• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo knows all about datamines, they wouldn't put anything out for the public that would spoil anything.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So I just checked the official site for today's update, saw the word "Island" first, and nearly had a heart attack as my brain read it as "Isaac". Thank goodness it turned out to be something completely unrelated.

...that's all I got, you can go back to speculating over a potential demo datamine. ;)

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Well they struck hard with the esrb leak, but the internet being the internet, it was too late.

However the original source of the videos all got removed, which sealed the deal in a lot of peoples' eyes. So now you see leakers removing their own leaks to make it seem like the ninjas got to them. They ain't do that before. :p
Or they really did get got and the ninjas left a decoy to post for them so no one knows they are dead?!?! ......*pulls off foil hat*

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea how to feel about all this.

One part of me really needs to know, and the other part doesn’t because it doesn’t think I can handle such a blunt truth.

I really hope it’s fake, honestly.

On another topic, how would this person even get their hands on this? Would they have to nab a whole switch or just a card? We’re they directly involved with Nintendo?

N1N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Liamdude11
3DS FC
0791-4680-8645
This is crazy. I'm already pretty convinced by the Rathalos screenshot, but seeing a game data confirmation would be really cool. I already see Isaac coming, but that probably won't stop me from having a hype reaction to his trailer anyway.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
This is crazy. I'm already pretty convinced by the Rathalos screenshot, but seeing a game data confirmation would be really cool. I already see Isaac coming, but that probably won't stop me from having a hype reaction to his trailer anyway.
I mean we still have the Hype of his moveset, his look, his final smash.

There is still a lot more hype to come

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Let me just make a few things clear:

I will NOT **** over Nintendo.

I love Nintendo and mean NO harm by this, I figure since it’s the e3 demo there’s no harm playing it a bit with the opportunity I have and sharing the questions I can reasonably answer.

So don’t worry.

Don’t think we will get a datamine, oh well! Back to waiting for Isaac

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I just read that too. The entire reddit thread is basically answering questions relating to character specific things or movement techniques or questions people had about the game in general. Ignoring everything that asks them about datamining or giving them info. So if you want to know about wavedashing or if pikachu still wall jumps, go right ahead. For final roster and ATs and music, we go back to waiting.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ugh that's so disappointing. Why even reveal you took the dang thing if you aren't going to datamine and share info with the community.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Sooooo i check the thread and even a mod has stated that the dudes legit. Guess we only have to wait for datamined detail now.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Ugh that's so disappointing. Why even reveal you took the dang thing if you aren't going to datamine and share info with the community.
I'm guessing to have movesets be described.

But honestly, given how much baggage that guy has, I'd rather just let someone else leak it.

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? I'm glad nothing is going to get spoiled this way.
Why ruin something made with such love and care?

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
He/she was also apparently a huge racist or something.
They were also on some podcast and made up fake stuff in the past.

Soooooo
Another one bites the dust.

Oh well. Time will tell

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
did some sluthing of my own and found someone else who noted it was fake.

False alarm people, false alarm.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He/she was also apparently a huge racist or something.
They were also on some podcast and made up fake stuff in the past.

Soooooo
Another one bites the dust.

Oh well. Time will tell
Yup. He's like a BIG racist.

I can't believe one of the mods here backed him up on his legitimacy.

And I know Sakurai wants to surprise the fans.

But. I just want this to end, so I can get back to regular life without any worries.

THE TemporaryFool

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4355-9441-8851
Yup. He's like a BIG racist.

I can't believe one of the mods here backed him up on his legitimacy.

And I know Sakurai wants to surprise the fans.

But. I just want this to end, so I can get back to regular life without any worries.
Anyone can get fooled by a particularly good hoax

ZelDan

Smash Master
So how was it confirmed fake BTW? DId he have some other accounts he made that asked for the Bayo/Snake taunting and the sheik/Villager vid?

tveye

Smash Journeyman
So how was it confirmed fake BTW? DId he have some other accounts he made that asked for the Bayo/Snake taunting and the sheik/Villager vid?
No, he was playing it at a demo booth and just taking pics with his phone.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Yeah that was a huge waste of time, and a total idiot if you ask me. Who cares if he even had the demo for real if he was gonna say that he wouldn't datamine it or anything interesting lol that's just like a kid showing off for a toy he stole, if anything. Dumbest act i've seen, even some 4chan leaks have been more interesting than this.

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
The tv that the footage was on was from the Nintendo booths.

Honestly, I thought it weird the entire time. The dude in the comment asking for footage actually asked for "five seconds of video", and yet he got a screenshot. I then asked why he would take 25 minutes between clearly seeing the question and posting his response, and then asked for the original request, the five seconds of video, to be shown.

If he was prepared to show a screenshot and the user asked for footage, it makes sense why he would be eager to post his screenshot instead of video; he had that prepared.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Yeah that was a huge waste of time, and a total idiot if you ask me. Who cares if he even had the demo for real if he was gonna say that he wouldn't datamine it or anything interesting lol that's just like a kid showing off for a toy he stole, if anything. Dumbest act i've seen, even some 4chan leaks have been more interesting than this.
I honestly feel like if anyone had the demo, they would of dateminded it, taken videos and photos and post it all in one spot

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
This could be made into a good Golden Sun comic. The internet used *Reveal*! Probably should have been suspicious from the very beginning... considering that Nintendo is watching all of this stuff like hawks. How could you possibly walk away with a Switch from an event like that and not be discovered? Those are the only places that the game has been displayed. It's not like copies of Smash Ultimate Demo are growing on your front lawn.

It is hard to fight desire though. The temptation for truth can overwhelm the truth of temptation.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
A huge waste of everyone's time.

Not even worth the somewhat huge amounts of fame he had gotten for a split second.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Not surprised about that because it was merely for attention. It would have been better to be honest about it than pretending to leak.

Top Bottom