• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
oh ok... Well lets say something about the Demo thing of today
if the Demo was in your hands AND you could datamine it... what would you do?
I would make a fake leak using half unbeliable truth and half belieable lies (Like... Guys Geno and Skull Kid are in the game but Geno is a AT)
honestly i'd just reveal who the characters are, but tell people in a way where it seems like i'm making a really fake leak, then they'd think im psychic or something when i'm getting all the character predictions right

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Wow the Smash ultimate discussion has been closed. Happy this place made it
Wait, what? What did I miss?

Edit: Holy ****. I don’t think I’ll ever trust someone with a Geno avatar ever again.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I got inspired by pholtos pholtos and just started playing Golden Sun again on the Wii U after 2? years and forgot that I never fought the final boss yet and remembered it was because I wanted to level up everyone to at least 55 for preparation of The Lost Age Transfer. They're at 35 where I last left off. Well...here goes my level grind play through.

Doing the Tempest Lizard method. Anyone know of other fast grinding methods?

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Imagine how much this thread would explode if Sakurai just randomly drops Isaac’s trailer.
It would make the growth this thread has seen since the last Direct and Rathalos look like a minor blip.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So, I got inspired by pholtos pholtos and just started playing Golden Sun again on the Wii U after 2? years and forgot that I never fought the final boss yet and remembered it was because I wanted to level up everyone to at least 55 for preparation of The Lost Age Transfer. They're at 35 where I last left off. Well...here goes my level grind play through.

Doing the Tempest Lizard method. Anyone know of other fast grinding methods?
That and Lure Cap Venus Lighthouse Psy Stone room are like the only ones I'm familiar with.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
So, there's a direct for Dragalia Lost happening tomorrow.

Now, what's of note isn't the direct, since that hasn't happened yet.

No, what's really of crucial note here is the fact that we've gotten two Nindies directs back to back, and now we're getting a direct focused on a phone game coming out at the end of the month.

What this tells us is that Nintendo is coming out of the woodwork and announcing all they can.

Our general direct could be sooner than we thought.

KMDP

Smash Legend
So... fell asleep after the Nindie direct... and woke up to huge drama (and, like, 30 pages) in the Main Discussion thread.

Wonderful. ¬_¬

Were the new fake dataminer and the drama in (and subsequent lockdown of) the Ultimate Discussion thread related?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It would make the growth this thread has seen since the last Direct and Rathalos look like a minor blip.
The Shantae thread had around 250 people viewing when a Nindies direct that was 99.9% certain to not have Smash news was being aired. If Isaac is revealed to be playable, I genuinely would not be surprised to see this thread hit 400 viewers.

So... fell asleep after the Nindie direct... and woke up to huge drama (and, like, 30 pages) in the Main Discussion thread.

Wonderful. ¬_¬

Were the new fake dataminer and the drama in (and subsequent lockdown of) the Ultimate Discussion thread related?
He was the one who caused the drama.

So, there's a direct for Dragalia Lost happening tomorrow.

Now, what's of note isn't the direct, since that hasn't happened yet.

No, what's really of crucial note here is the fact that we've gotten two Nindies directs back to back, and now we're getting a direct focused on a phone game coming out at the end of the month.

What this tells us is that Nintendo is coming out of the woodwork and announcing all they can.

Our general direct could be sooner than we thought.
Seriously?! It's not necessarily a surprise since a September direct was pretty likely, but this is making it seem like we'll get it within the first few days of the month.

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Doesn't look like it. Looks like there was some s****y behavior going on in the Ultimate thread.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman

Wonderful. ¬_¬

That's what I gathered, was around for most of it. Guy said he had a demo version, showed pictures, was found out to be a faker and a couple other things were revealed about him, stuff blew up about it.

Enchess

Smash Lord

Wonderful. ¬_¬

Yes, someone brought up postings made by the person on other sites which led to the escalation. I'm not gonna go into it deeper.

On the Dragalia Lost direct, that's really interesting. I wouldn't have thought they'd do another direct for at least a few weeks.

