• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hey everyone. I suggest you take same time and watch PapaGenos’s recent YouTube video. A lot of evidence is pointing to Smash Ultimate having already gone gold. D1 recently posted a pic of him playing Ultimate in an office, the menu theme being allowed to be posted online and a media person for Nintendo of America recently posted an image and in it you can see the official Smash Ultimate box with it’s ESRB rating on his desk.

Also some people noticed the stage section on the Ultimate website got updated because one of the stages on the English site randomly had it’s Spanish title instead. Anyways all of this is pointing at the possibility of the next Smash news being the last before launch.
Maybe we are due to the most massive smash direct yet for Ultimate… oh boi…

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we are due to the most massive smash direct yet for Ultimate… oh boi…
That’s what I’m thinking too because we still have 5 stages to reveal. Would Sakurai do something crazy like reveal 5 uniques in one direct??? I highly doubt it but what are those 5 hidden stages and why else would you hide them?

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Hey guys I updated my Isaac render. I left both sides complete now (it was very cropped last time), gave it a bit of more alive color, somewhat better shading on the face, and a soft smile to at least not make him look dead inside lol.

Ver 1:
View attachment 170379
Ver 2:
View attachment 170380
New Ver:
View attachment 170383
Thoughts?
Honestly, this is brilliantly done.
I love that you made his hair more golden in the newer version, this is one of the nicest looking Isaac render I have seen in awhile.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I honestly don't know why I thought of this, but anyone else find it strange that the original Neogaf leak still has yet to be debunked? As I thought about it more, what if it's like the Gematsu leak where the info was outdated? Like, is it possible that Soren was considered, but then decided on someone else later? I honestly don't know. It's just...odd.

Anyway, there's still next week for Smash News to happen. Make sense if they have two directs left, make one at the end of October (for Halloween maybe?) and the last one at the end of November (for Thanksgiving/Black Friday?). Who knows?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
That’s what I’m thinking too because we still have 5 stages to reveal. Would Sakurai do something crazy like reveal 5 uniques in one direct??? I highly doubt it but what are those 5 hidden stages and why else would you hide them?
I don’t think it’s out of the question. While it does seem like overkill (especially considering how there’s probably Echoes coming as well), I wouldn’t put it past Sakurai to slow down reveals to a crawl only to have 6+ reveals all in one big Direct.

Personally, with how much we have yet to learn about the game, I think we’ll get a 100-Fact Extravaganza in late October/November.

I honestly don't know why I thought of this, but anyone else find it strange that the original Neogaf leak still has yet to be debunked? As I thought about it more, what if it's like the Gematsu leak where the info was outdated? Like, is it possible that Soren was considered, but then decided on someone else later? I honestly don't know. It's just...odd.

Anyway, there's still next week for Smash News to happen. Make sense if they have two directs left, make one at the end of October (for Halloween maybe?) and the last one at the end of November (for Thanksgiving/Black Friday?). Who knows?
It seems weird, but since Richter’s reveal (what made the Neogaf leak gain relevance) the only things we’ve learned about the game are Isabelle and 108 stages. Isabelle was very obvious and easy to predict, and the leak didn’t talk about stages.

It’s crazy to think how slow reveals have been lately.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Would have this version fooled more? :p
View attachment 170416
Centered, new logo, considering Ken would be announced the characters would've been moved and the *9 character would remain on the right side as it always ends like.
If this was the original picture you posted, without fessing up to its creation, people would still be debating it for sure, especially with that Tansut claim causing people to reevaluate past leaks. It's quite good!

That said, blurry, off-screen leaks of the Smash website, whether this one, 4's, or the DOJO, have, to my memory, never been correct. So it's always best to basically rule them out regardless. But they're easier than in-game leaks, so I get why people make them.

Now finish the picture. :evil:

Like, is it possible that Soren was considered, but then decided on someone else later?
No

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Would have this version fooled more? :p
View attachment 170416
Centered, new logo, considering Ken would be announced the characters would've been moved and the *9 character would remain on the right side as it always ends like.
The Internet would have been a ****storm for a minute or two with this. It’s honestly perfect. It’s hard to believe it’s an almagamtion of different characters....

Huh... who would have thought. Isaac’s been in Smash all this time... there’s just a little piece of him in every fighter.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Isaac render is very, very good; the only issue with the leak is that it's on the website, so it'd be fake.

