• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe that you forgot that they said they'd be interested in SF4.
But since they are collaborating with Nintendo, they only make 1 game published by Sega. And Golden Sun is more popular than Shining Force I think. Would Sega invest in SF when the series is niche as hell?

Eagle

Smash Lord
Sorry to bring this up, but apparently the "leaker" stated he'll upload gameplay videos to prove the pics we've seen are legit. That tells me right there it's going to be fake when he doesn't deliver. Haha!
Where was this said? Chances are it was probably some other random anonymous person if it's on 4chan.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it was left blank because the last character is literally M.I.A. (Isaac) Hahahaha, could you imagine that. *takes off tinfoil hat*

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
ok ok...
Well I want something... you think that Isaac would be a good friend do Ivysaur?
I always thought it’d be really funny if Pikachu was featured in Isaac’s reveal trailer. I dunno what he’d be doing exactly, but at one point in the trailer he’d just run into Flint and they’d have a really drawn out staring contest before Flint freaks Pikachu out by making some kind of noise (like I know Djinni can talk, but I just love the thought of him making a stupid noise).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Okay, what's going on here? There's like 12 new pages.

Also, Pwnapplez Pwnapplez ... you're the worst. :laugh:
That leak happened.

So much that Etika posted a video talking about it.

Also, I didn't even know Etika liked gS either.

It kinda confirms my suspicion that there are people that want him, but don't really think he's possible.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That leak happened.
That leak has the worst Isaac render ever and I'm glad it's probably not legit.
Also, I didn't even know Etika liked gS either.

It kinda confirms my suspicion that there are people that want him, but don't really think he's possible.
I'm gonna say that if you're (using 'you' as a general term here) close to my age (27) and owned a GBA, there's a high chance you would have played Golden Sun when it came out.

The biggest demographic of Smash Bros. fans happens to be people around my age (people in their 20s and 30s), so... you know...

Last edited:

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
Yo Etika actually lauded Golden Sun in that video

Also, he never mentioned the newer images of the Agnes leak.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I'm gonna say that if you're (using 'you' as a general term here) close to my age (27) and owned a GBA, there's a high chance you would have played Golden Sun when it came out.

The biggest demographic of Smash Bros. fans happens to be people around my age (people in their 20s and 30s), so... you know...
I actually had a DS lite at an age of 7. I bought a lot of GBA and DS games.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Yo Etika actually lauded Golden Sun in that video

Also, he never mentioned the newer images of the Agnes leak.
Ok... a waifu was on a leak AND ETIKA SAID NOTHING? ITS THE END OF WORLD GUYS! FELIX LIGHTED THE LAST LIGHTHOUSE! ALCHEMY IS UNLEASHED! THE WORLD WILL EEEEEEEND!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

Can confirm this, along with Advance Wars. At least the first two games. GS was noteworthy back in the day. It was right on the crest of the wave that was effectively Nintendo's golden era of gaming with Gamecube and GBA which people still think of fondly. It's why I always tag that people who say otherwise are revisionists or too young to remember. GS had no brand to go on and on its very first entry in an RPG series on a handheld managed to break a million. Be mindful that normally in the genre less than half of that was considered successful at the time. It's hard to describe really because today there's no equivalent to compare it to. You have the explosion of the internet and twitter, youtube, reddit, etc. to just get out the info quickly in the modern day.

Back in 2001, all I really remember about the internet was AOL and only using the internet for research for homework. Maybe using gamefaqs to look up some map. So when a game made an impact, it had to do it by its own merits or the brand that it had built otherwise it would stay hidden. Golden Sun definitely did that as surprising as that might seem. At its peak it really was bigger internationally than Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Mother, F-Zero and that's not to put those franchises in some disrespect; Golden Sun was just that big. Camelot's problem is they didn't strike when the iron was hot like so many other franchises did, including its contemporaries. I'm not saying it would have been Pokemon, but it had ability to replicate that success to a lesser extent.

GS was discussed on the playground, in the classroom, with random cousins you would seldom see except for a family event twice a year. Camelot is stupid so here we are.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'll be 100% honest, I've been playing smash for 10 years now, SSBB was pretty much the first home console video game i ever owned since i bought the wii when i was 9 years old, back in 2009 (though i have played Brawl the previous year at friends' houses).

Every single character from brawl was how i got to know them personally (besides sonic, i was a fan of him since i was 6 and pokemon when the third generation was the newest)

What i'm trying to say is, I never grew up with the gameboy advance, despite growing up with the GameCube and the OG Xbox and a bunch of other early 2000s consoles and such when i'd go to my friends' house, so I've never actually played a Golden Sun game in my life. Hell i didn't get a portable Nintendo system (3DS) until i was 12 years old (i had a psp when i was younger until it broke)

Despite never playing the GS games, the reason i find Isaac so perfect is just how cool he looks and what powers he possesses from what gameplay i have seen. and ive been supporting him since the post Smash 4 DLC ^_^

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Ok... a waifu was on a leak AND ETIKA SAID NOTHING? ITS THE END OF WORLD GUYS! FELIX LIGHTED THE LAST LIGHTHOUSE! ALCHEMY IS UNLEASHED! THE WORLD WILL EEEEEEEND!
I just realied that.

I don't think he's familiar with BD. Which is why he is so disconnected to a character like her.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Despite never playing the GS games, the reason i find Isaac so perfect is just how cool he looks and what powers he possesses from what gameplay i have seen. and ive been supporting him since the post Smash 4 DLC ^_^
If Isaac gets in I hope you get a chance to play a remaster of the OG GS, if not I would def suggest it. It's one of my personal fav games. It's neck to neck with Majora's Mask

Any 90's baby should know who Isaac is. Since handheld gaming was at it's prime. I remember Toys R Us having the game on the shelf right next to new GBA's and SPs.

