• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
That Isaac render actually fits the ultimate render style pretty well and that Ken actually seems pretty accurate to Ryu's render style when you compare them.

ZelDan

Smash Master
But it's kinda strange that his position changes a lot. In Kirby's adventure, he's like a main villain, but he gives you health and power ups on the stage.

Meta knight is kinda strange in that regard.
I don't know if I consider Meta Kight a villain in that game. I feel like he might have been trying to stop Kirby from unleashing nightmare like Dedede?

or maybe not. I've never actually considered Meta's motivation in that game before...

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I'm waiting for the text leak where like the guy starts his post off with how he used to be a NOA and went to japan on a buisiness trip, then decided to hide in the sewers under sakurai's house and like went through his garbage every night and found a piece of paper with the final roster on it but it's taken him so long to leak it because he got caught that night by sakurai peeking out his window and had to run from the japanese military and the reason he can't upload a picture of this piece of paper (which now has sakurai's signature on it of course) is becuase he's using Dial up internet because in order to escape the Ninteninja's he had to go back to the past and while he was there he handed this piece of paper to Sakurai with the final roster while he was working on Smash 64. Sakurai thought this man was crazy so he told the man that Waluigi would NEVER be in smash as a playable character and the final roster of Smash ultimate will basically be Ridley Chrom K. Rool Dark samus Inkling Isaac Geno Banjo Kazooie Skull Kid Ken Shadow the Hedgehog and mirror B as the pokemon rep from Pokemon gale of Darkness. He'll then finish his leak with "Take it or leave it/ Believe it if you want to".

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm waiting for the text leak where like the guy starts his post off with how he used to be a NOA and went to japan on a buisiness trip, then decided to hide in the sewers under sakurai's house and like went through his garbage every night and found a piece of paper with the final roster on it but it's taken him so long to leak it because he got caught that night by sakurai peeking out his window and had to run from the japanese military and the reason he can't upload a picture of this piece of paper (which now has sakurai's signature on it of course) is becuase he's using Dial up internet because in order to escape the Ninteninja's he had to go back to the past and while he was there he handed this piece of paper to Sakurai with the final roster while he was working on Smash 64. Sakurai thought this man was crazy so he told the man that Waluigi would NEVER be in smash as a playable character and the final roster of Smash ultimate will basically be Ridley Chrom K. Rool Dark samus Inkling Isaac Geno Banjo Kazooie Skull Kid Ken Shadow the Hedgehog and mirror B as the pokemon rep from Pokemon gale of Darkness. He'll then finish his leak with "Take it or leave it/ Believe it if you want to".
>Guys I went to sakurai's office. I found these on his desk.
>Isaac will be an assist trophy.
>Bandana Dee will be a boss.
>Skull Kid is cut forever.
>Custom robo...eh. Who the **** cares? Lol
>Goku and evil "evil" Goku take up 4 slots.
>Paper mario is Mario's up b.
>Sora appears as a stage.
>Pokefloats 44 returns.
> Dr. Luigi is the only echo left.
>Don't believe me, or believe me. IDC!!!!!!

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Wait! He forgot to shake Sakurai's hand... Gotta get back... Back to the past!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Guys I have a awesome idea for Isaac's trailer

First we will see some smashers in a ancient structure, fighting between themselfs like Palutena's trailer
when they're climbing the tower we can see some... familiar things... they reached close to the Sumit of Venus Lighthouse.
While they're fighting we can see 2 shadows in the background clashing swords and other things... a real Swordsman Earthbender battle

one of the smashers trip and almost fell of the top of Venus Lighthouse... just when he was about to fall a Ghostly hand picks him up and drag him back to the Lighthouse... the smasher look for who did it and he sees a Young blond boy with his hands lifted as he as casting someting... its Isaac, he readys his sword and poses to the Splash art.... "Isaac Lends a Hand!" after that we go to a quickly clip of him in the real game, then we go back with the sound of claps and a voice saying "Bravo Isaac, you saved them... but you lost today" as Isaac looks to the source of this voice a green gem is tossed in the center of the Lighthouse... the beacon was lit... a young man with long hair ready his sword and when the beacon is completely lit his splash art appears "Felix Lights his way!" and we see a short gameplay of Felix... ending with him clashing with Isaac and both gone to separated ways... Isaac falls close to 3 smashers that look like his party and the same happens to Felix... and the 2 groups engage!

