• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
So this is pretty much unrelated to anything discussed here but I had a funny dream today.

Apparently there was a 3DS Direct of sorts which baffled me because it was hardly ever talked about in said Direct and the first thing that happened was a Golden Sun reveal for the Switch (in a 3DS Direct apparently lol). Along with the announcement was a verbal confirmation that Isaac would be in Smash Bros Ultimate but they never showed any trailers or footage of that which really puzzled me. The rest of the Direct was pretty boring mobile stuff IIRC.

Just imaging something like this happening IRL would be hysterical lmao!
lmao. Could you imagine that? The most boring and laid-back way to confirm a character in the history of Smash Bros. It almost feels like that's the way it would happen too compared to how the fanbase is and how people think about Isaac in terms of Smash. Oh yeah, Isaac will be in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Okay that's all we wanted to say today. Thank you.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I recently had a dream where Ms. Pacman, Shadow, Geno, and Isaac were all in smash bros. There were other characters too but I can't remember them.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Stolen from 4Chan

I made this chart
>so far EXACTLY 3 fighters of the day per week
>35 fighters remaining
>33 if we assume the 2 slots this week will get filled up.
>14 weeks remaining until december 7th
>14*3=42
>42-33=9
There are 9 newcomers remaining including echoes. Discuss.​

1535569518611.png

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Stolen from 4Chan

I made this chart
>35 fighters remaining
>14*3=42
>42-33=9

View attachment 160365
Something I was thinking about the blog....

How do we know it isn't going to continue updating after release? Aren't we just assuming that they'll have posted every character by release?

ZelDan

Smash Master
lmao. Could you imagine that? The most boring and laid-back way to confirm a character in the history of Smash Bros. It almost feels like that's the way it would happen too compared to how the fanbase is and how people think about Isaac in terms of Smash. Oh yeah, Isaac will be in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Okay that's all we wanted to say today. Thank you.
>Nintendo announces a bunch of games and mobile stuff
>start to say their good byes and to look forward to next direct
> ".........oh yeah, right, Isaac's going to be in Smash!"
>video immediately cuts out

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Something I was thinking about the blog....

How do we know it isn't going to continue updating after release? Aren't we just assuming that they'll have posted every character by release?
Mmm I mean, we are certain that the newcomers will be announced before the release. Assuming the actual plan is to fill the blog with everyone from the roster before release, then yeah… but we don't actually know if that's their plan with the blog. Also they can keep talking about items and stuff even if they are done with the characters. But yeah we don't know what their plan actually is…

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well 3 characters a week + a bunch of itens and stages! and this is counting with only 3 a week, it's seems some weeks got 4 characters, and other 2 characters in the same day... so we have a margin of characters

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah it was really funny to me because the way it happened in my dream was just an announcement that Isaac would be playable in the game and they just moved on lol. On the flip side I recall in my dream people being hyped AF about it when I went online despite no trailer. No one even remarking about it.

Yeah my dreams are wack. :)
>Nintendo announces a bunch of games and mobile stuff
>start to say their good byes and to look forward to next direct
> ".........oh yeah, right, Isaac's going to be in Smash!"
>video immediately cuts out
Well actually it happened at the start of said Direct but man this should be how it happens. No one would ever see it coming lmao.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Stolen from 4Chan

I made this chart
>35 fighters remaining
>14*3=42
>42-33=9

View attachment 160365
I think 9 more newcomers is almost guaranteed counting Echoes. I expect things to pick up though, I’m feeling a lot more Echoes, and maybe 6-ish unique newcomers.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
To people who are mad at GameFAQs for hating Isaac:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76947062?results=1#

Usually when I see people hating on Isaac, it's the same people over and over again, but I see a pretty large variety of people backing Isaac, so I think we should stop looking at GameFAQs as a platform for Isaac haters because most people there from what I've seen support Isaac, or are at least indifferent towards his inclusion. Like the Waluigi thing we shouldn't label the site based off a vocal minority.

I would also say that we definitely aren't the most hated, it's just that roster slots are competitive with limited time to work on the game, so when people see Isaac's rise to popularity, they start making desperate and even immature efforts to try and undermine other characters' popularity or likelihoos to convince themselves that their character might make it in instead. Keep this in mind when discussing other characters because I think a lot of times to support/protect other characters, we could go a little overboard with criticizing the chances of other characters, and going too far with that could damage the fanbase's image in the Smash community. I'm not saying we're bad compared to others, but we should be careful and respectful when asserting certain things.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Stolen from 4Chan

I made this chart
>35 fighters remaining
>14*3=42
>42-33=9

View attachment 160365
Just the fact that some of the weeks have four and some have two, and Simon and K. Rool were posted on the same day, makes me feel like this isn't an exact science. Also, even if they reveal every character before release, that doesn't mean every character will be up on the blog before release, but idk. It still seems like a good estimate, probably really close to what we'll get, but not exact.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Mmm I mean, we are certain that the newcomers will be announced before the release. Assuming the actual plan is to fill the blog with everyone from the roster before release, then yeah… but we don't actually know if that's their plan with the blog. Also they can keep talking about items and stuff even if they are done with the characters. But yeah we don't know what their plan actually is…
Yeah I know newcomers are going to be announced before release. (or at least that's what Sakurai has told us)

I'm more interested in whether all veteran characters will be posted to the blog before release. I don't see anything stopping them from continuing to update the blog for a few weeks after release. Didn't past Smash blogs continue to update even after their respective games were released?