Unless, we assume Intern-kun has his own planning page or sumthin.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really feel tempted to do it… I gotta figure out the rest of the pose with what I've done so far, hmm…
It seems like a more dynamic pose might be out of the question given what seems to be the more relaxed nature of his stance, but you could probably have a clenched fist with aura or psynergy or whatever radiating from it, akin to Isaac on the GS1 box or Matthew on DD cover.

Though that might complicate things given the additional lighting and effect work necessary. Totally your call. Would look cool though and for once draw attention to his magic abilities over the sword that's in every other damn model/render/whatever.
If you're really next level you could have small stones floating around it.

But it's already great and I'm sure however it ends up will be better than most every other example out there.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
It seems like a more dynamic pose might be out of the question given what seems to be the more relaxed nature of his stance, but you could probably have a clenched fist with aura or psynergy or whatever radiating from it, akin to Isaac on the GS1 box or Matthew on DD cover.

Though that might complicate things given the additional lighting and effect work necessary. Totally your call. Would look cool though and for once draw attention to his magic abilities over the sword that's in every other damn model/render/whatever.
If you're really next level you could have small stones floating around it.

But it's already great and I'm sure however it ends up will be better than most every other example out there.
You actually read my mind (are you a wind adept? lol) because as I wrote my last reply I was already thinking about the stones floating around, some earthy type of psynergy hint on his render would be great, I almost want that to be part of his official render actually lol. I was thinking even having Flint jumping next to him or something with such pose similar to what happens in that Matthew pict … Hmmm I will do some sketches as soon as I can.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Between that Mathew foxwell guy on twitter, and all the fake text leaks saying Isaac's an assist as of late.. I got pretty down in the dumps today on the situation. The main reason I want Isaac in smash is to make headlines and get people talking about the IP again so that a GS4 could be financially justified in a room full of japanese business suits. However seeing all that stuff made me scared that if Isaac is in the game, if we really did invest all this time speculating, and polling, and putting votes in the ballot, and keeping the spirit alive, then we'd have wasted our time because the casual smash fan-base doesn't care, and in some more important cases, is actively and aggressively against the idea. This whole ordeal, for one good day of media coverage. Followed by years of attacking memes and vitriol, similar to what Corrin and their fans endured. It's an utterly terrifying and almost tear jerking prospect for me.

I'm usually the super positive; to an almost unnatural degree, one in this thread. But today just wasn't a good day for me. I just sort of had to realize that even after he makes it into the game, we're still looking at a massive uphill battle to pull the series back into the spotlight.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I really feel tempted to do it… I gotta figure out the rest of the pose with what I've done so far, hmm…
I think it'd be cool if you allow him to emit psnergy out his hands kind of just showing there's more to him beyond the sword. A pose like this one ⬇ would be fitting for the base you already began on since his sword is still unequipped. Maybe make his hand more posed outward towards the camera like in the Dark Dawn artwork N3ON N3ON posted

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Between that Mathew foxwell guy on twitter, and all the fake text leaks saying Isaac's an assist as of late.. I got pretty down in the dumps today on the situation. The main reason I want Isaac in smash is to make headlines and get people talking about the IP again so that a GS4 could be financially justified in a room full of japanese business suits. However seeing all that stuff made me scared that if Isaac is in the game, if we really did invest all this time speculating, and polling, and putting votes in the ballot, and keeping the spirit alive, then we'd have wasted our time because the casual smash fan-base doesn't care, and in some more important cases, is actively and aggressively against the idea. This whole ordeal, for one good day of media coverage. Followed by years of attacking memes and vitriol, similar to what Corrin and their fans endured. It's an utterly terrifying and almost tear jerking prospect for me.

I'm usually the super positive; to an almost unnatural degree, one in this thread. But today just wasn't a good day for me. I just sort of had to realize that even after he makes it into the game, we're still looking at a massive uphill battle to pull the series back into the spotlight.
Who's Matthew Foxwell?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Nazyrus Nazyrus ! You should definitely do a full body render as his stance in the GS box art with earth Psynergy being used. But whatever you do, I know it will be awesome! Especially if he never even uses his sword so that it will make people see Isaac not as some "anime Swordsman". lol

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
You could surround Isaac in... what would you call it... psynergy aura? The circles that go up an adept when they use psynergy. I dunno what it's called.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
nintendo tug of war.png

Issac may not be the toughest boy, but he's hunkered down and giving it his all! May our boys and girl survive Sakurai's judgement.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
Who's Matthew Foxwell?
Exactly.