the trailer will end with a maniac laugh

N1N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Liamdude11
3DS FC
0791-4680-8645
Guys I have a awesome idea for Isaac's trailer

First we will see some smashers in a ancient structure, fighting between themselfs like Palutena's trailer
when they're climbing the tower we can see some... familiar things... they reached close to the Sumit of Venus Lighthouse.
While they're fighting we can see 2 shadows in the background clashing swords and other things... a real Swordsman Earthbender battle

one of the smashers trip and almost fell of the top of Venus Lighthouse... just when he was about to fall a Ghostly hand picks him up and drag him back to the Lighthouse... the smasher look for who did it and he sees a Young blond boy with his hands lifted as he as casting someting... its Isaac, he readys his sword and poses to the Splash art.... "Isaac Lends a Hand!" after that we go to a quickly clip of him in the real game, then we go back with the sound of claps and a voice saying "Bravo Isaac, you saved them... but you lost today" as Isaac looks to the source of this voice a green gem is tossed in the center of the Lighthouse... the beacon was lit... a young man with long hair ready his sword and when the beacon is completely lit his splash art appears "Felix Lights his way!" and we see a short gameplay of Felix... ending with him clashing with Isaac and both gone to separated ways... Isaac falls close to 3 smashers that look like his party and the same happens to Felix... and the 2 groups engage!

the trailer will end with a maniac laugh
0/10 you forgot the mandatory fighter death

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
A part of me wants Miis to stay in forever just so Sakurai can point to them whenever someone brings up Goku, Shrek, or some other "4th party" character

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
All I hope for in Isaac's reveal is that at the end, Master Hand shows up and challenges Isaac. Then Isaac summons out his Giant Psynergy Hand to Fist Bump/Have a Thumb War/Stop Master Hand's attack. Seriously, this is such an amazing opportunity!

Come on, Sakurai! You know that would be perfect! And Viridi to crush on Isaac for being an Earth Adept in a Palutena's Guidance scene.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
You know I think with the Krool intro being Titled "Rivals" makes a Felix echo more likely, he was never really the villain of GS but classifying him as Isaac's Rival seems fitting.
I mean if you think about it, Golden Sun has several antagonists, but only one villain. It’s one of the reasons why I love the game so much.
Felix, Saturos, Menardi and the rest of the Proxians aren’t evil. They’re just extremists. Alex is the villain. And you don’t even get to fight the *******. Kind of a let down TBH.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That render leak is really giving me ESRB leak vibes. Similarly cropped with similar fuzziness and similar lighting issues (which could explain Isaac's hair, though that color also fits his battle sprite extremely well). There's even a question mark just like what happened with Mewtwo, which tells me it might be an imitation.

It's suspicious to me since the ESRB leak happened because it was a review copy a few weeks out. This would be a few months out and somehow, they got their hands on a (near) final roster. I don't even know what that sliver of blue is on Shadow's render, either. I would think another character but the next person in line would be Dedede, who would show red.

However, the renders do fit Ultimate's style to a t (Ken in particular is the exact same style as Ryu), and nobody has found any of the source renders. So at the very least, somebody is pulling a Smashified on us. Maybe we'll just have to wait it out until the next reveal and we'll see if the characters and renders match up. It would be good for our golden boy!

tveye

Smash Journeyman
I’m also not sure how to feel about Bandana Dee. I just... maybe it’s because I’m not a Kirby guy so I just don’t see the appeal. I mean... he’s a Waddle Dee with a spear. Neat I suppose...
He's a main character in the Kirby series. A lot of people who don't play the games keep spreading this whole "hat Goomba" meme, but he's actually an important character (despite his lack of a name, though technically Meta Knight doesn't really have a name either...).

I think he deserves to be in at this point. He would balance out the four heroes of the Kirby series (Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandanna Waddle Dee).

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
He's a main character in the Kirby series. A lot of people who don't play the games keep spreading this whole "hat Goomba" meme, but he's actually an important character (despite his lack of a name, though technically Meta Knight doesn't really have a name either...).

I think he deserves to be in at this point. He would balance out the four heroes of the Kirby series (Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Bandanna Waddle Dee).
I'm honestly surprised if Bandanadee is in, but Galacta knight isnt.

