• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't really see that Isaac render's face in Link's? Not saying that I totally believe the leak or anything or that they couldn't have worked some photshop magic with Link, but I can't say I'm seeing it.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure she'll gain a boost in popularity after this.
Not to mention Verge mentioned that a Square Enix rep was in. Which of course Geno was the popular and obvious answer and then this leak happened.

It's just interesting that if Verge had straight up said Geno, like he did back in Ridley and Simon days, instead of being more vague now, that could have added another quick point to debunk.

On the topic of Isaac, yeah that render would take some getting used to. I just want to know why the leaker went through the effort of redesigning Isaac to that extent lol. Though the fact Isaac is a part of a fake roster leak is amusing in itself.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I don't really see that Isaac render's face in Link's? Not saying that I totally believe the leak or anything or that they couldn't have worked some photshop magic with Link, but I can't say I'm seeing it.
It wasn't Isaac. It was this atrocious Lloyd Irving render that came out a few hours after the initial leak and was a very clearly edited version of Link. Don't know if it came from the same person, but it might as well have at this point.

Truly the stuff of nightmares.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Well I might as well give my two cents on this as everyone else is.

Personally I’m 50/50 on them. People are trying their hardest to prove them fake like saying the renders are weird however even the characters already announced had off renders at first but have since had theirs updated to look better. For all we know these are placeholder images since they just need something there for testing now.

I don’t think this is something to get worked up about since we’ll most likely have an announcement in a few weeks and will be able to easily compare the renders.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Not to mention Verge mentioned that a Square Enix rep was in. Which of course Geno was the popular and obvious answer and then this leak happened.

It's just interesting that if Verge had straight up said Geno, like he did back in Ridley and Simon days, instead of being more vague now, that could have added another quick point to debunk.

On the topic of Isaac, yeah that render would take some getting used to. I just want to know why the leaker went through the effort of redesigning Isaac to that extent lol. Though the fact Isaac is a part of a fake roster leak is amusing in itself.
I think it's very possible that the whole reason Agnes is in this "leak" in the first place was to be the Square Enix rep Verge mentioned.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
It wasn't Isaac. It was this atrocious Lloyd Irving render that came out a few hours after the initial leak and was a very clearly edited version of Link. Don't know if it came from the same person, but it might as well have at this point.

Oh yeah, I definitely see Link's face in that. It doesn't even look like any version of Lloyd I recall. I even looked up his render in the that lame Soul Calibur Legends game and it looks quite different from that.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Isaac has the same face as Link? Holy crap those psyenergy vortexes take people to Hyrule!
That's Lloyd, not Isaac, but same leak.
Yea well do you remember the Shulk is a photoshoped little mac ?
matthewpalm2.png

I will keep using this image until you guys get your act together and stop deluding yourselves.

There's a huge difference between claiming that image was photoshoped from a low res gameplay image using a character with next to no visual similarities other than being male humanoids, and claiming an image clearly and blatantly used an HD, readily available, clean render that it matches almost perfectly.

Especially given how it doesn't match how Lloyd actually looks. Same issue I touched on regarding Isaac's facial features.

There's also the fact that Isaac looks... inaccurate? If you compare to the official GS artwork, Isaac has smaller pupils, rounder eyes, thinner eyebrows and considerably less spiky hair (on top of it being brunette). For a modeling team has so far been so meticulous with their attention to details, you'd think they would've been more faithful to the source material (unless it's a deliberate redesign, like Roy and Ridley, which I doubt Isaac needs, specially when it's this superficial).

View attachment 160499

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, seeing the full renders shows that they’re 100% fake. Let’s just be glad someone took the time to include Isaac in their fake leak (after a lot of people have been ignoring him :( )

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yeah, seeing the full renders shows that they’re 100% fake. Let’s just be glad someone took the time to include Isaac in their fake leak (after a lot of people have been ignoring him :( )
How does it show that they're 100% fake? I honestly think there's no way of knowing. People will confidently make bold claims like "OH THIS RENDER IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL" or "X LOOKS PAINTED" but nothing I have read is objectively debunking this leak as of now. It's all highly opinionated, knee-jerk, subjective BS from people pretending to have expertise on character renders or game design. I will wait to get some actual evidence of this leak being real or fake before ruling it out. I think Isaac's design is cool and I think we would have easily the most fan-pleasing and diverse roster in smash history if these were the remaining characters (with the only missing major fan-requested characters being Geno and I guess Bandana-dee).

