• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'd say that the best thing that could indirectly help his chances is a K. Rool and/or Geno reveal, though I don't know how much since the former seems to be more popular and the latter has been a confirmed desire for Sakurai since Brawl. Any other possible ideas for what could help Isaac out?
Wait, did Sakurai say something about Geno publicly? I had never read anything like that before.

Also... 5 mins. until the Direct! :scared: Let's hope for the best, guys.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
No Isaac shown, and Chrom's.... a Roy echo with Ike's Aether? (the neogaf rumor said he'd be Roy's echo)

Keep the hopes alive people!!! C'mon, Isaac!

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
K. Rool is in, everyone! With a few spots left to go and Sakurai finally starting to open up to "irrelevant" characters, Isaac might just have a chance!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Some characters didn't make it, but we're still here.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
I can't believe it. We're still alive. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I have no clue, but we made it out unscathed. I'm so sorry for the Ashley, Shovel Knight and Mimikyu guys. They all got taken out.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I was watching very closely at the "other" music part... I didn't see Golden Sun music.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
K Rool happened! Relevance is dead and he was like the only character bigger than Isaac! GUYS Isaac is gonna happen!!!!!!!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I was watching very closely at the "other" music part... I didn't see Golden Sun music.
Neither did I and that got me so hype. Sakurai, please don't get my hopes up like this only to crush them with Isaac being absent at launch or shown as a last-second AT. You added K. Rool! Throw another Brawl-era fanbase a bone here as well!

There's still a few slots left and I'm wondering how I'm going to contain myself until the next reveal.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
When Gray Fox made a reappearance, I nearly panicked. I thought we were gonna see other returning ATs and Isaac would be a goner. Well, we made it through. Sad to see Ashley and SK get disconfirmed, but at least we still have a fighting chance. Plus, K. Rool and Simon were extremely hype, and K. Rool might mean good things for characters like Geno and Isaac. Let's keep hoping.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Now it's now or never. Heres me hoping that my dream becomes a reality T_T... King K Rool is finally out of the way and my hope has increased further! Common Sakurai, give us what we NEED!

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Man, I was worried during the Assist Trophy segment. We're still in the running, though!

So far, most of the original newcomers seem to be popular requests - Ridley and K. Rool, for example - and based on what we've seen, I'd say Isaac is one such character. I think he's got a good shot at making it in this time! Ridley and K. Rool were definitely more requested than Isaac... but now they're both in, so maybe he'll show up soon! :)

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
K Rool happened! Relevance is dead and he was like the only character bigger than Isaac! GUYS Isaac is gonna happen!!!!!!!
Okay, but seriously, calm down, please. This is the THIRD time I've been hoping for Isaac in a SSB game, and the third time I've participated in such on this forum. I've been through this disappointment twice already. Even in the end of SSB4, pre-DLC, when his AT was suspiciously missing altogether and I really thought that maybe it was our time.

Haven't the characters revealed been following some leak or something? I haven't been following leaks so closely this time around. But the leak I've heard of doesn't seem to have included Isaac. =( It happens this way, every time.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We live to fight another day, with Ashley and King K.Rool out of the way we are the frontrunners. Here's hoping this becomes a reality
k.rool vs isaac.jpg

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Oh man, that was an exciting Direct! I was so nervous during the AT reveals. Ashley got taken out and K. Rool is in! This is great for Isaac and Geno fans!

Fingers crossed for the upcoming Directs, guys. We can do it!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This is insane! Not only 2 of my 5 most wanted got confirmed as new fighters, but Isaac is STILL no where to be seen. And now, Isaac is the last "Big 5" to be shown. This is huge!

For reference, my top 5 are:
1) Isaac
2) Simon Belmont
3) Sora
4) King K. Rool
5) Shadow

Just...wow!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Now that K. Rool's in, it seems like the biggest competition in Isaac's situation of irrelevancy is Geno. There's a lot of characters besides him (Bandana Dee, Gen 7 Pokemon, Elma, third parties, and Dixie and Isabelle if they're unique) that want those remaining spots but if Sakurai is answering those long-term Brawl and now ballot requests, Isaac could actually be next.

