• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Man, we really need some news to spice this thread up. A Direct announcement would be nice, but I don't expect that until January.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Man, we really need some news to spice this thread up. A Direct announcement would be nice, but I don't expect that until January.
Right?!? The Game Awards killed off so much hype that there’s almost nothing to talk about. Which is weird. Makes me wonder how far we are for more news...

In the meantime, enjoy some pics from Isaac during his trip in NYC.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Right?!? The Game Awards killed off so much hype that there’s almost nothing to talk about. Which is weird. Makes me wonder how far we are for more news...
Crazy how hyped the Game Awards were and they managed to put on literally the single most boring game-related event I've ever seen. I wasn't even expecting anything huge from Nintendo, and I was still let down big time.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So in regards to the trademark conversations a lot of us were having here, I fiddled around with the trademark site thingy quite a bit and made some interesting observations.

https://www.j-platpat.inpit.go.jp (website in question)

Most franchises/games that are trademarked are usually following these two patterns...

A) Have a new game coming out or is about to be announced
B) Renewing a ~10 Year trademark (or a rough timeframe of that nature)

Bare in mind there are some abnormal exceptions. Mario/Pokemon seems to be trademarked a lot of times over while something like The Legend of Zelda/Star Fox goes 12-14 years without a trademark to it's core series for some reason (specific games are usually trademarked tho). Other franchises more or less follow the two criteria I mentioned although I found it really weird how Fire Emblem hasn't been trademaked since 2006/2007 despite it's resurgance this decade.

What I found odd about it is that most of all the franchises trademarked from last year followed suit with that trend except for a few.

i.e. Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, Style Savvy, F-Zero, and Sin & Punishment were trademarked to renew what they had roughly 10 years before that

The oddities? Advance Wars & Wario Land

The first one came as a shock to me (and also a welcome surprise at that lol) because I noticed it was the only franchise on a smaller scale to have gone the longest time without any kind of trademark. It went a whooping 17 and a half years from it's initial trademark in 2001 (ironically, before the launch of the first GBA AW) to it's recent trademark renewal around this time last year. It was trademarked alongside Style Savvy but in the case of the latter, it was indeed a 10 year renewal like most of the others. The other weird part is that Famicom Wars/Game Boy Wars weren't trademarked despite those names being trademarked before around the same time AW was in 2001.

If AW's trademark had anything to do with a 10 year renewal or it's involvement in Smash, it would have been renewed either...

A) At the start of the decade when it was time to renew the trademark for it's 10-year renewal
B) During the time the Wars games hit the Virtual Console on the Wii U/3DS or for it's apperance as an AT in Smash 4

So while nothing concrete, it's a very interesting situation especially considering Custom Robo didn't have a renewed trademark and it had more content than AW in Ultimate (CR had a Mii Costume despite it's trademark being cancelled). Is there really something AW-related on the way? Who's to say really.

As for Wario Land, what's very interesting is that WL was trademarked a few times in recent years. It got a trademark for the VB game (oddly enough) back in the Spring of 2017 and there was a 4chan "leak" from December 2017 that featured a 3DS Wario Land VB remake alongside a WarioWare "best of" kind of game, a Link's Awakening remake, & teased a 3DS Advance Wars all on the 3DS. It got WarioWare down to a tee almost and it predicted Link's Awakening before insiders even reported on it.

Said leak looked less likely over time but maybe plans changed and both the Link's Awakening and Wario Land VB remakes were moved to the Switch? It's really possible because the 3DS was dying a death at the time and it's one way to salvage a project from failure.

And lastly on the topic of WL, Wario Land (not Wario Land VB) was also trademarked literally the same day as WarioWare last year before the March 2018 Direct where WarioWare Gold was announced. Why would Nintendo need to do that if they had nothing for Wario Land at the time? Or for that matter, trademark it twice within a year?

So yeah, very interesting takeaway's I discovered while fiddling with that site. None of this has to amount to anything sure but I find it way too odd for that to be the case IMO.

