• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ZelDan

Smash Master
Even if I never got into MGS or Star fox, and never really liked the Ice Climbers' game on the NES, I was still bummed to see all 3 cut from Smash 4 (well, Snake, Wolf, and IC specifically).

That said I was largely statisfied with Smash 4's roster and disagree with the notion it had no hype inclusions. Megaman was super hype and up there with the Castkevania reps in Ultimate for me. As someone who loved the Galaxy games and liked Rosalina, her inclusion was exciting as hell. Even if I didn't like Xenoblade Chronicles 1 as much as others, I still had a decent time with, and thought that Shulk was a cool addition, and liked that we got some more JRPG representation in Smash. While I never personally cared for Pac-Man's arcade games, Pac-Man being in Smash was pretty mind-blowing considering how huge that character is to gaming and its history (dude is on the same level as Mario for goodness sake!). As a fan of KI: Uprising, I thought Palutena was a great addition, and along with Rosalina and others female characters I was happy to see more female representation happen in Smash, after Brawl didn't really add anything new in that department. another game I wasn;t huge on was FE Awakening, that said, like XC1, I still had a decent time with it and I actually liked Lucina being added to the game, despite being a clone (or what we call an echo now).

And then DLC happened, where we got freakin; Cloud and Bayonetta, who both hyped me to the moon (pun intended), as a huge fan of both FFVII and the Bayonetta games. While not new characters, I was thrilled to see Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy return as well. Never got into Street Fighter, but having one of the most iconic fighting game characters in Nintendo's biggest fighter was neato and absolutely fine by me.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I updated my Isaac render. I left both sides complete now (it was very cropped last time), gave it a bit of more alive color, somewhat better shading on the face, and a soft smile to at least not make him look dead inside lol.

Ver 1:
View attachment 170379
Ver 2:
View attachment 170380
New Ver:
View attachment 170383
Thoughts?
The new version is muuuuch better. That looks like what I remember the original looking like on my Gameboy. The sharp nose bridge is the only big thing that I would have fixed, and the shadowing makes it seem much better. The hair color now feels much more accurate too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
We shall get new information on Ultimate... on November 30th.
No said Direct is going to be a DVD included with Smash Ultimate when it releases on December 7th.

Meaning it's going to tell you everything you already know when you buy the game. :)

Come to think of it, that'd be a lot more interesting than reading a boring instruction manual.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey guys I updated my Isaac render. I left both sides complete now (it was very cropped last time), gave it a bit of more alive color, somewhat better shading on the face, and a soft smile to at least not make him look dead inside lol.

Ver 1:
View attachment 170379
Ver 2:
View attachment 170380
New Ver:
View attachment 170383
Thoughts?
Bro!!! That looks amazing so far! I can't even imagine how much further you can go. I can't wait if you continue. Regardless, it looks tons better! Makes me wonder if you used this for your "leak". You might have broke the Internet.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Bro!!! That looks amazing so far! I can't even imagine how much further you can go. I can't wait if you continue. Regardless, it looks tons better! Makes me wonder if you used this for your "leak". You might have broke the Internet.
Yeah I kinda regret not taking my proper time before releasing it :p but if I didn' I wouldn't have gotten the amazing feedback I got that actually made me make it better now. Oh well! I wouldn't have wanted to give false hopes to people anyway, I want him officially in Smash just as everyone else lol. If I figure out how the render would continue for the rest of his body I would probably start trying to make more of it.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Hey Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept i come from the shantae thread to say can you calm TOY the Gamer TOY the Gamer down (maybe others) on the shantae thread of some fake leak? He thinks its real and its getting on my nerves it also has isaac as a AT again (really?!?)

https://imgur.com/a/YLB1Z6D
I'm not Isaac: Venus Adept but I threw in my two cents. I'm pretty sure I recall this supposed leak to upset NIntendo was supposed to be an image leak, not just a text one.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Hey Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept i come from the shantae thread to say can you calm TOY the Gamer TOY the Gamer down (maybe others) on the shantae thread of some fake leak? He thinks its real and its getting on my nerves it also has isaac as a AT again (really?!?)

