• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
This has got me thinking, this is the one assist trophy screenshots out of all of them he tweeted, but then again it could be just that he thought it looked really cool and he also saved it for last in the direct so he's really proud of the AT itself. But still the more I think about it, the more I feel it could be an actual hint since Sakurai is an infamous troll. Who knows?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well... if the gamexplain guys played golden sun we will have a video about it(but I doubt, probably if Isaac is revealed as playable they will react in the video "Who is this generic blond Swordsman with magic?" and one watching "IS FREAKING ISAAC YEEEEEEEES" and other "The binding Isaac one?" "AUGH FOR THE LOVE OF WISE ONE" and in the last second of the trailer "Oooooh the hand guy AT from Brawl" then GSfan will respond "... I will kill you with him so many times when he game releases")

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It does seem somewhat notable that they went with a Camelot style camera angle, but it's probably nothing.

I do think it's kinda interesting how we're seeing more things that remind us of Golden Sun. Like the sun in K. Rool's trailer. I mean I know it's just a sun.... but it was a BIG sun. They were practically slapping us in the face with that sun.

I just think it's interesting that we never really saw imagery that reminded us of Golden Sun in the lead up to the last Smash game. (and its not like we were any less eager to see what we wanted to see back then)
Here's the truth about Camelot's trademark camera angle.

It's not the ideal camera angle.

In a 2d, it's difficult to implement, and in a 3d game, it's too expensive to render up close.

Hell, Pokemon sorta does it, but that's also why it's laggy as crap.

That's why there isn't that many RPG's with that camera angle.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Well I mean, Isaac is kinda the "bad" guy in the first game, but that is stretching it
man Pwnapplez Pwnapplez I've been trying to figure that one out for a while after playing through the lost age
After Isaac's party totally murdered Saturos and Menardi
was there anything that actively made those 2 evil? I know their methods were a little rough but I don't think they actually killed anyone

Editing this because in the time I went to work and came back there has been like 5 new pages for me to read through and Alot of comments I would have liked to speak about, The support for Isaac has been overwhelming lately I've spent the last 5 years trying to get anyone around me to play golden sun and no one has made it past the rock that falls off mt. Aleph (Yes at the beginning of the game), I'm just so happy to see so many of you that have played through a golden sun game. This latest picture with the rathalos is so cool, I find it really interesting that the order the fighters are in is the order they got added to smash so If Isaac was secretly in this picture it would make perfect sense to have him on the far right somewhere. On a side note I noticed near the bottom left a bar with yellow followed by a bit of black anyone know what that is? It looks like a bar that shows how many pictures are in an album but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Olo

Smash Cadet
Editing this because in the time I went to work and came back there has been like 5 new pages for me to read through and Alot of comments I would have liked to speak about, The support for Isaac has been overwhelming lately I've spent the last 5 years trying to get anyone around me to play golden sun and no one has made it past the rock that falls off mt. Aleph (Yes at the beginning of the game), I'm just so happy to see so many of you that have played through a golden sun game. This latest picture with the rathalos is so cool, I find it really interesting that the order the fighters are in is the order they got added to smash so If Isaac was secretly in this picture it would make perfect sense to have him on the far right somewhere. On a side note I noticed near the bottom left a bar with yellow followed by a bit of black anyone know what that is? It looks like a bar that shows how many pictures are in an album but that's probably just wishful thinking.
I think just not everyone really enjoys JRPGs. Additionally, in my opinion, the experience is not as good when playing on emulator vs. a real handheld. I played on a DS Lite back in the day since it had a GBA slot, and nowadays I play on my hacked 2DS, which is just as good. Much more fun than playing on a keyboard.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
When Isaac gets in, it's obvious one of his screenshots would be something like this standing next to maybe a Felix echo or a new Golden Sun assist trophy like Jenna or maybe just other Smash fighters that are associated with Mercury, Jupiter and Mars
I think just not everyone really enjoys JRPGs. Additionally, in my opinion, the experience is not as good when playing on emulator vs. a real handheld. I played on a DS Lite back in the day since it had a GBA slot, and nowadays I play on my hacked 2DS, which is just as good. Much more fun than playing on a keyboard.
I have a CFW new3ds what are you running to get golden sun on there?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
man Pwnapplez Pwnapplez I've been trying to figure that one out for a while after playing through the lost age
After Isaac's party totally murdered Saturos and Menardi
was there anything that actively made those 2 evil? I know their methods were a little rough but I don't think they actually killed anyone

The black fade has nobody in there. Someone probably cropped it.

Wait, they're in order in which they managed to get in? Now that seems like a bit more effort than a usual tweet from sakurai.

Btw, i need to play Golden sun some more.

EDIT: Holy mother of god, they ARE in the exact same order. WHAT.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
Something else I just found out was that Waluigi was made by a Camelot employee, I never knew this but find it endlessly amusing.
Wait, they're in order in which they managed to get in? Now that seems like a bit more effort than a usual tweet from sakurai.

Btw, i need to play Golden sun some more.

