• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
There was a fake leak that said Judgement was an assist trophy. I'd be totally fine with that.
That would be the most OP assist trophy ever, but hey if the moon from Majora's Mask can nuke a battlefield, why not.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Well folks here it is! Our 10,000th post! I had no idea when I returned back to Smashboards that Isaac would get so much support.

So then! It's time as promised. To post my 10,000th Post Special Comic. Hope you all like it! It's why Isaac has yet to be revealed ;)

I even tried a new art style. More BrawlintheFamily inspired. Enjoy!

View attachment 161159
This reminds me of the days before Smash Wii U and DLC when Fans of Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo and Isaac banded together to support these bad*** characters! Now, Isaac is the last remaining of the Big 4 (Big 5 if you count Wolf who joined the group later).

Tetiro

Smash Ace
This reminds me of the days before Smash Wii U and DLC when Fans of Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo and Isaac banded together to support these bad*** characters! Now, Isaac is the last remaining of the Big 4 (Big 5 if you count Wolf who joined the group later).
I'm glad you like it! It took 2 and a half hours to draw it but it was worth it to celebrate our 10,000 marker :D

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
What do y'all think the chances of a second DLC ballot are? Do you think it'd just be used for the next game again? Would ATs be promoted if they were exceptionally popular? Will they ever release the true results of the first ballot?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
What do y'all think the chances of a second DLC ballot are? Do you think it'd just be used for the next game again? Would ATs be promoted if they were exceptionally popular? Will they ever release the true results of the first ballot?
I don't know the answer to any of those questions.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What do you guys think of the images of Dixie, Banjo and Geno that have been going around?

If you want to look at them I think most of them are posted in the Banjo & Kazooie thread. The Geno model looks pretty good but at the same time I'm not going to underestimate how good renders created by fake leakers can be.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think of the images of Dixie, Banjo and Geno that have been going around?

If you want to look at them I think most of them are posted in the Banjo & Kazooie thread. The Geno model looks pretty good but at the same time I'm not going to underestimate how good renders created by fake leakers can be.
They look really bad, honestly. "A" for effort but obviously made by someone who doesn't get anatomy.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Well, let's see...

:ultzss: and :ultdoc:.

Out of a possible: :ultcloud::ultdoc::ultike::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpeach:(:ultdaisy:):ultpikachu::ultroy:(:ultchrom:):ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultzss:
Absolutely not. I strictly play characters I have a sort of emotional connection with. And ever since Smash 64, I've been interessted in playing all the franchises of the characters I found most appealing.

Smash 64 directly got me interessted in Zelda for example. I got Link's Awakening first, and shortly after Ocarina of Time. Was a fan ever since! And since Melee, I also wanted to play Metroid and Kirby, both through the GBA games; Return to Dreamland and Metroid Fusion. Shortly after, I wanted to play Earth Bound, Star Fox Adventures was also my first Star Fox game and it had special interesst cause it was the last Rare-Nintendo console game </3 .. Then also Fire Emblem got my interesst before Brawl came out with FE7, then Sacred Stones, then Path of Radiance and FE6 (emulated).

Could go on, but Smash had expanded my Nintendo game knowledge and experience fastly. Right now, am even interessted in games I thought I would never play. For example Mega Man and Bayonetta, even though I disliked the characters first. Even the Final Fantasy 7 remake is looking interessting to me at this point, hopefully it comes to Switch. There's only a few franchises I didn't play because of Smash, those being Bayoneta, Mega Man, Splatoon, Punch Out, Duck Hunt, Pikmin, Metal Gear, the R.O.B. games, Pac Man, Xenoblade (unfortunately) and Wii Fit.