*apperently Meta Knight has a skin for GK now. Which blows, because he's one of my favorite bosses. :(*

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
That render leak is really giving me ESRB leak vibes. Similarly cropped with similar fuzziness and similar lighting issues (which could explain Isaac's hair, though that color also fits his battle sprite extremely well). There's even a question mark just like what happened with Mewtwo, which tells me it might be an imitation.

It's suspicious to me since the ESRB leak happened because it was a review copy a few weeks out. This would be a few months out and somehow, they got their hands on a (near) final roster. I don't even know what that sliver of blue is on Shadow's render, either. I would think another character but the next person in line would be Dedede, who would show red.

However, the renders do fit Ultimate's style to a t (Ken in particular is the exact same style as Ryu), and nobody has found any of the source renders. So at the very least, somebody is pulling a Smashified on us. Maybe we'll just have to wait it out until the next reveal and we'll see if the characters and renders match up. It would be good for our golden boy!
Which leak was that? Must have missed that one.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
It's suspicious to me since the ESRB leak happened because it was a review copy a few weeks out. This would be a few months out and somehow, they got their hands on a (near) final roster. I don't even know what that sliver of blue is on Shadow's render, either. I would think another character but the next person in line would be Dedede, who would show red.!
That "sliver of blue" is the HUD background. Shadow is supposed to be in the Player 2 slot.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Who is the girl in the top left? I wonder who the question mark is. If Isaac is there, it has to be Geno.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So I dunno how much I should be training, had a couple small farming sessions over the last few days. Made it to Babi's Lighthouse in the low 20s and now my characters are 28-29. Should I get to like level 40 then go take on Crossbone maybe?

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Happened before, smash 4 era:
I know. Hence "What a callback!"

That "sliver of blue" is the HUD background. Shadow is supposed to be in the Player 2 slot.
No. The background behind Shadow suggests he's Player 1, with player two being next to him. At any rate, that's a little error in his eye that puts the wuality of the render into question. Also, his mouth looks painted on.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Who is the girl in the top left? I wonder who the question mark is. If Isaac is there, it has to be Geno.
The girl looks like Agnes from Bravely Default, who would be an unorthodox pick to say the least. Although, given they got Isaac’s hair color wrong, maybe it’s supposed to be Elma?

I legit thought the question mark was supposed to be the random character. I seriously need to pay more attention to these obvious leaks.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
The girl looks like Agnes from Bravely Default, who would be an unorthodox pick to say the least. Although, given they got Isaac’s hair color wrong, maybe it’s supposed to be Elma?
It's possible that the Isaac pic is from an alt costume. Someone said it before, but I'm also getting some serious ESRB leak vibes from this. I hope it's real...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I legit thought the question mark was supposed to be the random character. I seriously need to pay more attention to these obvious leaks.
Elma has silver hair.

Let me do something real quick guys.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Assuming for one moment that that leak is real... could they have picked a worse picture of Ken? It's kind of gross to look at

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So I dunno how much I should be training, had a couple small farming sessions over the last few days. Made it to Babi's Lighthouse in the low 20s and now my characters are 28-29. Should I get to like level 40 then go take on Crossbone maybe?
Lvl 30-35 should be fine to take on Crossbone Isle. Then again, it is a Psynergy run, so, that's hard to say.

Update: My characters are now lvl 40. Probably will stop once Mia has Pure Wish at lvl 46(?).

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
There's speculation they don't all come from the same place, such as renders from a match (explaining the P1/Red team red or P2/Blue team blue background on some and the unusual close ups on their face) or for some reason... the Everyone is Here poster? It doesn't really match that artstyle so I seriously doubt it. I do find the colored backgrounds to be an interesting detail, though.

Assuming for one moment that that leak is real... could they have picked a worse picture of Ken? It's kind of gross to look at
Ultimate Ryu is the same way. If it's fake, that was a detail kept in mind.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
So doing a bit of photoshop real quick, i want to see what you all think.

View attachment 160484
what you did?

Also if this "leak" is true... it would be perfect rooster for me, Agnès and Bravely Default in general is my love for modern RPG while Isaac represent the GOLDEN(sun) era of RPG for me, I would prefer Tiz Arior as a Bravely representant BUT he can be Agnès alt since... well... the game let us use everyone the same way

Top Bottom