• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
KMDP KMDP had a poll where Isaac placed very highly. A poll on /v/ tonight had Isaac as second to Banjo.
Isaac's flying high.

Which is very strange because he's a Venus Adept.

I have a feeling that, if Isaac doesn't get into Smash Ultimate, and there's another Ballot; well... let's just say he'll be in the next Smash instead.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread turned pessimistic really fast. It’s interesting how this thread shifts it’s view really quickly, to the point I wonder if I’m still in the support thread. Right now I’m seeing a lot of people here letting their view of Isaac’s chances drop because nothing is definitive. You know what else isn’t definitive? Literally everything we haven’t been told about the game. All we can do, as fans, is hope we’ve done enough. Getting yourself down because he could’ve placed lower than expected is just silly. I’m not saying you can’t be pessimistic about his chances, but you shouldn’t be convincing yourself he isn’t in just because of something we don’t even know.
Been waiting for Isaac since brawl, I had always dreamed of him getting since melee and as an assist trophy it was almost as good. I still remember the Splash text for it and being in a state of disbelief wondering if it was some other Isaac or not. To get nothing in smash 4 was devastating so much so that I belive the community went to the polls for him. I didn't really see any chances for him to get in joking with my friends that if K. rool got in Isaac was next. Lo and behold K. Rool got in which makes me think Isaac isn;t far behind. This next reveal will give us enough info to tell if K. Rool is just a one off thing to be honest I see Bandana Dee being the next reveal if the ballot still holds true which is still Great news for Isaac, He has as much Popularity as bandana dee has in japan outside of japan! just keep hoping and don't throw in the towl till we see an assist trophy

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Wow, this thread turned pessimistic really fast. It’s interesting how this thread shifts it’s view really quickly, to the point I wonder if I’m still in the support thread. Right now I’m seeing a lot of people here letting their view of Isaac’s chances drop because nothing is definitive. You know what else isn’t definitive? Literally everything we haven’t been told about the game. All we can do, as fans, is hope we’ve done enough. Getting yourself down because he could’ve placed lower than expected is just silly. I’m not saying you can’t be pessimistic about his chances, but you shouldn’t be convincing yourself he isn’t in just because of something we don’t even know.
I still hope, I'm still the same happy child that likes to hope and see fake leaks and be happy with the participation of charaters in thoses leaks, but in chance score I'm reaaally evil... like even for confirmed characters I rarely give 100% chance XD

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun PPO Log:
Level 33
My rations are beginning to run low. I worry I won't make it much farther in this barren wasteland of a room that contains a psynergy stone if you simply leave it. The road is harsh, and continues to get harsher. I am pondering a vacation to a sandy location.

In other words... I am already tired of grinding. :p

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Was /v/ always polluted by /pol/? Am I just misremembering? Man I'm happy I'm using /v/ less. It's great for memes, news, and recommendations but man does it just feel.. Dead in a way

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Was /v/ always polluted by /pol/? Am I just misremembering? Man I'm happy I'm using /v/ less. It's great for memes, news, and recommendations but man does it just feel.. Dead in a way
Everything is polluted by /pol/. I was a /mu/ lurker for about two years, I noticed a definite increase in /pol/ posters over that time.

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Everything is polluted by /pol/. I was a /mu/ lurker for about two years, I noticed a definite increase in /pol/ posters over that time.
Feelsbadman.jpg
I don't even hate /pol/, I just wish it didn't leak into every other board. It homogenizes the culture of 4chan and I don't like that. When I was a kid /v/ felt like an afterschool place for people to just chill and chat about games. I'm not even 20 yet and it's changed so much. Smashboards definitely still gives me the "after school chill" vibe, which is why i finally made an account t after lurking for years lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
My theory? I think the reason why /pol/ is infesting the rest of 4chan is that all the people who used to frequent the site are now at the age where they're beginning to become interested in politics.

Also the general fact that college age students have political stuff shoved down their throat anyway.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... bad timing because I went to a local and got bodied in loser's finals.

By a d*****d Charizard. After taking 2 games from his Ryu he won three straight times..
It feels humiliating. :ohwell:
But I'm not here to change the topic or anything.
Oh. More people are viewing again. Sorry about the thread going into warp speed with nearly 250 pages now. :crazy:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
My theory? I think the reason why /pol/ is infesting the rest of 4chan is that all the people who used to frequent the site are now at the age where they're beginning to become interested in politics.

Also the general fact that college age students have political stuff shoved down their throat anyway.
Hard agree. I'm not apolitical by any means but my lord when I need to unplug from it I really need to unplug. I guess that's why it annoys me; politics just seeps into all parts of my life. Nintendo avoids politics like I avoid the Ashley thread. I mostly play Nintendo and japanese games at this point for that reason.

