• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

GoldenBoy01

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, glad to be here! I am a longtime preacher of Isaac in Smash and Golden Sun in general. I just joined SmashBoards just for this thread. I hope supporting this thread will do something for our boy.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
How so? I was of the mind if Isaac wasn't in base game then a DLC campaign would be started. There are popular characters who are assist trophies that still haven't managed to make the jump, so that's why I feel it's worst. But hey, that's just my opinion.
I mean, yeah. He could be DLC. i guess.

But i still would still feel a little burnt, as in Smash 4, there was a huge lack of anything golden sun.

And yeah, i wouldn't hate being an AT...it's at least something.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah it hasn't even been a week, holy hell… Well they did tease "more coming soon" at the end of that europe nindies direct so… I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of this nindies on the 28th they tease the REAL regular nintendo direct or, i don't know, early september? Since the 28th is literally almost the end of the month, to tease a regular Nintendo Direct for the first week of september doesn't seem off to me, specially since it's already crazy that we are getting two nindies direct within the same week. They just proved me with this that anything is possible, lol.
i actually looked up online. Last year they had a Nindies Presentation August 30th and a general Direct September 13th. They already did this same thing last year.

Funny, that even a few months ago, we were thinking that characters that were irrelevant like King K rool wouldn't get in.
I was merely sharing my honest opinions on Geno. I was never arguing relevance in regards to Geno. I was arguing importance. Either way, I'll be fine with Geno after K. Rool, Ridley, and Isaac (I would include Banjo but even I have to admit that Geno is an easier inclusion than Banjo).

I still think there's more characters that are more deserving than Geno is, but if Sakurai sees enough support to justify it, then fine.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
My hype for Isaac at this point is through the roof, so I couldn't help myself to not make the rest of the video.

I am literally screaming right now. I love these edits so much :p Once again, proud to be an Isaac fan.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
i actually looked up online. Last year they had a Nindies Presentation August 30th and a general Direct September 13th. They already did this same thing last year.

I was merely sharing my honest opinions on Geno. I was never arguing relevance in regards to Geno. I was arguing importance. Either way, I'll be fine with Geno after K. Rool, Ridley, and Isaac (I would include Banjo but even I have to admit that Geno is an easier inclusion than Banjo).

I still think there's more characters that are more deserving than Geno is, but if Sakurai sees enough support to justify it, then fine.
Nice found there. Yeah I 'm expecting a Nintendo direct already for the first half of September at this point. It would feel empty and probably not even good business-wise for nintendo to leave us without non-indie games announcements for so long since E3...

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
Alot of roller coaster feelings in here but good to see the chat booming!
If Isaac makes it in what do we see as a big weakness for our fighter? Based on how I think he will play I'd say he would suffer in the speed and recovery department. I think range,technique and off stage play will benefit him greatly. Of course we dont have much to go on, but hey, we know what Isaac is capable of!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You... uh... "came across it"... huh?

That's my poll.

Where did you find it, out of interest? Because the number of votes tripled overnight. :laugh:
I think maybe it's because a person can vote multiple times on the poll. I have seen it 3 times now and all 3 times I could vote, even if I already have.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

I mean...did importance really matter for King K rool?

Nintendo: Oh, he was a villain for DKC trilogy? Well, clearly, people don't care for him. Let's throw him out of DKC games for good.

And they did. DKCR and DKCTF didn't even feature K Rool as a villian.

But...he came back.

Sure, Geno was a one off character. But he was also part of your party in SMRPG, and was also part of one of the most popular RPG's on the SNES. But he also suffered the same fate as K Rool. But even worse.

While i respect your opinion, i don't think importance should be valued as hard, as that's the same treatment that K Rool fans got from the rest of the smash crowd.

That's something to keep in mind.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
My hype for Isaac at this point is through the roof, so I couldn't help myself to not make the rest of the video.

MY FEELS WHEN!! Thanks, this is freaking sooooo hype! :D

PurpleStuff5

Smash Cadet
I've been a long-time lurker but I've supported Isaac for a long time. I remember playing Golden Sun as a kid and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Please add me to the official supporter list!

GoldenBoy01

Smash Rookie
I've been a long-time lurker but I've supported Isaac for a long time. I remember playing Golden Sun as a kid and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Please add me to the official supporter list!
Oh yeah, there is a supporter list. Can I be added too?

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think maybe it's because a person can vote multiple times on the poll. I have seen it 3 times now and all 3 times I could vote, even if I already have.
Hmm...

Interesting.

Methinks I should bump up the closing date before people activate their ballot stuffing robots.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I mean, yeah. He could be DLC. i guess.

But i still would still feel a little burnt, as in Smash 4, there was a huge lack of anything golden sun.

And yeah, i wouldn't hate being an AT...it's at least something.
Just to be clear, I'm speaking in terms of him being playable and what will likely help that case. Not that I'm personally morbid to want a double whammy of no Golden Sun content lol.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hmm...

