• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One of the best parts about Isaac getting in is you know he'd become some fan favourite among the cast. Characters like him always endear themselves to the fanbase. The lesser-known but "cool" character, he'd fit the path of the Marth/Roy/Captain Falcon/Ike/Shulk to a tee.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Smash introduced me to Xenoblade, which is now my favorite gaming franchise. I really hope that can become the case with Golden Sun for others.
Smash introduced me to EarthBound. It is now my favorite game of all time, with Mother 3 second and Beginnings in the top 5. And I know there are many like me who joined the EB fandom through Smash.

Smash is a wonderful gateway into the world of gaming, I’m sure Golden Sun would be no exception.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Smash introduced me to EarthBound. It is now my favorite game of all time, with Mother 3 second and Beginnings in the top 5. And I know there are many like me who joined the EB fandom through Smash.

Smash is a wonderful gateway into the world of gaming, I’m sure Golden Sun would be no exception.
Smash is how I've heard of some of the lesser known Nintendo IPs. Speculation is how I first heard of Golden Sun, so it's already spread to some.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
What do you think of that Rayman's cloud? Everytime I found a hint for another character who isn't my golden boy I become afraid :(Image
PD: is in K Rool's trailer

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be fair, the ESRB raters undoubtedly know the full info by now.
I wonder what changes Nintendo (and the ESRB) put in place to ensure an ESRB leak wouldn't happen again. They surely must have done something.

It would be kinda annoying to get an ESRB leak this early....at least wait until a month beforehand before leaking it.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
My scope of gaming was extremely limited when I first played Smash since I was pretty young. Heck, I didn't even know what Zelda was at that time. But now I know even the extremely obscure For the Frog the Bell Tolls and that old Yokoi GB game known as X. Funny how one simple game can change your perspective so suddenly.

One of the best parts about Isaac getting in is you know he'd become some fan favourite among the cast. Characters like him always endear themselves to the fanbase. The lesser-known but "cool" character, he'd fit the path of the Marth/Roy/Captain Falcon/Ike/Shulk to a tee.
Those last three make me think about how they've got their own memes/running gags in the Smash community. I wonder if Isaac could even lend himself to a quality quote that people will tirelessly recite?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I think it would be amazing to see Isaac, Nes, Cloud and Shulk would be turn based RPG people. Maybe 50 Cent too, you know Isaac can be part of G Unit.

I wonder what changes Nintendo (and the ESRB) put in place to ensure an ESRB leak wouldn't happen again. They surely must have done something.

It would be kinda annoying to get an ESRB leak this early....at least wait until a month beforehand before leaking it.
From what I was told by friends who work at NOA, info is tight, they don't want a repeat of Smash 4

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Direct script.....is that like descriptions of trailers or something? (or would that be like "Now King K. Rool's reveal trailer plays"?)

It couldn't be a script for what Sakurai says because he never mentioned K. Rool by name in the direct.

I wonder how he'd even get his hands on a direct script.

Assuming he's telling the truth (and that's a BIG assumption) then wouldn't that mean the next direct would be a Skull Kid and Isaac reveal? It's hard to imagine if he did have access to script that he'd have gotten access to one further in the future.

Of course that's all assuming any of what he's saying is legit.

I've actually took a class in animation. "Script" implies that words are the main way of description. When it comes to animation, the most common way of planning animation is doing a Storyboard.

But the only way that LoZ could've known about K Rool was that he got a hold the story boards of these directs. And that would be tricky, as its being storyboarded at Bandai Namco studios, not Nintendo of America.

(Though, there is the possibility he knows the employee who edits the Character Trailers, but it's all thrown out the window when he says "Script". Loz once again demonstrates why keeping your mouth shut is the better option.)

Last edited:

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Those last three make me think about how they've got their own memes/running gags in the Smash community. I wonder if Isaac could even lend himself to a quality quote that people will tirelessly recite?
Isaac’s meme will that whenever he plays on a desert stage, he will constantly complain about how it’s too hot and that he needs water every couple of seconds.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac’s meme will that whenever he plays on a desert stage, he will constantly complain about how it’s too hot and that he needs water every couple of seconds.
I'm honestly kinda shocked we haven't gotten a desert stage yet. Gerudo Valley is the closest thing, but its merely close to a desert, not a desert in of itself.

