• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
...I keep forgetting that the 3ds doesnt have a way to play GBA titles.

rip.
it's actually built into the system, for instance minish cap is on the 3ds Eshop, you can get GS on there using custom firmware and a rom to cia format changer it's just a crap ton of work. all that being said I got it to work in just a day and don't understand why nintendo still hasn't forwarded it over I'd buy it lol

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
it's actually built into the system, for instance minish cap is on the 3ds Eshop, you can get GS on there using custom firmware and a rom to cia format changer it's just a crap ton of work. all that being said I got it to work in just a day and don't understand why nintendo still hasn't forwarded it over I'd buy it lol
the functionality is present because of the 3DS Ambassador Program, where they promised 10 free NES and 10 GBA games to early 3DS owners

they may not have extended it past those ten because restore points couldn't work(?)

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
the functionality is present because of the 3DS Ambassador Program, where they promised 10 free NES and 10 GBA games to early 3DS owners

they may not have extended it past those ten because restore points couldn't work(?)
What a bunch of wasted potential.

Also, holy ****, almost at 200 pages!

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Now is The time of Isaac!
Isaac newcomer
Felix echo
Matthew alt
Jenna AT
Doom Dragon Boss
All The family reunited in smash
It would be pretty awesome to go from the bare minimum in 4 to all this content in Ultimate. I hope a Matthew alt is actually possible since it seems like it's just a few characters getting a cosmetic change even if they do have obvious alts they could have.

Matthew divides his hair in a way that's a bit more appealing to me. Though guess I should worry about Isaac getting in the game first lol.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It would be pretty awesome to go from the bare minimum in 4 to all this content in Ultimate. I hope a Matthew alt is actually possible since it seems like it's just a few characters getting a cosmetic change even if they do have obvious alts they could have.

Matthew divides his hair in a way that's a bit more appealing to me. Though guess I should worry about Isaac getting in the game first lol.
To me, it sounds like a perfect scenerio.

Which is why i believe it could never happen. LOL.

It's too perfect.

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Since smash speculation is fun and all, I'd like to provide an alternative perspective on the smash ballot and characters that might have been voted for. In particular in regards to Simon Belmont.
I know google trends isn't the most reliable source of information, but once you're able to correlate enough data, you can see how well trends agree with common opinions. (sorry if it seems I'm beating an old horse)
Consider smash ballot search in regards to K. Rool and Simon Belmont:
https://trends.google.com/trends/ex...07-24&q=/g/11r_p9fdl,/g/122mqnh2,smash ballot
Considering only Simon and K Rool:
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=2013-07-24 2018-07-24&q=/g/11r_p9fdl,/g/122mqnh2
This might reflect that Simon was alot more sought for than many of the forum polls indicated (yes there were many more searches for K Rool, but maybe not as many more as we might believe) We might have to accept that Smashboards, Gamefaqs, Reddit etc might be less representative of Smash Bros. fans than we expect (just observe the echo chamber effects in the character threads while also considering leaks and rumors)
For those inquisitive among you: You'll notice there are quite a few "favorite" characters which correlate really badly with the smash ballot, and a few which correlate reasonably well. Can you guess which ones for both cases? Does this fit the current Smash Ultimate narrative?
(I hope this doesn't seem like a rant. I just think it's good to think outside of the box at times)

On a more positive note:
If I would have to guess: Isaac himself as a silent protagonist seems like the type to attract a less vocal fan base, which would none the less be willing to support their hero from the background. (maybe those bumps in Golden Sun searches actually
https://trends.google.com/trends/ex...g/11r_p9fdl,/g/122mqnh2,/m/028rvy,isaac smash
Hoping to play Isaac on a fancy level with the Jupiter and Venus light houses as well as mount Aleph.

I believe Alex will return!;) (at least for Golden Sun)

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Now is The time of Isaac!
Isaac newcomer
Felix echo
Matthew alt
Jenna AT
Doom Dragon Boss
All The family reunited in smash
Well, if that's what you expect... Have fun being let down.

I'm basically expecting just Isaac and maybe a stage. Venus Lighthouse, probably. Apart from those two things, the Felix echo is the most likely thing... and I wouldn't say it's that likely.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Well, if that's what you expect... Have fun being let down.

I'm basically expecting just Isaac and maybe a stage. Venus Lighthouse, probably. Apart from those two things, the Felix echo is the most likely thing... and I wouldn't say it's that likely.
Yeah. LOL.

I wouldt expect Nintendo to go all out for GS like they did for Castlevania.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
We better be expecting one of those.

We only have a limited # of slots.
Imagine how everyone would be strangling each others necks now if we knew how many newcomers are left to be announced, lol. Thank god we don't know…

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I would be extremely happy if Isaac gets in as a playable fighter and I really would not mind If Felix and Matthew end up being just alts. Obviusly, the more Golden Sun content we get the merrier, but I think after smash 4 when we only had 2 music tracks, any representation will be a win

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I would be extremely happy if Isaac gets in as a playable fighter and I really would not mind If Felix and Matthew end up being just alts. Obviusly, the more Golden Sun content we get the merrier, but I think after smash 4 when we only had 2 music tracks, any representation will be a win
Definitely.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
WhyCantI.jpg

I spent way too much time on this for a dumb joke lol

But I'm totes fine if we just get Isaac and a stage. Though I feel an assist is likely, and I'll still hope for a Matthew alt cause that's just icing on the cake in my book.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I really cannot believe just how far this thread has come in the past couple of weeks. With all of the exit polls, and just in general the support we’ve seen, Isaac seems like a popular ballot choice, if not one of the most popular choices overall, and certainly a top choice of those left. I think that speaks well for our golden boy.