Anyway, this is also reason I want Isaac so badly in Smash, more exposure to Golden Sun is all the better.
Roy was one for me as well in Melee and MewTwo. Captain Falcon in 64. Wolf in Brawl, and to a lesser extent, Shulk and Cloud in 4. Though, I would play every character, I suprisingly got good with those ones. And they would extend as my favorites to play as in future titles. But my mains will always be Link and Sonic (and hopefully Isaac soon to complete my dream team trio. See my profile pic. Lol)

I've also noticed there has always been two newcomer characters in each installment that would become my favorite and carry over to the next game:
64 = :ultlink: & :ultfalcon:
Melee = :ultroy: & :ultmewtwo:
Brawl = :ultsonic: & :ultwolf:
WiiU/3DS = :ultcloud: &:ultshulk:
And hopefully soon to be:
Ultimate = (Isaac) & :ultsimon:

Come on Isaac! You are the last one I need for a top ten!
Interesting seeing different perspectives. I've probably played about half the games this series covers, maybe more. But some I only have dabbled a little bit in, such as Fire Emblem, Metroid, Final Fantasy (have very very little experience with 7 itself), Pikmin, and I eventually fell out of Pokemon. RPG games unfortunately can't keep my attention for long periods of time unless I really force myself to. And after having an unfortunate save wipe on both Mother 3 and Golden Sun, I've pretty much been discouraged to revisit either of them.

All these series are wonderful. And even if I can't enjoy all of them, I can still appreciate and understand them as well as why people love these series. I've only managed to make one exception among these. But in this case, it was a character who wasn't confirmed at the time. I actually sat down and forced myself through Xenoblade as far as I could get. I was pretty much at the end, but I had been drained honestly by the grind fest to get to the end that I just called it quits to see the ending. Same thing happened with Xenoblade 2, although I enjoyed the gameplay improvements more than the story itself surprisingly. (Absolutely not a fan of the transition from Shulk to Rex. He fights cool and all, but he really felt like a downgrade as a protag.) BUT YEAH! The original Xenoblade only had me hooked because of that amazing story, convinced me to be a Shulk fan, and even got me to buy the Xenoblade 2. I skipped out on Xenoblade X since the direction didn't really appeal to me.

What my experience with games has taught me is that I don't have to play a game to appreciate a character. Being a long time fighting game fan, I grow attached to characters despite if I've played the game they are from or not.

But yeah. As for who I mainly play: :ultroy::ultshulk::ultcloud::ultkingdedede::ultryu::ultrobin:ultmewtwo::ultmegaman::ultvillager: Usually in an order close to that even.

I look forward to revisiting characters and trying new ones such as::ultinkling::ultridley::ultcorrin::ultchrom::ultlink::ultpalutena::ultzelda::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultrichter:

I don't think there is much else I necessarily want for Smash at this point other than Isaac and Spring Man, who I'm convinced will end up as DLC. But if I were to say who I'd look forward to seeing if it ended up happening, it would be:

-Shantae (Torn on how likely she might be in all honesty.)

-Geno

-Shadow (Don't really care if he is an echo or not, even being a long time Sonic fan who understands the significant differences between the two.)

-Ninten (Just because he'd be a very easy echo to make, and I'm a supporter.)

-Dixie Kong

-Ken

-Ray (From Custom Robo. Any model would do.)

-Mythra

-Dante (Not really too attached one way or another. But if rumors hold true, I'll accept him with open arms.)

-Eudiel as eventual DLC (From that recent Nintendo mobile game, Dragalia Lost. A pipe dream at best.)

-Buzzwole (My absolute deepest pipe dream. I love this freaking jacked mosquito. I get Fishbunjin vibes and I need it in my life.)

Zuppo

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3593-0420-8915
In a little time, Isaac gained a lot of supporters. I’m proud of you :bee:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
A second ballot would mean another roster that is likely to be on the scale of ultimate's so I don't see that happening, assuming that its used for the next game. Yes I think AT's like Waluigi, Ashley and even Zero would be promoted for the next game. Either way that's at least 5 years from now so who knows what will happen :p

And no I don't think they will ever release the results of the ballot, because I don't think the newcomer and AT choices were directly related to their popularity on the ballot. I personally think its a combination of popularity and fighter potential when choosing newcomers. So for example if people saw Waluigi as top 5 in the results and saw another character as playable but with lower votes, it would cause a lot of hate/controversy most likely.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d say it’s not too unlikely. Sakurai and Nintendo realized with the last ballot that they had no clue who the fans wanted, and now that they do know they’re making all of the most wanted characters playable, so they’re back to square one, and they know how to remedy it.