Apologies for this not being too Golden Sun-related but I thought it was relevant in light of trademark discussions going on here. Even if Golden Sun's trademark was indeed a 10 year renewal, I still feel it has a strong chance of coming back sooner or later. Hell, by this time next year, I bet we'll be discussing the new GS game/remake and what we're looking forward to seeing. Assuming no Mario Golf of course lol.

EDIT: Golden Sun's trademark was not a renewal my B.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
To be honest the game awards had nothing to do with the speculation being killed, it was the amount of stupid "deconfirmations" (that I no longer trust myself to be honest), if none of them happened I'm sure even with the lack of news at TGA ppl would still feel like eager to talk about characters. At the same time tho… there's barely anything new to be said about any character, everyone already rubbed in over 10 times why a character's game is important, "iconic", blahblahblah… or their movesets… Thank god Sakurai said "it has to be fun too" , lol. I'm just patiently waiting for the trademark's development to eventually show what's coming for GS, hopefully during 2020. There is a serious lack of scope of what fans should expect in 2020 tbh, first party-wise mostly… Nintendo really needs to show their ammo soon for 2020, the year where the other 2 companies are gonna get already a next gen console. I'm crossing my fingers for GS, and for BOTW 2 to not be delayed and the rumored plans for 2020 to stay alive, lol.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To be honest the game awards had nothing to do with the speculation being killed, it was the amount of stupid "deconfirmations" (that I no longer trust myself to be honest), if none of them happened I'm sure even with the lack of news at TGA ppl would still feel like eager to talk about characters. At the same time tho… there's barely anything new to be said about any character, everyone already rubbed in over 10 times why a character's game is important, "iconic", blahblahblah… or their movesets… Thank god Sakurai said "it has to be fun too" , lol. I'm just patiently waiting for the trademark's development to eventually show what's coming for GS, hopefully during 2020. There is a serious lack of scope of what fans should expect in 2020 tbh, first party-wise mostly… Nintendo really needs to show their ammo soon for 2020, the year where the other 2 companies are gonna get already a next gen console. I'm crossing my fingers for GS, and for BOTW 2 to not be delayed and the rumored plans for 2020 to stay alive, lol.
True that.

BTW, what do you think of the finds I made in my previous post in regards to the trademark topic? It's interesting for many reasons and the outliers are glaring.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
To be honest, the fact that no reveal happened at the VGAs only strengthens the deconfirms as it gives a reason to why no one was giving a name so close to when 5 was rumored to be shown.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So while nothing concrete, it's a very interesting situation especially considering Custom Robo didn't have a renewed trademark and it had more content than AW in Ultimate (CR had a Mii Costume despite it's trademark being cancelled). Is there really something AW-related on the way? Who's to say really.
I should probably mention that C.R.'s trademark isn't gone. Said trademark was referring to the GCN discs used for C.R.: Battle Revolution, NOT the series as a whole. If it was, C.R. would have NO content in Smash Ultimate whatsoever.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I should probably mention that C.R.'s trademark isn't gone. Said trademark was referring to the GCN discs used for C.R.: Battle Revolution, NOT the series as a whole. If it was, C.R. would have NO content in Smash Ultimate whatsoever.
IIRC, the last time it was trademarked was like 2006 no? That was when I saw it last trademarked. I wasn't aware of the GCN disks thing.

And even then, why wasn't it trademarked like all the other series last year? It comes off as weird especially for the ones I mentioned.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
The original series trademark has been expired for over a year with no replacement. That's the most important part. Game specific ones don't really matter if the series itself isn't commercially protected since those trademarks are only for those games

You don't see us talking about the Dark Dawn trademark for this reason; that trademark only works for Dark Dawn and nothing else. The Golden Sun trademark that came prior, on the other hand...

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I've frankly given up trying to apply any sort of logic to IP law. It might as well be entirely constructed out of wishes and bubblegum for all the sense we can make out of it.