...oh, I guess there is Mushroomy Kingdom. That's a desert, yeah.

Guys! Nintendo renewed Golden Sun's trademark on 4/25/2017!
https://www.trademarkia.com/golden-sun-77749719.html

This could mean something considering K Rool's trademark was also renewed a few years ago...
Trademark renewals are irrelevant. They're renewed to keep the trademark even if they aren't used.

King K. Rool did not have a registered trademark btw. People overreacted to that. A standard trademark is still interesting, as its the company claiming that name as a trademark of said company. However, registered trademarks are more important. King K. Rool has never had a registered trademark. (I think this past year, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong got registered trademarks, for example. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have had them for a long time.)

That being said, Golden Sun is a registered trademark of Nintendo because its an intellectual property with a unique name and branding (Kirby is not a registered trademark because Kirby is actually a proper name, for one example).

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Every time I read about 50 Cent and him being in Ultimate I chuckle :laugh: With all the trash coming out which labels itself “hip hop” am actually starting to miss the guy.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't see how renewing a trademark is that a big deal. They have to renew trademarks every so often or they can lose the rights to the IP. (isn't that how it works?)

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I've actually took a class in animation. "Script" implies that words are the main way of description. When it comes to animation, the most common way of planning animation is doing a Storyboard.

But the only way that LoZ could've known about K Rool was that he got a hold the story boards of these directs. And that would be tricky, as its being storyboarded at Bandai Namco studios, not Nintendo of America.

(Though, there is the possibility he knows the employee who edits the Character Trailers, but it's all thrown out the window when he says "Script". Loz once again demonstrates why keeping your mouth shut is the better option.)
Yeah, "cutscene scripts" was always a weird way to phrase that. If he meant the translation script for the direct itself, K. Rool is never explicitly mentioned, and there almost certainly wouldn't be any descriptive text that lays out exactly what's happening, at least not in a translation script. Another possibility is that he has info on the storyboards themselves, but then why is he calling them "scripts"? Weird stuff.

I would say that even his Skull Kid "leak" should be scrutinized. The character seems pretty likely because of all the other stuff, but I think people are treating him as a lock because of the loz18 leak and it's really not credible to me.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Every time I read about 50 Cent and him being in Ultimate I chuckle :laugh: With all the trash coming out which labels itself “hip hop” am actually starting to miss the guy.
I love 50, we both grew up in Queens. He really helped the NY rap game.
Now he is really going to help the smash game

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I love 50, we both grew up in Queens. He really helped the NY rap game.
Now he is really going to help the smash game
Yeah G-Unit wasn’t half as bad retrospectively. He’s a real smart businessman as well. Invests a lot in the projects, not a bad role model at all. Tell me some good songs of him I should hear.

Also how did this 50 Cent for Ultimate thing came to be? :laugh:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yeah G-Unit wasn’t half as bad retrospectively. He’s a real smart businessman as well. Invests a lot in the projects, not a bad role model at all. Tell me some good songs of him I should hear.

Also how did this 50 Cent for Ultimate thing came to be? :laugh:

My ****posting lol, I think it started when we talked about 3rd party or something and I posted a pic of blood in the sand his ps3 game, then the whole leaked trailer I did in like 5 min, now it's a stupid meme that I love

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Here's the thing about trademarks--renewing trademarks isn't anything special. Companies do that all the time in case they ever want to use it again. Abandoning a trademark is far more notable.

I don't see how renewing a trademark is that a big deal. They have to renew trademarks every so often or they can lose the rights to the IP. (isn't that how it works?)
No, that's not how it works. A trademark is NOT the same thing as an intellectual property or a copyright. A trademark is branding. If you register a trademark, you can file a lawsuit with official backing against anyone that tries to use that name and branding. You can technically still do so without a registered trademark as well, but its harder. You need more plenty of evidence to prove you've been using that terminology longer.

