• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm reading too many boards right now, I can't keep up. So much Golden Sun talk! It's making me smile like an idiot. lol

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Fair enough. I'm just trying to eliminate as many other possibilities. GameXplain also suggested that it might be a new food item?
I was actually just thinking of this. We already have Healing Field with a sprout on it, so why not just have a sprout as a straight recovery item as well? It's really hard to say for sure what it does without seeing it be used.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Here it is again for any who missed it: https://i.imgur.com/zdmvXtj.png

I'm 99% on team real now. Between the Rathalos tweet, the Grinch leak, Isaac's ballot performance, and now THIS, it's just way too much circumstancial evidence. If all of those things end up being wrong, then Isaac fans will have been betrayed like no others.

This has been an awesome week for Isaac supporters, if nothing else for stoking the flames of hope.

EDIT: If it was just some other kind of sprout or food item, why would they use the exact icon from the Golden Sun series? That would just be needless baiting imo. And more importantly, why hadn't it been revealed before unless it was to mask the fact that Golden Sun was in the game, including a character? Notice that we didn't know about Death's Scythe before 8.8 either.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I don't get how a sprout would be food when there's stuff like lettuce or spinach, or why food would have a magical orb around it. That makes no sense.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Fair enough. I'm just trying to eliminate as many other possibilities. GameXplain also suggested that it might be a new food item?
Why would sprouts be food items? In Smash they use realistic 2D images.

I'm 50/50 on this being GS themed, but regardless of being Growth or not, I love the concept of a portable ladder item.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
OK all this Isaac talk is really amazing and stuff but it's gonna make waiting for the next direct announcement pure torture :( I just want official confirmation plz thx

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061

I'm 99% on team real now. Between the Rathalos tweet, the Grinch leak, Isaac's ballot performance, and now THIS, it's just way too much circumstancial evidence. If all of those things end up being wrong, then Isaac fans will have been betrayed like no others.

This has been an awesome week for Isaac supporters, if nothing else for stoking the flames of hope.

EDIT: If it was just some other kind of sprout or food item, why would they use the exact icon from the Golden Sun series? That would just be needless baiting imo. And more importantly, why hadn't it been revealed before unless it was to mask the fact that Golden Sun was in the game, including a character? Notice that we didn't know about Death's Scythe before 8.8 either.
Thank you may i ask what video this image was taken from?

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Was death's sythe shown somewhere before Simon was revealed?

Edit: am poop at reading sorry, disregard

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I'm reading too many boards right now, I can't keep up. So much Golden Sun talk! It's making me smile like an idiot. lol
I'm having the same issue, I'm hovering at 10 alerts (2 of which are reports because I had to tell off a double post and a bad thread).

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

Flarzo

Smash Cadet

Yeah honestly it seems like Isaac is the one character that is now most likely to be in smash. With all of this new evidence pointing to him I can't help but get excited.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do not believe the Grinch banner leak personally, but I definitely feel right now that there is something up with Isaac now with that sprout and Ratholos screenshot. I still gotta see what the sprout item could also refer to first though, I am gonna wait for more theories and speculative thoughts.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I... I really want to believe the sprout has something to do with Golden Sun... but I can’t bring myself to see it. No matter how much I want to.

It’s... just a plant...

Itd be a completely different story if it was something like this https://goldensunwiki.net/w/images/a/a0/Bramble_Seed_DD.pngView attachment 172143

Remember, ladder attacks are now a thing.

Bramble Seed would work for the Growth combat effect.

But what if it grows a vine ladder? Only Growth does that.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
tbh the grinch leak is still alive and that alone , sprout or not, is keeping me hyped and hopeful as hell atm.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well... This was unexpected; we got a random item reveal from a promotional video xDU.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Man, this is crazy. A couple of days ago people in this thread were dying of boredom and then the Grinch set it on fire! And now we are looking at grass. I feel like I am going to wake up tomorrow and find people in this thread talking about another ridiculous topic that relates to Smash.
New theory: Isaac fans are all constantly high.

Would explain a lot.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sp the item is growth? Huh, interesting. Honestly that would've been the last thing I'd think would be a GS item but I'll take it.
How do we live in a time where the "Grinch Leak" might actually be real...

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Do you think this item reveal was intentional ?
If so, it’s because the item was to be revealed alongside Isaac, but delayed with him due to the earthquake. They never edited the demo or footage to remove it.

Would actually make me support the earthquake delay theory.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Do you think this item reveal was intentional ?
I don’t. Maybe it was due to earthquake delaying Isaac’s reveal, maybe they just screwed up. But reveals this time around have been very deliberate and this isn’t.

Maybe the Grinch leak made Nintendo panic, or stop giving a ****.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don’t. Maybe it was due to earthquake delaying Isaac’s reveal, maybe they just screwed up. But reveals this time around have been very deliberate and this isn’t.

Maybe the Grinch leak made Nintendo panic, or stop giving a ****.
This would have been recorded before yesterday, though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
This would have been recorded before yesterday, though.
Yeah, but the Grinch pics have been in the wild for a while now, right?

Plus there was that whole other thing about a real picture leak being out that Nintendo was concerned about.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
All I can say is, if this isn't pushing him into 100% confirmed, nothing will.

To wit:
-Immense Popularity
-Rathalos Tweet
-Grinch Leak
-Growth Bubble item

That's a lot of ****

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's true that Growth would be an unconventional pick for an item, but since when were Death's Scythe and Ramblin' Evil Mushroom topping anyone's list of expectations?

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I... I really want to believe the sprout has something to do with Golden Sun... but I can’t bring myself to see it. No matter how much I want to.

It’s... just a plant...

Itd be a completely different story if it was something like this https://goldensunwiki.net/w/images/a/a0/Bramble_Seed_DD.pngView attachment 172143
Well, playing along here, let's think about why they would add such a thing to the items in order to come from the Golden Sun series.

For one, it's one of the very first psynergies you utilize in the game and learn about. That already plays into Sakurai typically choosing things like beginning areas or iconic places for stage ideas but also for item ideas. If it's something that's iconic, it stands more in the arena of plausible than not. After Move, Growth is usually one of the next ones that people point to as using in the game. That's even if they didn't play their entire way through the game.

Simplicity here with choosing just the sprout doesn't bother me because there are things that are just as tame in past smash games showing up as recurring items. We already have stuff like food items sprinkled all over the place. We also have stuff like... a soccer ball and a spring. It's more about what the item does rather than what it is. I'm not saying that it's definitely a GS sprout, but it certainly activates the almonds.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What time was the video where the sprout was found discovered? What I mean to say is when is the video from? Is it something from months ago we are just noticing now?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What time was the video where the sprout was found discovered? What I mean to say is when is the video from? Is it something from months ago we are just noticing now?
The Wendy’s college tour video that went live today.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Got Ninja'd.

And speaking of GS items, outside of this "Growth", what would you like?

Last edited:
Top Bottom