• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
The real question is not is the leak real or fake, the real question is who gets the all important 69th character slot.
Mach Rider??? Lol cause Sakurai gives everybody the middle finger with his retro characters he might as well go full on troll lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo, today was crazy, I think I forgot one character that got leaked?

It was Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, Ken, and...? (Was there an 8th character or did I forget how to count?)
Nah that's all. Dixie and a MH character were "cut" according to the source. As was Ray and not only did he get cut but his entire series from existence lol.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Yo, today was crazy, I think I forgot one character that got leaked?

It was Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Shadow, Ken, and...? (Was there an 8th character or did I forget how to count?)
Some people thought KOS-MOS was there at first, but I think it ended up being the cloud trail from Luigi.

Also, I haven't posted here yet today, but this leak looks promising! I'm personally feeling confident that it's real, but I'm going to remain cautious, just in case! I'm feeling good about it, though!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Nah that's all. Dixie and a MH character were "cut" according to the source. As was Ray and not only did he get cut but his entire series from existence lol.
Some people thought KOS-MOS was there at first, but I think it ended up being the cloud trail from Luigi.

Also, I haven't posted here yet today, but this leak looks promising! I'm personally feeling confident that it's real, but I'm going to remain cautious, just in case! I'm feeling good about it, though!
Must’ve been my imagination, thanks fellas.

Ray got a pretty rough deal, here’s hoping he comes back either as an AT or as playable DLC.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Whether you believe it or not, understand that not everyone is convinced. The day the next reveal trailer happens is the day we will all know if this is true or not. As always, I won't be 100% convinced until then (though it is nice to see excitement here instead of gloom). Until then let us practice patience, here's a tune to listen to in the meantime.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3QRObLD54

PapaGenos, is claiming he has a microsoft source that backs the banner. The only discrepancy is Incinroar. The suggestion there being that Incinroar is either DLC, or was leak bait.

Spawn wave's discrepancy appears to be another character. Very possibly someone decently big. Which aligns with Leaky pandy's statement that there was gonna be a DLC character at the game awards. I remember that post, I said there I thought it was gonna be Rex as DLC.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Hey guys, I haven't looked at any Smash stuff on the internet since the music update last night, nothing interesting happened, right? No crazy ESRB-style leaks that would show that the roster is even better than I could have hoped for? All based on a circular hanging banner like the ones I see every year from Nintendo at PAX East, which would help prove it's legit? Yeah, that would be too good to be true. :crazy:

I'm trying to keep my hype in check but it is very, very hard. All I know is if the expected Direct starts and we get a trailer of one of those five newcomers, well, I can't promise I won't start crying.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I remember at night, waiting for a Brawl update, I saw Samurai Goroh and got excited then went to bed. The next day I told my brother Samurai Goroh was playable. I didn't real the text or try to grab any context for it, all I saw was a character model, got excited, and closed the browser.

Turns out he was an assist trophy. I think he was used to reveal them if I recall correctly. I wonder if these leakers saw a glimpse of an Incineroar or Steve assist and just assumed they were playable.

A lot of assist trophies function like pseudo characters, with limited movesets. Gray Fox, Karate Joe, Alucard, Knuckles, Zero, etc.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Huh...

Well...

I'll be seeing if I can try out Mach Rider and Isaac if this thing's real, then...

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
All I can say is I’m going to leave it all up to the next direct. We Isaac boys want this to be real, but over at the shantae thread, they are doing their best to debunk it. I still am seeing Shantae getting in as dlc, but I can understand the other fanbases besides Shantaes like Bandana waddle dee and skull kid wanting this to be fake as they fear it deconfirms their character. So I’m going to let time decide this and be thankful that now we as a smash community are talking again in such anticipation. It’s an awesome feeling after getting nothing for so long.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for hyping responsibly and will not fully believe this leak ( despite how much hype it created for me knowing it contained Isaac) until we get actual confirmation, but all I got out of their discussion video was them just cherry picking the same old points like " Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers" and then laughing hard about its blurry parts.
Psst...just so you know the guy who leaked the photo has been tracked because he did not cover his name well enough. It is confirmed he was an employee at a company that makes banners/cardboard advertisements in France. And said company is affiliated with Bandai Namco, and right now is about the time that such companies would be getting prints for advertising games and movies so they are ready for release. So the time frame and everything lines up. Also if you look at the photo even not zoomed in you can see the characters on the banner easily. So somebody would have to go through a ton of effort to make this leak if it is indeed fake. But I am controlling my hype levels anyway

*starts breathing into a paper sack*
Stop getting excited you guys I am gonna hyperventilate!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I remember at night, waiting for a Brawl update, I saw Samurai Goroh and got excited then went to bed. The next day I told my brother Samurai Goroh was playable. I didn't real the text or try to grab any context for it, all I saw was a character model, got excited, and closed the browser.

Turns out he was an assist trophy. I think he was used to reveal them if I recall correctly. I wonder if these leakers saw a glimpse of an Incineroar or Steve assist and just assumed they were playable.