Let's say Nintendo abandoned "Golden Sun" as a trademark. Someone else can go in and make a new IP with the name Golden Sun, and draw people who are interested in the series Golden Sun to this new IP. But it would be still have to be completely different from the original series. It still cannot use copyrighted characters and locations, etc.

Trademarks are NOT copyrights. They're specifically for branding purposes, and trademarks expire far sooner than copyrights.

I do believe that partial trademarks are also a thing, too. For example, Nintendo abandoned the trademark Hyrule Warriors a while back, but only after they trademarked "Hyrule". Because Hyrule isn't a common term, it can be trademarked. On the other hand, King tried to copyright "Candy" and "Saga", both of which were denied because of how common those words are. (That's also why Nintendo can't trademark "Kirby".)

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/differences-between-copyright-trademark-3218.html

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, "cutscene scripts" was always a weird way to phrase that. If he meant the translation script for the direct itself, K. Rool is never explicitly mentioned, and there almost certainly wouldn't be any descriptive text that lays out exactly what's happening, at least not in a translation script. Another possibility is that he has info on the storyboards themselves, but then why is he calling them "scripts"? Weird stuff.

I would say that even his Skull Kid "leak" should be scrutinized. The character seems pretty likely because of all the other stuff, but I think people are treating him as a lock because of the loz18 leak and it's really not credible to me.
There is more too it than that. (The Moon & Skull Kid amiibo on Reggie's desk)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm honestly kinda shocked we haven't gotten a desert stage yet. Gerudo Valley is the closest thing, but its merely close to a desert, not a desert in of itself.

...oh, I guess there is Mushroomy Kingdom. That's a desert, yeah.

Trademark renewals are irrelevant. They're renewed to keep the trademark even if they aren't used.

King K. Rool did not have a registered trademark btw. People overreacted to that. A standard trademark is still interesting, as its the company claiming that name as a trademark of said company. However, registered trademarks are more important. King K. Rool has never had a registered trademark. (I think this past year, Dixie Kong and Cranky Kong got registered trademarks, for example. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong have had them for a long time.)

That being said, Golden Sun is a registered trademark of Nintendo because its an intellectual property with a unique name and branding (Kirby is not a registered trademark because Kirby is actually a proper name, for one example).
Yeah. I just looked on the website and found some interesting things.

NoA trademarking their lower tier Frachises at least shows that they see potential to use them in the future. (Eternal Darkness and Golden Sun are prime examples)

But, you could be like Custom Robo, and be cancelled entirely.

https://www.trademarkia.com/custom-robo-78976078.html

Granted, the IP is still there, like you said. But Nintendo trademarking their stuff at least means they have "interest" in using it in the future. This is just straight up abandonment.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yeah. I just looked on the website and found some interesting things.

NoA trademarking their lower tier Frachises at least shows that they see potential to use them in the future. (Eternal Darkness and Golden Sun are prime examples)

But, you could be like Custom Robo, and be cancelled entirely.

https://www.trademarkia.com/custom-robo-78976078.html

Granted, the IP is still there, like you said. But Nintendo trademarking their stuff at least means they have "interest" in using it in the future. This is just straight up abandonment.
Sad to see Custom Robo came out during a time when Nintendo didn't know what the hell there were doing. An HD remake of the OG games would of been enough

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I was looking up different trademarks on trademarkia and I found this: https://www.trademarkia.com/its-on-like-donkey-kong-85173084.html

Is that some sort of slogan they've used to advertise Donkey Kong? :laugh:
No. They claimed that they copyrighted that phrase because of Donkey Kong Country Returns, but it was used in an Ice Cube song and since then the phrase became kind of famous. It was used in movies and commercials and TV Shows. Obviously Nintendo wanted some of the royalties.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sad to see Custom Robo came out during a time when Nintendo didn't know what the hell there were doing. An HD remake of the OG games would of been enough
Yeah. I'm not sure the DS entry helped since it bombed everywhere. Which stinks.

But yeah. Anything custom Robo related would make me happy, but I don't think it's going to happen at this point. :(

Top Bottom