I think we talked about this a couple hundred pages ago, but this thread brought up the idea of how well Nintendo is marketing their franchises. I just constantly think about how much marketing they've given every single first-party IP and how much of a departure that is from how things had been. Even obscure as hell franchises like Xenoblade Chronicles and Luigi's Mansion. Sure BotW and Odyssey got play, but traditionally smaller games? 10m for Luigi's mansion lifetime? That's nuts. Seeing Fire Emblem marketed actively like it's cool (it is cool) is nuts.

I just wonder where the cutoff is. Do they love Advance Wars and Golden Sun enough to do the same for them? This time next year when everyone is abuzz with their sexboxes and their playstation 7s, sure BotW 2 gets a massive push, but will they try to sell something more obscure to a wide audience and not just shuffle it out there in JRPG shame like they've traditionally done?

Indications are yes, but that just seems like the most wild of dream futures. I can't imagine a franchise would go from six-feet-under SUPER dead to being on Wal-Mart displays in a year.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've frankly given up trying to apply any sort of logic to IP law. It might as well be entirely constructed out of wishes and bubblegum for all the sense we can make out of it.

I think we talked about this a couple hundred pages ago, but this thread brought up the idea of how well Nintendo is marketing their franchises. I just constantly think about how much marketing they've given every single first-party IP and how much of a departure that is from how things had been. Even obscure as hell franchises like Xenoblade Chronicles and Luigi's Mansion. Sure BotW and Odyssey got play, but traditionally smaller games? 10m for Luigi's mansion lifetime? That's nuts. Seeing Fire Emblem marketed actively like it's cool (it is cool) is nuts.

I just wonder where the cutoff is. Do they love Advance Wars and Golden Sun enough to do the same for them? This time next year when everyone is abuzz with their sexboxes and their playstation 7s, sure BotW 2 gets a massive push, but will they try to sell something more obscure to a wide audience and not just shuffle it out there in JRPG shame like they've traditionally done?

Indications are yes, but that just seems like the most wild of dream futures. I can't imagine a franchise would go from six-feet-under SUPER dead to being on Wal-Mart displays in a year.
Advance Wars is going to be repping Walmart silly.

Nah but like there's precedent in a franchise going away for some time and then being back in the forefront. Crash & DMC come to mind here.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
On the "speculation is dead" front, I find mostly there's just little to say with only the one character left in the Fighters Pass and absolutely no idea how what direction they will go with future DLC, including even basic details like "will there be a pack?". There's basically no way to guess what is coming next, so I'd rather just wait for the next batch of news and see what happens.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
The original series trademark has been expired for over a year with no replacement. That's the most important part. Game specific ones don't really matter if the series itself isn't commercially protected since those trademarks are only for those games

You don't see us talking about the Dark Dawn trademark for this reason; that trademark only works for Dark Dawn and nothing else. The Golden Sun trademark that came prior, on the other hand...
Couldn't have explained it better myself.

And for WHOEVER that still believes trademarks can be bought for no reason and just waste money for nothing… I humbly laugh at whoever thinks like that, lol. That's not how it goes, specially not with NoJ, specially not with a category 9 involved that is exclusively to ensure a game product is going to be sold. Quoting what NessAtc told me once on the topic of trademarks: "Copyright protects the use of characters and stuff from a specific series outside of fair use. Trademark protects a brand for sale. If you have nothing for sale, you have no basis for a trademark." It's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of when now.

I hope it's an announcement during early 2020… just because it would make the most sense to have an announcement not too far away from the time the trademark got approved.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Rumor dump because it's kind of awful right now and we're probably not getting a Direct for at least three weeks. Here are all the major lingering rumors that I've heard from my contacts, including the Mii costume guy and NoA ambassador, since probably like July. Definitely food for thought for a highly probable January Direct and beyond.

-No less than 7 Nintendo Remakes/Remasters for 2020. None are supposedly Zelda, Kirby, DK, or Star Fox. One has been made public by a couple of people, Sunshine HD, but confidence in it being real is super low.

