• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Just a reminder if Isaac isn't in the base game we need to keep pushing for DLC together no matter how unlikely it seems, the twitter campaign is gaining a strong following and I intend to keep it going until Isaac is a playable character no matter how long it takes. Golden Sun doesn't deserve to go out the way it did and as fans it's our jobs to change that

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I don't think it's safe to use any leaker, reputable or not, as proof anyone is in right now. Even the two most reliable leakers we have aren't perfect; Loz seemingly self-destructed and Vergeben's past record hasn't been that great.

Personally, I'd say the Others music tab not having any Golden Sun tracks is more tangible than anything they've said so far. Considering Motoi Sakuraba, Golden Sun's composer, has been hired on for Ultimate, it seems odd that not a single track would make it in, especially the Final Boss Theme on Norfair (Weyard on Palutena's Temple is an understandable cut). I say this is proof of either complete eradication of Golden Sun or that he's a hidden reveal with his own music tab.
There were 97 tracks on that Others tab and we don't know all of them yet. Aren't there enough stages not associated with playable characters that the Golden Sun tracks could feasibly be thrown onto one of them? They're not going to completely disappear regardless of whether Isaac is playable or not.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really don't think we should base *anything* on information we were shown in the Smash Direct. They're not going to show anything they don't want us to see, and having a new series icon there, especially for something immediately recognizable as new like say, Golden Sun, or Banjo, or whatever. Until Sakurai says "This is the final stage list" or "here's literally all the music series", I'm not going to buy into the idea he's shown us all the series. It seems silly. It *obviously* would kill any surprise if we saw a recognizable icon for a series he hasn't announced.

Masahiro "I'm going to personally **** on all the leakers" Sakurai wouldn't let something like that slip in a Direct.

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I really don't think we should base *anything* on information we were shown in the Smash Direct. They're not going to show anything they don't want us to see, and having a new series icon there, especially for something immediately recognizable as new like say, Golden Sun, or Banjo, or whatever. Until Sakurai says "This is the final stage list" or "here's literally all the music series", I'm not going to buy into the idea he's shown us all the series. It seems silly. It *obviously* would kill any surprise if we saw a recognizable icon for a series he hasn't announced.

Masahiro "I'm going to personally **** on all the leakers" Sakurai wouldn't let something like that slip in a Direct.
Lol tell that to the people who are banking that this is all the music and all the stages we are getting.

What was shown off in the direct was just a build, there still is more music to be shown.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Lol tell that to the people who are banking that this is all the music and all the stages we are getting.

What was shown off in the direct was just a build, there still is more music to be shown.
I mean that's basically what I'm doing. Those people are full of **** if they think he doesn't have any more surprises. He wouldn't be afraid to tell us when we had the final tally, if nothing else than to show off, and it'd be strange for him to do it *this early*.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I mean that's basically what I'm doing. Those people are full of **** if they think he doesn't have any more surprises. He wouldn't be afraid to tell us when we had the final tally, if nothing else than to show off, and it'd be strange for him to do it *this early*.
Plus, I heard the tense used was actually present ("the stage total is looking up to be quite large" or something like that). Even beyond that, common sense should tell people that he wouldn't discount so many possibilities four months out. It ruins hype and makes the remaining secrets more predictable.

But some people hang onto his every word like it's gospel and interpret them stronger than they should. He makes it obvious when he's stating a cold hard fact.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
It's likely that Sakurai and his minions Nintendo ninjas are well better prepared to control the flow of information than before. They learned a lot from Brawl and Smash 4 eras. He likes surprises as you can tell by his trolling attitude and the way he responded to Brawl cutscene being posted on Youtube.

That's why I'm pretty sure the actual truth is there is no leak this time, nobody knows nothing of what is to come.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Additionally with Loz
He deleted the Isaac tweets. He hasn’t said anything on him again, so he could of gotten “bad info”

I don’t know what to think,
It’s just a waiting game

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

There's just no way Sakurai would have included anything in the direct that would have outright risked spoiling a character or franchise being added to Smash, he's going to keep those things close to his chest.

The spirits mode was left in blurred because:

1. He wanted to tease the mode/feature.
2. He's not as worried about the name of a mode being leaked as he is about a character being spoiled.

That's what I make of it at least.