Yeah no problem. People need to stop panicking over obvious fake leaks and also a reminder to everyone to not take this image leak hunt seriously. This guy is messing with everyone because we are all hungry for news

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

link3710

Smash Cadet

Ver 1:
Ver 2:
New Ver:
Thoughts?
The color scheme is much better, pretty much everywhere. Shadows are improved, though they still don't quite match his hair I don't think? The eyebrow texturing looks odd now that it's been darkened, though I'm not sure if that's a thing with all smash renders or just this.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
I think a fun question is, if the Rathalos pic "isnt" an Isaac hint then what else could it be?

Would seem odd to be "promoting" or "advertising" whatever is in the photo cause there isnt anything in that photo that wasnt already revealed in the direct or otherwise.
Except maybe the stage, is it clear what stage the photo takes place on?

Either way Im pretending Isaac isnt even a character that exists and trying to think of what that pic means in an Isaac-less world

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
I think a fun question is, if the Rathalos pic "isnt" an Isaac hint then what else could it be?

Would seem odd to be "promoting" or "advertising" whatever is in the photo cause there isnt anything in that photo that wasnt already revealed in the direct or otherwise.

Either way Im pretending Isaac isnt even a character that exists and trying to think of what that pic means in an Isaac-less world
the stage is the Fire Emblem Colosseum stage

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525

I don't really know what else it could realistically be. Golden Sun is the only game where that specific angle is used on a near constant basic by the game and the positioning and characters in the shot just line up too perfectly. I don't want to get my hope up, but what other game prominently uses that angle that has a sizable fanbase and is prominent enough to be represented in Smash? Exactly.

PokiehlthePoet

Smash Apprentice
the stage is the Fire Emblem Colosseum stage
I feel like the more things there are in this pic that we already know about, the more the question is raised, why was this pic even posted?

Maybe if it was revealing something players hadnt seen yet someone could say "Its not an Isaac hint, its a cool way of showing off the new _______ )
but...its just a pic of a bunch of stuff we already know about....only.....dun dun dun!!! lol...

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

If it's not a hint, I think it has no meaning other than to show off more of Rathalos since he was only very recently revealed at that time.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the more things there are in this pic that we already know about, the more the question is raised, why was this pic even posted?

Maybe if it was revealing something players hadnt seen yet someone could say "Its not an Isaac hint, its a cool way of showing off the new _______ )
but...its just a pic of a bunch of stuff we already know about....only.....dun dun dun!!! lol...
Not merely that. You may have not been around 150 pages ago, but the image is clearly edited by the people that took it, this being the smash team. It's not the first time they've edited characters and stages to take images and pose them in cool ways. People noted the Little mac one put on the blog that looks like Punch-Out! in Sm4sh and also Yoshi doing the Akuma pose. If those are also evidence of anything, it's that the team is actually very faithful in recreating iconic imagery to capture something about a character or game. Those two pictures I noted all actually have perfect posing and framing.

For the Rathalos pic, you can't line up the characters like that and take a picture at that angle without having access to 100% camera rotation/movement and editing software to put all of that together in one place. That means it was done deliberately (obviously). If it was, we're talking about a team who is faithful in recreating stuff and it just so happens to have an uncanny resemblance to Camelot RPG angles. Not to mention the other parallels that have been elaborated on ad nauseum by this point.

Like I said, I'd actually be surprised if there's no hide or hair of Isaac to be found again.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Would have this version fooled more? :p
uM7JSYFU.jpg

Centered, new logo, considering Ken would be announced the characters would've been moved and the *9 character would remain on the right side as it always ends like.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
View attachment 170416
Centered, new logo, considering Ken would be announced the characters would've been moved and the *9 character would remain on the right side as it always ends like.
Oh yeah, now this would have fooled me! You did an amazing job on Isaac! It even looks legitimate and shows how good Isaac would look in a higher resolution! I love it.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
View attachment 170416
Unless someone figured out the assets from other fighters, this would probably have gone down as difficult to debunk.