Add in: another clarification: none have been formally announced yet so Xenoblade DE is not part of this.
Fatmanonice from the Geno thread put down some of the notable rumors he heard from Sabi's inside circle, one of them being this one above. I think if this rumor is to believed a Golden Sun remake is a solid contender to be part of those seven. I think the most likely candidate in that regard though as well would be Sinnoh remakes. Of course I don't want to put too much stock into it but it's fun to speculate about it in this slow period. If you want to read the other rumors he has just click on the quote to take you to the original thread

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Fatmanonice from the Geno thread put down some of the notable rumors he heard from Sabi's inside circle, one of them being this one above. I think if this rumor is to believed a Golden Sun remake is a solid contender to be part of those seven. I think the most likely candidate in that regard though as well would be Sinnoh remakes. Of course I don't want to put too much stock into it but it's fun to speculate about it in this slow period. If you want to read the other rumors he has just click on the quote to take you to the original thread
Keep in mind Fatman is incredibly unreliable, I'm not sure he even has sources anymore.

That said, it's fun to speculate what they would be. Besides (hopefully) Golden Sun and Mario Sunshine, I could see the Sinnoh Pokemons, a Fire Emblem remake (either FE4, 7, or 9), a remake of Kid Icarus Uprising, a Metroid remake (either the Prime games or Super/Fusion), an F-Zero remake or an Advance Wars remake.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Keep in mind Fatman is incredibly unreliable, I'm not sure he even has sources anymore.

That said, it's fun to speculate what they would be. Besides (hopefully) Golden Sun and Mario Sunshine, I could see the Sinnoh Pokemons, a Fire Emblem remake (either FE4, 7, or 9), a remake of Kid Icarus Uprising, a Metroid remake (either the Prime games or Super/Fusion), an F-Zero remake or an Advance Wars remake.
He is not part of the private chat group where NoA guy is (the day he was suddendly gone from it i wasn't even online so I dunno what happened myself, I didn't even ask because I don't care about drama), so I don't know what source would he even have these days. I don't know where this 7 remakes/remasters or whatever comes from at all, I definitely don't remember myself NoA guy saying something like that, must be from somewhere else.

Btw, due to some issues, there's a big chance (not to say definitive, but most likely) that NoA guy won't giving us more hints anymore. Either way, the hint pictures we were getting from him, were leading us nowhere lately, to be honest, so it's not really a big loss on that part, the only last hint that led us to something was the Banjo kazooie hint way back then. Other than that I'm still eager to see when will the "tales news" happen (that he told us about literally the same day the 2 tales trademarks went viral). Whatever it is it's coming to Nintendo, since we heard this from him. But yeah, I think 2020 will be blind territory for me, unless he sometimes shares a rumor or something with us as friends of his. Since he is a huge GS fan i'm gonna HOPE whatever GS is coming (due to the trademark), he might let us know something about it if he hears something someday lol, hopefully… either way we know something is coming anyway, I just hope it gets announced sooner than later.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
Yeah I already pointed out that I'm not putting too much stock into his claims but it's fun to speculate about something while the conversation right now is pretty barren

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
assuming he's right, Golden Sun, Disaster Days of Crisis, Virtual Boy Wario Land, and AW I feel are happening, but I think that regardless of if he's right or not they will anyway

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we're going to start enabling grifters by willfully entertaining their claims, can we at least focus on those which don't stem from people who've tried to take advantage of this community?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If the 7 remake/remaster rumor is right, I could see it being something like...

- Pokemon Sinnoh remakes (likely after Sw/Sh IMO)
- Super Metroid remake (rumored by several insiders like GX and Verge)
- Mario Sunshine remaster (or remasters of the Galaxy games)
- Famicom Dective Club remake (being localized for the West)
- Kid Icarus Uprising Remaster (perhaps to bridge the gap between now and a new KI game whenever that may happen)
- F-Zero GX remaster (a way to satisfy F-Zero fans in the franchise's abscence)
- Golden Sun 1 & 2 remake (what we're all hoping for and the chances for this finally happening seems plausible for once)