Not to mention there are different builds of the game, so he was likely just playing build that didn't have everything in it. Simple.

I'm kinda flabbergasted that there are even people who adamantly think there are no more stages, it's like being a Smash Bros fan has taught them absolutely nothing over the years.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Additionally with Loz
He deleted the Isaac tweets. He hasn’t said anything on him again, so he could of gotten “bad info”

I don’t know what to think,
It’s just a waiting game
LoZ isn't someone who would stay quiet if he suddenly had bad info. He would've just loudly said "OH **** LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG AGAIN" or something.

LoZ might also be completely full of ****. He's been kind of crazy lately, I wouldn't pay him any mind. I doubt he knows much besides what he got to play early from the E3 build.

There's just no way Sakurai would have included anything in the direct that would have outright risked spoiling a character or franchise being added to Smash, he's going to keep those things close to his chest.

The spirits mode was left in blurred because:

1. He wanted to tease the mode/feature.
2. He's not as worried about the name of a mode being leaked as he is about a character being spoiled.

That's what I make of it at least.

Not to mention there are different builds of the game, so he was likely just playing build that didn't have everything in it. Simple.

I'm kinda flabbergasted that there are even people who adamantly think there are no more stages, it's like being a Smash Bros fan has taught them absolutely nothing over the years.
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this is the full list of RETURNING stages and we don't get anymore. But I find it unlikely we only get 4 new stages and no additional newcomers will have a stage. It's just people trying to "predict" Sakurai based on vague statements or website layouts again.

Because that's always worked in the past. /s

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
There were 97 tracks on that Others tab and we don't know all of them yet. Aren't there enough stages not associated with playable characters that the Golden Sun tracks could feasibly be thrown onto one of them? They're not going to completely disappear regardless of whether Isaac is playable or not.
I thought when we saw the tab in he Direct that it was alphabetical (thus allowing us to confirm Golden Sun isn't there) but I checked and was wrong.

Actually, do we know how they were sorted on the Direct? It seemed pretty random to me, possibly in chronological order?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
LoZ isn't someone who would stay quiet if he suddenly had bad info. He would've just loudly said "OH **** LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG AGAIN" or something.

LoZ might also be completely full of ****. He's been kind of crazy lately, I wouldn't pay him any mind. I doubt he knows much besides what he got to play early from the E3 build.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this is the full list of RETURNING stages and we don't get anymore. But I find it unlikely we only get 4 new stages and no additional newcomers will have a stage. It's just people trying to "predict" Sakurai based on vague statements or website layouts again.

In addition, we don’t even know what stages will be in “spirit” mode.

I think people just
A) are pissed there character didn’t get in and don’t want anyone else to get in
B) there character got in and don’t want anyone else in
C) are just negative and feed off of it.

Smash is about the history of Nintendo, I think more characters the better. Yes FE is over saturated but still seeing all these Nintendo and other iconic video game characters fight is amazing.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

As disappointing as it is since I really liked the Pokefloats, Rainbow Road and Orbital Gate Assault stages I don't think we're getting anymore old stages. At least not in the base game, dlc is another story.

Think about it, there are only about 15 old stages that haven't been confirmed for Ultimate as of right now and yet during E3 and the last direct we got a huge info dump on them and some of them weren't even highlighted they were just shown off as part of the stage select screen. (like Hanenbow)

What makes the remaining 15 stages so special that they would be held back for a reveal? It doesn't make sense to me that they would keep a measly 15 stages back when they could just put them with all the others they showed off on the stage select screen.

Not to mention hasn't it already been stated that not every old stage will return? So in that case if there were still old stages to be revealed it would be even less than 15.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
As disappointing as it is since I really liked the Pokefloats, Rainbow Road and Orbital Gate Assault stages I don't think we're getting anymore old stages. At least not in the base game, dlc is another story.

Think about it, there are only about 15 old stages that haven't been confirmed for Ultimate as of right now and yet during E3 and the last direct we got a huge info dump on them and some of them weren't even highlighted they were just shown off as part of the stage select screen. (like Hanenbow)

What makes the remaining 15 stages so special that they would be held back for a reveal? It doesn't make sense to me that they would keep a measly 15 stages back when they could just put them with all the others they showed off on the stage select screen.

