• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There's over 50 AT's in the game total and over 20 AT's missing. We currently are at about 40. If there were over 60 AT's total Sakurai would've said over 60, so we can reasonably assume the total amount if about 53-59.

There's not enough room to bring back every single AT. And I doubt we're done with new AT's either. I don't think every AT will be back, whether they've been promoted to playable or not.

That said Isaac is looking better all the time.

D

Deleted member

Just out of curiosity, does anyone think the track list might be a sort of deconfirmation of other new IP's as well? Final Fantasy has its own slot with two tracks, but Duck Hunt is in "Other"...
Sakurai established that games that only have one entry altogether will be in "Other", although with Final Fantasy, I'm hoping they'll just use the music from other games in that series because, frankly, FF VII didn't have that awesome of a soundtrack. But, this is my bias in wanting the Leviathan battle theme from FF XV in anything.

There's over 50 AT's in the game total and over 20 AT's missing. We currently are at about 40. If there were over 60 AT's total Sakurai would've said over 60, so we can reasonably assume the total amount if about 53-59.

There's not enough room to bring back every single AT. And I doubt we're done with new AT's either. I don't think every AT will be back, whether they've been promoted to playable or not.

Honestly, Sakurai is moving the goalposts on his own, so "over 50" was him being conservative. Granted, I don't think people would clamor for a return of Helirin, because dynamic ATs are top priority, but honestly I see every Pokémon and AT returning, with the more dynamic ATs having a higher summon value than passive ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sakurai established that games that only have one entry altogether will be in "Other", although with Final Fantasy, I'm hoping they'll just use the music from other games in that series because, frankly, FF VII didn't have that awesome of a soundtrack. But, this is my bias in wanting the Leviathan battle theme from FF XV in anything.

Honestly, Sakurai is moving the goalposts on his own, so "over 50" was him being conservative. Granted, I don't think people would clamor for a return of Helirin, because dynamic ATs are top priority, but honestly I see every Pokémon and AT returning, with the more dynamic ATs having a higher summon value than passive ones.
Ok, so franchises that have only one entry are in "Other"? Sorry, I missed that comment. Thanks for the confirmation, that makes way more sense now.

So Golden Sun, Panel de Pon, Banjo, etc., anything like these would definitely get their own sections if they have a playable stage. Got it.

Final Fantasy VII is its own because its third-party. Also, Final Fantasy VII IS its own franchise. There are several games under the banner of "Final Fantasy VII".

EDIT: I guess this also means we won't be seeing tracks for franchises that don't have stages mixed with that of other franchises. If Golden Sun doesn't have a stage, it'll get shifted off of Palutena's Temple and Norfair into stages categorized under "Other".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, so franchises that have only one entry are in "Other"? Sorry, I missed that comment. Thanks for the confirmation, that makes way more sense now.

So Golden Sun, Panel de Pon, Banjo, etc., anything like these would definitely get their own sections if they have a playable stage. Got it.

Final Fantasy VII is its own because its third-party. Also, Final Fantasy VII IS its own franchise. There are several games under the banner of "Final Fantasy VII".

EDIT: I guess this also means we won't be seeing tracks for franchises that don't have stages mixed with that of other franchises. If Golden Sun doesn't have a stage, it'll get shifted off of Palutena's Temple and Norfair into stages categorized under "Other".
Yeah, I'm aware of stuff like Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, the cameo in EHNERGIZ (sp?), but it would be a waste from a musical standpoint to just limit the tracks to VII's universe.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I'm aware of stuff like Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, the cameo in EHNERGIZ (sp?), but it would be a waste from a musical standpoint to just limit the tracks to VII's universe.
At this point, getting more tracks from FFVII wouldn't be a limitation.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

I agree. Though at the same time there are a number of former assist trophies that could be making the jump. Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid (although the latter are speculation rather than an actual leak). Isaac isn't exactly alone.

I'd like to think we still have more new assist trophies to come. I don't care how "doomed" Chibi Robos series is, he deserves to be an assist trophy at least.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree. Though at the same time there are a number of former assist trophies that could be making the jump. Isabelle, Shadow, Skull Kid (although the latter are speculation rather than an actual leak). Isaac isn't exactly alone.

I'd like to think we still have more new assist trophies to come. I don't care how "doomed" Chibi Robos series is, he deserves to be an assist trophy at least.
Shadow and Isabelle I'm very confident in. But regardless, there aren't enough assist trophies that can make the jump to get us within that tight range if all cut AT's return. Especially since we're most likely not done with AT's anyway.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I just noticed Isaac is doing very well for himself in the top 10 most wanted character thread.
Nice. I went ahead and left my top vote for Isaac there, I hope everyone who supports him does as well. :colorful:

I'd prefer if the hypothetical Venus Lighthouse remix went something like this.
That's pretty epic. If we do get a GS stage, I hope the music is similar to that. I want orchestral, chorus and general grandiosity, let it be as epic as it deserves.

