• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
The only character (so far) that has ever hyped me to 100% in the history of Smash Bros has been Sonic. And I know that Isaac will be the only one that will go beyond that for me.

Smash 4, while having a pretty impressive roster, really disappointed me. As everyone has pointed out, and I totally agree, Smash 4 was a promotional deal rather than an actual game. Yes, I know Smash Bros in general is a promotional game in of itself, but Smash 4 felt such like a complete sell out and incomplete. It felt like dreams were shattered with that game personally. The only character I did like in 4 was Cloud and yet I never played his games. Only know his story, seen Advent Children and played Kingdom Hearts.

When Ultimate was announced, I wondered if we would go through the same thing as 4. But after the likes of Ridley, Simon, K. Rool and more, I feel like this game is where our long time dreams will finally become a reality. But we'll have to wait and see.
I still remember buying Melee and looking through the manual in the car while we were driving back home and just seeing chars like Bowser or Shiek. I remember the Moment when i fought against Invisible Fox and Falco in an event match before i unlocked him.
I was 100% sure that it wasn't Fox i was fighting in this Event match but i couldn't truely get myself to truely believe that Falco somehow was im this game untill i unlocked him.

I don't know which Smash Game was your first, but coming from 64 back then i only thought that Smash is just a smaller scale spin off game where only a few protagonists from Nintendos most important franchises could possibly be included.

Seeing antagonists like Bowser beeing playable seemed amazing to the 9 year old boy that i was, seeing side characters like Shiek or Falco in there was just a blast coming from 64.

Sonic, Meta Knight and wolf were the next Hype Character to me. Smash 4's Roster additions just felt weird to me.
If it wasn't for Cloud I'd even say that 4 didn't bring any noteworthy addition to the Series going forward.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
Just look at:

Billybae10K Billybae10K also made a video on this.
The Site was updated before Isabelles Reveal. So it suggests 71 Chars including echoes.

Even though I'd say 71 uniques sounds realistic. But it isn't a Leak, not even an educated guess, it is just a Websit which wasn't updated and an youtuber picked it up as a "Leak"...

Dixie just doesn't make sense as an echoe. She does not have Diddys gadgets, so she can share 2 of her specials with Diddy at max. And even then i think her Down B should be barrels rather than Bananas because she utilizes her hair to carry them, and Diddys side special was a generic move to make him look more Chimpanzee to begin with.
Diddys normals also don't make sense on dixie since she uses her hair to attack most of the times. Not to say that she couldn't share a single move with him, but it isn't even close to a chrome like situation.
Yes but I was talking about the guy who leaked Cloud, that he said a leak was real, this one has been debunked too?

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
My biggest fear for DLC is that they would put ONLY relevant new characters(rec and pyra/ new characters from upcoming games) and third party characters in. I want to get more first party characters that people ACTUALLY want (isaac, BWD, etc)

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Yes but I was talking about the guy who leaked Cloud, that he said a leak was real, this one has been debunked too?
I thought you were talking about that british retailer Leak. No that one hasn't been debunked yet. But it was very vague, so it technically can't be debunked anyway.

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I thought you were talking about that british retailer Leak. No that one hasn't been debunked yet. But it was very vague, so it technically can't be debunked anyway.
Erg that stinks, cause if he talks about a picture leak then the Geno ones seems to be the more closer to his statement since we didn't get Isaac pictures that were confirmed fake by their own authors. Then if it's a textual leak it could just be anything.. With and without Isaac in it.. Daaamn. If the leak made the producers scared or something like that it has to be a pretty important one. And since it's not the Ken one it opens dozens of possibilities

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I just don't get the secrecy for an already known demo and nothing else. They didn't do that with all of the other demos so far, they have always promoted them, and Nintendo hasn't even tweeted about this thing happening in that bar, at least not nintendo of canada. That's just … weird. But then again they are great making no sense i guess…

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Honestly, if there isn't a smash related reveal this week, then I'm just not gonna care about Smash for now. Making us wait till November is ridiculous.