Not to mention hasn't it already been stated that not every old stage will return? So in that case if there were still old stages to be revealed it would be even less than 15.
Yeah, it's already been stated that not every stage would return, so I think we can safely dismiss any more returning stages until DLC. It hasn't been stated that we won't get any more new stages though, obviously, so that's definitely still on the table.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
We're still taking loz seriously? Didn't Billybae10K Billybae10K already confirm him as unreliable?

Yeah, it's already been stated that not every stage would return, so I think we can safely dismiss any more returning stages until DLC. It hasn't been stated that we won't get any more new stages though, obviously, so that's definitely still on the table.
I'm only gonna say that mute City from melee has a chance of returning, mostly because the 3DS Mute City stage is labeled as [Snes]

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well for me the next direct is September 19 and I will only believe otherwise if Nintendo says, Vergeben says, my dog says, something huge happens between today and this day, if any of these become true I will not believe, but until it happen I believe that september 19 is the next direct

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think it's important to thank Sakurai even if Isaac is an AT. Any GS representation in Ultimate should be vocally supported.

I still badly want him as a fully unique and playable fighter of course, but just seeing his model in HD would be enough for me at this point.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I definitely think it's important to thank Sakurai even if Isaac is an AT. Any GS representation in Ultimate should be vocally supported.

I still badly want him as a fully unique and playable fighter of course, but just seeing his model in HD would be enough for me at this point.
Seeing anything GS would make me happy.
I’m praying for a remake.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Seeing anything GS would make me happy.
I’m praying for a remake.
For what it's worth, you can add Jared Petty to those who think Isaac will be in the game. Not only that, he thinks we will see another Golden Sun game in the next few years.

https://youtu.be/ctT9lO0g81k

You can jump to the 1:19:00 mark to hear them talk about our boy a little. The whole video is over 2 hours of just fun Smash talk though, so I recommend it. You will definitely have some eye rolls over characters they want and/or mention though, so be warned. Lol.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The main stage I could see returning as dlc is Orbital Gate Assault. Mainly because I get the impression the main reason it's not here is due to time constraints.

Let's see....

Orbital Gate Assault - Time constraints

Rainbow Road - They took assets from Mario Kart 7 apparently so maybe it was too much work to upgrade them for Switch?

Miiverse - Pretty obvious...

Planet Zebes/Sector Z - Similar to other stages, were probably low priority.

Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) - Same as above, similar to another stage and probably low priority as a result.

Icicle Mountain/Rumble Falls - Scrolling stages, although there are still scrolling/moving stages in Ultimate so it's probably they were just low priority.

Pokefloats - I guess they just didn't like the stage, or maybe The Pokemon Company objected to representing their Pokemon with old Stadium models? Maybe it was just low priority.

Mute City (Melee) - Not sure, could have just been the case that the other two F-Zero stages were higher priority.

Pictochat/Flat Zone - Similar to other stages or were used in the creation of new stages (Flat Zone X)

Pac Maze - Probably because of the gimmick, though it is unusual that they didn't think it was important enough to rework the stage.

Jungle Hijinkx - I think the foreground/background gimmick is probably the problem. It was either conflicting with 8 player smash, stage morph or both.

Pyrosphere - The absence of Ridley is an obvious one though they could certainly rework this stage for dlc if they wanted.

Wooly World - Don't understand this one either, I guess for whatever reason it was a low priority Yoshi stage?

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
So, I got inspired by [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/403/403704.jpg?1534389659[/IMG] pholtos and just started playing Golden Sun again on the Wii U after 2? years and forgot that I never fought the final boss yet and remembered it was because I wanted to level up everyone to at least 55 for preparation of The Lost Age Transfer. They're at 35 where I last left off. Well...here goes my level grind play through.

Doing the Tempest Lizard method. Anyone know of other fast grinding methods?
Honestly, if you're planning on swapping over everyone to TLA, I would just send them over at level 40 or something. You will spend forever trying to grind up in GS1, when in TLA it'll be much more of a breeze to do with all of the secret bosses and being able to level up all 8 characters at once when they all join together. Some of the ending areas like the Mars Lighthouse or Magma Rock have adequately strong enemies and if you want to fight Dullahan, you're going to need to be over level 80 anyway if you want to stand a chance. Just my two cents.

