• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
So I ran it through for some other games that go released around then and Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, Kirby Mouse Attack and Kirby's Fun Pak also all got recent page updates, so it may just be some sort of algorithm doing some maintenance.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This thread has 21 users and 17 guests.

This thread BLEW UP, it so heart whelming to think that Isaac is likely once again.

Now I wonder what awesome trailer Isaac can get. I wish it’s something as cool as Simon’s. The moment I saw the castle I knew it was him, but man that trailer was so good.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
This thread has 21 users and 17 guests.

This thread BLEW UP, it seems Isaac is likely once again.

Now I wonder what awesome trailer Isaac can get. I wish it’s something as cool as Simon’s. The moment I saw the castle I knew it was him, but man that trailer was so good.
his trailer was perfect for him it was so badass didn't expect Richter but I did want Simon to have other Belmont skins we could have gotten Trevor Juste Leon just to name a few but I'm overall satisfied

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Now just ~16,000 posts until we've caught up to Isaac's SSB4 thread. ;D
16,000 messages? Easy. Let's go guys. So glad to see so much Isaac representation.

Isaac getting in would make this my best year ever so Sakurai, dun let me down! (But don't overwork yourself either)

DogManStar

Smash Ace
With how many posts we’ve gotten in the past few days, I think we could manage a significant portion of that. Though this thread didn’t have as much time to exist as that one did, iirc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With how many posts we’ve gotten in the past few days, I think we could manage a significant portion of that. Though this thread didn’t have as much time to exist as that one did, iirc.
Isaac will get more attention now with K. Rool, Ashley and Simon out of the way, but activity always peaks around reveals.

Plus, the old thread did exist longer pre-release, but who knows what fate befalls this thread post-release. Only Mashed Potato himself...

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Isaac will get more attention now with K. Rool, Ashley and Simon out of the way, but activity always peaks around reveals.

Plus, the old thread did exist longer pre-release, but who knows what fate befalls this thread post-release. Only Mashed Potato himself...
My hopes are revitalized, I think I will be posting more from here until the end. Like you said too, we’ll probably see more attention with most big characters out of the way.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
So I ran it through for some other games that go released around then and Mario Kart DS, Animal Crossing Wild World, Kirby Mouse Attack and Kirby's Fun Pak also all got recent page updates, so it may just be some sort of algorithm doing some maintenance.
Ah...That is unfortunate

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Also noticed another thing about the way they show off the reveal trailers. At the end, they've been showing off villains so far. Does that mean Skull Kid is the next villain rep to be shown?

I say that because someone on r/smashbros made this connection with the yellow and purple chairs: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/96ag6z/everybody_stay_fing_calm_skull_kid_hint/

That seems too real to me.
There is a high chance that it's simply a coincidence although it could be possible. Having Isaac revealed after all this time and the first non-clone Zelda newcomer since Melee would certainly be extremely hype

D

Deleted member

I would like if his specials would be 4 different Djinn, that he has to have used all in order to have Judgment as his final SMASH, if he used only 1 Djinn then it will be just the Venus summon. If he uses the same special move again, it won't do anything but the Djinn gets set back, then he has to try and use it, a bit time consuming (maybe even confusing?) but this would be true to the mechanics of Golden Sun. Of course his normal moves would be Psynergy based. His sword can be just a taunt, that way he will be different from other sword users :laugh:
One key flaw would be that you'd then have to animate four different Final Smashes: Venus, Ramses, Cybelle, and Judgment.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Also noticed another thing about the way they show off the reveal trailers. At the end, they've been showing off villains so far. Does that mean Skull Kid is the next villain rep to be shown?

I say that because someone on r/smashbros made this connection with the yellow and purple chairs: https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/96ag6z/everybody_stay_fing_calm_skull_kid_hint/

Yeah, I’ve noticed a pattern with unique newcomers. We get a hero and then a villain. We got inklings (heroes) then Ridley (Villain), Simon (heroes) then K Rool (Villain). Who knows, maybe a direct will be Isaac then Skull Kid to follow the pattern?