Unless they reveal Black Shadow/F-Zero Rep, and/or Isaac in a frontload of the last direct next month, or a surprise direct this week, I have no reason to put any care into this.

The Smash community is just gonna become more toxic as the days till release become shorter.
Perhaps if you're concerned about toxicity, it'd be helpful not to interpret everything as some slight against us.

"How ridiculous it is for them to make us wait two months between reveals?" well, it's not. Two months between characters is extremely normal for Smash, it's how much of Smash 4 went. Moreover, the only time we didn't have to wait at least two months between reveals this time is between the Smash Direct and Isabelle.

Billybae10K Billybae10K also made a video on this.
The Site was updated before Isabelles Reveal. So it suggests 71 Chars including echoes.

Even though I'd say 71 uniques sounds realistic. But it isn't a Leak, not even an educated guess, it is just a Websit which wasn't updated and an youtuber picked it up as a "Leak"...
He sure did. Must've been nice for someone to do all your uncredited detective work, Billybae10K Billybae10K . :p

Last edited:

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
If they went that secretive for a demo showing, after showing it at colleges and tournaments and trade shows for months now already...

killll meeeeee

Ura Ura That AW2 character lineup in your signature is so awesome. Makes me want to replay Dual Strike and level up muh COs.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
My biggest fear for DLC is that they would put ONLY relevant new characters(rec and pyra/ new characters from upcoming games) and third party characters in. I want to get more first party characters that people ACTUALLY want (isaac, BWD, etc)
I doubt it'd only be relevant characters.M ewtwo was first DLC cause Sakurai said he was the most requested, followed by Lucas and Roy. Now that Sakurai has the ballot in hand, I see Sakurai moreso finishing off the fan favorites.

K. Rool is in Ultimate because his overwhelming support from the ballot made a statement that couldn't be ignored. And I honestly can't think of a bigger goldmine for Nintendo than making DLC for the characters people actually voted for than putting in obligatory FE rep from the upcoming game. Not that I wouldn't buy characters like Spring man or Rex if they came, I just see no reason to be stingy with the DLC with this game being Ultimate and the next Smash game being years away and possibly with an entire reboot. Characters like Isaac only stand to grow more obscure with time.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
It's weird because tomorrow (until sunday) here in Madrid we have "madrid games week" where smash will be playable for 4 days... and it's not a big deal, it's a huge place but that didn't catch as much as expectation as the Quebec....

And the "private " part is really weird.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo Artsy Omni Artsy Omni is in the house!
If they went that secretive for a demo showing, after showing it at colleges and tournaments and trade shows for months now already...

killll meeeeee

Ura Ura That AW2 character lineup in your signature is so awesome. Makes me want to replay Dual Strike and level up muh COs.
It's actually from a fanmade SSB4 comic that I screencap'd off lol. Check it out!

Come to think of it I want to replay an Advance Wars game myself. Probably the first one.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Perhaps if you're concerned about toxicity, it'd be helpful not to interpret everything as some slight against us.

"How ridiculous it is for them to make us wait two months between reveals?" well, it's not. Two months between characters is extremely normal for Smash, it's how much of Smash 4 went. Moreover, the only time we didn't have to wait at least two months between reveals this time is between the Smash Direct and Isabelle.

I wasn't taking it as a slight against us. I was taking it as an annoyance.

I didn't like Isabelle being the last bit of Smash info. So I find it ridiculous that they wouldn't give us anything else until the last direct. So I'm not hype for Ultimate until I see those two characters that I want.

and no, I don't care if people's found her hype.

I want what I want.

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really expecting anything from the event - it doesn't really make any sense to reveal a new character at a small event instead of just doing a regular Direct, where more people will see it - but the secrecy leading up to it is a little strange. I'm still thinking our final batch of info is coming in November, but it does make you wonder. Maybe the demo at this event will be a new one for the first time? Or maybe a character will get unveiled prior to it, and then the event will have them available? I kind of doubt it, but I do wonder why it was kept so secret up to now. I guess we'll find out soon!