As much as i'd like to say Advance Wars given i'm a hardcore stan for that franchise, it makes no sense to remake any game from that series. I know one of the Three Houses producers said he wants to remake Famicom Wars but you can't remake a game that literally has no story lol. A new game is the way to go for that series and one I hope comes to pass next year. And after Wargroove's success, there's actually a chance for this.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Regardless of the validity or how much truth there is to the FMOI post, I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting another remaster/remake, or remasters/remakes, or at the least some kind of port in the next Nintendo Direct, whenever the hell that will be (for the sake of the sanity of the entire fanbase, hopefully sometime January). We've gotten a fair amount of them from Nintendo in recent times, or atleast that's what it feels like to me.

As for which remasters I'd want:

I'm in the middle of having a serious Fire Emblem addiction ever since doing all routes in FE:3H, and even decided to buy FE: Echoes because of this, so another remake of a classic FE would be cool (ideally 4 or 6; 4 because of all the praise I hear for it and 6 just to see what the game with Roy is like, as well as to see what happens after the events of FE7)

I'd love it if a Sunshine remaster came out though. Sunshine is the only mainline Mario platformer I've yet to play. If a remaster for that game is ever announced I'll pounce on it faster than a jackrabbit on caffeine.

Oh yeah, and getting Golden Sun remakes/remasters would be cool. That kind of goes without saying here...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If we're going to start enabling grifters by willfully entertaining their claims, can we at least focus on those which don't stem from people who've tried to take advantage of this community?
Grifter? Would you like to talk about this in private, perhaps Discord?

Nazyrus Nazyrus The NoA source said he was going to be done with hints and rumors after the VGAs unless he changed his mind and told you all differently once I was out of the group. Either way, I'm not going to ask him about stuff anymore because the guy definitely deserves to "retire" given everything that's happened in the past year.

Also, I'm going to PM you in a moment... And you aren't able to get PMs... Can I talk to you on Discord too?

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
My prediction is still January. It's quite possible a Direct could happen next week, but for whatever reason, I just can't see it happening. I'd love to wrong, of course, but that's just my gut feeling.

Smash Lord
My prediction is still January. It's quite possible a Direct could happen next week, but for whatever reason, I just can't see it happening. I'd love to wrong, of course, but that's just my gut feeling.
I saw Nintendo announce Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC on Twitter which if there was a direct this month, I'd assume they would've saved that announcement for that so yeah I've given up hope for a direct this month. January or February are pretty much the shoe-ins unless FP5 is announced outside of a direct for some reason

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I saw Nintendo announce Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC on Twitter which if there was a direct this month, I'd assume they would've saved that announcement for that so yeah I've given up hope for a direct this month. January or February are pretty much the shoe-ins unless FP5 is announced outside of a direct for some reason
I can honestly see that happening. It wouldn’t be the first time they dropped a smash character on its own. Though, it’s very unlikely as Smash Character reveals tend to bring in hype. Which I’m pretty sure Nintendo would want to keep for Directs/Special Events/Etc.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
On the remaster or remake side, outside of Golden Sun obviously, nobody talked about a potential Xenoblade Chronicles X port on Switch. I hope, at least.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I can't believe we're having all this remake talk and I forgot to mention Wario Land especially after what I wrote about it's trademark lmao.

I think it's something that might have been in the works for some time and might have been planned on the 3DS.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I can't believe we're having all this remake talk and I forgot to mention Wario Land especially after what I wrote about it's trademark lmao.

I think it's something that might have been in the works for some time and might have been planned on the 3DS.
I've already mentioned that there was actually a leak for Virtual Boy Wario Land at the same time as the Link's Awakening remake and the WarioWare 3DS leaks, back in 2017-2018. the WW3DS game obviously became WarioWare Gold, and we just got that Link's Awakening remake, so VB Wario Land should be happening sooner or later.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/76146238

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I've already mentioned that there was actually a leak for Virtual Boy Wario Land at the same time as the Link's Awakening remake and the WarioWare 3DS leaks, back in 2017-2018. the WW3DS game obviously became WarioWare Gold, and we just got that Link's Awakening remake, so VB Wario Land should be happening sooner or later.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/76146238
I actually mentioned that rumor in my megapost yesterday. I saw the rumor back in March last year when N3ON N3ON showed it to me and I was convinced of it's validity due to the WarioWare part of it. As time went on, I sorta lost hope because the 3DS was on it's way out and no Wario Land was in sight. But then Link's Awakening was finally revealed last February and things seemed to line up a bit better but still not as much as I hoped. He also mentioned a Zelda mobile game that's never came to pass (it could always happen later I guess but he was still pretty off).