Interesting.

Methinks I should bump up the closing date before people activate their ballot stuffing robots.
Man, the Sonic BOOM tv show was comedy gold! I really hope they make a third season. CN really screwed it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Do you huys think there is a chance that we would get GS4 after the huge amount of interest in isaac (if he does get into smash bro), or do you think Camelot will keep making sports games for eternity?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you huys think there is a chance that we would get GS4 after the huge amount of interest in isaac (if he does get into smash bro), or do you think Camelot will keep making sports games for eternity?
We'll get Golden Sun 4...

But it'll be the Space Jam of video games.

Matthew will go out to find his father, and have to take part in a Sports Competition to save Isaac from the new villains.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

Matthew will go out to find his father, and have to take part in a Sports Competition to save Isaac from the new villains.
At this point as long as Motoi Sakuraba composes the soundtrack and there's some semblance of a story, I'd even take that.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I think there is a chance if Camelot is able to see the demand for it. I think Nintendo and their subsidiaries as a whole are starting to pay more attention to the fans and, while I'm certainly not banking on it happening, it wouldn't surprise me if Camelot were to drop a new GS due to Isaac's inclusion as a way of taking advantage of the sudden interest in the series that people would be having at that point.

KMDP

Smash Legend
At this point as long as Motoi Sakuraba composes the soundtrack and there's some semblance of a story, I'd even take that.
C'MON AND SLAM! AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!

Isaac: What the hell is even going on? Can't I just Ragnarok these idiots?
Matthew: NO DAD! I HAVE TO MAKE THIS 3-POINTER TO SAVE YOU! AND THE WORLD!
Isaac: *sigh*

Golden Sun
Lunar Court

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

COME ON AND SLAM! WELCOME TO THE JAM!

Also Lunar court would make for a good Mario tennis aces DLC stage

I'll take anything. But I'm not sure. Would Nintendo give Camelot the green light?
Would Nintendo even do good advertisements for it?

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you guys checked billy's new vid but I guess vergeben's been talking about Isaac.

Alot of roller coaster feelings in here but good to see the chat booming!
If Isaac makes it in what do we see as a big weakness for our fighter? Based on how I think he will play I'd say he would suffer in the speed and recovery department. I think range,technique and off stage play will benefit him greatly. Of course we dont have much to go on, but hey, we know what Isaac is capable of!
I personally see his recovery being really good but him lacking combo potential, Golden sun moves are kinda hard and heavy handed.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I'm not sure if you guys checked billy's new vid but I guess vergeben's been talking about Isaac.

I personally see his recovery being really good but him lacking combo potential, Golden sun moves are kinda hard and heavy handed.
Verge iirc defended GS fans from the gamefaqs cesspool, so I don't think he said that in relation to smash

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac does make it as a playable character, I think that opens the doors to a HD remake of Golden Sun and GS: The Lost Age combine into one game. Assuming all that happens, the sells of that HD game will decide the fate of future games in the series.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I wouldn't expect that he had a hidden motivation when it came to defending isaac on GameFAQS. He probably just wanted to do it because he thought the GAMEFaqs community was being toxic towards the GS Fanbase.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think it means anything. Vergeben can defend a series without it having to mean something. I get the impression he'd be straightforward if he had something to leak.

The only good thing I could see coming from it is that if Vergeben likes the series he may be more active in trying to figure out if Isaac is playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Isaac does make it as a playable character, I think that opens the doors to a HD remake of Golden Sun and GS: The Lost Age combine into one game. Assuming all that happens, the sells of that HD game will decide the fate of future games in the series.
I would want it to be a bit similar to Octopath Traveler in terms of looks, but instead of sprites, give us celshaded character and enemy models or something. I think that would work wonderfully with Golden Sun.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really like that video posted earlier, but if you want to see a hostile place for an Isaac fan, try resetera. GameFAQs may **** on him, but he also has support over there as well. Resetera just seems a wasteland. They're not mean but they're always so down on him.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think it means anything. Vergeben can defend a series without it having to mean something. I get the impression he'd be straightforward if he had something to leak.

The only good thing I could see coming from it is that if Vergeben likes the series he may be more active in trying to figure out if Isaac is playable.
Verge didn't outright say he was a fan. It could be that he respects the series.
I would want it to be a bit similar to Octopath Traveler in terms of looks, but instead of sprites, give us celshaded character and enemy models or something. I think that would work wonderfully with Golden Sun.
I think i would like either Xenogears style of sprites:
maxresdefault.jpg
Or the arc system style:

download.jpg

I'd like either. :p But that seems like a lot of work to put into a game that might not sell in Nintendo's eyes. :p

I really like that video posted earlier, but if you want to see a hostile place for an Isaac fan, try resetera. GameFAQs may **** on him, but he also has support over there as well. Resetera just seems a wasteland. They're not mean but they're always so down on him.
ResetEra is always bad. It's NeoGAF 2.0

Last edited:
Top Bottom