• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
If Isaac is to get in I really hope they are as generous with the music as they were with Castlevania because Golden Sun as so much great music it would be a crime to only include 1 or 2.
I would be surprised if there is almost no music, Golden Sun belongs to Nintendo.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1027234926167388160

Btw an user named Model_SX29 on Gamespot just post this:

Side note, the Golden Sun games had a little-used feature called Arena Battles that let you use your save data (even cleared game saves) to fight in a colosseum against other players, or regular monsters (including bosses) if you were by yourself. However, players were limited to three party members instead of the usual 4.

The screnshot behing a reference seems more and more likely.
That was another thing I've noticed. The pic itself resembles the Link Battle Arena in Golden Sun. In that game mode, you are limited to 3 party members. This is becoming way more of a hint than ever. But I can't get my hopes too high. But this is Sakurai. Of ALL the pics he would use, why this one? To play with our hearts?!?

Glad to see that r/smashbros post on the top page. Makes me happy to see more GS fans there.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Golden Sun is not just owned by Nintendo, but can ya guess who does music for smash?

That's right. Motoi. Sakuraba.

Ahhh so much support for Isaac on this reddit post, makes me so happy to see that

It's now at 2.0K upvotes. wow.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I would be surprised if there is almost no music, Golden Sun belongs to Nintendo.
These are my track requests:
  • Battle Scene / Final Boss (already in)(remix)
  • Weyard (Dark Dawn) (already in)
  • Isaac Battle Theme/Matthew Battle Theme (medley)
  • Sea of Karagol/Vale (remix)
  • The Elemental Stars
  • Versus Saturos
  • Venus Lighthouse (remix)
  • Jenna’s Theme (remix)
  • Walking with Determination
  • Boss Battle Medley

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
They're gonna probably at least add a few new music for Golden Sun, but imagine 34 Golden Sun songs!
That would be insane if they did that!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To me, the tweet implies that sakurai was not the one responsible for making the screenshot. I was probably one of the bandai staff was a GS fan. But, it also implies to me that Sakurai is a fan of Golden Sun fan too, which surprises me so much. Not sure if it is a tease or not, but I am willing to believe chairs lead to Skull Kid now since Sakurai is allowing hints to be made for characters like Chrom and Dark Samus.

If Isaac gets in, that changes speculation for me. I thought for the longest time that Sakurai felt the Golden Sun series did not earned its place in Smash since the series received minimal content in Smash 4, with no sign of Isaac's AT and Dark Dawn becoming a big flop in 2010. I have doubted Isaac for the longest time because of those reasons, but he just might have a chance now, with that NeoGaf leak gaining a bit more credibility. I would like to see the leak become true because of Prince Sable, my most wanted getting in. But I do not wanna have false hope.

Personally, it is gonna take me a while to process the thought of Isaac having a chance at all. If he does appear, I would like to know why Sakurai decided to add him in the first place, beyond demand being the main factor. :p

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
To me, the tweet implies that sakurai was not the one responsible for making the screenshot. I was probably one of the bandai staff was a GS fan. But, it also implies to me that Sakurai is a fan of Golden Sun fan too, which surprises me so much. Not sure if it is a tease or not, but I am willing to believe chairs lead to Skull Kid now since Sakurai is allowing hints to be made for characters like Chrom and Dark Samus.

If Isaac gets in, that changes speculation for me. I thought for the longest time that Sakurai felt the Golden Sun series did not earned its place in Smash since the series received minimal content in Smash 4, with no sign of Isaac's AT and Dark Dawn becoming a big flop in 2010. I have doubted Isaac for the longest time because of those reasons, but he just might have a chance now, with that NeoGaf leak gaining a bit more credibility. I would like to see the leak become true because of Prince Sable, my most wanted getting in. But I do not wanna have false hope.

Personally, it is gonna take me a while to process the thought of Isaac having a chance at all. If he does appear, I would like to know why Sakurai decided to add him in the first place, beyond demand being the main factor. :p
Probably the same reason why chrom, dark samus, and K. Rool were added.

No. Too minor.
You are correct in how minor it is, and perhaps we are going overboard.

This is all just speculation at the end of the day.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So... I just dreamt that Isaac was playable in Smash (guess I'm that kind of fan now) and I wake up to this Sakurai pic tweet thing. This has to be a sign from Iris herself! :laugh:

Someone get that picture with Isaac superimposed to the GameXplain guys so that they make a video and generate more buzz, they love that stuff!