Like others have said though it could speed up at some point, I don't think it's really something that we can use to predict how many characters are coming.

Last edited:

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Man, there is so much hate for Shantae in that poll.
I'll be honest, I don't want Shantae. When a third party character gets put in Smash, they have a legacy behind them and represent massive franchises. Shantae doesn't belong in Smash Bros as a playable character, IMO.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest, I don't want Shantae. When a third party character gets put in Smash, they have a legacy behind them and represent massive franchises. Shantae doesn't belong in Smash Bros as a playable character, IMO.
The way I see it if a character would make a sizeable fanbase happy, which Shantae definitely would, I have no objections to her in Smash. Same goes for Geno and the other top picks, even though I don't necessarily need them to be in Smash. I don't think it's a competition, we're all just fans waiting for the game after all. And we're running out of massive franchises to represent either, so at some point she's likely to be 'next in line' anyway if we take that into consideration. Maybe the series has never been massive, but it's had enough of an impact to stay relevant over more than a decade.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gamefaqs doesn’t hate Isaac so much as they hate everything, and Isaac is part of everything.

They also like stuff, but not nearly as loudly.

ZelDan

Smash Master
For what it's worth, you can add Jared Petty to those who think Isaac will be in the game. Not only that, he thinks we will see another Golden Sun game in the next few years.

https://youtu.be/ctT9lO0g81k

You can jump to the 1:19:00 mark to hear them talk about our boy a little. The whole video is over 2 hours of just fun Smash talk though, so I recommend it. You will definitely have some eye rolls over characters they want and/or mention though, so be warned. Lol.
I'm watching this and oh lord you weren't kidding about eye-roll tier ideas.

Them showing more support for Goku than Lyn or thinking Rabbids is more likely than Rayman, and actually like the idea of Rabbids *wretches*

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I like Warrior of Vale for Isaac.

Though I could also see something like "Earth Shaking Adept" as well.

Last edited:

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
Last edited:

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
Do the same with Dragonball somehow you won't find anything .. strange
edit
goku confirmed?
lol please guys, someone stop him

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...lly_google_cant_find_the_website_of_the_game/

If someone is interesting the question of the websites, actually Nintendo UK websites of Golden Sun are off the search. I couldn't find it on google...

EDIT:
The website shown sometimes again on the google search and the website was updated 4 DAYS AGO.
Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/BqdUhst
So hard to catch it.
This website has been updating regularly if you back to page 60 to 70ish we talked about it shortly after the direct

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
This website has been updating regularly if you back to page 60 to 70ish we talked about it shortly after the direct
oh great, but this time the update was only for the UK... don't know why.

IsaacOrRiot

Smash Rookie
9 newcomers including echoes?
  1. Geno (almost guaranteed)
  2. Isaac (pls)
  3. Isabelle (trusting verge on this)
  4. Ken (also trusting verge)
  5. Gen 7 Pokemon (also trusting verge...)
  6. A 3rd party echo (prob shadow)
  7. Kirby rep (probably bandana dee. How does Sakurai's own game only have 3 reps?)
  8. Unexpected character with extreme hype (like Snake, Bayonetta)
  9. Unexpected character with little hype (like ROB, wii fit trainer)

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...lly_google_cant_find_the_website_of_the_game/

If someone is interesting the question of the websites, actually Nintendo UK websites of Golden Sun are off the search. I couldn't find it on google...

EDIT:
The website shown sometimes again on the google search and the website was updated 4 DAYS AGO.
Screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/BqdUhst
So hard to catch it.
I don't understand. Is the website not up anymore? Or is it just been updated like before

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
I don't understand. Is the website not up anymore? Or is it just been updated like before
firstly it was down, it means that you can't reach it from google in any ways. Than it showed up again and they updated that one 4 days ago.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
9 newcomers including echoes?
  1. Isaac (pls)
  2. Kirby rep (probably bandana dee. How does Sakurai's own game only have 3 reps?)
1. Yes please
2. Sakurai doesn't like being accused of biased. He nerfed Kirby hard from 64 to Melee because people complained Kirby was so good.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so the Dark Dawn website is still being fiddled with? My inner cynic thinks it's nothing, but the rest of me is hopeful it means something

Top Bottom