A lot of assist trophies function like pseudo characters, with limited movesets. Gray Fox, Karate Joe, Alucard, Knuckles, Zero, etc.
It's an exercise in frustration to wonder where the leaker's info ended and to at what point did it become corrupted. Did Verge make up Incineroar after he saw him being overwhelmingly likely? Did his source give it to him to trip him up? Was his source tricked intentionally? Was the source just mistaken as you suggested?

At this point, there's no way of knowing, but what we do know is that if this roster leak is right, then Verge can't be trusted because something was faulty somewhere. Maybe Verge thinks he's right (he'd never admit to being wrong), but if he's been fed faulty info once, there's no saying he won't be fed it again.

ZelDan

Smash Master

PapaGenos, is claiming he has a microsoft source that backs the banner. The only discrepancy is Incinroar. The suggestion there being that Incinroar is either DLC, or was leak bait.

Spawn wave's discrepancy appears to be another character. Very possibly someone decently big. Which aligns with Leaky pandy's statement that there was gonna be a DLC character at the game awards. I remember that post, I said there I thought it was gonna be Rex as DLC.
Said this is the Geno thread. but I love how the biggest leaks we got right now are the "chadondorf leak" and "grinch leak"

Also I'm curious as to who this mysterious other character along with Incineroar that could be huge is supposed to be?

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Well this leak brought me back out of hiding. Wonder how many of you remember me from back in the Smash4 DLC days? :p

Anyway there's a part of me that doesn't want this to be real simply because I already want to play Snake, Pokemon Trainer, K Rool AND Simon. Someone's gotta get cut so I can try Isaac too :ness:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Said this is the Geno thread. but I love how the biggest leaks we got right now are the "chadondorf leak" and "grinch leak"

Also I'm curious as to who this mysterious other character along with Incineroar that could be huge is supposed to be?
People keep mentioning Sora but I haven't seen anything to substantiate that claim yet.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Also, anyone up for seeing the Grinch now given the role he played in bringing our Golden Boy to Smash? I know I am.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

If they're going for fan service, the smash polls would indicate our next option is either Sora or Lloyd Iriving. I personally want Lloyd of the two. If they're going for recency, it's Rex and Pyra. Rex is currently my second most wanted character so god yes. on that.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
If they're going for fan service, the smash polls would indicate our next option is either Sora or Lloyd Iriving. I personally want Lloyd of the two. If they're going for recency, it's Rex and Pyra. Rex is currently my second most wanted character so god yes. on that.
Sora is my most wanted character, while Rex is my second. Either would make my day.

For those who don't know (I didn't), the Game Awards are on the 6th. It's insane to think that we could get a character announcement a mere few hours before we get the game!

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Sora is my most wanted character, while Rex is my second. Either would make my day.

For those who don't know (I didn't), the Game Awards are on the 6th. It's insane to think that we could get a character announcement a mere few hours before we get the game!
Mewtwo was super last minute for 4 and he was DLC. It's safe to say whoever we get after this inevitable direct will be DLC too. I think this game's DLC will focus on recency personally. Octolings, Incinroar, Rex, Springman, and the like. Though I do hope we can walk from this with all of us being happy.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Man, this roster is a win-win for everyone if true. Not only does it have two of my most requested newcomers (Isaac and Banjo), but it has basically nothing but hype and tasteful picks. I'm sorry to all you Incineroar fans, but that would have been a big dud to end this reveal season with. And it means that the inevitable DLC can focus fully on promotional/recent characters like Rex & Pyra, ARMS, Gen 7/8 Pokemon, etc since there are basically no more highly requested longtime fan favorites on the table.

The ONLY further request I possibly have is Paper Mario, and that series already has a stage, so honestly I would be like 200% satisfied with this as a final roster. Knowing that there will still inevitably be DLC characters and stages on the way is just icing on the cake.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
So two things I've had going on in my mind while catching up.
1. Why in the world didn't they space out these reveals better if there were this many characters left to reveal? Why has there been this super drought of reveals since August, except Isabelle? Why did they wait all this time to not reveal the characters? I think most people would have been fine knowing all the characters left midway through October.
2. If these are indeed the final characters, this really is a giant tribute to the fans (with a few exceptions) adding the four long requested characters and a few new ones.

In the end, if this is what are the final choices, I have absolutely zero complaints. And honestly, pokemon didn't need another new newcomer, so that's fine in my book. I do feel bad for Shantae, Skull Kid and Bandana Dee fans but hopefully they'll have their chance to get their characters for DLC, among other characters.

I also feel bad for Sakurai, but on the other hand, they should have known there was a high chance of the entire roster getting revealed from around now til the game comes out.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
1. Why in the world didn't they space out these reveals better if there were this many characters left to reveal? Why has there been this super drought of reveals since August, except Isabelle? Why did they wait all this time to not reveal the characters? I think most people would have been fine knowing all the characters left midway through October.
This is one of the biggest things on my mind tbh. So many people saying that they feel bad for Sakurai if this is true, and honestly I agree, but Nintendo's marketing team REALLY dropped the ball on this one. Like, majorly. Sure, having a massive blowout with 7 reveals at the end would be insane, but not that much more insane than doling out 2-3 of these reveals in September and October. If you ask me, they were just begging for someone to come along and spoil everything.