I was not expecting to be so overly hopeful after the Direct but now I'll have to exercise some serious patience.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Okay, but seriously, calm down, please. This is the THIRD time I've been hoping for Isaac in a SSB game, and the third time I've participated in such on this forum. I've been through this disappointment twice already. Even in the end of SSB4, pre-DLC, when his AT was suspiciously missing altogether and I really thought that maybe it was our time.

Haven't the characters revealed been following some leak or something? I haven't been following leaks so closely this time around. But the leak I've heard of doesn't seem to have included Isaac. =( It happens this way, every time.
Thus far, Vergeben looks to be the go-to leaker, getting Ridley, Simon, and no cuts. He hasn’t claimed to reveal the whole roster, so Isaac is still in the clear.

RumpletrellskiN

Smash Cadet
We still here! All I know is k rool and donkey met fist in the most Golden Sun I've ever seen...Sakurai been giving us subtle hints. I know we getting our Adept!

Icana

Smash Apprentice

The neogaf rumor, from page 43 of this thread, said Chrom would be a Roy echo, and also said K. Rool, Simon, and Isaac are coming. It also said Soren and Ken would be echos too though, and Soren would be... very out there.

We'll see, but I hear ya, we're probably getting too hyped now. The disappointment of no playable Isaac would be crushing if we get too carried away.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
When the echo fighters started showing up I started to feel bad about Isaacs chances, but King K Rool has definitely bolstered my hope.

If nothing else it's reconfirming what we thought when Ridley was revealed. I don't think anyone could claim Sakurai doesn't care about fan demand now. (and that can only be a positive for Isaacs chances)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Alright. So if we look at the playing field, Isabelle and Isaac are the two most notable absent assist trophies that I can name off the top of my head. We've had two highly requested Echoes, Konami just broke us by revealing we can have echo fighters from third parties like Richter, Ashley and Shovel Knight got picked off...

I'm just waiting to see how many AT that makes when we get all the new ones added in. My big thing though, I can't recall if he said this, but did Sakurai say something about revealing all the character designs before launch, because if so... Damn.

I left that Direct feeling hopeful, and with the amount of newcomers and Echoes revealed, I think we can chuck Sakurai's "Don't expect too many newcomers" statement out of the window somewhat, because including Echoes we've had 8 characters revealed for this game so far.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

No. I'm done with caution. I don't care if it burns me afterward but all signs point Isaac making it. As far as I'm concerned K Rool pretty much assures Isaac and I actually have said that before K Rool was revealed so now I'm all in. This is his game. I'm too excited to turn back.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
So I'm guessing we'll have to wait till october or november for the next Smash direct.

Unless Nintendo reveals another Smash character during a regular Nintendo direct.

Last edited:

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
So I'm guessing we'll have to wait till october or november for the next Smash direct.

Unless Nintendo reveals another Smash character during a regular Nintendo direct.
I expect we'll get something in September since Nintendo still needs to do something regarding Online.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Nintendo has still been extremely mum on a lot of things outside smash, so there may end up being a September direct for general stuff

And yes, he did indeed say that they'd be revealing all the designs before the game launches

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Who knows? Sakurai mentioned we still have a few fighters left but typical Sakurai, that number could mean darn near anything. I don't think another Smash presentation would happen any more than a month before launch, especially if it's of this magnitude because that would probably take care of everybody who's left.

I do expect a September direct just because of the online service and likely wanting to discuss some 2019 releases so I could see them sneaking another unique newcomer in there.

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if Isaac came back as an Assist Trophy. At least then, Golden Sun wouldn't be as forgotten. I just hope he's in the game in some form, though I am crossing my fingers on playable.

Top Bottom