Especially when Sakurai finally confirmed that he was using the ballot to choose characters in this Smash. That’s a huge boon for Isaac (and the likes of Geno, Bandanna Dee, and maybe even the unlikely Banjo Kazooie). I really hope our faith in a couple of these characters isn’t misguided, and I hope we have around 3-4 unique newcomers left to reveal so lots of people can be happy.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Honestly It is weird Skull Kid is being considered that likely but the hints are favoring him.
Skull Kid has always been very popular on /v/, though I doubt that he had as much support as Isaac during the ballot overall due to his AT status. /v/ is the only place where I'm not surprised to see Skull Kid as number one or two honestly.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
okay odd question but: what would your reaction and opinion if Isaac was announced for ultimate but had his older design here

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Don't you mean Fiaa Emburem?
https://mobile.twitter.com/MatPiscatella/status/1032675948766715905
Apparently Dark Dawn was the best selling DS game in the US in July. It's still selling although it's probably not much
Gotta say, even if it's just coincidence in terms of timing, it's nice to see there's people out there giving Dark Dawn a try. It's technically the most accessible of the games since you need a DS or 3DS to play it, whereas the original Golden Sun games nowadays can be purchased on the Wii U store. The issue there is... Who owns a Wii U anymore?
/v/ had a questionnaire about a week ago where every possible choice in playable characters was narrowed down to a top 20 and Isaac ranked third: http://allourideas.org/FinalSmashUlimate/results?page=1
Polls can be quite frustrating mid-speculation honestly, since you tend to get very slanted or biased results based on what's popular at the time. Skull Kid was almost nowhere to be seen prior to the chairs, sofa, instagram picture and his diablo 3 cameo on Reggie's Desk, but suddenly he's everyone's most wanted (When I think people confuse most wanted with most expected).

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I agree that the Younger Isaac feels much more iconic and suited for smash and personally the design i prefer, but if he was like his older self i would not mind

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I’d be disappointed honestly
Honestly, I agree. I'm certainly not going to complain because it's Isaac either way, but young Isaac is the design I grew to love and the design that stands out as much more unique. DD is mostly a one-toned palette of blue and has no chestplate, no bright yellow scarf, and much less spikier hair. Only thing he's got going for him is the beard which is admittedly cool-looking.

Young Isaac is the design that Smash fans will recognize so that's the one Sakurai will go with.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the answer to new vs old Isaac lies in the aesthetic implementation of Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K. Rool.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Ordered these off Etsy last week. Now I just need to find some djinn stickers or buy a custom skin to throw on my Switch...

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I think the answer to new vs old Isaac lies in the aesthetic implementation of Inkling, Ridley, Simon and K. Rool.

i think modernizing Isaac's design, while taking inspiration from the GBA design is the best way to go.

And i'm fine with how K Rool looks, so.-

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is kinda what I'm thinking. Isaac doesn't age much between the games. Just make him older Isaac, without the beard, in his GS1/2 outfit. And the beard + Dark Dawn outfit as an alt.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is kinda what I'm thinking. Isaac doesn't age much between the games. Just make him older Isaac, without the beard, in his GS1/2 outfit. And the beard + Dark Dawn outfit as an alt.
To be clear I'd be real surprised if they took more than minimal inspiration from Isaac's Dark Dawn look. Frankly, assuming he's not an echo or alt, I'd think they'd incorporate some of Matthew's design before old Isaac's.

i think modernizing Isaac's design, while taking inspiration from the GBA design is the best way to go.

And i'm fine with how K Rool looks, so.-
I imagine that's the route they'd go. Nothing drastic, but some touch-ups. Maybe a hint of old Isaac or Matthew.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I imagine that's the route they'd go. Nothing drastic, but some touch-ups. Maybe a hint of old Isaac or Matthew.

I just want a good looking HD 3d model of isaac.

Smashified's version of isaac looks like a demon took over isaac.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just want a good looking HD 3d model of isaac.

Smashified's version of isaac looks like a demon took over isaac.
Yeah it was all fine til they got to the face. Have you seen the original version? Nothing against the Smashified guys, cause they do great work, but yikes. :urg:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
okay odd question but: what would your reaction and opinion if Isaac was announced for ultimate but had his older design here
Like others have stated, I wouldn’t be mad, but I’d be a bit confused TBH. Young Isaac is much more recognizable. And is seen as the face of Golden Sun (though you could absolutely argue that Felix is just as important to the series as Isaac).

I also just prefer Young Isaac. He’s the one I grew up with. Plus I think the only recognition DD should get is a Mathew Alt. Game is polarizing enough as it is, having Adult Isaac remind us of what a craptastic adventure DD was will only serve to bring us pain and remind us of the cliffhanger that may or may not get resolved.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
I believe younger Isaac is in this game (oh see us talking, we are sure Isaac is in these days, I love this!) then if he survives the phase of whether he is in Smash After Ultimate, then he will be old badass bearded Isaac there (much like Ike evolved from Brawl to for)...

D

Deleted member

Considering characters like Snake & King K. Rool are "composite" in appearance, maybe I can doodle what Isaac would look like if you used his original design and modified his clothes, where he still has his scarf and breastplate, but also a vest and denim pants, thus bridging "Old" Isaac into the appearance.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Ordered these off Etsy last week. Now I just need to find some djinn stickers or buy a custom skin to throw on my Switch...

Those are really cool. I was actually thinking about trying to sculpt the Djinn out of clay after PAX West is done. I do a bit of sculpting and all this Golden Sun talk has me wanting to make something. When I finish one of them I'll try to post some pictures

Last edited:
Top Bottom