KMDP

Smash Legend
He was the one who caused the drama.
That's what I gathered, was around for most of it. Guy said he had a demo version, showed pictures, was found out to be a faker and a couple other things were revealed about him, stuff blew up about it.
Yes, someone brought up postings made by the person on other sites which led to the escalation. I'm not gonna go into it deeper.

On the Dragalia Lost direct, that's really interesting. I wouldn't have thought they'd do another direct for at least a few weeks.
This is what I figured. Nice to have confirmation, Thanks.

Last edited:

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
So what are our predictions for the next Direct? Like when will it be and who will we see revealed for Smash?

ZelDan

Smash Master
I have no issues with Isaac using his sword as long as psynergy is still a large part of his moveset. I even had the idea of him combining earth psynergy with his sword attacks in my moveset idea.

While Isaac is most definitely not a "HURR DURR JUST ANOTHER TYPICAL ANIME SWORDFIGHTER" character, I never really got the "Isaac never even uses his sword!" argument either...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Are they really doing ANOTHER direct?
How many directs can Nintendo have in a week's worth timespan?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So what are our predictions for the next Direct? Like when will it be and who will we see revealed for Smash?
I won't dare to guess who, because with not much time left until launch, they could decide to throw anybody up there and it would work.

As for when... I thought mid-September before (12th was my guess), but now it seems like we could get it the week before, like around the 5th or so. Makes me think that Isaac has a genuine possibility to be revealed in the next week, and that thought is surreal.

I have no issues with Isaac using his sword as long as psynergy is still a large part of his moveset. I even had the idea of him combining earth psynergy with his sword attacks in my moveset idea.

While Isaac is most definitely not a "HURR DURR JUST ANOTHER TYPICAL ANIME SWORDFIGHTER" character, I never really got the "Isaac never even uses his sword!" argument either...
He has enough potential where he doesn't even have to use his sword at all if you really wanted it. You could focus on Psynergy, Djinn, terraforming, and even a mix of the above. He'd be one of the most difficult to call a "generic anime swordsman" once seen in action. However, I do think there should be a jab and a few tilts that uses the Gaia Blade.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
On the Isaac sword topic, he has a sword in the games he should use his sword for his normal attacks, jab dash tilts and aerials. I think adding psynergy to most of his attacks is a great way to have them stand out

ZelDan

Smash Master
I won't dare to guess who, because with not much time left until launch, they could decide to throw anybody up there and it would work.

As for when... I thought mid-September before (12th was my guess), but now it seems like we could get it the week before, like around the 5th or so. Makes me think that Isaac has a genuine possibility to be revealed in the next week, and that thought is surreal.

He has enough potential where he doesn't even have to use his sword at all if you really wanted it. You could focus on Psynergy, Djinn, terraforming, and even a mix of the above. He'd be one of the most difficult to call a "generic anime swordsman" once seen in action. However, I do think there should be a jab and a few tilts that uses the Gaia Blade.
You could hypothetically make a moveset for Isaac where he doesn't use his sword, sure, but that wouldn't really feel right when swords (and other weapons) are a part of the series, and when Isaac having a sword on him is part of his character design. That and most people are porbably going to be using swords and other weapons when playing Golden Sun, unless you're doing a PP only run like that one user here is (sorry I don't remember the username right now)

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
You could hypothetically make a moveset for Isaac where he doesn't use his sword, sure, but that wouldn't really feel right when swords (and other weapons) are a part of the series, and when Isaac having a sword on him is part of his character design. That and most people are porbably going to be using swords and other weapons when playing Golden Sun, unless you're doing a PP only run like that one user here is (sorry I don't remember the username right now)
pholtos pholtos

alguidrag

Smash Ace
The Shantae thread had around 250 people viewing when a Nindies direct that was 99.9% certain to not have Smash news was being aired. If Isaac is revealed to be playable, I genuinely would not be surprised to see this thread hit 400 viewers.

just 400? Man... if Isaac get anounced, this thread will break the Smashboards, we're alredy the biggest yet to be confirmed one! If we are confirmed... WE WILL REACH THE SUN ITSELF!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Yeah, not a big fan of having Isaac become the next Ganondorf where his sword is more of a prop than a tool he uses. The irony of imagining people screaming for Isaac to use his sword MORE.