It's always possible he could be a lucky guesser but those are a lot of things to not only get right, but to say before Link's Awakening/Wario Land was even rumored (and for that matter, before the Wario Land trademark on March 7th, 2018). And the fact that this guy also teased Advance Wars in his post makes me want to believe him more lol.

It is plausible though. If development for Link's Awakening really did start on the 3DS and moved to the Switch, then it's possible the same is happening for Wario Land VB and it's just taking longer to pan out.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I actually mentioned that rumor in my megapost yesterday. I saw the rumor back in March last year when N3ON N3ON showed it to me and I was convinced of it's validity due to the WarioWare part of it. As time went on, I sorta lost hope because the 3DS was on it's way out and no Wario Land was in sight. But then Link's Awakening was finally revealed last February and things seemed to line up a bit better but still not as much as I hoped. He also mentioned a Zelda mobile game that's never came to pass (it could always happen later I guess but he was still pretty off).

It's always possible he could be a lucky guesser but those are a lot of things to not only get right, but to say before Link's Awakening/Wario Land was even rumored (and for that matter, before the Wario Land trademark on March 7th, 2018). And the fact that this guy also teased Advance Wars in his post makes me want to believe him more lol.

It is plausible though. If development for Link's Awakening really did start on the 3DS and moved to the Switch, then it's possible the same is happening for Wario Land VB and it's just taking longer to pan out.
Alternatively, they didn't want Wario Land to come out in 2019 due to all the new IP that was coming out during the year, plus the big hits like Yoshi, SMM2, LA and FE3H

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alternatively, they didn't want Wario Land to come out in 2019 due to all the new IP that was coming out during the year, plus the big hits like Yoshi, SMM2, LA and FE3H
True that. It could also be an issue of Skip needing time to adapt developing for the Switch better. This has usually been an issue for Gamefreak with Pokemon in the past and Intelligent Systems with console hardware (notably having assistance from Koei Tecmo for 3H).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Grifter? Would you like to talk about this in private, perhaps Discord?

Nazyrus Nazyrus The NoA source said he was going to be done with hints and rumors after the VGAs unless he changed his mind and told you all differently once I was out of the group. Either way, I'm not going to ask him about stuff anymore because the guy definitely deserves to "retire" given everything that's happened in the past year.

Also, I'm going to PM you in a moment... And you aren't able to get PMs... Can I talk to you on Discord too?
I can' get PMs here? that's weird… i don't even know how to fix that. Apparently I can PM other people tho -shrugs- I dunno what's up with that. But sure yeah go ahead.

What rumored plans?
Maybe I should phrase it better, but NoA basically was like 30% sure (waaaay earlier this year) that BOTW2 was gonna be for 2020, then Sabi's other source gave sabi a solid yes on botw2 being planned for 2020. I think he even tweeted it at some point. But you know, zelda games… usually get delayed, so that's what i mean by hoping it doesn't happen / hoping the plans stay alive.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Another thing in regards to the trademark madness. And I think this explains a lot in regards to the weird Wii trademarks we were seeing in 2018.

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/nintendo-brings-wii-games-to-china-on-the-nvidia-shield/

Maybe all those Wii trademarks were for the Chinese release of the Wii (or at least planned for the Wii)? I mean hell, you had games like Link's Crossbow Training being trademarked of all things along with Disaster: Day of Crisis so it really adds up. Brawl was even among those trademarked. Most of those game-related trademarks were nearly exlusive to the Wii so it does make sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom