• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I even edited a bit more to match Isaac's haircolor.

View attachment 160494

for some reason, the eyes really bug me. They don't match dark dawn's or the original art style.

Like, it's so close to being perfect....-
Has anyone reverse Google image searched the pic to see if it comes up as fan art or anything?

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
No but seriously folk, this is most likely fake. There several things wrong with each of the renders (the girl's asymmetrical eyes, Isaac's hair, Shadow's eyeliner merging into his eye, the entirety of Ken's face, Skull literally taken from a screencap of his SSB4 trophy) to make these renders convincing. They're likely very good attempts at a faithful recreation of the render's style, but missed a bunch of details here and there that make the whole thing..f off.

I know you want Isaac. I want you to get your character. But it's best to drop this "leak". It's only here to make a fool out of the desperate and/or gullible.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Lvl 30-35 should be fine to take on Crossbone Isle. Then again, it is a Psynergy run, so, that's hard to say.

Update: My characters are now lvl 40. Probably will stop once Mia has Pure Wish at lvl 46(?).
Yeah, it gets to be a real grind at some point. I actually just got done Magma Rock and everything in Mars Lighthouse today in TLA and forgot that there are EXP bank enemies in both places. They're both Phoenix enemies that give ridiculous experience which are real easy to grind on. Beat Valukar to get Daedalus and probably gonna go through the other super bosses tomorrow. By the time you get Mia and the GS1 party, Jenna already has all of her Aura spells which are just as good if not superior to the Wish series. Piers gets Wish too.

As far as this leak goes, the strange thing to me is how different each of the avatars for the characters look in art-style from each other. As if they're from completely separate games. I don't know if it's because it was a struggle trying to transition Isaac into this game? They did a pretty good job in Brawl though... which is the confusing thing.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Has anyone reverse Google image searched the pic to see if it comes up as fan art or anything?
Nope. Nothing.

No but seriously folk, this is most likely fake. There several things wrong with each of the renders (the girl's asymmetrical eyes, Isaac's hair, Shadow's eyeliner merging into his eye, the entirety of Ken's face, Skull literally taken from a screencap of his SSB4 trophy) to make these renders convincing. They're likely very good attempts at a faithful recreation of the render's style, but missed a bunch of details here and there that make the whole thing..f off.

I know you want Isaac. I want you to get your character. But it's best to drop this "leak". It's only here to make a fool out of the desperate and/or gullible.
This might just be a smashified situation.

Honestly, if this was a shulk situation, isaac should've looked convincing to begin with.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly the top left pic in that leak (Agnes from Bravel Default apparently) looks so derpy to me and bothers me more than Isaac or Ken (Isaac's look is alright, I think...). I also find it weird how Isabelle and Skull Kid have a different image quality to their pics.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
That moment where you get enough rare drops that you have to go back to town to sell stuff to prevent your inventory from filling.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't understand how anyone is seriously considering these fakes. The renders look extremely off. Shadows face looks like its stretching and the less said about Isaac the better.

and it's pretty telling that people can hardly even decide who the woman is supposed to be.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

Yep, but its fun see a Leak that the person that made it wasted hours of his life making, like... its fake but is good to say to the man "that's a good fake leak... one day you will make the leak that end all the leaks!"

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Honestly the top left pic in that leak (Agnes from Bravel Default apparently) looks so derpy to me and bothers me more than Isaac or Ken (Isaac's look is alright, I think...). I also find it weird how Isabelle and Skull Kid have a different image quality to their pics.
This point is really bothersome to me. All of the others have clean enough image quality, but those two are fuzzy. I know with Skull Kid in particular there's a great (though not exact) similarity to the Smash 4 trophy from a certain angle, so there's a good chance these are intentionally fuzzy to hide some photoshop work to an existing render.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
There's also the fact that Isaac looks... inaccurate? If you compare to the official GS artwork, Isaac has smaller pupils, rounder eyes, thinner eyebrows and considerably less spiky hair (on top of it being brunette). For a modeling team has so far been so meticulous with their attention to details, you'd think they would've been more faithful to the source material (unless it's a deliberate redesign, like Roy and Ridley, which I doubt Isaac needs, specially when it's this superficial).

1535607344549.png

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
I know that the pictures are fake, but IMO the Isaac render looks really cool, even if it's not completely accurate it's better than any other Isaac artwork I've ever seen and I would be happy if he got something like that in the real game. I think a lot of the other renders I've seen go a bit too much off the Brawl model, so it's nice to see something that's a bit more fresh.

Edit: Btw just realized we have more pages than the K. Rool thread!

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I know that the pictures are fake, but IMO the Isaac render looks really cool, even if it's not completely accurate it's better than any other Isaac artwork I've ever seen and I would be happy if he got something like that in the real game. I think a lot of the other renders I've seen go a bit too much off the Brawl model, so it's nice to see something that's a bit more fresh.
Agreed. This leak is totally fake (agnes, ayumi, whoever it is looks bad, others all have issues too) but the Isaac render in it does look really good.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Elma has silver hair.

Let me do something real quick guys.
Yeah, that’s why I mentioned Isaac’s hair being the wrong color. If they can get that wrong, they might get Elma’s hair and skin color wrong as well. Or they might be palette swaps.

But they’re not. These renders are so low quality the only game I’d believe them to be real is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Hmm the website has been updated 3 times for a month. This probably leads to nothing but in a same time why now? Why now before and during a pre-Smash release and now that Golden Sun has gained more attention than before?. It seems too strange to me

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Those renders are horrible you guys. Isaac is the only ok one. And people can fake good ones.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Good thing about that leak is that we have confirmation on it being legit or fake by the time the next character is revealed. I definitely wouldn't mind that thing being real, although I also bet on it being fake. Isaac's design being closer to his ingame battle sprite would be a very Sakurai thing to do.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Not to randomly go off topic but how would people feel about Isaac/Felix dittos you think?

Edit: changed image source cause imgur is sorta borked right now, I'm noticing I missed some pixels here and there :p

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
i know we all know its fake, but i think this nails the coffin.

a good point someone made on the Geno thread take a look at shadow's nose in comparison to sonic's
come on.png

it's fake

Tetiro

Smash Ace
9,000 posts! Crumbs I best get on with that special 10,000 drawing this weekend! For now you will have to have the 9,000 post meme I whipped up for you at home! Still managing to get better at the five minute drawings. For the 10,000 I will be working up a special one so get posting so we get to that 10,000th marker :)

DSC_0282.JPG

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I would love is this turnout to be true, but the Isaac render looks a little weird to me. And maybe Im crazy but it reminds me of Young Link's render a little.

Dont get me wrong I WANT Isaac. But I don't Know, its weird

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I don't know what it's referencing but I like that one with the cyan hair and purple/ white clothing
It's based off Mia who is a Mercury Adept(affiliated with water) in Isaac's party and she is known for being the primary healer but she still has offensive spells

I would love is this turnout to be true, but the Isaac render looks a little weird to me. And maybe Im crazy but it reminds me of Young Link's render a little.

Dont get me wrong I WANT Isaac. But I don't Know, its weird

I feel like the safest thing to do I reckon, is to not buy into leaks until we get official confirmations from Nintendo. Hopefully the next character reveal will definitively determine whether this is real or not

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I actually kinda like the Isaac render, of course him having the blond hair would suit better but yeah we are at ERSB time leak again this is gonna be wild in the future months haha

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I actually kinda like the Isaac render, of course him having the blond hair would suit better but yeah we are at ERSB time leak again this is gonna be wild in the future months haha
Maybe its an alt color resemble Félix (?)

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
at least , the real esbr leak got the menu and some gameplay ....that is just some bad quality smashified characters all over again. FAKE.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
You know what'd be funny is if said person wasn't trying to pass off the leak itself to be legit but just a roster prediction of characters they know or think is in the game cause I'm seriously doubting the leaker went, 'Why yes, no one will instantly scream fake at the horrendous and varying qualities of some of these images!'

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Honestly, I can't believe the Isaac one. Even if it looks good, I can't imagine that THIS is the way that they went with him this time.

Top Bottom