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
How does it show that they're 100% fake? I honestly think there's no way of knowing. People will confidently make bold claims like "OH THIS RENDER IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL" or "X LOOKS PAINTED" but nothing I have read is objectively debunking this leak as of now. It's all highly opinionated, knee-jerk, subjective BS from people pretending to have expertise on character renders or game design. I will wait to get some actual evidence of this leak being real or fake before ruling it out. I think Isaac's design is cool and I think we would have easily the most fan-pleasing and diverse roster in smash history if these were the remaining characters (with the only missing major fan-requested characters being Geno and I guess Bandana-dee).
A lot of little mistakes and inconsistancies in art, design and spelling that cumulated tend to point at it to be fan made.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
SchAlternate SchAlternate Don't kill the fun dude, the speculating / debunking part is where the fun is.
Nah, please kill it. A leak like this is *terrible* for the Smash community, especially after the ESRB leaks. All the gullible people will eat it up and talk about how likely it is even if it's both unlikely and horrendous, and then turn on anyone who says how awful or horrendous it is, even if that person is a professional digital artist who spent a large amount of time making Smash-like renders.

This particular leak is nothing but divisive. Can we get a Direct to kill it already?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

That's supposed to be Lloyd?

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Nah, please kill it. A leak like this is *terrible* for the Smash community, especially after the ESRB leaks. All the gullible people will eat it up and talk about how likely it is even if it's both unlikely and horrendous, and then turn on anyone who says how awful or horrendous it is, even if that person is a professional digital artist who spent a large amount of time making Smash-like renders.

This particular leak is nothing but divisive. Can we get a Direct to kill it already?
Amen

I would of rathered someone just show us the full Isaac and be like oh this is what I think he will look like in Smash.

Leaks like this make the community crazy. We all want Isaac but I don't want this community to turn into the next Ashley community and go bat ****.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Just goona throw out that calling people that maybe believe the leak or don't completely rule it out "dolts" and "fools" doesn't help the situation...

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think very few people actually "believe" this, but the fact that you're all trying so hard to get the tiniest details feeds the people that do think it's 100% real.

I think Isaac's likely in regardless of leaks, the only thing I'd be disappointed about is that they wouldn't use this design now

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Fine, I'll admit resorting to insults is stepping a bit too low, but at least I'm not spouting profanities. Besides, after the leak has been disproven multiple times through the course of this parade, you'd think people would've already caught on and got their reality checked.

So what ? We finally have something interesting / fun to talk about after almost a month of nothingness, and you guys are not happy ?
No, because it causes false hopes and expectations. This causes nothing but grief to anyone involved and witnessing.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So what ? We finally have something interesting / fun to talk about after almost a month of nothingness, and you guys are not happy ?
I don't find this fun, I actually don't like how argumentative it's making people in this thread.

It wouldn't be so bad if the leak was believable but that it isn't just makes it worse.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
As far as this leak goes I think we can rule it out, props to the guy that made it his Isaac doesn't look that bad but we've been here ages we can wait a little longer for some real information and should this leak turn out to be true hurrah. I think we should treat this one like how weve treated every other text leak so far

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Yes, please! I want us to get to September 1st faster than this.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I don't know, I personally don't care about this leak to be true or not as I believe Isaac will be in regardless.
I just don't like your overall aggressive and condescendant tone.

Also this just came out, give people time to absorb the information and realize the flaws in these pictures.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't know, I personally don't care about this leak to be true or not as I believe Isaac will be in regardless.
I just don't like your overall aggressive and condescendant tone.

Also this just came out, give people time to absorb the information and realize the flaws in these pictures.
Isaac will almost certainly be in. But it doesn't do to elevate leaks that don't deserve it. It just shows how gullible/paranoid people can be about this kind of thing.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That’s a neat picture of Isaac. Fake, but neat.