Jab, tilts, dash attack, and maybe an aerial or two could suffice on his swordplay. There's a fine line between "too little sword" and "too much sword" that I'm confident Sakurai would find the middle ground on, and I believe what I listed is a good spot for that.

just 400? Man... if Isaac get anounced, this thread will break the Smashboards, we're alredy the biggest yet to be confirmed one! If we are confirmed... WE WILL REACH THE SUN ITSELF!
The servers would melt and crash from how brightly the sun would shine!

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Praise the sun!

...Wait wrong series.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Yeah the Waluigi fan base really irks me. Especially since many of them are just doing it for the memes and disregarding the fact that he’s been deconfirmed.

Haven’t seen a fan base this annoying since Ridley.
It sucks too, Waluigi is my 2nd most wanted after Isaac. I genuinely like the character but now if I tell people I want him in I feel shame.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
It sucks too, Waluigi is my 2nd most wanted after Isaac. I genuinely like the character but now if I tell people I want him in I feel shame.
I feel the same way. Dixie Kong and him not being in still boggles my mind. Neither is high on my most wanted list, but it just throws me that neither is playable. They feel like no-brainers.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Don't feel shame man. Overall, Waluigi is my most wanted newcomer along with Dixie, Banjo-Kazooie, and Isaac. It sucks that people keep repeating over and over again like a broken record that Waluigi is "a meme character". I have always enjoyed Waluigi ever since the beginning 18 years ago back in 2000. At least MarioKing64DS's Waluigi mod in Brawl is absolutely fantastic.

I believe Dixie and Isaac are two characters that are the most likely at this point IMO. Dixie is one of the more iconic characters left from the 90s and Isaac has been notable for about 15 years.

Last edited:

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Don't feel shame man. Overall, Waluigi is my most wanted newcomer along with Dixie, Banjo-Kazooie, and Isaac. It sucks that people keep repeating over and over again like a broken record that Waluigi is "a meme character". I have always enjoyed Waluigi ever since the beginning 18 years ago back in 2000. At least MarioKing64DS's Waluigi mod in Brawl is absolutely fantastic.

I believe Dixie and Isaac are two characters that are the most likely at this point IMO. Dixie is one of the more iconic characters left from the 90s and Isaac has been notable for about 15 years.
Yeah I love Waluigi, not as much as I love Wario but I was excited to main Wario and secondary Waluigi if he came in and not Isaac. Dynamic duo :^)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, I feel more bad because I genuinely see a lot of media personalities trying to manipulate the fanbase by saying he has a "chance now to be in base game."

(Granted, I feel like Sakurai might just be having a hard time adapting anything that can be specific to waluigi. He's never really a star of any game...except dance dance Mario revolution.)

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Waluigi is in the same boat Daisy used to be in.

Not a character I really want in Smash, but wouldn't really be mad at their inclusion either once you get past meme stuff or the less desirable parts of their fanbases.

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I feel more bad because I genuinely see a lot of media personalities trying to manipulate the fanbase by saying he has a "chance now to be in base game."

(Granted, I feel like Sakurai might just be having a hard time adapting anything that can be specific to waluigi. He's never really a star of any game...except dance dance Mario revolution.)
I just always assumed he would rep the Mario spin off games

Enchess

Smash Lord
My mind continues to be blown by Waluigi's popularity. He was always that character nobody ever chose when I was growing up. If anyone did pick him, it was to disgrace opponent, like picking Pichu in Melee. There's also still a large number of unrepresented first parties to choose from. Feels like a Mandela Effect. Have we really always lived in a world where he wasn't the most hated Nintendo character?

Anyway, I thought I was in the general discussion board until I double checked after writing that. To get back on topic, Isaac is awesome. He should use his sword, but only for tilts in my opinion. Too many worthy non-sword moves to pick just 4 for specials.

Top Bottom