Holy mother of god, they ARE in the exact same order. WHAT.
You mean the order in which the joined the party? :p

I mean, the fact that Sakurai tweeted that specific picture HAS to be a nod to GS fans, right? RIGHT?!

I wouldn't trust any leaks. No-one leaked Richter despite people knowing Simon would be in. Surely knowledge of both would be joined at the hips?
As it turns out, there was a leak with Richter in it, it just hasn't been given much credit since it has Gardevoir in it and Gothitelle, of all Pokémon, as her echo.

To be honest, I think K. Rool's confirmation has really hurt the big leaker's credibility. Why wouldn't Vergeben or loz mention him? Because he wasn't a safe bet. Before the latest Direct, the general consensus was that relevancy, not fan demand, was what helped characters get in, so they didn't go all in with K. Rool and left it at Ridley. We now know this is not the case.

I'm not even sold on the idea of Isabelle anymore. She doesn't seem that great of a fit as a Villager echo and I don't think Sakurai would make a moveset for her. I also think she's popular as a character, but not as highly requested for Smash as people make her seem.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So... I just dreamt that Isaac was playable in Smash (guess I'm that kind of fan now) and I wake up to this Sakurai pic tweet thing. This has to be a sign from Iris herself! :laugh:

Someone get that picture with Isaac superimposed to the GameXplain guys so that they make a video and generate more buzz, they love that stuff!

You mean the order in which the joined the party? :p

I mean, the fact that Sakurai tweeted that specific picture HAS to be a nod to GS fans, right? RIGHT?!

Yeah. Link = Isaac (Joined first)

Marth = Garet (Joined second)

Shulk = Ivan (3rd one to join.)

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I could just see Master Hand just doing that open palm rush attack before Isaac's move psynergy stops him. The camera pans to the source of the mysterious magic hand before boom Isaac reveals himself from the shadows and lets out Ragnarok as it reveals his tagline 'ISAAC MAKES HIS MOVE' or whatever you want the tagline to be. Then cue gameplay and Felix echo fighter is revealed in the middle of the trailer like Richter or at the end
Awesome
Isaac would appear to defend the Smash Fighters against Master Hand, and when Crazy Hand appears Felix will appear do cover Isaac

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Golden Sun is not just owned by Nintendo, but can ya guess who does music for smash?
Actually, Nintendo fully owns the characters, settings, story and music of Golden Sun, it's just the code of the game itself that is co-owned with CAMELOT, IIRC. I know this because we had this discussion already back in the pre-Smash 4 days and someone looked it up. :p

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't weigh in much on the pic before, so I'll just say I can definitely 100% see the reason people think this is a nod to Golden Sun, there are clear parallels. But I can't say without a doubt that a) it was intentional, and b) even if it was intentional, it's hinting at things to come. And for those reasons, I personally am not treating this as anything more than a nice little reference, with no grander design. Imo it's not enough to hang your hopes on.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's dangerous to read into it any further.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I'm very hopeful for Isaac this time around, and I do feel this picture is a nod towards Golden Sun because of that.

But trust me when I say that if Isaac gets in, he instantly becomes one of my mains if not my true main next to K. Rool and Shantae if she gets confirmed later.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Actually, Nintendo fully owns the characters, settings, story and music of Golden Sun, it's just the code of the game itself that is co-owned with CAMELOT. I know this because we had this discussion already back in the pre-Smash 4 days and someone looked it up. :p
I actually knew Nintendo owns golden sun, I guess i phrased it strangely.

They also fully own custom robo. So they only got themselves to blame to taking trophies out.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I didn't weigh in much on the pic before, so I'll just say I can definitely 100% see the reason people think this is a nod to Golden Sun, there are clear parallels. But I can't say without a doubt that a) it was intentional, and b) even if it was intentional, it's hinting at things to come. And for those reasons, I personally am not treating this as anything more than a nice little reference, with no grander design. Imo it's not enough to hang your hopes on.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think it's dangerous to read into it any further.
Sadly we should not have too much hope, but that kind of buzz tells the world: We exist!

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Damn alright, time to pack up everyone. We had a pretty good run.

You should probably go tell the Geno fans the same while you're at it.
Don't mind him, he thinks Cloud should never have been in Smash as well.