EDIT: Holy mother of god, they ARE in the exact same order. WHAT.
totally overlooked what you mean but I just realized that literally golden sun party is generally comprised of the order they join the party unless you edit it, I mean most JRPGS do this but I think It further shows he might be referencing an RPG with his tweet

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
It certainly does look like it, but it's also a very JRPG type of camera view. It's also cool how they all are RPG characters as the party some people treat zelda as one for whatever reason
I can totally see that as a reference of the doom dragon boss, then Isaac is just missing in this picture x)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Something else I just found out was that Waluigi was made by a Camelot employee, I never knew this but find it endlessly amusing.
You didn't know? I thought you would knew, given how expressive he is in Mario Tennis Aces.

The Takashi brothers practically made waluigi, and nobody seems to credit them.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
You didn't know? I thought you would knew, given how expressive he is in Mario Tennis Aces.

The Takashi brothers practically made waluigi, and nobody seems to credit them.
I just totally missed it, figured he was in mario party first or something, If only the people who want Waluigi understood what they were really asking for ;)

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
This entire thing just makes me glad that Rathalos doesn't have two or even three heads. That guy is annoying enough as is. As hard as it is these past few days, I'm actively trying not to get too excited from seemingly random things this time around, mostly just from not wanting to be burnt again.

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman
This entire thing just makes me glad that Rathalos doesn't have two or even three heads. That guy is annoying enough as is. As hard as it is these past few days, I'm actively trying not to get too excited from seemingly random things this time around, mostly just from not wanting to be burnt again.
It's like trying to figure out if that girl likes you or not, nothing to go off but you speculate anyways

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
It's fine. We're just speculating.

" On a side note I noticed near the bottom left a bar with yellow followed by a bit of black anyone know what that is? It looks like a bar that shows how many pictures are in an album but that's probably just wishful thinking. "

Lonodel Lonodel The yellow is part of the item section color palliate on the official smash website. But when looking through his twitter. This is the only game screenshot on his twitter.

Sakurai is so strange.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Someone posted a few pages ago an interview of Camelot speaking about Mario Tennis Aces and on a corner was a Golden Sun segment, did anybody who speaks japanese managed to translate what was writen ?

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
Really? I want to know something about it. Anyone that master japanese language?

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Quick question. How does Golden Sun stack up to the other classic JRPGs?
I love a good JRPG. And have mostly played through the big name classics. Earthbound, final fantasy 7, chrono trigger, Mario RPG. As well as loved the more recent Xenoblade chronicles. Which was like a perfect game to me.

Curious if it's something worth my time. Like what are it's big selling points that make it stand out among other JRPGs?
If Isaac gets in I'll probably play it just to learn about him as I have done with most smash characters.
But otherwise I don't know.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
omg this is getting interesting... do they know something.I feel this.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Im back! For the longest time I always wanted to play as Golden Sun characters in Smash and with echos and skins being a thing.. Im not too sure I would be satisfied with just Isaac because I want to see others from Golden Sun too.. With that said I could totally see Felix being a echo fighter and maybe like Garet, Ivan and Mia could appear in Isaac's final smash and Jenna, Sheba and Piers could appear in Felix's final smash.. Something like that and each character would be represented through Isaac and Felix's color swaps too.

I would also like to see Saturos and Menardi make a appearance too although Agatio and Karst wuld be epic, the one thing Agatio and Karst I want is the Agatio and Karst battle theme.. And maybe their psynergy being used in like a item or something.. My idea for a Golden Sun item would be the Tomegathericon where you can use it to various cast psynergy attacks.. This way we can see more variety that just one element based in a Venus Adept's moveset.

Use Isaac as a promotional thing to promote a new Golden Sun for Switch.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Golden Sun was my first rpg game I ever played, Isaac is my most requested character before the release of Smash 4.
I hope King K. Rool is a sign that Sakurai is giving fans what they want.

I would gladly be on support of our golden boy!

Staarih

Smash Master
Really? I want to know something about it. Anyone that master japanese language?
Yup i can't remember who or in which page it was posted but i definitely saw that
Here's the post with a link:

Also, a user on reddit posted the interview of Camelot with Aces, anyone who knows Japanese that can translate what they say since they mention Golden Sun there? Please? Golden Sun starts to pop up more and more recently and this makes me so happy!

https://i.redd.it/mmk07kla3df11.png
I'm intrigued as well, though it might just mention how Camelot is the developer of GS games and nothing more.

Anyway, great to see this thread so active! Haven't been able to participate much but will try and keep up haha! I think what helps Isaac tremendously now is how his support dates to pre-Brawl, so Sakurai ought to have seen his name be brought up multiple times during these years, much like with Ridley and K. Rool. Any ballot presence to top that off, and things should be looking pretty good for our boy. At least I hope so!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K.Rool hasnt appeared since 64.
People constantly have this misnomer, when there's several games K. Rool has appeared in post-64 that are even on the Wii U eShop. K. Rool was in DK: King of Swing and DK: Jungle Climber on GBA and DS, respectively. He was even playable in King of Swing. He was also playable in DK: Barrel Blast and Mario Super Sluggers. Yes these were spinoffs, but he still appeared regardless.