Yeah... bad timing because I went to a local and got bodied in loser's finals.

By a d*****d Charizard. After taking 2 games from his Ryu he won three straight times..
It feels humiliating. :ohwell:
But I'm not here to change the topic or anything.
Oh. More people are viewing again. Sorry about the thread going into warp speed with nearly 250 pages now. :crazy:
Charizard can do some dumb **** with Rage. I would know since I secondaried him in smash 4 lol

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Charizard can do some dumb **** with Rage. I would know since I secondaried him in smash 4 lol
I think a lot of it is inexperience. I don't deal with Charizard much but yeah. There's also this Falcon main who I can't do crap against either. Other than that everyone else there I can beat (which I did because loser's bracket early). And some of them had gotten better since I'd been there, which I like to see.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
You guys are not pessimistic, just growing tired because the wait is long and exhausting.

We'll soon reach a month since the last direct.

ferioku

Smash Ace
You guys are not pessimistic, just growing tired because the wait is long and exhausting.

We'll soon reach a month since the last direct.
I've actually grown to be more optimistic, and something is telling me that Sakurai feels bad for not having any GS representation in Smash 4. It is too much of a known franchise to pass up!

KMDP

Smash Legend
Not only that, we have more than twice as much as any other thread put together apart from Ashley! =O
With the two big cheeses gone, Isaac is finally able to see the sun.
I've actually grown to be more optimistic, and something is telling me that Sakurai feels bad for not having any GS representation in Smash 4. It is too much of a known franchise to pass up!
Me? I'm just a generally optimistic guy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

4chan has always been a outlet for undercover racists. /pol/ proofs that, and they’re feeling confident as of late. It’s quite worrisome to me honestly.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
So who here mains characters from series they don't play? I've been a Roy main since Melee and I've only ever exposed myself to Fire Emblem twice. Shadow Dragon and Heroes. Probably the two worst ways to experience an acclaimed series like this. lmfao.

That aside, I hope that Isaac has the same effect on me Roy did. I've only ever played a little bit of Golden Sun, but I know enough about him to know he sounds incredibly interesting on paper. It would be great to see how Sakurai translates that into a playable character in Smash. If anything, Isaac being this late to the party means Sakurai has had the time to be more elaborate with how he creates characters.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So who here mains characters from series they don't play? I've been a Roy main since Melee and I've only ever exposed myself to Fire Emblem twice. Shadow Dragon and Heroes. Probably the two worst ways to experience an acclaimed series like this. lmfao.

That aside, I hope that Isaac has the same effect on me Roy did. I've only ever played a little bit of Golden Sun, but I know enough about him to know he sounds incredibly interesting on paper. It would be great to see how Sakurai translates that into a playable character in Smash. If anything, Isaac being this late to the party means Sakurai has had the time to be more elaborate with how he creates characters.
Well, let's see...

:ultzss: and :ultdoc:.

Out of a possible: :ultcloud::ultdoc::ultike::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpeach:(:ultdaisy:):ultpikachu::ultroy:(:ultchrom:):ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultzss:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Absolutely not. I strictly play characters I have a sort of emotional connection with. And ever since Smash 64, I've been interessted in playing all the franchises of the characters I found most appealing.

Smash 64 directly got me interessted in Zelda for example. I got Link's Awakening first, and shortly after Ocarina of Time. Was a fan ever since! And since Melee, I also wanted to play Metroid and Kirby, both through the GBA games; Return to Dreamland and Metroid Fusion. Shortly after, I wanted to play Earth Bound, Star Fox Adventures was also my first Star Fox game and it had special interesst cause it was the last Rare-Nintendo console game </3 .. Then also Fire Emblem got my interesst before Brawl came out with FE7, then Sacred Stones, then Path of Radiance and FE6 (emulated).

Could go on, but Smash had expanded my Nintendo game knowledge and experience fastly. Right now, am even interessted in games I thought I would never play. For example Mega Man and Bayonetta, even though I disliked the characters first. Even the Final Fantasy 7 remake is looking interessting to me at this point, hopefully it comes to Switch. There's only a few franchises I didn't play because of Smash, those being Bayoneta, Mega Man, Splatoon, Punch Out, Duck Hunt, Pikmin, Metal Gear, the R.O.B. games, Pac Man, Xenoblade (unfortunately) and Wii Fit.

Anyway, this is also reason I want Isaac so badly in Smash, more exposure to Golden Sun is all the better.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I hate to beat a dead horse (I forgot to mention it earlier), but the Rathalos Tweet/picture is taken in the coliseum stage. No Monster Hunter box art features a coliseum, they mostly take place in the wilderness. Gaur Plain would have been a better location to make a Monster Hunter reference.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I am holding out for a hero.