Golden Sun music is so great, the game deserves to have a lot of tracks present in Smash. There's no way that the music people working in the game don't acknowledge this, like they did with Castlevania. I mean, why wouldn't they be fans of GS's OST? :p

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Nice. I went ahead and left my top vote for Isaac there, I hope everyone who supports him does as well. :colorful:

That's pretty epic. If we do get a GS stage, I hope the music is similar to that. I want orchestral, chorus and general grandiosity, let it be as epic as it deserves.

Golden Sun music is so great, the game deserves to have a lot of tracks present in Smash. There's no way that the music people working in the game don't acknowledge this, like they did with Castlevania. I mean, why wouldn't they be fans of GS's OST? :p
In Smash 4 where was the GS music located?

If we don't get a stage it would be thrown in other correct?

Isaac Battle Theme, Elemental stars, Venus Lighthouse, would love to hear em

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Composer Motoi Sakuraba, who has worked on GS music, also has been working on Smash music since at least Brawl (I believe). I know he would love to redo/remix GS music again!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
1. I'd like to give my support as well, as i still think isaac has a genuine chance of getting into smash.
2. We still need to know the rest of the AT. The only ones that are left are Isaac, Saki (which might've gotten more votes than we thought), Skull Kid, Shadow, and Dillon. ( Ray is too far gone out of possibility at this point.)
Here's to hoping that Isaac gets in.

Composer Motoi Sakuraba, who has worked on GS music, also has been working on Smash music since at least Brawl (I believe). I know he would love to redo/remix GS music again!
Motoi is the go-to-guy for Camelot, as he even did Mario Tennis Aces recently. I could see him doing the remixes easily.

Last edited:

Istry555

Smash Cadet
2. While looking up some stuff on Smash 4, i came across a finding of Golden Sun's logo in the game.
Can you elaborate. That's the first I've ever heard of the GS logo being in 4's files. I thought only Rythym Heaven had an unused logo in 4.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Can you elaborate. That's the first I've ever heard of the GS logo being in 4's files. I thought only Rythym Heaven had an unused logo in 4.
I do apolgize, but from what i remebered correctly, it was in the 3ds version that a file of a sun was found. However, i have come to a conclusion that it could mean anything. I'm still trying to find this, so i hope i can give a solid conclusion.

Who knows, they could be saying nonsense.

(Update) Nevermind. It was a sham. I found the image, but after reverse searching it, i found that it was an edited stock image. What a joke.

I apologize.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Haven't played enough of Golden Sun but I think Isaac would make a cool fighter. You hav my support! :smash:

And besides, just look at my sign :joyful:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Sakurai is going to give us a full game, I feel like we will get DLC in the future, maybe more stages and more music, who knows.

If Isaac is not in the base game, DLC is our next hope. Skull Kid, Geno, and Isaac would make an amazing reveal trailer.

If GS music was not in Smash 4 I would have zero hope.

Doesn't Sakurai like having unique fighters? Isaac really fits the bill.

"Everyone is here" that is the only thing that is giving me hope

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Guys, that's huge, weren't numerus leaks saying that chorus kids were supose do be in SM4SH, I if remember I heard that data or placeholder were found for them, can't find any leak.
I would really like to see the golden sun logo of Smash 4.

If Rythym Heaven logo is indeed in Smash 4 because the Chorus kids were supposed to be playable, what does it means for our Golden boy?

Why is Isaac AT missing? Because a playable character can't have a trophy of himself!
Why is there a Golden Sun logo?
Isaac playable.
He was probably cut later due to time constraint.
Why wasn't he DLC then? Because a random character don't sells to well as DLC. Thus why Isaac must make it in the base rooster.
But that's just a theory, a game theory!

Now whit the result of the ballot, if Sakurai was indeed considering to had the Golden Boy before, he is a shoe-in!

Please someone sent a pic.:happysheep:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I do apolgize, but from what i remebered correctly, it was in the 3ds version that a file of a sun was found. However, i have come to a conclusion that it could mean anything. I'm still trying to find this, so i hope i can give a solid conclusion.

Who knows, they could be saying nonsense.

(Update) Nevermind. It was a sham. I found the image, but after reverse searching it, i found that it was an edited stock image. What a joke.