A single human being that doesnt want Isaac included instead of Ken, Incineroar or Banjo Kazooie xD based on what I gather from his twitter anyway...

I wouldnt be surprised if people are just hating on Isaacs chances cause they seem so strong, and they want whatever their favorite character is added, so they'll write Isaac off as another anime sword boy based on nothing but not wanting their chances for their own favorite character lowered. I feel like I've seen that a lot.

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
The only first party character from a new franchise that is more likely than Isaac is an ARMS rep, and that's certain to be DLC anyway. I refuse to believe Ultimate will only add two more first party franchises (Splatoon and ARMS) by the time everything is said and done. That would be a tragedy when there are still so many unrepresented franchises from throughout Nintendo's history, and nobody is more wanted now than Isaac.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
The only first party character from a new franchise that is more likely than Isaac is an ARMS rep, and that's certain to be DLC anyway. I refuse to believe Ultimate will only add two more first party franchises (Splatoon and ARMS) by the time everything is said and done. That would be a tragedy when there are still so many unrepresented franchises from throughout Nintendo's history, and nobody is more wanted now than Isaac.
There’s no guarantee that we’ll get an arms rep.

That being said ATM we only have Splatoon as the new Nintendo rep. With Castlevania as the second new rep (albeit third party).

Yeah we’ll definitely get another entirely new Nintendo rep. Even the other heavily requested characters come from established franchises.

Bandana Dee (Kirby)
Inciniroar(Pokemon)
Elma/Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade)
Geno (even though he’s third party he’s still very much Mario)

Which leaves Lloyd, Banjo, ...ugh Steve... which all would be new, but they’re third party as well sooooo

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I think ARMS is a lock for DLC. I know people say Splatoon didn't make it into Sm4sh but that's because development on Ultimate began and even then Inklings were the very first and most expected reveal. Without Ultimate, I think DLC would have continued for another few batches at least. Ultimate is coming out early in the Switch cycle and it's hard to imagine a new Smash coming out for at LEAST another 5-10 years. Which is why I believe we'll be seeing quite a bit of Ultimate DLC, and ARMS just lends itself too well to Smash not to be included at all.

But like you said, there aren't any other heavily requested characters who are from an unrepresented franchise AND first party, so not adding Isaac at all would be criminal imho. Even if he's not base game, then surely as DLC after the Rathalos tweet blew up his visibility. I remember how low-key this thread was and then suddenly after Rathalos we exploded to become the most active character support thread on Smashboards. Probably helps that K. Roodley were confirmed too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think ARMS is a lock for DLC. I know people say Splatoon didn't make it into Sm4sh but that's because development on Ultimate began and even then Inklings were the very first and most expected reveal. Without Ultimate, I think DLC would have continued for another few batches at least. Ultimate is coming out early in the Switch cycle and it's hard to imagine a new Smash coming out for at LEAST another 5-10 years. Which is why I believe we'll be seeing quite a bit of Ultimate DLC, and ARMS just lends itself too well to Smash not to be included at all.

But like you said, there aren't any other heavily requested characters who are from an unrepresented franchise AND first party, so not adding Isaac at all would be criminal imho. Even if he's not base game, then surely as DLC after the Rathalos tweet blew up his visibility. I remember how low-key this thread was and then suddenly after Rathalos we exploded to become the most active character support thread on Smashboards. Probably helps that K. Roodley were confirmed too.
I agree that ARMS is probably a lock for DLC, because it did come out before the game released. I mostly use the Splatoon argument of "not even getting DLC" against the idea of ARMS getting in base roster, because that's just a ridiculous idea. Its way too new, Sakurai's not a time traveler. As DLC, though, ARMS is pretty hot.

When Sakurai finalized DLC for 3DS/Wii U, Splatoon was literally just releasing and they had no idea on how successful it would be. So it was too new then. If there was a "Wave 3" of DLC (started development after Splatoon released and before the second wave released), then we probably could have seen Splatoon last time.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Hmmm Shulk gets on the blog, at the end of his video he uses his FS on Charizard (fire dragon like rathalos) that makes all the character from the rathalos pic present on the blog and now we get a spiky blonde haired JRPG protagonist using a sword.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :estatic:
Probably reading too much into it.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I updated my Isaac render. I left both sides complete now (it was very cropped last time), gave it a bit of more alive color, somewhat better shading on the face, and a soft smile to at least not make him look dead inside lol.

