• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Welp back to supporting Isaac we go until the next possible leak lol

So Isaac’s possible moveset amiright guys?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I'm stuck between if Isaac's idle stance would be like his battle sprite in golden sun, or more like his AT and SSF2.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I hope Isaac's moveset has a nice balance between ground moves, plant moves, and "movement" psynergy(ie move, force).

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow! I just missed a big roller coaster here, but looks like the climax of it was disappointing.

Honestly, I wasn't too worried about a datamine of a demo. If Nintendo AND Sakurai have learned anything in the past, they wouldn't have been that careless if a situation like this occurred. It probably wouldn't have anything new. I would, however, have been shocked if the likes of K. Rool, Simon, etc. we're in there.

That's just my 2 cents there.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
People are going to call him that regardless.
Exactly. Plus I honestly feel like swordplay is almost as important. His Smash attacks could easily be weapon unleashes.

Isaac is honestly closer to a typical battlemage than even Robin. While not a true master of the sword he can use it efficiently enough.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Plus I honestly feel like swordplay is almost as important. His Smash attacks could easily be weapon unleashes.

Isaac is honestly closer to a typical battlemage than even Robin. While not a true master of the sword he can use it efficiently enough.
I'd be fine with smashes or tilts using the sword or a couple aerials and maybe the jab. None of his specials really seem fitting for sword use when you have so many psynergy options.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So... the Demo guy was fake? Man... I wanted the ultimatum...
but okay... its less than a month before the September 19 direct that will reveal Isaac and Felix

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
Wow the Smash ultimate discussion has been closed. Happy this place made it

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Stoic is at it again!
I always love seeing stuff like this! Makes you realize how well Isaac would fit in with the smash crowd.

Anyway, as for a move set, I’m also in the boat where I hope his sword isn’t utilized too heavily. Isaac is shown to be just decent with a sword, moreso known for his psynergy. His sword doesn’t define him or Golden Sun really, his psynergy does.

Other characters who use their sword mainly like Link or Shulk are both known for their skill with a sword. Isaac on the other hand, his most impressive stuff is with psynergy.

I’m thinking he’ll use his sword for a jab and possibly a few tilts and aerials, but not much else. They could also do what Ganondorf does where he uses his sword but doesn’t actually have it on him at all times, instead just pulling it out for the moves he needs it.

Blue7113

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW650454463802
"What? Seriously? I know that thread is massive but what could they have possibly done-"

"Oh. Oh. Yeah, that'll do it."

Wonder where they'll go in the meantime.
Yeah it was crazy I’m happy you missed it. I’d rather not discuss it but it’s a good teaching moment I guess

alguidrag

Smash Ace
oh ok... Well lets say something about the Demo thing of today
if the Demo was in your hands AND you could datamine it... what would you do?
I would make a fake leak using half unbeliable truth and half belieable lies (Like... Guys Geno and Skull Kid are in the game but Geno is a AT)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I would make a fake leak using half unbeliable truth and half belieable lies (Like... Guys Geno and Skull Kid are in the game but Geno is a AT)
In a heartbeat. I want to know everything I can as quickly as possible and not have to wait on when Sakurai decides to grace us with info.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The smash ultimate discussion was closed?

LOOOOOL. Took long enough. That place was gonna go haywire once a political matter was brought up. Adding that to an already argumentative thread, and there ya go. You got a disaster waiting to happen.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I would datamine it, prove I had done so, then do two truths and a lie. Leave some uncertainty while revealing info, but don't give too much and ruin everything.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Normally, I'd say trickle out tidbits of info at a very slow pace, like once every month or so. Though with probably only 2 Smash presentations left and no knowledge on who gets revealed when, I'd probably not be able to prove much before the final reveal anyways. I might just throw everything up on GameFAQs and 4chan just to watch how opinions will shift from "LOL FAKE" to "X CONFIRMED" in no time flat.

Either that or I'll mix in an equal amount of false info with real info to make people rack their brains around and wonder, "IS HE LEGIT OR NOT?!". It'd probably gain the reputation of Gematsu at that point.

Maybe I'll go under a memorable nickname so that the leak would always have to be referred to as such like that "Toenail" guy a few days back.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Man only 6 posts away from the 9000 mark
Edit Well 5 I mean

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Man only 6 posts away from the 9000 mark
Edit Well 5 I mean
I sense a very old meme approaching once we hit #9,001.

Does anybody remember the exact page we were on when the August direct hit? I think it was around the high 60s, wasn't it? That's... quite a jump.

Do you guys think they'd reveal a fighter the way they did with Robin?
With a September Nintendo direct including the online service and a November Smash direct both being very likely, the only time where it might work is October. I don't think it's "likely", but it's a real possibility.

Top Bottom