Hell, we as a fanbase will be back to square one as to who are the top dogs.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This could be true. However, why would Sakurai choose this exact angle? He could also have shown them actually fighting the Rathalos in a far more traditional sense known to Smash Bros.? They could show some attacks of Rathalos like this for example. The whole scenery really leads up to being a Golden Sun reference. I have a hard time believing this is coincidence.
The more interesting thing is that the three fighters in that picture were positioned in a way where they appeared to be on the same plane. Given the camera angle, it's not exactly the most convenient means of positioning them since they could just be positioned in a normally straight line on the stage. Granted it doesn't automatically mean they are referencing Golden Sun but it is something interesting.

Isaac final smashes could be
Judgment
Grand Gaia
Titan Blade (Only if he has the Gaia blade)
Ragnarok

However, Judgement is more of a "final" smash
To be honest, Ragnarok should be his forward smash. Of course, the size of the magical sword will have to be shrunk down.

Banjo, Kazooie and Dixie all look like they are dead on the inside.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The life of an Isaac fan.

The discord that loz is hiding in really defended his points about Isaac. Idk if I should believe em or not.
Did you visit their discord group?

What are his points about Isaac anyway? I thought he just said something like "oh wow I think Isaac is really in". I didn't know he gave reasons.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Did you visit their discord group?

What are his points about Isaac anyway? I thought he just said something like "oh wow I think Isaac is really in". I didn't know he gave reasons.
"the stuff he found about isaac and skull kid were direct script like k rool, it makes them MOSTLY guaranteed, so i can see why he'd think that"

Coming from the Discord

ferioku

Smash Ace

Dream roster =D

Edit: This would literally make my life complete! I get Isaac, Geno, Shadow and Decidueye in the same game? If that was the case i'm going mental =O

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As for characters I regularly play;

Number One Main:
:ultdiddy:

I will play Diddy until I feel picking him vs my opponent feels cheap, cause I am pretty good with him. Easily pick him more than half of the time, favorite character ever in any media.

Steady Secondaries;
:ultdk::ultike::ultmewtwo:

These characters all where played excessively throughout all Smash releases. Stood the test of time so to say. Forced myself to be as great with them as possible. No newcomer will be able to come close, maybe only Dixie Kong cause she’d be similar to the other Kongs.

Second Tier Secondaries;
:ultness::ultmarth::ultlucina::ulttoonlink::ultlink::ultsheik:

I also love to play these characters but have to be more ‘in the mood’ for them. Their similarities help a lot, and in the meanwhile keep interchanging between them fresh. Ness is most played here. Marth is a new addition here but am feeling him more and more as of late. Sheik is a total new addition I now force myself to play cause I totally anticipate Impa being her Echo.

Play For Fun;

:ultyoshi::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultroy::4charizard::ultfalcon::ultlucas::ultcorrin::ultgreninja:

Am also decently okay with all of them. I tend to play them whenever I feel I outclass my enemy or whenever less serious matches come up. Wish I was better with Pikachu, cause was my first main in 64.

Characters I will explore and try (again) :
:ultkrool::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultpokemontrainer::ultchrom:

King K.Rool is maybe gonna be a Secure Secondary. Young Link seems quite cool and am excited to play as him again! Same with Pichu and Pokémon Trainer. Chrom I will easily adapt to because I am already familiar with Lucina and Roy.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
"the stuff he found about isaac and skull kid were direct script like k rool, it makes them MOSTLY guaranteed, so i can see why he'd think that"

Coming from the Discord
I would be wary about loz18, all of his proven legit info came from playing the demo, I'm not sure how he would have access to anything else. You could argue he got K. Rool and the "heroes vs villains" thing right, but K. Rool wasn't exactly a longshot and it's not very conclusive to me so far.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

Coming from the Discord
Direct script.....is that like descriptions of trailers or something? (or would that be like "Now King K. Rool's reveal trailer plays"?)