Being an Eagles fan I got use to a lot of disappointment, however, no matter what I still supported em through thick and thin. People said it would be impossible for them to win the 2018 Super Bowl and guess what, they won, they beat the odds.

Now it’s Isaac chance, he has low odds compared to others, he hasn’t been leaked or anything. He’s got exit polls to back him up, maybe a screenshot that we are pulling straws for, however he’s got a huge supporting fan base, just like the Eagles.

So who knows, I got **** luck, Nothing ever goes my way in chance, however, if the eagles can do it I think isaac can.

Dreams and Nightmares was the Eagles theme all through the playofffs and Super Bowl, so I’m going to unofficial make it isaac theme
(The “hold on wait a minute you thought I was finished” part and the drop is just amazing, hold on you thought Golden sun was finished)
Haha, what's an Eagles fan doing in Long Island? That's got to be tough. I'm a hardcore Eagles fan and I live right outside of Philly and Isaac getting into Smash Ultimate would round out a perfect year for me. Start out the year strong and finish it strong. It will have answered all the wishes I've wanted that bug me in life. Let's all pray for sweet release.

EclairSpark

Smash Rookie
So it seems like there was a quite a bit of a mess last night, huh? Personally, I'm glad nothing was leaked, despite desperately wanting to have the anticipation come to an end, it'd be really sad if all their efforts to keep this a surprise was suddenly spoiled less than 4 months before the game comes out.

As a side note, I know everyone wants Judgment as Isaac's Final Smash but it'd be funny if we got Daedalus instead

Then we'd have (Kid) Icarus and Daedalus in Smash

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
So it seems like there was a quite a bit of a mess last night, huh? Personally, I'm glad nothing was leaked, despite desperately wanting to have the anticipation come to an end, it'd be really sad if all their efforts to keep this a surprise was suddenly spoiled less than 4 months before the game comes out.

As a side note, I know everyone wants Judgment as Isaac's Final Smash but it'd be funny if we got Daedalus instead

Then we'd have (Kid) Icarus and Daedalus in Smash
Now we just need a Labyrinth stage or one where if you fly too high on the stage the sun burns you and knocks you back down.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, Judgment or Iris would be 100% Isaac Summon Final Smash
Grand Gaia or Odyssey would be his Psyenergy based Final Smash
Titan's blade or Megiddo would be his weapon unleash based Final Smash
or he will play Shulk game and call his party as his Final Smash
either way we have 7 possible Final Smash for Isaac

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally, I'd say the Others music tab not having any Golden Sun tracks is more tangible than anything they've said so far. Considering Motoi Sakuraba, Golden Sun's composer, has been hired on for Ultimate, it seems odd that not a single track would make it in, especially the Final Boss Theme on Norfair (Weyard on Palutena's Temple is an understandable cut). I say this is proof of either complete eradication of Golden Sun or that he's a hidden reveal with his own music tab.
We didn't see the entire Others music tab. Sakurai barely showed what was in there. Only about the first page and a half or so.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I can be slow on the uptake, but what's Verge said about Isaac?
Nothing yet, he only made a post on Gamefaqs telling people not to discount Isaac's chances and that Golden Sun was more important than people think.

Basically defending the series.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
What are the chances of another Nintendo studio, say Monolith Soft, adopting the Golden Sun IP? 0? Vanishingly low? High?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
What are the chances of another Nintendo studio, say Monolith Soft, adopting the Golden Sun IP? 0? Vanishingly low? High?
The Takahashi brothers are very much adamant about their series, and I don't think they'll let someone adopt it so easily.

However, there is still a possibility of a collaboration. Camelot and Bandai Namco collaborated on Sports mix. So it's definitely possible.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
The main stage I could see returning as dlc is Orbital Gate Assault. Mainly because I get the impression the main reason it's not here is due to time constraints.

Let's see....

Orbital Gate Assault - Time constraints

Rainbow Road - They took assets from Mario Kart 7 apparently so maybe it was too much work to upgrade them for Switch?

Miiverse - Pretty obvious...

Planet Zebes/Sector Z - Similar to other stages, were probably low priority.

Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) - Same as above, similar to another stage and probably low priority as a result.

