• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Another huge piece of evidence is the picture of the empty battlefield that the leaker has. That hasn't been seen anywhere officially, and would take a crazy amount of effort and graphic design skill to remove all the characters and make it look legit while it's empty
But... it's also small and blurry.

Anyone remember all those pictures and footage of Big Foot, Aliens, and Loch Ness Monster? There's always excuses for stuff being out of frame, blurry, foggy, distorted, etc.

In regards to the real person being thrown into the mix. Isn't it possible this leaker used this person's name to further prove their leak? People are linking to this person's accounts and stuff, isn't it possible someone looked up employees and used this person as their source for their own leak? Is it possible the "bad cover up" on their identity is actually cause the leaker wasn't actually trying to hide this person's name but use them?

"But that takes a lot of time and graphic artwork time." Some people are on this site almost 24/7 and many are grown ups that went into graphic artwork and design cause they are big gamers. It's possible!

While let down in some not making it in, I don't really care too much for or against the leak in general... just hate we are getting image and video links at this point. We should of had our final reveals by now... it's silly they haven't learned people will spoil everything.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
But... it's also small and blurry.

Anyone remember all those pictures and footage of Big Foot, Aliens, and Loch Ness Monster? There's always excuses for stuff being out of frame, blurry, foggy, distorted, etc.

In regards to the real person being thrown into the mix. Isn't it possible this leaker used this person's name to further prove their leak? People are linking to this person's accounts and stuff, isn't it possible someone looked up employees and used this person as their source for their own leak? Is it possible the "bad cover up" on their identity is actually cause the leaker wasn't actually trying to hide this person's name but use them?

"But that takes a lot of time and graphic artwork time." Some people are on this site almost 24/7 and many are grown ups that went into graphic artwork and design cause they are big gamers. It's possible!

While let down in some not making it in, I don't really care too much for or against the leak in general... just hate we are getting image and video links at this point. We should of had our final reveals by now... it's silly they haven't learned people will spoil everything.
All of that could be possible, but then we are creating a scenario that's more unlikely. And I agree, if this is real, I wish it weren't leaked. I hate that. Almost makes me want it to be fake.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey dudes my friends over at the shantae thread are a tad shaken by this. Some are jumping ship expecting her to be an assist trophy and nothing more while others like myself are still hopeful for her in dlc. Do you guys think you could give any encouragement? They are a bit flustered over there.

GoldenBoy01

Smash Rookie
Has Artsy Omni said anything about this? I feel like he might be able to say something about its legitimacy, if the picture is clear enough that is.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
All of that could be possible, but then we are creating a scenario that's more unlikely. And I agree, if this is real, I wish it weren't leaked. I hate that. Almost makes me want it to be fake.
In general I do think it could be real and won't be bothered by the picks. I tried and generally succeeded in opening my mind to most picks and see positives in all these guys and gal. Little sad Saki or Sable Prince didn't make it in over Mach Rider, but I'm sure she will be interesting herself. No Pokemon rep is a bit sad, but I'm not exactly opposed to any of the other faces that made it in instead.

But I'm also shocked some people don't think someone would take the time or have the talent to do this. Many people who grew up with Smash like myself are in their 20's now. It's very possible someone with Graphic Artwork or Promotional jobs or expertise could mock this up or have the equipment to print a fake wristband. While the Grinch artwork is also a factor, it's not like Graphic Artists haven't been known to mock up artwork for fun. for their portfolios, or for possible outsourcing by the company using these smaller fries to make potential promotional art. I believe even LOL and Overwatch outsources part of their artwork.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
In general I do think it could be real and won't be bothered by the picks. I tried and generally succeeded in opening my mind to most picks and see positives in all these guys and gal. Little sad Saki or Sable Prince didn't make it in over Mach Rider, but I'm sure she will be interesting herself. No Pokemon rep is a bit sad, but I'm not exactly opposed to any of the other faces that made it in instead.

But I'm also shocked some people don't think someone would take the time or have the talent to do this. Many people who grew up with Smash like myself are in their 20's now. It's very possible someone with Graphic Artwork or Promotional jobs or expertise could mock this up or have the equipment to print a fake wristband. While the Grinch artwork is also a factor, it's not like Graphic Artists haven't been known to mock up artwork for fun. for their portfolios, or for possible outsourcing by the company using these smaller fries to make potential promotional art. I believe even LOL and Overwatch outsources part of their artwork.
You're right, it's absolutely possible for this to be faked. but with the majority of the evidence lining up and looking promising, it just seems that it's more likely to be real. The possibility of fake is still there obviously, it's just less likely in my opinion

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eXFX98cpEY

The guys over at source gaming are gonna be discussing all of this. I'm gonna try and take a neutral position. That having been said, the vast majority of counter arguments i've heard revolve around the blur, which is explained by it being a snapchat. With others insisting that 7 is way too many given sakurai's comments. Until we hear offical information one way or the other i'm in the middle here.

tveye

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes my friends over at the shantae thread are a tad shaken by this. Some are jumping ship expecting her to be an assist trophy and nothing more while others like myself are still hopeful for her in dlc. Do you guys think you could give any encouragement? They are a bit flustered over there.
Honestly, I think even expecting Shantae as an assist trophy is setting yourself up for disappointment. Shantae’s fans are a very vocal minority. Still, it wouldn’t be unheard of to see her as a regular trophy. I just expect a playable Shovel Knight before Shantae :/

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

The guys over at source gaming are gonna be discussing all of this. I'm gonna try and take a neutral position. That having been said, the vast majority of counter arguments i've heard revolve around the blur, which is explained by it being a snapchat. With others insisting that 7 is way too many given sakurai's comments. Until we hear offical information one way or the other i'm in the middle here.
I blame CSI and shows like it that make people think you can zoom in a picture and expect a clear picture still.

I've been saying this for months now that Sakurai planned to under promise us and then over deliver. Remember how we thought we would be extremely lucky if we got 2 characters in the August direct, but we didn't. We got 5!

Interesting thought! Everyone is Here! Direct had 3, August had 5 and now the next one will have 7 (Or 5 with 2 being in a normal direct).

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think even expecting Shantae as an assist trophy is setting yourself up for disappointment. Shantae’s fans are a very vocal minority. Still, it wouldn’t be unheard of to see her as a regular trophy. I just expect a playable Shovel Knight before Shantae :/
I think you’re selling Shantae and her support short. In fan polls during the ballot she did better than Shovel Knight. She also has had a history with Nintendo, with her first game being on the Gameboy Color of all things. Her developers have been very very vocal about wanting her in Smash.

This is coming from someone who’s never played her games, I truly believe she has a chance at DLC.

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I've been seeing people saying Isaac is petting Flint and also heard people say he is stepping on it. I'm a little confused since the blurry mess leaves quite a bit of open ended thoughts on what we actually see. I personally just see a blob of brown.

I wish we just got our final reveals this week or last week. I hate everything getting video or image leaked. :/
I drew some outlines on the image, does this help?

https://i.imgur.com/XBCsrU8.png

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman

To be honest they have 1 1/2 month to show 7 characters, off reveal or maybe Sakurai wanted to make a big 30m reveal.

Nintendo can always find more time.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
My theory is that at least one of the characters is a Mewtwo situation, where its DLC.

I just can't believe a situation where so many of these characters are in the base.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
To be honest they have 1 1/2 month to show 7 characters, off reveal or maybe Sakurai wanted to make a big 30m reveal.

Nintendo can always find more time.
Source gaming primary argument is that this is "too good to be true" but I would argue the contrary. Courus Kids and March Rider support are primarily limited to the fans of GameXplain. They don't have the appeal that some others do. Ken and Shadow were thought to be legit impossible before the implementation of echo fighters, and Richter showing that third parties can get those. and many supporters for Shadow (myself included in the distant past) got off the bandwagon because the sonic fanbase reacts VERY negatively to smash suggestions that aren't tails or knuckles.

Banjo, Isaac, and Geno are the only huge fan picks. If 3 fan demanded fighters is unrealistic, then I feel bad for developers of other fighting games who seem to follow what their community's ask for. I mean this game was legit made from the ground up for the fans. Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Ridley, K rool, and Simon should be VERY strong evidence of such.

My thoughts are that if this is correct, we will see a melee/brawl reveal epic blow out trailer of the final newcomers. This would tie into whatever form our story mode takes. Basically a montage of cut-scenes from the story mode containing our final characters that would double as both their reveals and the story mode reveal.

cybersai

Smash Ace
My theory is that at least one of the characters is a Mewtwo situation, where its DLC.

I just can't believe a situation where so many of these characters are in the base.
It'll likely be Dixie Kong then, since she was rumored to be cut and she's the easiest to make ala Mewtwo

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
The amount of detail in this leak is ridiculous. I think Artsy Omni has had the best take on this so far. Just apply Occam's Razor

ferioku

Smash Ace
I saw this leak and to be honest, I actually pray to god it's real! Honestly though, the diversity is increadible and of course our boy ISAAC HAS GOTTA BE IN! My heart races whenever i see this pic, call me sad but I dont care >=O #Isaac4Smash #Isaac2018 #TheSunWillFinallyTurnGoldAgain

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I drew some outlines on the image, does this help?

https://i.imgur.com/XBCsrU8.png
NOW I can kind of see the Venus Djinn. I was having trouble making out anything other than Isaac and the grass/vines. IF this is real this makes me wonder if a venus djinn will be an integral part of Isaac's moveset.
First, I wanted to say that this is the first I'm hearing of all of this and I'm super excited. I think this is a real deal leak we have on our hands. Even if Isaac were not in this banner, I would feel the same way. There are just too many layers to this story that mesh together cohesively. If one of those factors were false or wrong, it would invalidate it. But with all the CSI work coming back with nothing but positive verification on things, what's been done is build up a rather convincing case for it rather than anything against it.

Having that said, I wanted to say something about Isaac in the banner here. I really wonder now if how Sakurai will use the djinn is using them like it's pictured. For instance, if Isaac uses a special, a small djinn will pop out and Isaac uses the psynergy/move. Basically using djinn as a cosmetic part of the moveset. Whatever the case is, I'm excited as hell. There's just so much that makes sense here and I understand the fear that comes along with that. I feel that too, of course. Thankfully something has happened after such a massive drought of information.

Eagle

Smash Lord
So supposing this leak is legit either Isaac is solo or he has Felix/Matthew as an alt. costume. If he does have an alt costume as another character, it's likely to be Matthew due to stature, I would think.

Praying this leak is true. The amount of effort one would have to go to fake this with moving everyone around and whatnot makes me want to believe.

KMDP

Smash Legend
First, I wanted to say that this is the first I'm hearing of all of this and I'm super excited. I think this is a real deal leak we have on our hands. Even if Isaac were not in this banner, I would feel the same way. There are just too many layers to this story that mesh together cohesively. If one of those factors were false or wrong, it would invalidate it. But with all the CSI work coming back with nothing but positive verification on things, what's been done is build up a rather convincing case for it rather than anything against it.

Having that said, I wanted to say something about Isaac in the banner here. I really wonder now if how Sakurai will use the djinn is using them like it's pictured. For instance, if Isaac uses a special, a small djinn will pop out and Isaac uses the psynergy/move. Basically using djinn as a cosmetic part of the moveset. Whatever the case is, I'm excited as hell. There's just so much that makes sense here and I understand the fear that comes along with that. I feel that too, of course. Thankfully something has happened after such a massive drought of information.
Maybe Isaac's specials are super powerful, but rely on Djinn to use; when you use the Specials, the Djinn get put on Standby and you have to set them by using the relevant Special again, maybe you even have to wait (move around) a little to do so (as if you had used a Summon).