I think we'll see a mix. Some newer characters are pretty likely I think (like Rex and Pyra - who I do want!), but with how much the team seems to be listening to fan requests this time, I doubt it'll be just newer characters. I think we'll get a good mix!

There's also the fact that Ultimate is coming out very early in the Switch's life, whereas Smash 4 DLC wrapped up around when Ultimate development was beginning. That means it's possible we could get a much longer line of DLC than we did for Smash 4! And if that's the case, then a bigger mix seems most likely.

I'm not sure if they'll do another Ballot, though? Maybe they'll just keep using the results of the last one for DLC this time.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
yeah that worries me too.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If there really isn't anything until early November, then that sorta goes hand in hand with the Box Theory which is pretty gross.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Guys music theory was debunked lol. The posted two fire emblem songs.
I think they mean that Motoi Sakuraba, GS composer didn't had a song on the website yet even if we know that he is working on Ultimate.

In this thread at least.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
It seems October will be like July, then.
I kind of expected that may be the case after the Sakurai interview (the one that talked about Isabelle and slowing the pace of reveals). I am sure November will have tons of information in a big blow out Smash direct or something. It will likely include the remaining characters, stages, game modes (Spirits), online and maybe even a demo or a tease at DLC (like Mewtwo in the 50-fact extravaganza video). Waiting for information may suck but, this speculation cycle is far shorter than Brawl and Smash 4.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Meh. They better make me hyped by including the characters I want.

Because this waiting period and this decision to skip October with no Nintendo related news is just stupid.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
I think they mean that Motoi Sakuraba, GS composer didn't had a song on the website yet even if we know that he is working on Ultimate.

In this thread at least.
Yeah, while the music theory as people commonly knew it has been getting knocked the past couple weeks, I think there could potentially be some truth to it.

As someone who has been wanting Elma in Smash, I will say it is kinda interesting how we haven't gotten a single xenoblade song/remix on the blog yet, but Nintendo is already adding second songs to series that already got music representation. Could be nothing, but part of me wonders if there's a reason they are holding back on that series.

And as others have mentioned, Motoi hasn;t shown up yet with a song on the blog yet either, so, maybe that's something?

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I still remember buying Melee and looking through the manual in the car while we were driving back home and just seeing chars like Bowser or Shiek. I remember the Moment when i fought against Invisible Fox and Falco in an event match before i unlocked him.
I was 100% sure that it wasn't Fox i was fighting in this Event match but i couldn't truely get myself to truely believe that Falco somehow was im this game untill i unlocked him.

I don't know which Smash Game was your first, but coming from 64 back then i only thought that Smash is just a smaller scale spin off game where only a few protagonists from Nintendos most important franchises could possibly be included.

Seeing antagonists like Bowser beeing playable seemed amazing to the 9 year old boy that i was, seeing side characters like Shiek or Falco in there was just a blast coming from 64.

Sonic, Meta Knight and wolf were the next Hype Character to me. Smash 4's Roster additions just felt weird to me.
If it wasn't for Cloud I'd even say that 4 didn't bring any noteworthy addition to the Series going forward.
Yeah Falco was my biggest surprise in Melee, I knew the cloaked figures weren't identical and I got so hyped when I got his unlock battle. (Hope they bring those back at least for a few characters.
But on 4 only having Cloud as a noteworthy inclusion? I think Little Mac was a great shoutout to a classic NES fighter. Capcom rep Mega Man one of my all time favorite video game characters who has more games over all his recreations than alot of the other characters combined. And the king of the arcade Pac Man who is self explanatory...no one else is noteworthy besides Cloud?
I guess it is all a matter of opponion cause Cloud being in didn't really make a difference to me either way, but I do note that he represents another big series for Smash. But me not caring about him doesn't make it unimportant. The only characters who aren't as big a deal are all of the extra reps that Pokemon and FE already have plenty of.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, while the music theory as people commonly knew it has been getting knocked the past couple weeks, I think there could potentially be some truth to it.