Anyone who is 21+ I feel might of played GS if they owned a GBA

KMDP

Smash Legend
Can confirm this, along with Advance Wars. At least the first two games. GS was noteworthy back in the day. It was right on the crest of the wave that was effectively Nintendo's golden era of gaming with Gamecube and GBA which people still think of fondly. It's why I always tag that people who say otherwise are revisionists or too young to remember. GS had no brand to go on and on its very first entry in an RPG series on a handheld managed to break a million. Be mindful that normally in the genre less than half of that was considered successful at the time. It's hard to describe really because today there's no equivalent to compare it to. You have the explosion of the internet and twitter, youtube, reddit, etc. to just get out the info quickly in the modern day.

Back in 2001, all I really remember about the internet was AOL and only using the internet for research for homework. Maybe using gamefaqs to look up some map. So when a game made an impact, it had to do it by its own merits or the brand that it had built otherwise it would stay hidden. Golden Sun definitely did that as surprising as that might seem. At its peak it really was bigger internationally than Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Mother, F-Zero and that's not to put those franchises in some disrespect; Golden Sun was just that big. Camelot's problem is they didn't strike when the iron was hot like so many other franchises did, including its contemporaries. I'm not saying it would have been Pokemon, but it had ability to replicate that success to a lesser extent.

GS was discussed on the playground, in the classroom, with random cousins you would seldom see except for a family event twice a year. Camelot is stupid so here we are.
If Isaac gets in I hope you get a chance to play a remaster of the OG GS, if not I would def suggest it. It's one of my personal fav games. It's neck to neck with Majora's Mask

Any 90's baby should know who Isaac is. Since handheld gaming was at it's prime. I remember Toys R Us having the game on the shelf right next to new GBA's and SPs.

Anyone who is 21+ I feel might of played GS if they owned a GBA
Yeah, Golden Sun was pretty big.

As an aside, I see a lot of people cite "Advance Wars" when referring to that series. It's actually just "Wars" or "Nintendo Wars", because they've had games not called Advance Wars (i.e. "Famicom Wars", "Game Boy Wars" and "Battalion Wars").

Though I'm not a fan of the series so... *shrug*

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
The ultimate reminder that I'm an old daddy now ...
When I first played Golden sun I think I was the same age as Isaac or maybe Felix.

N1N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Liamdude11
3DS FC
0791-4680-8645
Golden Sun was released before I was born. Still my favorite game though, I played it on the Wii U VC.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

As an aside, I see a lot of people cite "Advance Wars" when referring to that series. It's actually just "Wars" or "Nintendo Wars", because they've had games not called Advance Wars (i.e. "Famicom Wars", "Game Boy Wars" and "Battalion Wars").

I spent countless hours in the Advance Wars custom map maker.

The GBA was such a huge part of my childhood. I loved my Snes and 64 but GB and GBA games always are close to my heart. Plus the sprite art ugh to die for! Loz GBC games are top tier and I miss that style

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I honestly imagine a world where Golden Sun was an ongoing franchise.

If Xenoblade is Nintendo's answer to Final Fantasy, Then Golden Sun should be Nintendo's equivalent of Dragon Quest. (Not quite the same, but you get the idea.)

Metocles

Smash Journeyman

Yeah, of course I know that now but definitely not back then. The Advance Wars games were different enough anyway that drawing a similarity is somewhat shaky. So much so, that people only remember Andy, Sami and Max if you even talk about the Wars games.

Advance Wars was pretty popular too, albeit not as popular as GS. Chances are that you probably played them both if you had a GBA, though chances are even greater that if you owned just one of the games, it was probably just GS. Though, I can't really speak for Europe so I'm not certain on that front. It didn't sell as well, but lasted longer with two titles on the DS which I didn't get around to playing until much later (but they're both very very good). I remember AW being a great game to play on the go and coming back to playing it for long hours but GS for being much more immersive. Both of them are very good for puzzle/problem solving in very different capacities.

Once again, IS is just as stupid as Camelot for not pursuing that franchise to its end.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

If Xenoblade is Nintendo's answer to Final Fantasy, Then Golden Sun should be Nintendo's equivalent of Dragon Quest. (Not quite the same, but you get the idea.)
I honestly picture Xenoblade as more like the Tales series since both have more of a real time action aspect. Although I guess even FF has been going that route lately as well.

But Golden Sun is more akin to classic FF. Gameplay wise anyway. Wouldn’t it be neat if Golden Sun was as popular as FF? Man... that’s a thought. You ever wonder if the reason we like the series so much is because of its obscurity? Sometimes I wonder.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I spent countless hours in the Advance Wars custom map maker.

The GBA was such a huge part of my childhood. I loved my Snes and 64 but GB and GBA games always are close to my heart. Plus the sprite art ugh to die for! Loz GBC games are top tier and I miss that style
I know how you feel.

Fire Emblem had some of the most awesome sprite work on the GBA (it wasn't especially mind-blowing or anything, but it was great).

*imagines a world where Golden Sun gets a new artist who draws in a more generic anime-style and the waves of complaints and arguments that would bring*

*side-eyes Fire Emblem and Xenoblade*

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I honestly picture Xenoblade as more like the Tales series since both have more of a real time action aspect. Although I guess even FF has been going that route lately as well.

But Golden Sun is more akin to classic FF. Gameplay wise anyway. Wouldn’t it be neat if Golden Sun was as popular as FF? Man... that’s a thought. You ever wonder if the reason we like the series so much is because of its obscurity? Sometimes I wonder.
GS would be Nintendo's own Octopath, which is a good thing. People are craving a new JRPG. If Golden Sun is remade and uses online link it would be a killer.

Top Bottom