Only time will tell for Isaac.

Happy Sept
Hopefully we will remember the day Isaac get's confirmed of deconfirmed

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just realized how close we are to 10,000 posts and 250 pages! keep it up adepts.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
I hate to beat a dead horse (I forgot to mention it earlier), but the Rathalos Tweet/picture is taken in the coliseum stage. No Monster Hunter box art features a coliseum, they mostly take place in the wilderness. Gaur Plain would have been a better location to make a Monster Hunter reference.
That's assuming it's referencing box art. Many quests in Monster Hunter are done in an arena also.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I don't want Shantae. When a third party character gets put in Smash, they have a legacy behind them and represent massive franchises. Shantae doesn't belong in Smash Bros as a playable character, IMO.
Here is my own oppinion on characters getting in. First and most importantly...moveset potential. If a character can be unique and fun to play why not add them? Second and just as important as the first, lots of fan support. If nobody wants it there is not much point to add it, as no one will get excited for it. I mean really if a character is added soley based on their contributions to gaming, or the size of their franchise, a few of the veteran roster shouldn't be in either. Like the extra pokemon characters that aren't pikachu or the starters were only added because of current popularity at the time. Same for most of the fire emblem characters being new or popular.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
That's assuming it's referencing box art. Many quests in Monster Hunter are done in an arena also.
That is what some people are saying. Personally I am unsure if it truly is a reference to Golden Sun, but if it was supposed to be a reference to Monster Hunter they did a pretty bad job of it.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Then what could it be referencing?

people are mostly saying Box Art, but there are clear flaws with that logic.
It doesn't have to be a reference to something in order for it to not be a reference to Golden Sun...
Most pics on the site aren't references or nods to anything anyways, it could just be as Sakurai said that it's just a cool pic.

Though if looking at it from that angle, Link and Marth are there and that makes sense as they have armors in MH, if it was truly a Golden Sun reference as others mentioned it'd have made more sense to put in Roy over Marth since that'd be a stand in for Garret in a way.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It doesn't have to be a reference to something in order for it to not be a reference to Golden Sun...
Most pics on the site aren't references or nods to anything anyways, it could just be as Sakurai said that it's just a cool pic.

Though if looking at it from that angle, Link and Marth are there and that makes sense as they have armors in MH, if it was truly a Golden Sun reference as others mentioned it'd have made more sense to put in Roy over Marth since that'd be a stand in for Garret in a way.
Yeah, but both could go either way. Since as mentioned before, His name is mars in Japan.

Also, i didn't even say that it COULDN'T be anything other than a GS reference. But the Monster Hunter Box art excuse is quite even more of a stretch than I imagined.

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Then what could it be referencing?

people are mostly saying Box Art, but there are clear flaws with that logic.
I don't know. I'm not convinced that it even is a reference to any game in particular, just dragon slayers ready to fight the latest dragon. Or maybe Sakurai is highlighting that this is a dream encounter that Link and Marth (maybe Shulk) are famous for fighting dragons and are about to fight the famous Rathalos from Monster Hunter. Sakurai does like to highlight how these cross overs only happen in Smash.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I don't know. I'm not convinced that it even is a reference to any game in particular, just dragon slayers ready to fight the latest dragon. Or maybe Sakurai is highlighting that this is a dream encounter that Link and Marth (maybe Shulk) are famous for fighting dragons and are about to fight the famous Rathalos from Monster Hunter. Sakurai does like to highlight how these cross overs only happen in Smash.
If this was just a picture on the website I would not think it would be a tease for anything, but the fact that Sakurai tweeted this picture has people looking at more in depth. Also I am certain that this is not a tease for a Monster Hunter playable character as he would have been announced the same time as Rathalos. It may just be a picture, but if it is teasing anything it is most likely Golden Sun.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Yeah, but both could go either way. Since as mentioned before, His name is mars in Japan.

Also, i didn't even say that it COULDN'T be anything other than a GS reference. But the Monster Hunter Box art excuse is quite even more of a stretch than I imagined.
Ehh...Roy would still be an obviously better fit. Since his main thing is t3h ph1r3, he even has red hair and the like. I highly doubt they go with Marth just because of his name overlooking his obvious fire emblem compatriot that would be a much better fit for that reference in pretty much every single way.

And well, it seemed like you were implying it has to be a reference to something...and the Monster Hunter Box art argument I think potentially holds more merit since well, it's a Monster Hunter assist trophy, it's less of a stretch than expecting it to reference Golden Sun. Maybe it's not a recreation of the box art, putting the visual similarities aside, but it's definitely a Monster Hunter themed pic, like the person two posts back said, hunters fighting a monster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom