• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Also, anyone up for seeing the Grinch now given the role he played in bringing our Golden Boy to Smash? I know I am.

It's just kind of insane how Grinch's so played up on all of this... its like he managed to pull off his stunt over half a century like this later, except now IRL and targeting the most biggest crossover game of all time. Priceless.:laugh:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
If Sakurai had planned on no new pokemon this go around, given how many are already in the game and the fact that Pokemon Trainer and Pichu are returning, I can see it being plausible to have a pokemon as a fake leak to catch a leaker or two.
Cause most people are thinking that it'd be absolutely impossible for a new smash game to not have a shiny new pokemon in it.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD5YZPHawHc

Spawn wave released his analysis after some doubt on Twitter. He doubted it on account of Incinroar not being in the mural. So it sounds like this idea of Incinroar being thrown around behind the scenes to confuse leakers is building up imo. Either that or box thoery is right and all of this was for naught.
I’m willing to bet Inciniroar is a red herring. Everything points to it.

Vergeben, as much as I don’t like him, didn’t want to commit to the idea of Inciniroar, despite what his sources were telling him.

He probably gave in and said Inciniroar because that was what everyone was expecting. And went ahead and mentioned, feeling like maybe it was a safe bet that it was legit and not a fake.

Lo and behold it looks like that may be the case. Ever wonder where Verge went? Not saying Ninteninjas got him, but after that I bet he didn’t feel comfortable sticking around to be caught or let his real sources (the ones that fed him real info) get caught.

He knew there were fake fighters being thrown out there. He just screwed up by keeping his mouth shut about Inciniroar. But since everyone just knew there was gonna be a Pokemon he probs felt comfortable letting it slip.

That’s at least my theory on this whole Inciniroar thing. I think he was actually a red herring to catch leakers. Not saying he won’t happen tho. Maybe DLC, I dunno. It was definitely a false leak.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
It's just kind of insane how Grinch's so played up on all of this... its like he managed to pull off his stunt over half a century like this later, except now IRL and targeting the most biggest crossover game of all time. Priceless.:laugh:
I was already going to see it because My fiancee thinks it looks cute.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

Vergeben, as much as I don’t like him, didn’t want to commit to the idea of Inciniroar, despite what his sources were telling him.

He probably gave in and said Inciniroar because that was what everyone was expecting. And went ahead and mentioned, feeling like maybe it was a safe bet that it was legit and not a fake.

Lo and behold it looks like that may be the case. Ever wonder where Verge went? Not saying Ninteninjas got him, but after that I bet he didn’t feel comfortable sticking around to be caught or let his real sources (the ones that fed him real info) get caught.

He knew there were fake fighters being thrown out there. He just screwed up by keeping his mouth shut about Inciniroar. But since everyone just knew there was gonna be a Pokemon he probs felt comfortable letting it slip.

That’s at least my theory on this whole Inciniroar thing. I think he was actually a red herring to catch leakers. Not saying he won’t happen tho. Maybe DLC, I dunno. It was definitely a false leak.
I just watched Papa Genos' video on a credible source he has on all of this. I am wondering who the other character is that's been floating around like Incineroar was. I feel like it's Sora. Whether be it DLC or a red herring for these two has yet to be seen.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Ngl kind of hoping for this. It'd be wild if Sakurai of all people confirmed Mach Rider is a brunette bombshell who wields a dagger.
im probably the weirdo here, because i've always wanted Mach Rider to be revealed as a big black dude, just for some diversity in the cast

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

Makes sense considering Verge didn't immediately leak Incineroar, only reconfirming Decidueye and Mimikyu as playable. This would also somewhat support the rumors we were hearing about read herrings being thrown about as to the identity of the Square Enix character.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
The only thing I’m wondering from all this is if this deconfirms Felix as an Echo Fighter.

Don’t get me wrong, if Isaac just got confirmed, I’m super hyped, but this feels like a missed opportunity for Felix to get in.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
So some dudes over on another thread think that the murals background was faked. Because of some discrepancies between it and the E3 empty battlefield.

Of coarse this begs the question, why did Papa Genos make his video a little while ago, and why would they have changed the background if this is real?

I guess the simple explantion would be that the decision to change the placement of fighters came later in development. But we can't say for certain. Interesting. I'm still team real all the way but at this point i'm just awaiting a more solid debunk before I go fake.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
The only thing I’m wondering from all this is if this deconfirms Felix as an Echo Fighter.

Don’t get me wrong, if Isaac just got confirmed, I’m super hyped, but this feels like a missed opportunity for Felix to get in.
Well, I guess that just means we got a new Golden Boy to champion. If we're vocal enough, maybe we can get Felix in for DLC

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

Well, yeah. If this is legit, Felix won’t make it in the game. Unfortunate, but who knows. Maybe Sakurai will have a batch of Echo focused DLC fighters.

I’ll admit, it’s a missed opportunity. But Isaac. Isaac dammit.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Well, yeah. If this is legit, Felix won’t make it in the game. Unfortunate, but who knows. Maybe Sakurai will have a batch of Echo focused DLC fighters.