Shin F.

Smash Master
About GameXplain. Don't one or more of them have actual industry connections? If this was real, and they knew or suspected that it was, they'd definitely be calling it fake so as to avoid getting anyone in trouble. Even "speculating" the possibility that it's real could mean trouble if Nintendo ninjas were out for blood.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
About GameXplain. Don't one or more of them have actual industry connections? If this was real, and they knew or suspected that it was, they'd definitely be calling it fake so as to avoid getting anyone in trouble. Even "speculating" the possibility that it's real could mean trouble if Nintendo ninjas were out for blood.
Andres doubt's it's validity on account of the lack of a new pokemon, Derrick just hate's leaks and for whatever reason thought the Banjo in the mural was based off smashified, and Jon said it was fake by saying he'd sit in a nasty puddle of water lol.

Jon sounded unsure like, you'd think he'd make a bigger bet if he knew contrary lol. Derrick was just straight up wrong. And Andre didn't say "Yeah this isn't the case" just that he doubted it. There was not a single concrete answer among them.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I haven't had a chance to watch it, but Derrick did the video, right? He's probably the "nicest" and "softest" of the group, so in an attempt to be a people-pleaser, he seems to be the type to want to doubt it just to keep speculation more fun and to not make Nintendo sad/annoyed with them as well as everyone else.

Regardless of who did it, their primary job is being reporters, and so Nintendo would probably understand them reporting on the leak when everyone else is already talking about it.

Side note- I'm a big supporter of practically all the newcomers in your signature (especially the KH and Xenoblade reps)- here's to hoping some get the DLC treatment!

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman

So they aren't expressly saying it's fake, they're just saying they have information beyond it?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Andres doubt's it's validity on account of the lack of a new pokemon, Derrick just hate's leaks and for whatever reason thought the Banjo in the mural was based off smashified, and Jon said it was fake by saying he'd sit in a nasty puddle of water lol.

Jon sounded unsure like, you'd think he'd make a bigger bet if he knew contrary lol. Derrick was just straight up wrong. And Andre didn't say "Yeah this isn't the case" just that he doubted it. There was not a single concrete answer among them.
Right, that's exactly my point. The reasons given are so weak that it makes me wonder if they legitimately believe the reasons they're giving, that's all. If they said that it was definitely fake, they'd be called out should it ever be proven real, and if they said it was definitely real, they might get someone (perhaps their connections) in trouble. So the middle ground of "Yeah no probably not, here's some bad reasons why" would be safe. And of course, not covering it at all would be impossible in their position.

Last edited:

Arsenal234

Smash Apprentice
Can we just have a moment of silence for the guy who leaked the roster. It has been about 24 hours since the leak.
The Nintendo Ninjas have him.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Pure speculation mode: because, barring Banjo-Kazooie, none of the remaining newcomers have massive widespread appeal. Isaac and Geno are both relatively niche characters that likely did well on the ballot, Chorus Men are an oddball inclusion that is likely a holdover from SSB4 development, and Mach Rider is your obligatory retro pick that even most Nintendo fans probably haven't heard of. Sure, it makes sense why they were all chosen, but from a marketing standpoint it may be harder to decide what to do with them to garner the desired hype. Doing either a single massive trailer for them or individual trailers in a row at the end mitigates that: a single character will only get a strong reaction from a few, but all of them at once is hype no matter how attached you are to a given character.

I think this also gives some credence to the idea that Isaac was supposed to be in the last Direct and ended up cut post-earthquake. Isabelle was a bit of an oddball Smash character to reveal by herself, but put an Isaac trailer in front and I can see how that was supposed to be a bombastic sequence of Isaac into Isabelle into Animal Crossing Switch. Assume Banjo and Kazooie would be revealed by themselves (probably at the beginning like Castlevania before) and I can see how the original plan would be those last three characters being shown in a row at the end of a Smash Direct. The only change would be that you have to squeeze Isaac in there too, which could either be in that end-of-trailer blowout or maybe somewhere else like as a stinger to the Assist Trophy reel since he was promoted.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Watch mach rider have an alt with her helmet off and she turns out to be an absolute waifu

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I’m not too worried about how GX thinks about the leak. I mean they thought the ESRB leak was fake. They were a part of the “Shulk is a Photoshopped Little Mac” meme IIRC. That being said I believe only Jon is the insider (could be wrong), but even then I don’t think he’s the kind to go out of his way to get information. He’s not like a lot of the leakers we’ve seen. I have a feeling like a lot of the information he has/gets is from events and the like. Stuff he can get into as a journalist/reporter. And even then he doesn’t flat out leak the characters. He may allude to, but he doesn’t leak them.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD5YZPHawHc

Spawn wave released his analysis after some doubt on Twitter. He doubted it on account of Incinroar not being in the mural. So it sounds like this idea of Incinroar being thrown around behind the scenes to confuse leakers is building up imo. Either that or box thoery is right and all of this was for naught.

Top Bottom