• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

Like, I appreciate the effort in trying to get people riled up, but the renders look so hilarious. Especially how Shadow literally has a blue streak over his eyes.

To be fair, Isaac's battle sprites in the game had darker hair compared to his artwork, but that's just stretching.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Honestly, I can't believe the Isaac one. Even if it looks good, I can't imagine that THIS is the way that they went with him this time.
Where's that button meme when you need it? Isaac gets in Smash BUT he doesn't really look like Isaac. *wipes towel on forehead*

Famitsu column:

Interviewer: So Isaac from Golden Sun? That's a face we haven't seen in a while.

Sakurai: True, it's been so long I felt his outdated look needed a makeover, similar to Roy's situation. *laughs*

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Oh yeah... if Golden Sun is reborn I'm sure that Isaac and others will receive a redesign... how should it look like?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, those are fake leaks, like 99% of the rest of them. Skiiiiiiiiiiiiip.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm still not completely convinced that this new leak is fake, I'm seeing a lot of people trying to prove it's false but nothing definitive so far.

I'm getting ESRB leak flashbacks, when people just WANTED Shulk to be fake.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm still not completely convinced that this new leak is fake, I'm seeing a lot of people trying to prove it's false but nothing definitive so far.

Eh...people like to say that. "but muh ESRB" or "photoshopped Mac lul" but the situations are hardly the same. All the ESRB renders were in a uniform style, and had subsequent evidence provided in the form of videos and other in-game screenshots.

This leak has *widely* varying levels of quality.

So far, this is nothing but a copycat. Thankfully, there's probably a Direct in September; they'll need to talk about the online services.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Look I just found the leak I can't make sense of any of the choices they pick I'm just happy to see Isaac and Felix there
I think my biggest issue is some names are the Japanese variants but others are straight English, it looks like someone just to the critiques of other leaks and patched this one with those

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

I think it's healthy to just wait it out. Chances are very high it's fake seeing as how much has been scrutinized thus far, but there's nothing wrong with just moving on from it until we get another reveal. Nothing more will probably come of the leak itself so it's probably not worth discussing any longer.

I certainly remember the ESRB leak days when everyone was thrown for a loop once those videos came out, and I never forgot how that made me feel. Nowadays, I see picture leaks with unique renders like this, and even when it's potentially got a lot against it, I never completely write it off in case truth ends up being stranger than fiction.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Eh...people like to say that. "but muh ESRB" or "photoshopped Mac lul" but the situations are hardly the same. All the ESRB renders were in a uniform style, and had subsequent evidence provided in the form of videos and other in-game screenshots.

This leak has *widely* varying levels of quality.

So far, this is nothing but a copycat. Thankfully, there's probably a Direct in September; they'll need to talk about the online services.
The leak is 100% fake, and if its true ill eat a sock

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
The leak is 100% fake, and if its true ill eat a sock
Well... its fake? It is! Its a cool leak? It is! Sock taste good? I dunno XD!
jokes aside that "leak" made me think... Isaac would have a redesign for Smash + Golden Sun 1+2 Remake?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
again, I think we'll just have to wait and see. There's nothing pointing it explicitly in either direction, so we'll probably just have to wait until information comes in, or the dude comes forward

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Well... its fake? It is! Its a cool leak? It is! Sock taste good? I dunno XD!
jokes aside that "leak" made me think... Isaac would have a redesign for Smash + Golden Sun 1+2 Remake?
I heard the artist died, so yeah he would get a redesign.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I mean, I'd have no objections to the characters shown. I'm a huge Bravely Default fan (as are most of us here, I'd wager, since we like handheld turn based RPGs). Heck, even if it was a Fatal Frame character, that would be pretty hype, that's another series I enjoy.

If there's a "I hope it's not real", that would refer to how bad it looks. I mean, Isaac is the best, but his colors are way off, even accounting for color correction. Agnès's face is massively distorted (and no, Chrom's is nowhere NEAR as bad), with basic perspective and biology thrown out. Ken's render doesn't look like a render. The Chorus Kids don't even show up on a color background like every other character (and, seriously, how hard would that have been to do?).