Anyway, you guys gotta remember someone took the time to line this picture up perfectly well. That's some dedication for a simple off-hand reference to a game none of the characters in the screenshot have a connection to

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Honestly, I can see it going either way as well. It could even be a coincidence just because it's a cool-looking angle... but it could not, and Sakurai may be throwing as a little hint. We'll know eventually I guess.

Yeah. Link = Isaac (Joined first)

Marth = Garet (Joined second)

Shulk = Ivan (3rd one to join.)
It would've been amazing if they went that step further and used Roy instead of Marth so that he was a redhead like Garet. :laugh:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
At least is a good thing, thanks to this image we can see the sun in the horizon, if its our sun we don't know, but all we can do is pray, pray for the rise of our golden sun

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sadly we should not have too much hope, but that kind of buzz tells the world: We exist!
It's lovely to see Isaac on leaks and in theories and whatnot. Well, so long as you don't get overly invested in any of them, lol. Even if most/all of them are bogus, it brings Isaac back into the realm of the expected, which translates to more enduring popularity.

It's been a long long long time since Isaac was a staple of leaked rosters. Not since Brawl, really.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's cool to see this place bustling. I don't support Isaac anymore, there's other characters I want in more, but I'll be glad for yous (as much as I can) if he's in. It would be a cool throwback, like Geno.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
They're gonna probably at least add a few new music for Golden Sun, but imagine 34 Golden Sun songs!
That would be insane if they did that!
Yeah we wouldn't get THAT many. But I could see it getting around 10-15. Maybe 20 if we're lucky. They can definitely pull some songs straight out of the games and remix several others.

As it turns out, there was a leak with Richter in it, it just hasn't been given much credit since it has Gardevoir in it and Gothitelle, of all Pokémon, as her echo.
The main reason it hasn't been given much credit isn't because of Gardevoir. Its because it says Richter INSTEAD of Simon, when not only do we have both, but Simon is the default.

To be honest, I think K. Rool's confirmation has really hurt the big leaker's credibility. Why wouldn't Vergeben or loz mention him? Because he wasn't a safe bet. Before the latest Direct, the general consensus was that relevancy, not fan demand, was what helped characters get in, so they didn't go all in with K. Rool and left it at Ridley. We now know this is not the case.
Vergeben was advocating for K. Rool like crazy. He just couldn't actually find anyone who knew anything about K. Rool. Vergeben has stated before that he asked and asked all his contacts about K. Rool.

As for Loz, I know Loz mentioned K. Rool once, but here's the thing about Loz--

Loz has leaked a lot of details about what is shown off in the Directs, starting with E3. He has NEVER received information directly telling him a character is in the game. He didn't know about Ridley at E3, but he knew "Everyone is Here", that Ganondorf was OOT design and had at least one sword smash attack (he actually has three), and that Zelda was LBW design (well, the Direct in English said LBW, even if technically its a K. Rool situation--an amalgation of both newer and older, but leaning more on older).

He knew about the August Direct, that Sakurai would show off the main menu, and he knew that at some point there was a "Heroes vs. Villain" theme coming up at some point. And he even commented about thinking that the Heroes v. Villain theme might mean K. Rool was in, but he wasn't certain. (What he didn't know was that this was only part of K. Rool's trailer.)

Ultimately, I don't trust Loz on anything related to characters. I'm also mixed on trusting Vergeben. He did get Ridley, Snake, and Simon. However, rumors circulated about both of them prior to Vergeben, and if Simon is in, so is Snake. So I'm not exactly sure about my stance on Vergeben atm. Loz is most trustworthy, but NOT with characters IMO.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Don't mind him, he thinks Cloud should never have been in Smash as well.
Um... I also think that. Lol. It's an unpopular opinion (which that fact comes as quite a surprise to me), but I stand by it.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think saying his eyes were a little red was at all a tease. His eyes LITERALLY were red. People were making that comment.

Also, I just noticed that Splatoon has 23 tracks, so GS getting 20+ tracks isn't as iffy as I thought.

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Yeah we wouldn't get THAT many. But I could see it getting around 10-15. Maybe 20 if we're lucky. They can definitely pull some songs straight out of the games and remix several others.IMO.
I don't expect that many either, I just hope one of the remixes is Saturos Battle theme (That theme is soooo good).

Top Bottom