It couldn't be a script for what Sakurai says because he never mentioned K. Rool by name in the direct.

I wonder how he'd even get his hands on a direct script.

Assuming he's telling the truth (and that's a BIG assumption) then wouldn't that mean the next direct would be a Skull Kid and Isaac reveal? It's hard to imagine if he did have access to script that he'd have gotten access to one further in the future.

Of course that's all assuming any of what he's saying is legit.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I would be wary about loz18, all of his proven legit info came from playing the demo, I'm not sure how he would have access to anything else. You could argue he got K. Rool and the "heroes vs villains" thing right, but K. Rool wasn't exactly a longshot and it's not very conclusive to me so far.
Yeah no, I am super wary about Loz, I have talked time and time again about how I don't believe him
Screen Shot 2018-09-01 at 3.48.05 PM.png

The now-deleted video on his twitter gave me the idea of he knows someone who works at NOA who set up the demo and gave him info.

He is just a lucky guesser

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The "heroes vs villains" part is interesting to me.

I guess you could argue that a "heroes vs villains" theme wouldn't be that unusual for a K. Rool reveal.....but on the other hand the start of the trailer where it showed all of the heroes facing off against the villains was a very on the nose interpretation of "heroes vs villains".

I could certainly see a direct script describing that as "heroes vs villains".

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
If/when Isaac is revealed, I can't wait for the people who are going to spring up saying "That Rathalos twitter pic was obviously a Golden Sun reference, it couldn't have been anything else", when they had been among the naysayers.
This will be my favorite, 'Of course Isaac made it in! He was clearly a top ballot pick. This shouldn't be a shock to anyone.'

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Characters I play.

:ultganondorf:
I just simply enjoy kicking my opponent around the screen like they're a tin can. It's not an easy life being a Ganondorf main, but it is a very satisfying life whenever you get that [erfect read and your opponent dies at 30%

:ultbowser:
IDK. I just like the way he plays.

:ultcloud::ultroy:

Character I was hype for when DLC was announced. Still enjoy playing them.

:ultgnw::ultpokemontrainer:
They were my mains from the brief time I owned Brawl. I still occasionally play G&W in Smash 4 and hopefully can put more effort into him in Ultimate. Seeing PT in the E3 trailer got me hype beyond my wildest dreams. Seeing that PT is also significantly better in Ultimate almost made me die of happiness.

:ultpichu::ultwolf:

Characters I never really got to play but definitely want to try.

:ultridley::ultkrool::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom:

I wanted K. Rool in this game so badly (I was one of the signatories on the thank you card that was sent to Sakurai), I have to use him. Ridley got me hyped. The Belmonts and Chrom also look interesting to play.

edit: minor spelling error

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Direct script.....is that like descriptions of trailers or something? (or would that be like "Now King K. Rool's reveal trailer plays"?)

It couldn't be a script for what Sakurai says because he never mentioned K. Rool by name in the direct.

I wonder how he'd even get his hands on a direct script.

Assuming he's telling the truth (and that's a BIG assumption) then wouldn't that mean the next direct would be a Skull Kid and Isaac reveal? It's hard to imagine if he did have access to script that he'd have gotten access to one further in the future.

Of course that's all assuming any of what he's saying is legit.
Who knows, I asked and nothing was said.
I wonder though, what he knows or who he knows.

Friends who work at NOA say not to believe a word any leakers said since they are really really holding info in, even from us nintendo ambassadors. We are told nothing at all. That could also be them saying that because the info can be true.

Prob is we don't know the truth. It's a waiting game.
If anyone knew the full game info we would all know by now

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Smash introduced me to Xenoblade, which is now my favorite gaming franchise. I really hope that can become the case with Golden Sun for others.

Top Bottom