Yeah, let's take one victory at a time for now.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
It's a good thing that I'm getting to playing Golden Sun and I can already see the massive potential Isaac has. Now I can appreciate his inevitable confirmation.

Who would have thought that the Grinch would be delivering early Christmas presents?

tveye

Smash Journeyman

Felix could always just be an alt for Isaac...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Not too worried about Felix honestly. Now that Isaac is in, Felix will now be considered a reality rather than a pipe dream.

Man, these next 44 days are going to be crazy!

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Yeah, let's take one victory at a time for now.
IKR? Lol. Like getting your cake and eating it, but then going, “Where the hell is my pie?”

I’d be so down for Felix, like I’ve said in the past, Felix is just as important to the story of Golden Sun as Isaac. But we were campaigning for Isaac. We won (maybe). Let’s count our blessings and maybe rally for Felix as DLC when the game drops.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

He could still be an alt like Alph.

EDIT: Got Ninja'd, but at least not Nintendo Ninja'd.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I can't muster up a single bit of disappointment over the lack of Felix if Isaac is actually on the roster.

He can be an assist trophy. Or a regular trophy. I would be 100% happy with a Felix-like alt color for Isaac if that's all we got.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I can't muster up a single bit of disappointment over the lack of Felix if Isaac is actually on the roster.

He can be an assist trophy. Or a regular trophy. I would be 100% happy with a Felix-like alt color for Isaac if that's all we got.
I actually wouldn't mind a Garet / Ivan / Mia assist trophy, but seeing how Ness / Lucas were handled I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow were part of the final Smash.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace

To be honest, the more I think about it, a Felix assist would be neat. He could literally just be Isaac from Brawl lol.

It would just look awful to have him as Isaac’s Alt tho. Again. Taller, different stance.

On another note. There’s this guy that shops where I work. His name his Felix Garcia. Makes me smile every damn time. Guy probs thinks I’m a freak.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Said this is the Geno thread. but I love how the biggest leaks we got right now are the "chadondorf leak" and "grinch leak"

Also I'm curious as to who this mysterious other character along with Incineroar that could be huge is supposed to be?
What’s the chadondorf leak? And what’s all this about Incineroar and huge mystery characters?

Also, anyone up for seeing the Grinch now given the role he played in bringing our Golden Boy to Smash? I know I am.
Illumination movies are always crap, of course I’m gonna see it.

We know who to start backing now!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, the more I think about it, a Felix assist would be neat. He could literally just be Isaac from Brawl lol.

It would just look awful to have him as Isaac’s Alt tho. Again. Taller, different stance.

On another note. There’s this guy that shops where I work. His name his Felix Garcia. Makes me smile every damn time. Guy probs thinks I’m a freak.
Speaking of Felix, that was the name of my dog... but it died a couple weeks ago.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I just watched Papa Genos' video on a credible source he has on all of this. I am wondering who the other character is that's been floating around like Incineroar was. I feel like it's Sora. Whether be it DLC or a red herring for these two has yet to be seen.
I think it’s actually Dante, of all characters. He had that somewhat-credible “trailer description” leak(the one with a bunch of other DMC5 stuff, not that weird later Smash-specific one) along with another leak claiming that he’d be revealed in November by someone that correctly stated when Isabelle would release.

I personally don’t believe he’s in, but I could see how a strong enough case could be made that would cause this guy to take pause.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is certainly a turn of events.

Must...contain...pure hype...AH I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. ISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC

Undella2

Smash Journeyman

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Felix can totally still be in. Remember, we probably have like 3 years of DLC for one of the biggest games of all time on our hands. Echoes will probably be a thing. Felix makes a lot of sense as an echo, so as long as he's not an AT or something, I think he's still got a great chance.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Felix can totally still be in. Remember, we probably have like 3 years of DLC for one of the biggest games of all time on our hands. Echoes will probably be a thing. Felix makes a lot of sense as an echo, so as long as he's not an AT or something, I think he's still got a great chance.
Definately. That being said I could totally see him being an AT. Tho I would much rather have the rest of Isaac party making appearances as ATs than Felix using Move.

If he’s not an AT. Sure. DLC echo.

If he’s an AT. No skin off my back, I have Isaac in Smash. I’m Golden... Son... alright... I’m just gonna seppuku.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Definately. That being said I could totally see him being an AT. Tho I would much rather have the rest of Isaac party making appearances as ATs than Felix using Move.

If he’s not an AT. Sure. DLC echo.

If he’s an AT. No skin off my back, I have Isaac in Smash. I’m Golden... Son... alright... I’m just gonna seppuku.
Definitely this.

Though for ATs I'd like Jenna doing Dragon Plume or Sveta going Beastform

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, DLC.
Who do you guys think would be our first few characters?
It could be Springman and Rex. Or if the thing about Dixie, Ray and Monster Hunter being cut, maybe them. Dee and Skull Kid also seem like safe bets.

Top Bottom