So long as someone fixed the colours, I wouldn’t be mad at getting something close to that interpretation.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I'm with Flynn, I think we can all do a bit to be a bit more civil instead of throwing out facepalm pictures at differing opinions (I'm not saying that's the only thing, but it's the one that comes to mind). Regardless of anyone's stance on these images, at least it's something to talk about other than the usual "I hope X is character is in" that these threads are 99% of the time.

And is it me or have the last ~10 days of August been really damn slow? Feels like it's taking a lifetime to get to September, probably because that's when we're most likely to get some news.

Last edited:

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I kind of wish some news sources or YouTube channels could cover this leak, I feel like that can give Isaac some more publicity. But it always feel like whenever something includes Isaac they just pretend like it doesn't exist. For me it felt like the Rathalos stuff was brushed aside, but the Skull Kid chair hints continued to get mentioned everywhere, but that's probably just my own bias interfering with my perception. Glad that PapaGenos goes over this stuff.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I kind of wish some news sources or YouTube channels could cover this leak, I feel like that can give Isaac some more publicity. But it always feel like whenever something includes Isaac they just pretend like it doesn't exist. For me it felt like the Rathalos stuff was brushed aside, but the Skull Kid chair hints continued to get mentioned everywhere, but that's probably just my own bias interfering with my perception. Glad that PapaGenos goes over this stuff.
PapaGenos is a user on here. so it makes sense.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
That leak in specific is fake. Learn to use accents or not make Lloyd look like an ed edd and eddy character.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The leak is really weird for me

I mean, I see Isaac's render, and it makes me want this to be real because I really do like it, but then I look at Agnes' face and am like "ya know, on second thought..."

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
I don’t really understand why people argue over “leaks” as no matter what there will be people who believe it and people who don’t until official information proves otherwise. I mean, there are still people thinking Gothitelle is getting in lol.

Just speak your peace and let people enjoy their speculation. No need to “protect people’s dreams/expectations” as disappointment is just a part of life.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
But the thing is, you can easily avoid said disappointment by using critical thinking and or listen to all the evidence against it, of which there is plenty already.

But whatever. If, if, they choose to still believe that after everything that has been said and done, that's their choice, then.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
What Banjodorf said. I just want people to stop deluding themselves and move on already. This is making all y'all look like fools by believing this.
I'm just playing for fun! Its cool to see a fake leak like this, I imagine the time the guy wasted to his 24h or glory, and even more for him using some characters I would love to see (Isaac and Agnès) even if this leak is fake... its like "Man... this guy made a good leak, too bad its a fake one".
Personaly I love to see fake leaks just to predict what the "leakers" are thinking when making them... they're predicting? Trying to promote his favorites? Just want his 1hour of fame? Its just a game for me this

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Regardless, we're going to find out comparatively quickly what the real roster lineup is so I'm not sweating this too much. For my opinion, the choices here are too perfect to match the head canon that the smash community has almost made for itself surrounding the speculation cycle this time. Basically merging everything that Vergeben and LoZ18 has told us and highly propped up characters like Shadow. Obviously we'd love for these choices to happen, but that's why it's so tantalizing. Like I said a few posts ago, the temptation of truth can overwhelm the truth of temptation.

I, for one, am going to say that it's fake considering the disaster that happened in Sm4sh with the ESRB leak. I would imagine Sakurai putting some real legal attachments to something like this. Not even mentioning that the ESRB leak put out a gigantic amount of info. A video of gameplay, several photos of menus, CSS, Tharja trophy, etc. Stuff that would basically take forever to sit and create. This one looks like it would take time, but a motivated person could do it if given the resources. We've effectively seen a handful of pictures. No concrete evidence though either way.

I'd just like to point out that you can't take someone's word for something, even if they're an expert. You have to take their claims and investigate them on your own.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Makes me think the next reveal will be big because with the speculations and info we have and dont have revealing characters in a certain way would almost confirm some if not all. Also looking at first direct we had 1 new trailer 1 echo,2nd direct 2 new trailers ,2 echoes. I can see at least 6 characters to finish off the hype!

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I hope we don't need to wait last min for Isaac fate. I just want the news, a yes or a no.

Like I have Roy and Ivysaur. I am very happy. Isaac is all I wanted but still, I can't wait any longer

Top Bottom