Edit: Also worth noting the Heroes are both from new franchises to smash, while the Villains are from existing franchises. This bodes well for Isaac.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, we had, like, two years of waiting... and then another year or so of waiting.

Then we kept this speculation thread alive during the drought.

We don't have as long of a rainy season as we did then, but honestly, I'm way more hopeful now that K. Rool destroyed the "relevancy" barrier.

Plus... the video ends with a shot of a "golden sun", lol.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Plus... the video ends with a shot of a "golden sun", lol.
Hmm? Ridley's trailer ended in the night (supposedly), which lead to Simon and Richter in Dracula's Castle at night. DK, Diddy and K. Rool fought under a golden sun, which would lead Isaac and Felix to appear by a sun......

Just having fun speculating. Haha!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Hmm? Ridley's trailer ended in the night (supposedly), which lead to Simon and Richter in Dracula's Castle at night. DK, Diddy and K. Rool fought under a golden sun, which would lead Isaac and Felix to appear by a sun......

Just having fun speculating. Haha!
Man, now I won't be able to sleep for several months because I'm thinking about that the entire time. I mean, why would they randomly end the video in front of the sun like that? Is it a coincidence or just for a dramatic flair? The sun did look a little gold...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Come on, people! Let's get some crazy, but plausible ideas/speculations! Let's have some fun here!

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Which Stage you think that will come alongside Isaac when he appears?(I said this thing about Robin in Smash 4 speculation and he happened so letsgo Isaac)

Vale? Venus Lighthouse? Lemuria? Babi's Tower? Mars Lighthouse?

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Venus Lighthouse is probably the best pick. The lighthouse structures are the most important parts of Golden Sun. However, the Sea of Time could be cool too, with Poseidon as a stage hazard.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Hey Isaac fans! Just dropping in from the Geno thread to show my support. I never beat Golden Sun, but I always thought it was a fun game. Despite my lack of beating the game, I still 100% support you guys. I really do hope for his inclusion. I think it's time, and I want to see all of you rejoice.
So here's hoping!

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Which Stage you think that will come alongside Isaac when he appears?(I said this thing about Robin in Smash 4 speculation and he happened so letsgo Isaac)

Vale? Venus Lighthouse? Lemuria? Babi's Tower? Mars Lighthouse?
I don't know if it can be anything other than a Lighthouse (probably Venus) since it's that iconic to the series. It's on the main screen, it's the focal points of the game. And it lends itself so well to a stage idea. Although.. I will say that we may have to think twice given that one of the stages is the towers from LoZ BotW. So if it's not a lighthouse, maybe the Sol Sanctum. I mean, they could make a lighthouse stage pretty unique so I wouldn't completely rule it out. Maybe put the Doom Dragon up there in the background and light up the beacon every so often that blinds the screen for a few seconds.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Come on, people! Let's get some crazy, but plausible ideas/speculations! Let's have some fun here!
Sakurai specified that the Castlevania stage was the darkest stage in the game. Who knows, maybe the Golden Sun stage will be the brightest in the game?

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Sakurai specified that the Castlevania stage was the darkest stage in the game. Who knows, maybe the Golden Sun stage will be the brightest in the game?
Apollo Ascent confirmed as Golden Sun stage. All characters will take damage when they are not in the shade or wearing the new Umbra Gear item.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Lemuria ship would be cool if we had Felix as a echo, since well Isaac traveled in a Lemurian ship but we didn't control it
Sol Sactum or a Lighthouse(maybe scrolling between the four with diferent bosses each) as a "safe bets" for Isaac's stage?

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Is there a discord for this group? I think it would be cool for people to be able to watch the directs and react live if Isaac were confirmed as a PC in Ultimate.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Also, if there were a secondary stage besides a main one for Golden Sun, my nomination would be Colosso.

It would be a scrolling stage and you would have to do the various different events while fighting.

