Isaac, while one of our more wanted characters, hovered around a 20% chance when we rerated him post E3.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I've made my case clear.

My job here is done, as always I've posted why this is not a MH ref, it must be like the 10th time...

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Just as a reminder to all those who post in the RTC, to encourage discussion, there is a rule that your post must have at least two sentences in both chance and want each for each character to encourage discussion. I hate to not count scores and noms, but it does legitimately help make discussion better a bit. Last time Isaac, while one of our more wanted characters, hovered around a 20% chance when we rerated him post E3.
O O f.

Is that bad? I feel like that's bad.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
My guess is that Isaac as to be annouce in the begining of a direct just like Simon dince he has a stage.

Skull Kid will be revealed at the end since he doesn't need a stage, mark my word.
I think he will appear in a AT feast where he will protect Waluigi and when people start looking as he is going to disapear he just pick the Smash ball and Odyssey Bowser

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
MH World boxart
If they were really trying to recreate that box art I'm sure they could have picked a better stage and camera angle tbh, like literally having the camera behind link/marth/shulk

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
O O f.

Is that bad? I feel like that's bad.
It is not great, but honestly in terms of post E3 ratings its pretty good. People have gotten much more conservative with their scores as of late. Granted, K Rool and Simon were seen as two of the most likely newcomers, and Chrom and Dark Samus each had strong scores in their rerates, but even then Dark Samus was around a 40%. Scores are average means of all scores. I gave Dark Samus a 90% on her rerate for instance.

So while it probably is a bit low, it is not super bad. We gave Black Shadow a ~3% chance and I expect it to be around 30% when he is rerated.

For want he did very well. Keep in mind people in RTC can be... blunt with their wants. A character getting above a 45% in want imo is a decent sign. I still can not believe how hostile some days are in the RTC on want. Some characters, like Geno, Rex and Pyra, any time we do a pokemon, Steve, they all can get pretty nasty. Last time we rerated Geno was particularly rough.

Thankfully for you guys this is not Gamefaqs, so I doubt people will be too up in arms about Isaac. He had a strong performance in want, high turnout helps for that.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Given that the GameFaqa people have a tendency on hating Iassac
It is not great, but honestly in terms of post E3 ratings its pretty good. People have gotten much more conservative with their scores as of late. Granted, K Rool and Simon were seen as two of the most likely newcomers, and Chrom and Dark Samus each had strong scores in their rerates, but even then Dark Samus was around a 40%. Scores are average means of all scores. I gave Dark Samus a 90% on her rerate for instance.

So while it probably is a bit low, it is not super bad. We gave Black Shadow a ~3% chance and I expect it to be around 30% when he is rerated.

For want he did very well. Keep in mind people in RTC can be... blunt with their wants. A character getting above a 45% in want imo is a decent sign. I still can not believe how hostile some days are in the RTC on want. Some characters, like Geno, Rex and Pyra, any time we do a pokemon, Steve, they all can get pretty nasty. Last time we rerated Geno was particularly rough.

Thankfully for you guys this is not Gamefaqs, so I doubt people will be too up in arms about Isaac. He had a strong performance in want, high turnout helps for that.
What were the previous results for isaac anyway?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Isaac
20.44% Chance (Previously 17.73%)
59.77% Want (Previously 58.60%)

here were isaacs previous two results.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

Well, that's all I can ask for. Isaac seems like one of those characters that people are not confident about.

Also, I cannot find the post that says the outline I should be following.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If they were really trying to recreate that box art I'm sure they could have picked a better stage and camera angle tbh, like literally having the camera behind link/marth/shulk
Not to mention that they're in a coliseum very similar to Golden Sun's Link Battle Coliseum Stage.

From all the artwork/covers of MH I've seen, they're usually outside.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If you need an outline, follow this. XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX

Big Smoke (GTA San Andreas)

0.001% Chance

His order may be a meme, but there are better GTA reps. The last big GTA game on a Nintendo system was Chinatown Wars for the DS. Maybe when we inevitably get a GTA5 port to the switch in a few years, maybe he might have a slim chance. Far slimmer than he would be.

100% Want

Ill have :ultluigi::ultluigi:, a :ultluigi: large, a :ultkirby: with extra dip, a :ultfox:, :ultvillager::ultvillager:, one with cheese, and a large soda.

But for real GTA San Andreas was a game with fun characters and a good story. Big Smoke was a part of that, and I would love his useless self in smash.

Something like this, minus the fact that Big Smoke is a joke. Just make sure scores are visible and decent elaboration.

THE TemporaryFool THE TemporaryFool if this was gamefaqs Isaac would not be so wanted, he almost hit 60 which is super rare.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
wait... 3 Months? but... Golden Sun have 3 games... and 3 its the number of party members when you fight Tret... and THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN RATHALOS PIC! WAIT 3? HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED WITH ISAAC AS DLC
We laugh now but we should accept it's possible since we got Noctis wearing Half life suit in this timeline… lmao

Top Bottom