Icicle Mountain/Rumble Falls - Scrolling stages, although there are still scrolling/moving stages in Ultimate so it's probably they were just low priority.

Pokefloats - I guess they just didn't like the stage, or maybe The Pokemon Company objected to representing their Pokemon with old Stadium models? Maybe it was just low priority.

Mute City (Melee) - Not sure, could have just been the case that the other two F-Zero stages were higher priority.

Pictochat/Flat Zone - Similar to other stages or were used in the creation of new stages (Flat Zone X)

Pac Maze - Probably because of the gimmick, though it is unusual that they didn't think it was important enough to rework the stage.

Jungle Hijinkx - I think the foreground/background gimmick is probably the problem. It was either conflicting with 8 player smash, stage morph or both.

Pyrosphere - The absence of Ridley is an obvious one though they could certainly rework this stage for dlc if they wanted.

Wooly World - Don't understand this one either, I guess for whatever reason it was a low priority Yoshi stage?
imo i think they'll make a Pokefloats 2, update it with newer pokemon and better models

Mute City melee seems likely considering the Mute City from 3ds is called "Mute City SNES"

Pac Maze feels really odd to remove, i dont think the gimmick is the problem because the NSMB2 stage works just fine

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Haha, what's an Eagles fan doing in Long Island? That's got to be tough. I'm a hardcore Eagles fan and I live right outside of Philly and Isaac getting into Smash Ultimate would round out a perfect year for me. Start out the year strong and finish it strong. It will have answered all the wishes I've wanted that bug me in life. Let's all pray for sweet release.

Born and raised in LI. Growing up everyone was a Giants/Yankee fan or Mets/Jets however, I really loved the city of Phily. The history and what not. So When I started to watch football I picked the eagles as my team. It's been a long ride, but in the end it was worth it. Additionally it was worth going to the parade in Disney. I couldn;t make it out to Philly sadly

However I agree, this would finish the year off good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHiqW8O0TAY

Could you imagine a GS remake or if the GBA games come on the online service? Having these battles would be dope!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I don't think we would receive the GS remake with the online service... but for sure we would get GS in the "Free games with online" thing

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'd like Camelot to be able to use the original Shining Force characters from SEGA, but the assets they've made are owned by Sony and SEGA (remember that they made a game on the PlayStation called "Beyond the Beyond"), and on top of that, the Project X Zone games utilized Shining Force characters that were made after Shining Force III when the license went to a new developer.

So, if ever a PxZ 3 is made, I'd love to see a combination of Golden Sun & the original Shining Force storyline represented.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So this is pretty much unrelated to anything discussed here but I had a funny dream today.

Apparently there was a 3DS Direct of sorts which baffled me because it was hardly ever talked about in said Direct and the first thing that happened was a Golden Sun reveal for the Switch (in a 3DS Direct apparently lol). Along with the announcement was a verbal confirmation that Isaac would be in Smash Bros Ultimate but they never showed any trailers or footage of that which really puzzled me. The rest of the Direct was pretty boring mobile stuff IIRC.

Just imaging something like this happening IRL would be hysterical lmao!
Oh yeah, also congrats on surpassing 9000 posts!!! HERE'S TO GOING EVEN FURTHER BEYOND FOR THE BOY
Funny you say this given that Isaac's hairstyle is almost exactly the same as Gohan's from the Cell Games arc lol. Even more so when he's an SSJ.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
So this is pretty much unrelated to anything discussed here but I had a funny dream today.

Apparently there was a 3DS Direct of sorts which baffled me because it was hardly ever talked about in said Direct and the first thing that happened was a Golden Sun reveal for the Switch (in a 3DS Direct apparently lol). Along with the announcement was a verbal confirmation that Isaac would be in Smash Bros Ultimate but they never showed any trailers or footage of that which really puzzled me. The rest of the Direct was pretty boring mobile stuff IIRC.

Just imaging something like this happening IRL would be hysterical lmao!

Funny you say this given that Isaac's hairstyle is almost exactly the same as Gohan's from the Cell Games arc lol. Even more so when he's an SSJ.
Man lotsa people having dreams about Isaac getting confirmed can't wait for the real thing

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys which "Boxing ring title" you think Isaac will get?
Link updated his to "Champion of Hyrule" I think Isaac would have "Warrior of Vale"

Top Bottom