On a completely unrelated note, my smash blog character predictions video just keeps aging better and better. Cloud just got posted on the blog :p

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
View attachment 170416
Man, it looks so good! I seriously can't wait to see the official one soon. But for now, this will have to do. Lol I still would have loved to see people trying to debunk this. Amazing job, dude! Are you planning to do a Felix render by any chance? Cause he desperately needs one. Haha!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Unless someone figured out the assets from other fighters, this would probably have gone down as difficult to debunk.

On a completely unrelated note, my smash blog character predictions video just keeps aging better and better. Cloud just got posted on the blog :p
On the other hand, right after Shulk got revealed I predicted on Discord that we'd get Cloud next. :D

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
My own opinion of rex aside, I know they are VERY popular, I'm just worried that first party ballot characters being stabbed and left for dead.
With DLC. I reckon Isaac still has a very good shot if we keep the campaign going, over a decade of strong consistent demand has to get us somewhere and with Switch being a thriving console I could tell this DLC is going to be more packed than the 4's one which had to be cut short because Ultimate was beginning production. I personally think ballot characters could still be DLC if they stay really want to continue the fanservice theme

View attachment 170416
Would've made the internet go crazy. The image leak hunt would've pointed everyone to this honestly

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know, I find it rather interesting that they showed off Shulk and Cloud this week.
TINFOIL HAT ON
Two famous blonde JRPG protagonist have been shown around the same time this month. But there's still one other in particular that has yet to show up! Isaac is coming!
TINFOIL HAT OFF
Probably a coincidence......

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I feel like people are jumping the gun slightly saying there'll be no reveal this month. (I guess it's easy to come to that conclusion though when we have so many theories supporting the idea....like the box theory)

Personally I felt a reveal in the latter half of October was more likely anyway. (even though I was hoping it would be sooner)
I think at this point a Direct on November is a pretty safe bet considering that next week is the last week of October. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know, I find it rather interesting that they showed off Shulk and Cloud this week.
TINFOIL HAT ON
Two famous blonde JRPG protagonist have been shown around the same time this month. But there's still one other in particular that has yet to show up! Isaac is coming!
TINFOIL HAT OFF
Probably a coincidence......
That's why I predicted Cloud would be next. :p

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

The reason Vergeben's been silent is that the place he leaks, Gamefaqs, hates him, and he hates them back. That much is obvious. That's strike 1.

Fake names are thrown to confuse leakers, this is true. However, what isn't believable on the other hand is that some other anonymous source would perfectly know this was the case, and then would report the "real" characters. If you are in a position to know both these pieces of information, and somehow also know that vergeben's source got fired, then you are very likely in nintendo upper management. And if you are in a position that high and leaking out to some other guy, you don't want your job anymore to put it simple. The NDA's on people that high up the chain are immensely powerful. You wouldn't post that here, and you certainly wouldn't hand it off to someone else. If they can find you with a fake name, they'll find you with information that detailed. So that's strike 2.

Strike 3 would be Medusa as a paulutena echo. Sakurai clarified that characters have to have identical, or nearly identical proportions in order to justify being an echo. Isabelle wouldn't work as an echo because she failed to line up with Village. The same would also be true of Paulutena.

Strike 4 is Decidyeye. He's a really cool pokemon. And i'm sure a lot of people want him. But he isn't nearly as high priority as Incinroar. Who is going to be a star of the anime, stands as the most popular pick in japan for pokemon, and is the series director personal favorite. Realistically speaking, we were all sort of wrong to assume Decidyeye in the first place with all the stuff logically overtaking him in favor of Incinroar. The core of our reason for wanting Decidueye was that we wanted a grass starter, and well Ivysaur is back now.