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
So supposing this leak is legit either Isaac is solo or he has Felix/Matthew as an alt. costume. If he does have an alt costume as another character, it's likely to be Matthew due to stature, I would think.

Praying this leak is true. The amount of effort one would have to go to fake this with moving everyone around and whatnot makes me want to believe.
Yeah I already discussed that with a friend of mine too. Felix might still be a "Olimar/Alph" case but I won't get my hopes up too much regarding that since I am glad that we potentially will get Isaac... finally <3

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I see. I saw PW being in MvsC3 an odd move until AATrilogy became a thing on the other platforms other than the Switch. And nice. Great games they are. : D

Nice, nice. Hopefully we get what we want. XD
Of course, I wouldn't mind Phoenix if he was confirmed.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I also wanted to point something else out that someone brought up earlier and was questioning. So everyone might remember just a week ago the one person that leaked Cloud saying something about Nintendo being angry about an image leak. Well, apparently, the specific worker for this french company works for another one now. So he would have had enough time to lose the job at this one and find another job somewhere else. The time frames match up quite well and while we don't know how long ago the snapchats were taken, it's likely that it was probably about a month ago if this were true.

Being a month ago, it could be a piece of material that was floating around that Nintendo discovered and got angry about. Just a possibility.

Maybe Isaac's specials are super powerful, but rely on Djinn to use; when you use the Specials, the Djinn get put on Standby and you have to set them by using the relevant Special again, maybe you even have to wait (move around) a little to do so (as if you had used a Summon).
This would be great as well and totally something I could see Sakurai implementing. I'm super curious to find out the end product being so invested in this character.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
Just contributing my two cents to say that I’m in love with this leak for a lot of reasons, but obviously Isaac being in would be huge!!

My only nag with this is the idea of the DLC. I can’t help but think we’re possibly looking at some of the DLC because I can’t fathom 7 characters being revealed for the base roster before launch. I could see this being 4 revealed for base and the first wave of DLC. I’d guess Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Geno, and Isaac for base and then Shadow, Ken, and Banjo-Kazooie being the first wave of blockbuster DLC.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
A new image "leak" appeared that has Isaac on the front. Im not too familiar with the series, but can anyone identify if that is a brand new Isaac art right next to Little Mac (towards the left of the image)?

I personally feel this may be fake due to the blurriness (and I swear that Banjo & Kazooie, and the Shadow are weird), but I want to see what you guys think. Mii characters are also missing, oddly enough.
I don't know how to feel about this leak, but I want to believe!!!

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Just contributing my two cents to say that I’m in love with this leak for a lot of reasons, but obviously Isaac being in would be huge!!

My only nag with this is the idea of the DLC. I can’t help but think we’re possibly looking at some of the DLC because I can’t fathom 7 characters being revealed for the base roster before launch. I could see this being 4 revealed for base and the first wave of DLC. I’d guess Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Geno, and Isaac for base and then Shadow, Ken, and Banjo-Kazooie being the first wave of blockbuster DLC.
Understandable, though I personally think Sakurai fooled people again like the smart person he is by saying "There aren't many left" and intended to drop the bomb at the end with 7 CHARACTERS WILL JOIN THE BATTLE.
If that wouldn't have been leaked (assuming it's true) everyone would have been shocked and Sakurai would have accomplished the "wow"-effect.

EDIT: BUT we don't know what Sakurai meant by "not many left" in the first place :D

Last edited:

User Name String

Smash Apprentice
Credit where credits due to Source--Gaming, they avoided the proposed leaker's name in case he was being set-up to a degree.

As for the leak I despise that the roster has been potentially leaked in such a way that is disrespectful to the team behind smash and in a way that takes suspense away.

Cool that these characters are in, but this leak should not have happen.

Top Bottom