As someone who has been wanting Elma in Smash, I will say it is kinda interesting how we haven't gotten a single xenoblade song/remix on the blog yet, but Nintendo is already adding second songs to series that already got music representation. Could be nothing, but part of me wonders if there's a reason they are holding back on that series.

And as others have mentioned, Motoi hasn;t shown up yet with a song on the blog yet either, so, maybe that's something?
This^ mostly summarizes my thoughts on music theory. I get that there two songs from Fire Emblem and Mega man but, does that really kill the primary point of music theory? Music theory argues that when a new unique character is revealed the next music sample is from their series (there are many examples of this). Having two samples from one series does not really kill it. What could kill music theory, is the appearance of a music sample for a series then that series gets a new unique character. For example: If the Gang Plank Galleon music sample appeared on the site before the :ultkrool: reveal. Or if a new unique Fire Emblem character was revealed after the Gear Up for... music sample.

In short Music theory states that: "A character reveal is followed by music sample and not the other way around." Also the composer theory is still going strong with Motoi Sakuraba still not appearing with a music sample.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Falco was my biggest surprise in Melee, I knew the cloaked figures weren't identical and I got so hyped when I got his unlock battle. (Hope they bring those back at least for a few characters.
But on 4 only having Cloud as a noteworthy inclusion? I think Little Mac was a great shoutout to a classic NES fighter. Capcom rep Mega Man one of my all time favorite video game characters who has more games over all his recreations than alot of the other characters combined. And the king of the arcade Pac Man who is self explanatory...no one else is noteworthy besides Cloud?
I guess it is all a matter of opponion cause Cloud being in didn't really make a difference to me either way, but I do note that he represents another big series for Smash. But me not caring about him doesn't make it unimportant. The only characters who aren't as big a deal are all of the extra reps that Pokemon and FE already have plenty of.
I agree with mega man and Pac man. Didn't really think about them. Mac is also a good char. Not because i think that the Nes necessarily has to be represented even more than it already was at that point, but because he had moveset Potential.

It doesn't sound that bad now years after release, but i just had a bad taste in my mouth from unecessary cuts (why wolf? Squirtle?), wii fit trainer, shulks moveset being as complicated as it was and so on...

Cloud just gave me that Melee Marth kinda feeling. He just had a good moveset, without huge mindf***s. He was just fun to play and i don't think that applies to a lot of the other newcomers from the 4 era imo. I also played ff7 so i also happened to know his backstory, but that would also count for shulk and still i didn't really play him.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
So apparently the event happened one hour ago, did anybody share anything yet? Can we assume nothing noteworthy happened at this point?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like people are jumping the gun slightly saying there'll be no reveal this month. (I guess it's easy to come to that conclusion though when we have so many theories supporting the idea....like the box theory)

Personally I felt a reveal in the latter half of October was more likely anyway. (even though I was hoping it would be sooner)

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I remember being so afraid of character cuts during Smash 4 speculation. I seriously thought they would cut :4tlink: for Smash 4 and was really releved that he made it. The same cannot be said for :squirtle: and :wolf: who I missed and the fact that :4mewtwo: and :4lucas: (other characters I enjoyed) only came back as DLC. It is such a relief that no such fears are present in Ultimate (after E3 of course).

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Hey guys I updated my Isaac render. I left both sides complete now (it was very cropped last time), gave it a bit of more alive color, somewhat better shading on the face, and a soft smile to at least not make him look dead inside lol.

Ver 1:
IsaacRender.png

Ver 2:
IsaacRender2.png

New Ver:
IsaacRender3.png

Thoughts?

Last edited:

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
But some relevant new ones like Rex/Pyra for example is a character that people do want as well

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Top Bottom