I apologize.
Doesn't mean it couldn't have been a placeholder for something. We really have no idea at this point.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless someone can provide proof, I'd advise not to buy into this claim just yet. Smash Bros. games get mined pretty thoroughly, and it's been four years. We probably would've heard about this by now.

But if anyone can find anything conclusively, please feel free to share.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Doesn't mean it couldn't have been a placeholder for something. We really have no idea at this point.
Yeah, but i'd rather not use my poor evidence as proof.

However, i would like to add that there is probably still content to discover in smash 4. Just last year it was discovered that petey piraha was a boss.

https://sourcegaming.info/2017/02/05/unused-petey-piranha-animations-found-in-smash-for-wii-u/

What else was in there? i don't know. Petey piranha isn't also on the Smashwiki, so i don't know at this point.

Okay, this makes this very strange. So a Rythem Heaven emblem is in the data, but no Ice Climbers emblem? Okay, it's really hard to determine how much was actually planned. As a character like Ice Climbers that was "confirmed" in development for smash 4 has no trace.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
so... I'm not very good with speculation thing, but maybe he was cut like the ice climbers? I dunno how his "move" from brawl would fit well in 3DS, in 3ds/wii U we have diferent AT? We know that Ice climbers was cut because 3ds restrictions, maybe Isaac (playable or AT) was cut for the same reason?

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Anyway.... which Sword will be Isaac's Sword? Like all swordsman use some type of "Special" sword in smash
Isaac would use GS Gaia Blade or TLA and DD Sol Blade?

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Weren't Ice Climbers cut because the 3DS could not handle 8 of them at the same time? And is Isaac AT really too hard for the 3DS to render?
Just check, there is only one hand at the time whe he is using is psynergie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4PD6aqclts at 9:22
Ice Climbers is another oddity, as there is no reference to them in any version of 4. Even though they were confirmed to be in the 3ds version at some point.

So i think personally that data mined content isn't a good indicator on whether or not a character was planned or not, as there was probably a lot more or a lot less planned. (shrug)

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Ice Climbers is another oddity, as there is no reference to them in any version of 4. Even though they were confirmed to be in the 3ds version at some point.

So i think personally that data mined content isn't a good indicator on whether or not a character was planned or not, as there was probably a lot more or a lot less planned. (shrug)
For ice climbers i think that Villager or Doctor Mario sometimes are "Cheered" from the crowd as "Popo Nana"

Techo1000

Smash Rookie
Anyway.... which Sword will be Isaac's Sword? Like all swordsman use some type of "Special" sword in smash
Isaac has to get the Gaia Blade. That is his most notable sword.

I could see Felix getting the Sol Blade though if he comes in as an echo.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Unless someone can provide proof, I'd advise not to buy into this claim just yet. Smash Bros. games get mined pretty thoroughly, and it's been four years. We probably would've heard about this by now.

But if anyone can find anything conclusively, please feel free to share.
I remember seeing it and I know why people remember it.

It was a fake leak with a bunch of "unused logos" that got passed around a bit. It did exist, but it wasn't actually real. It was a faked logo.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

It was a fake leak with a bunch of "unused logos" that got passed around a bit. It did exist, but it wasn't actually real. It was a faked logo.
Thank you for confirming that it was fake.

D

Deleted member

Hypothetical question: Isaac gets confirmed, FINALLY! Where do the people from this group go to next in terms of supporting a character. I started thinking about how the K. Rool supporters have been rallying behind Isaac. Who would you rally behind if Isaac got confirmed?

I think the easy answer would be Geno (since he's the other LONG requested RPG character that Nintendo has ignored for years), but I'd also go all in for the Skull Kid support.
I would focus more on Geno, Dixie, Bandanna Dee, Crash Bandicoot and Terra Branford (longshot i know) after Isaac got confirmed.

Speaking of that, comic time.

Unfortunately, once Isaac’s allergies began to kick in, it was pretty much impossible for him to keep any Djinn set.

Last edited by a moderator:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Hypothetical question: Isaac gets confirmed, FINALLY! Where do the people from this group go to next in terms of supporting a character. I started thinking about how the K. Rool supporters have been rallying behind Isaac. Who would you rally behind if Isaac got confirmed?

I think the easy answer would be Geno (since he's the other LONG requested RPG character that Nintendo has ignored for years), but I'd also go all in for the Skull Kid support.

SAKI AMAMIYA.

and geno.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Isaac has to get the Gaia Blade. That is his most notable sword.

I could see Felix getting the Sol Blade though if he comes in as an echo.
I actually had an interesting thought regarding this.