Then there's the other things, like the inconsistency of the quality, proportions, styles, etcetera. It's copying this picture:
1535646780067.png

Note the difference? Complete images, names, consistent art styles, consistent proportions, dimensions, lighting, quality, etcetera.

I mean, heck, I've loathed the Chorus Kids since Gematsu, and yet I'd gladly welcome them onboard if it meant we would get Isaac and Agnès. That would be a hype as heck roster. It is not that I don't want these characters.

This just screams fake. And I'm worried about Isaac fans getting their hopes up for a really rather poorly done image compilation. The ESRB leak was leaking official images. The quality on most of these are way too low for that. Why are they so cut off? So much so that we can't even identify them all positively?

This would be a great roster. I'd love it to be real. I just don't think it is, and I think that the opposite of what you suggested is true. People are believing it because they want it to be real. This doesn't have nearly the effort of Rayman or even Springman + Decidueye.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why Rex and no Spring Man? Arms is older than Xeno 2
Its actually easier to add a character from an established franchise before said game releases than a brand new franchise (in fact, Sakurai has never added a brand new franchise's character in this way; only well after the franchise has been established).

On top of this, when Sakurai did add characters in advance of those games releasing, it was either a clone (Roy), or it was from a franchise guaranteed to have numerous people recognizing the character (Pokemon). Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was the most successful Xenoblade game, but Sakurai couldn't have possible known that.

Regardless, adding Rex/Pyra is still a much easier decision than trying to add a brand new IP entirely, regardless of which character's game actually came first.

And I'm worried about Isaac fans getting their hopes up for a really rather poorly done image compilation.
Eh you really don't have to worry about this. Take it from K. Rool fans: they're the first ones to decry information pointing towards K. Rool's inclusion as fake. Yes, there's some who jump the gun, but that's few and far between. Its been largely the same with Isaac fans from what I've seen, with almost nobody taking seriously any leaks whether Isaac is on them or not.

Last edited:

N1N

Smash Cadet
NNID
Liamdude11
3DS FC
0791-4680-8645
There's a theory that Isaac's AT was scrapped in Smash 4 because he was intended to be a playable character. I don't believe this, because they supposedly spent "extra development time" making Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario into extra fighters, but not Isaac? Also, if Isaac was at all a priority, then surely he would've made it as DLC.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Its actually easier to add a character from an established franchise before said game releases than a brand new franchise (in fact, Sakurai has never added a brand new franchise's character in this way; only well after the franchise has been established).

On top of this, when Sakurai did add characters in advance of those games releasing, it was either a clone (Roy), or it was from a franchise guaranteed to have numerous people recognizing the character (Pokemon). Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was the most successful Xenoblade game, but Sakurai couldn't have possible known that.

Regardless, adding Rex/Pyra is still a much easier decision than trying to add a brand new IP entirely, regardless of which character's game actually came first.
But i doubt characters made after 2016 will get into the base roster.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But i doubt characters made after 2016 will get into the base roster.
100% agreed, but that's not the argument I was making. I was simply stating that Rex/Pyra ARE more believable than an ARMS character. Neither are anywhere near likely.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I admit that Agnes, Skull kid, Chorus Kids and Isaac would be a dream come true for me, I'll still keep low expectations and take my anti-hype medication.

Like many of you I'm not very satisfied with this render of Isaac.

Bravely series had quite a lot of hints for it to appear on switch lately, might be something.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Man, the next Nintendo Direct (assuming it has Smash news) can't come any sooner right now.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
This just screams fake. And I'm worried about Isaac fans getting their hopes up for a really rather poorly done image compilation. The ESRB leak was leaking official images. The quality on most of these are way too low for that. Why are they so cut off? So much so that we can't even identify them all positively?

This would be a great roster. I'd love it to be real. I just don't think it is, and I think that the opposite of what you suggested is true. People are believing it because they want it to be real. This doesn't have nearly the effort of Rayman or even Springman + Decidueye.