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
One key flaw would be that you'd then have to animate four different Final Smashes: Venus, Ramses, Cybelle, and Judgment.
As cool as that would be see I do agree with you that it's unlikely that Sakurai would give priority to Isaac to have that many final Smashes. Although the Final Smash meter is a good idea for at least maybe Cybelle or Ramses since it's a weaker version of the Smash Ball

Yeah, I’ve noticed a pattern with unique newcomers. We get a hero and then a villain. We got inklings (heroes) then Ridley (Villain), Simon (heroes) then K Rool (Villain). Who knows, maybe a direct will be Isaac then Skull Kid to follow the pattern?

Edit: Also worth noting the Heroes are both from new franchises to smash, while the Villains are from existing franchises. This bodes well for Isaac.
And if we get a pattern with every newcomer from a newly represented IP getting an alternate version like the Inklings with both genders and Simon/Richter we can also get a Felix echo! I mean his battle theme has been in Smash Bros for 10 years
Is there a discord for this group? I think it would be cool for people to be able to watch the directs and react live if Isaac were confirmed as a PC in Ultimate.
I'll send you the link to the Smash Underdogs discord in your inbox where there is an Isaac channel. Also we aren't supposed to double post in these thread so next time it's a good idea to edit your original post if you want something more to say

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
also, we got any speculation in Isaac alts?
for me he would have his party members alts( and Felix's party if our second favorite Venus adept isn't a echo)
and if we have i want to enter too

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

Well considering that Sakurai HIMSELF is now making criptic hints as to who the Future newcomers are (He did this with K. Rool in one of his Tweets about his eyes being red)!

I would not be surprised if that is a hint for Skull Kid and he's revealed during the next Smash info dump (Along with Isaac and a few other Assist Trophy characters whose trophies were absent)!

Also! I would like to become a supporter for this support thread (If It means us getting a unique RPG Nintendo owned character who's not just another blue haired Fire Emblem swordsmen or is a Earthbound clone of Ness)!

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Also, should we be playing a certain DKC Cartoon video for you? :laugh:
Hahaha i see what you did there ! :laugh:
Hey True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior could you add me to the supporters' list please ?

It's awesome to see how this thread is becoming more and more active, Isaac is now the undisputed number one most wanted characters for Smash Ultimate !

Anyway, I plan to play Golden Sun asap, it's one of these great Nintendo games that i still didn't play. I'm gonna play the English version because now that i think about it, i'm way too foo familiar with his name being Isaac, seeing Vlad (his French name) would make me feel weird. I guess i'll feel weird too when i'll see "Vlad" on my Smash Ultimate screen ! :laugh:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hahaha i see what you did there ! :laugh:
Hey True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior could you add me to the supporters' list please ?

It's awesome to see how this thread is becoming more and more active, Isaac is now the undisputed number one most wanted characters for Smash Ultimate !

Anyway, I plan to play Golden Sun asap, it's one of these great Nintendo games that i still didn't play. I'm gonna play the English version because now that i think about it, i'm way too foo familiar with his name being Isaac, seeing Vlad (his French name) would make me feel weird. I guess i'll feel weird too when i'll see "Vlad" on my Smash Ultimate screen ! :laugh:
Isaac is a boy of many names.

Robin, Isaac, Vlad, Hans.

I wonder if they'll repurpose Robin's English Callout for Isaac's Japanese one? Or if they'll have Xander do a different version like "ROY!" and "ROY..."

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Another crazy thought I had about the chairs! Yellow=Venus Lighthouse which also means Isaac. Purple=Jupiter Lighthouse which means Felix. Let me explain!

Venus Lighthouse is THE lighthouse that truly represents Golden Sun and it's what we relate to Isaac all the time. The Jupiter Lighthouse, while not as big as the Mars Lighthouse, is literally in the title screen of The Lost Age and its when Isaac joins Felix after that lighthouse in particular.

Boom! How about that? Too crazy to be true, right?

Top Bottom