Of course, Super Sluggers was 10 years ago.

having her an Echo doesn't add anything beyond a character playable.
EXACTLY. That's EXACTLY the point. The only thing Echo Fighters bring is adding a character playable. There's no other reason for them to be playable. That's exactly why Isabelle is so likely. She's perfect as an Echo. She really doesn't have anything new to bring, so just express her personality.

I'm also betting on Shadow and Dixie, both who I think are more likely than Isabelle. Shadow is basically a lock. As for Dixie, Diddy's tail jabs are gone, and Chrom has an altered recovery that's a combination of Roy/Ike. Dixie can totally get her full ponytail whirl recovery now.

As for that image people keep sharing, its really, really cool that it looks a lot like GS. I'd not be shocked if they did a similar image if Isaac gets revealed. But I'm not putting much stock in that.

However, yeah, that isn't a very common camera angle for RPG battles. So it is something of note.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I love a good JRPG. And have mostly played through the big name classics. Earthbound, final fantasy 7, chrono trigger, Mario RPG. As well as loved the more recent Xenoblade chronicles. Which was like a perfect game to me.

Curious if it's something worth my time. Like what are it's big selling points that make it stand out among other JRPGs?
If Isaac gets in I'll probably play it just to learn about him as I have done with most smash characters.
It really depends if you really enjoy the old kind of JRPG format, like Dragon Quest, Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Shining Force. Games that have a lot of dialogue and a lot of figuring out your way through the game. I'd say Golden Sun's best selling points are the OST, The Djinn Game Mechanics, The Lore and Story of two different perspectives between Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. The graphics were ahead of it's time for 2001 and 2002, especially on a GBA. The puzzles that you do and use moves outside of battle to figure them out.

It's a game that throws you back to the olden style of JRPGs and RPGs in general, so if you like that kind of stuff and you have some patience to get through it. Than I am sure it is a JRPG for you.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
Here's the post with a link:

I'm intrigued as well, though it might just mention how Camelot is the developer of GS games and nothing more.

Anyway, great to see this thread so active! Haven't been able to participate much but will try and keep up haha! I think what helps Isaac tremendously now is how his support dates to pre-Brawl, so Sakurai ought to have seen his name be brought up multiple times during these years, much like with Ridley and K. Rool. Any ballot presence to top that off, and things should be looking pretty good for our boy. At least I hope so!
Thank you, I thought it was weird no one replied to this, how come no one cares about Golden Sun being officially mentioned again after all these years, but with so many posts daily it is understandable :-0

So do we know what it says there? Anyone who can help?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038

Calane

Smash Ace
I was going through some of my old folders and came across an old video I made about what Isaac's victory theme could be. I figured I'd upload it again so I could share it with the people in this thread. I know this wouldn't really be his victory theme, though. (I forgot how to post videos, so I hope this works).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw74pKOiCH8

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
It's really hard to keep up with all the support for Golden Sun and Isaac in this thread, but I love seeing people talk about it.

I was going through some of my old folders and came across an old video I made about what Isaac's victory theme could be. I figured I'd upload it again so I could share it with the people in this thread. I know this wouldn't really be his victory theme, though. (I forgot how to post videos, so I hope this works).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw74pKOiCH8
I WANT THAT TO BE HIS VICTORY THEME IN SMASH!

It's definitely peculiar, maybe they're subtly hinting us some information about Golden Sun soon.
The series has been left in the dark for awhile, so it's really hard to say..
Given that they have been talking about it, I hope it comes to their attention that we are rising up for Golden Sun and Our boi! I hope that they notice this.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Given that they have been talking about it, I hope it comes to their attention that we are rising up for Golden Sun and Our boi! I hope that they notice this.
Personally I think the fans are the most passionate and vocal groups out there, and because of it more people are giving the game a shot. (Which is amazing to hear) So it wouldn't be too surprising if Camelot are listening to our demands.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Looks like the doom/fusion dragon nod took off! I only hope that is a hint for Isaac to be in the game.

Camelot did Aces, Aces did well, Nintendo rewards Camelot with Isaac being playable in Smash!

I think the Takashi brothers would rather Isaac be their IP in smash over Waluigi

Crossing my fingers and having hope!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

Golden Sun brings elements of other classic JRPGs such as Dragon Quest and polishes it to the extreme for combat that is satisfying with amazing spectacle with the rotating camera using magic called psynergy that could be used in and out of battle. Each of your party members control a different element with Isaac being Venus for Earth, Garet being Mars for fire, Ivan being Jupiter for Wind/Electricity and Mia for Water/Ice. One of the main hooks of the game is finding creatures in the wild called djinn each belonging to one of the four which give you access to special abilities and class changes depending on the combination you choose for the party which leads to alot of experimentation in what djinn is assigned to your member. The Golden Sun series is often praised for its masterfully created puzzles that are a highlight in various well crafted dungeons

Top Bottom