Strike 5 is the date. Hear me out on this. From what little we know outside of nintendo in reference to directs. They are given a set time frame. Not a hard date. The reason for this is that last minute changes are an often occurrence. This would remain the same for game specific dates as well. It's ultimately the PR team that decides the final date. So this guy's story is conflicting with itself. Is he upper management, or is he in marketing? Because to have that information he'd almost certainly have to be a direct editor. Which would pain an instant target on his back. Because if he's in marketing otherwise he wouldn't know this information. At E3, tons of nintendo employees had NEVER see smash ultimate, NEVER knew its concept, and NEVER knew it's characters. And were surprised along with us. This obviously would include the marketing department as they're nowhere near high enough on the food chain to get that kind of info. This guy wouldn't realistically know till the last day or two if he were in marketing.

Strike 6 If this information were legitimate, and was available so far as that random people on 4chan could get it, you'd see other source corroborating the same thing. For instance, Jon from gamexplain more or less disguised a Ridley leak as a goofy court video.

Text leaks are ALWAYS garbage. 99.9% of the time.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
The reason Vergeben's been silent is that the place he leaks, Gamefaqs, hates him, and he hates them back. That much is obvious. That's strike 1.

Fake names are thrown to confuse leakers, this is true. However, what isn't believable on the other hand is that some other anonymous source would perfectly know this was the case, and then would report the "real" characters. If you are in a position to know both these pieces of information, and somehow also know that vergeben's source got fired, then you are very likely in nintendo upper management. And if you are in a position that high and leaking out to some other guy, you don't want your job anymore to put it simple. The NDA's on people that high up the chain are immensely powerful. You wouldn't post that here, and you certainly wouldn't hand it off to someone else. If they can find you with a fake name, they'll find you with information that detailed. So that's strike 2.

Strike 3 would be Medusa as a paulutena echo. Sakurai clarified that characters have to have identical, or nearly identical proportions in order to justify being an echo. Isabelle wouldn't work as an echo because she failed to line up with Village. The same would also be true of Paulutena.

Strike 4 is Decidyeye. He's a really cool pokemon. And i'm sure a lot of people want him. But he isn't nearly as high priority as Incinroar. Who is going to be a star of the anime, stands as the most popular pick in japan for pokemon, and is the series director personal favorite. Realistically speaking, we were all sort of wrong to assume Decidyeye in the first place with all the stuff logically overtaking him in favor of Incinroar. The core of our reason for wanting Decidueye was that we wanted a grass starter, and well Ivysaur is back now.

Strike 5 is the date. Hear me out on this. From what little we know outside of nintendo in reference to directs. They are given a set time frame. Not a hard date. The reason for this is that last minute changes are an often occurrence. This would remain the same for game specific dates as well. It's ultimately the PR team that decides the final date. So this guy's story is conflicting with itself. Is he upper management, or is he in marketing? Because to have that information he'd almost certainly have to be a direct editor. Which would pain an instant target on his back. Because if he's in marketing otherwise he wouldn't know this information. At E3, tons of nintendo employees had NEVER see smash ultimate, NEVER knew its concept, and NEVER knew it's characters. And were surprised along with us. This obviously would include the marketing department as they're nowhere near high enough on the food chain to get that kind of info. This guy wouldn't realistically know till the last day or two if he were in marketing.

Strike 6 If this information were legitimate, and was available so far as that random people on 4chan could get it, you'd see other source corroborating the same thing. For instance, Jon from gamexplain more or less disguised a Ridley leak as a goofy court video.

Text leaks are ALWAYS garbage. 99.9% of the time.
F6538C02-9B18-4BE3-9127-2B32991E6B1C.gif

And leakers are dumber.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

I gotta watch your prediction video again. In the Blog theory discord server I work in, the only date I could think of him was the day he was announced as DLC lol.

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone. I suggest you take same time and watch PapaGenos’s recent YouTube video. A lot of evidence is pointing to Smash Ultimate having already gone gold. D1 recently posted a pic of him playing Ultimate in an office, the menu theme being allowed to be posted online and a media person for Nintendo of America recently posted an image and in it you can see the official Smash Ultimate box with it’s ESRB rating on his desk.

Also some people noticed the stage section on the Ultimate website got updated because one of the stages on the English site randomly had it’s Spanish title instead. Anyways all of this is pointing at the possibility of the next Smash news being the last before launch.

Top Bottom