My idea was that Isaac would have the generic sword as seen in his artwork. However maybe they could add the Sol Blade as an item. A weapon that has higher than average damage in the hands of most other characters, but in Isaac’s hands, maybe even Felix’s if he makes it as an echo, they could unleash Megiddo as an altered Final Smash or something. Doing so would break the sword. And honestly they wouldn’t even have to change damage values between Megiddo and Judgement. I’d be OK with it simply being a neat secret.

D

Deleted member

Weren't Ice Climbers cut because the 3DS could not handle 8 of them at the same time? And is Isaac AT really too hard for the 3DS to render?
Just check, there is only one hand at the time whe he is using is psynergie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4PD6aqclts at 9:22
Thing was, even at 30 FPS, something as large as that hand would be taxing on the system. Anything that would mess up environments too badly or create large objects were likely not picked in interest of the 3DS, which in hindsight hindered the Wii U version immensely.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

I think it will be just a regular sword. Focus more on magic attacks. If it's going to be anything different, i will assume the Sol Sword, only because it's more iconic even though the Gaia Blade is truly Isaac's Sword.

I would support the next big contender. The great thing is, the main 3 right now Skull Kid, Geno and Isaac could all work in Smash.

I really think this Smash will be the ultimate version. Everyone will be here, some way or another

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Thing was, even at 30 FPS, something as large as that hand would be taxing on the system. Anything that would mess up environments too badly or create large objects were likely not picked in interest of the 3DS, which in hindsight hindered the Wii U version immensely.
That's an interesting observation...at first i thought Saki was a Wii U Exclusive AT. But all of them are in each version.

God, the 3ds might've been a bit more damaging than expected.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Makes sense. Was it, by any chance, the icon used in the OP? Because I think I remember, from a long while ago, that icon making its way into a fake leak.

But given the legendary Pokemon and ATs such as Andross and Mother Brain, or even Dr. Wright, I'm skeptical that we can use this reason against Isaac.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
That's an interesting observation...at first i thought Saki was a Wii U Exclusive AT. But all of them are in each version.

God, the 3ds might've been a bit more damaging than expected.

The 3DS is what IMO limited Smash for the Wii U.

Characters had to run in both games very well.

I know Robin uses magic, but I feel like psynergy is more taxing on the 3DS

Side note, I think Smash Boards is the only safe grounds for a normal smash discussion

Every other forum I look at I see man-children fighting over video game characters. Half of the hate is bait since that is prob the only attention they get in life.

Idk why the community can't just come together and hype things up. It would look so much better in the long run.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

Usually any of my wants: Lycanroc, Elma, Ayumi.

But I would definitely push more harder for Andy/Will and Isa. Since I think those franchises should be represented as much as GS.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Usually any of my wants: Lycanroc, Elma, Ayumi.

But I would definitely push more harder for Andy/Will and Isa. Since I think those franchises should be represented as much as GS.
Ayyyy. Sin and Punishment support is always needed.

As much as i like isa, i think Saki would be much easier to turn into a character, as most of the moves are already in his assist trophy.

Maybe i'll be proven wrong...but i don't know.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ayyyy. Sin and Punishment support is always needed.

As much as i like isa, i think Saki would be much easier to turn into a character, as most of the moves are already in his assist trophy.

Maybe i'll be proven wrong...but i don't know.
They could be echoes or alt of eachother.

Though I just like Isa more than Saki, and he can use his jet pack to hover around giving him a sort of flight mechanic.

Though, I don’t think there is an Isa support thread. There was for Smash 4 but not for this game. Which is a shame.

But not having a gunblade character like Isa/Saki just because they’re not well known is a missed opportunity for a unique character that can attract a lot of fans.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The 3DS is what IMO limited Smash for the Wii U.

Characters had to run in both games very well.

I know Robin uses magic, but I feel like psynergy is more taxing on the 3DS

Side note, I think Smash Boards is the only safe grounds for a normal smash discussion

Every other forum I look at I see man-children fighting over video game characters. Half of the hate is bait since that is prob the only attention they get in life.

Idk why the community can't just come together and hype things up. It would look so much better in the long run.
They could be echoes or alt of eachother.

Though I just like Isa more than Saki, and he can use his jet pack to hover around giving him a sort of flight mechanic.

Though, I don’t think there is an Isa support thread. There was for Smash 4 but not for this game. Which is a shame.

But not having a gunblade character like Isa/Saki just because they’re not well known is a missed opportunity for a unique character that can attract a lot of fans.
In north america, S&P isnt that popular.

Now the ballot relies heavily on what japan wants. (Though as we've seen with Ashley, sometimes japan's top picks arent chosen.) :<

Top Bottom