Don't worry, we can legit see gameplay leaks of Isaac and still think its fake. I think a majority of people here are only going to take direct info.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
There's a theory that Isaac's AT was scrapped in Smash 4 because he was intended to be a playable character. I don't believe this, because they supposedly spent "extra development time" making Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario into extra fighters, but not Isaac? Also, if Isaac was at all a priority, then surely he would've made it as DLC.
This is a terrible way to look at things. First Bowser Jr. barely made it onto the roster, he was in danger of being cut so it's totally possible characters that weren't as far a long that didn't make it like what ever that RH slot was going to be. Next Lucina Dr Mario were already in the game as costumes. This means all they had to do was was give them more alts and do the minor alterations to their movesets. Finally no Nintendo newcomers were planned for DLC. Being axed meant nothing because they weren't vets or notable 3rd parties. Characters not being DLC is not good evidence.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Actually, Sakurai has publicly stated that making close to 5 clones is about as much effort as making an entirely new character.

And i would bet that if he was planned to be a character, Nintendo just wanted priority for other characters that were more relevant.

100% agreed, but that's not the argument I was making. I was simply stating that Rex/Pyra ARE more believable than an ARMS character. Neither are anywhere near likely.
But didn't Xenoblade only have one entry by the time Smash 4 came out?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
But didn't Xenoblade only have one entry by the time Smash 4 came out?
Yes, and it was out and released before Sakurai started development on the roster. Xenoblade Chronicles was 2010. Sakurai started 3DS/Wii U in 2012. It had already been out for two years in Japan and over a year in Europe before development on Smash even began.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yes, and it was out and released before Sakurai started development on the roster. Xenoblade Chronicles was 2010. Sakurai started 3DS/Wii U in 2012. It had already been out for two years in Japan and over a year in Europe before development on Smash even began.
I kinda forgot it was released in 2010.

Operation rainfall had to convince nintendo to release it here.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Stolen from 4Chan

I made this chart
>so far EXACTLY 3 fighters of the day per week
>35 fighters remaining
>33 if we assume the 2 slots this week will get filled up.
>14 weeks remaining until december 7th
>14*3=42
>42-33=9
There are 9 newcomers remaining including echoes. Discuss.​

View attachment 160365
Some more thoughts on this...

Personally I'm not expecting the amount of echoes to end up outnumbering the amount of unique characters. I could see them being equal to the amount of uniques but not outnumbering.

Think about it, at E3 we got 2 unique characters and 1 echo. I also don't think it's a coincidence that we're currently at 4 uniques and 4 echoes.

So if we really are getting 9 more characters (and really you could give or take a character, it could be 8 or 10 since I doubt this is a super accurate way of predicting how many characters we're getting) then I would expect the ratio to be either 6 unique to 3 echo OR 5 unique to 4 echo.

Wasn't there an interview with Sakurai stating that echoes weren't as easy to create as people made them out to be? I could have sworn I saw someone talking about that. If that's true then I don't think there's necessarily going to be as much of a flood of echoes as people are expecting.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
You shouldn’t think like that. To piggyback off of what has already been said, every Smash game has had characters cut for various reasons whether it be time manage or implementation issues. Just looking at Smash 4 we know for a fact a Rhythm Heaven character was planned due to the unused character icon. We also know the Ice Climbers were actually finished and ready to go but unlike the Wii U the 3ds could not handle them and they had to be cut out.

On the topic of Isaac possibly being playable in Smash 4...I do believe there was a time he was planned to be in since it makes little sense to me to have his AT removed but add a new song from the series, but maybe the idea Sakurai had for him couldn’t work on the 3ds. Personally I think Isaac and K Rool were planned for Smash 4 but Nintendo wanted to prioritize promotional characters and those two ultimately (no pun intended) got cut. As much as I love both of them, they weren’t gonna beat out veterans, Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta for DLC spots. Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if this possible scenario led to the Ballot.

Top Bottom