Ver 1:
View attachment 170379
Ver 2:
View attachment 170380
New Ver:
View attachment 170383
Thoughts?
See nobody tries that hard to make a fake leak for Isaac. If you would have shown that and said it was a leaked image I would have thought it was legit.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You could surround Isaac in... what would you call it... psynergy aura? The circles that go up an adept when they use psynergy. I dunno what it's called.
I don't think they have a name,

You could just call them "Psynergy Rings", I suppose.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I don't think they have a name,

You could just call them "Psynergy Rings", I suppose.
Speaking about those rings, i think they are supposed to be some sort of transmutation/magic circle. Kinda like in Divinity Original Sin 2 when you cast a spel you see a circle drawing under the feet of your character, or how in Pathfinder you see it too, and another in the hand of your character.
You also see circles when your characters cast a psynergy in battle in Golden Sun, maybe if we had a HD remaster/remake or a GS4 it would be more detailed, kinda like the circle on the upper screen with the djinns in Dark Dawn.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
So nothing really new has happened? Or did I miss something?
Nope, nothing. Today is the bar event (in...7 hours and half?), which it could be one of these cases:
- E3 Demo
- New Demo with recently announced characters (Simon, Isabelle, K.Rool...)
- Direct and they'll stream it there + probably play a new demo

This event is a private one (not even cameras allowed) so it feels weird if it's just a e3 demo... In my opinion is something bigger. If it will be just a e3 demo private event... why they don't allow cameras then? Even for a new demo with Simon/Isabelle/K.Rool it would feel strange, as we already saw people playing with K.Rool...

We'll see....

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
- Woops, sorry I hit Reply instead Edit, please mods delete this -

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace

Don't forget, Golden Sun trended on twitter when news of its trademark getting renewed came to light. This just from the sheer possibility of Golden Sun getting another game/Isaac in Smash. Nothing was confirmed or set in stone and yet people were hyped and telling their experiences with Golden Sun.

People I followed for years never uttered a word of Golden Sun until the Rathalos tweet and trademark renewal. The fans have never left even if the haters come off as the majority simply from being the loudest. Really a combination of Isaac getting in Smash and/or Golden Sun on Switch would be enough to jumpstart the dormant fandom.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
They might have to do with the unrevealed mode? Or be boss stages? I would not be surprised if at least 2, possibly 3, of them are for fighters though. So if we do only have 1 Direct and no other announcements we might get the 2-3 unique fighters and 2-3 echoes in 1 go.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
New tweet inNintendo America account at this exact time and it's only FE Heroes stuff......
We're not getting anything this month I swear :drsad:

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
If anything guys, I’m just holding out for next week for any new news regarding the game. If not November’s going to be quite the event.
On a side note, when smash ultimate releases, I’ve got this theory that if a character has their own trophy in the game (like Rayman did in smash 4) but is not on the playable roster, does that deconfirm their chances for dlc?

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
If anything guys, I’m just holding out for next week for any new news regarding the game. If not November’s going to be quite the event.
On a side note, when smash ultimate releases, I’ve got this theory that if a character has their own trophy in the game (like Rayman did in smash 4) but is not on the playable roster, does that deconfirm their chances for dlc?
Lucas and Mewtwo had trophies before becoming DLC, so it does not affect.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
That's an interesting question. Every character has their own trophies (related to each game mode) so.... I would say yes.

Lucas hada trophy before becoming DLC, so it does not affect.
Oh I didn't know, then I don't know what to think lol

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Not entirely. Mewtwo had a trophy in 4 before he was announced as DLC.

Yeah, I'm still holding out for next week. But if we truly don't get anything this month, oh well.

It did make me think though, what if we get a character reveal every week up till a new Direct/Game's release? That would be something.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Man I wish time would go by faster, time seems like it is crawling waiting for the next big announcement. Maybe I will go creeper on some of the other threads? Lol

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Last year the news came in October around the 24th, so if nothing happens next week then it's 100% gonna be in the first week of November imo. I hope we do get something next week tho, November is gonna be a huge danger zone for leaks if stuff ain't revealed yet.

Top Bottom