• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KMDP

Smash Legend
How about a song list for a Golden Sun stage? Obviously, both of the preexisting songs used on Norfair and Palutena's Temple should return in some form, but what about new inclusions?

Venus Lighthouse, Isaac's Battle Theme, a standard boss theme medley, and a world map theme medley would be my obvious "must have" picks. For some personal choices, I'd also throw in TLA's sailing theme and a Sol Sanctum / Elemental Stars medley that starts out with high energy but transitions into a slower-paced song ala the Magicant / Eight Melodies remix. Golden Sun has an atmospheric side to its soundtrack that should be given some love.
Venus Lighthouse
Battle Theme (Isaac)
Battle Theme (Saturos)
Lighthouse Medley
Sol Sanctum/Elemental Stars Medley
Battle Theme (Felix), (Jenna) & (Sailing) Medley
Battle Theme (Fight of Sons)
EDIT: Two more songs
Battle Theme (Fusion Dragon)
Battle Theme (Doom Dragon)

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Hey guys, here's a question (might have been asked multiple times already, but...)

Would you feel pissed or relieved if Isaac gets to be in Ultimate, but only, again, as an AT?

It's the latter for me.
I mean yeah I'd be disappointed if he was a assist again but at the same time it really is better then nothing hopefully Europe or some country that really loves him voted for him a lot to help him because that how I think he could get it. I've come full circle I know he might be a AT but I'm not giving up hope lol if sakurai is picking region demanded picks Ashleys is Japan I don't know where krool would go I think that's a universal pick and Isaac European territories I hope I don't sound uneducated or a wild guesser

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Every month without a reveal is one fewer possible newcomer, and our chances get fewer and fewer. With no new info since E3, we’ve lost two of the six months they had to reveal stuff.

I’m starting to feel like they have nothing else to show.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Do you guys feel like Isaac was voted for enough which place voted more for him what do you guys think

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
They didn't reveal the full roster. Come on now, that's a completely ridiculous thought. Also one month, no one in their right mind considered that June would have a reveal aside from the E3 ones. Also no matter how many they reveal before the game there will be secret characters and at least one won't be an echo. Honestly, the worst case scenario is Sakurai thinks that E3 was enough and lets every other newcomer be secret newcomers that we don't know about until release, making for a very long 5 months ahead. Thankfully, that's not very realistic (or at least I hope to god it's not).

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Do you guys feel like Isaac was voted for enough which place voted more for him what do you guys think
I believe that Isaac was noticed enough to have his Assist Trophy removed from Smash 4. Honestly, I believe all characters in my signature will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I believe that Isaac was noticed enough to have his Assist Trophy removed from Smash 4. Honestly, I believe all characters in my signature will be playable in Smash Bros Ultimate.
That's rather hopeful enough to keep the fire going haha

StormC

Smash Hero
They didn't reveal the full roster. Come on now, that's a completely ridiculous thought. Also one month, no one in their right mind considered that June would have a reveal aside from the E3 ones. Also no matter how many they reveal before the game there will be secret characters and at least one won't be an echo. Honestly, the worst case scenario is Sakurai thinks that E3 was enough and lets every other newcomer be secret newcomers that we don't know about until release, making for a very long 5 months ahead. Thankfully, that's not very realistic (or at least I hope to god it's not).
I actually don't think we will have secret characters. Helps prevent leaks and it's sorta redundant with the new unlocking system.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Well I mean the new unlocking system doesn't make it redundant and there's no way Sakurai will reveal every character before release.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well I mean the new unlocking system doesn't make it redundant and there's no way Sakurai will reveal every character before release.
The point of a secret character is you have to unlock them, otherwise they aren't secret. But when 80% of the roster is unlockable, then that frees up Sakurai to reveal whichever characters he wants at his ease. Considering how much he's expressed a desire to keep leaks from getting out - and the marketing potential of having every fighter known - I can see us knowing the whole roster from Nintendo's mouth in November.

There's "no way" Sakurai ends up doing a lot of things he does.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm not about to fall down the rabbit hole that is hoping for playable dlc of a character that's already an assist trophy.

My ability to have hope only goes so far...
I don't blame you especially since there is another more likely target for AT promotion it's just it can happen. A lot of people seem to think AT promotion through DLC is impossible for no reason and that was the real point of my post.

The point of a secret character is you have to unlock them, otherwise they aren't secret. But when 80% of the roster is unlockable, then that frees up Sakurai to reveal whichever characters he wants at his ease. Considering how much he's expressed a desire to keep leaks from getting out - and the marketing potential of having every fighter known - I can see us knowing the whole roster from Nintendo's mouth in November.

There's "no way" Sakurai ends up doing a lot of things he does.
I mean if the 3DS had Lucina as an unlockable even with her being attached to Robin's trailer and the Wii U having unlockables at all even after we knew all the characters from the 3DS and they still had characters we didn't know could be unlocked I'm sure Ultimate will have characters we don't know about even though we know 90% of the cast needs to be unlocked. Even then secret characters still had trailers so promotion means jack in this case. There is 0 chance we will know the full roster beforehand outside of leaks.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
How about a song list for a Golden Sun stage?
Neat.
  • Battle Scene / Final Boss (already in)(remix)
  • Weyard (Dark Dawn) (already in)
  • Isaac Battle Theme/Matthew Battle Theme (medley)
  • Sea of Karagol/Vale (remix)
  • The Elemental Stars
  • Versus Saturos
  • Venus Lighthouse (remix)
  • Jenna’s Theme (remix)
  • Walking with Determination
  • Boss Battle Medley

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Alright, excluding the themes already in:

Isaac Battle Theme (Remix)
The Elemental Stars (One of my favourite tracks)
Versus Saturos/Dullhuhan Dark Dawn
Sea of Karagol
Venus Lighthouse (Remix)
Battle (Ship) (Remix)
Colosso (Remix)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I actually don't think we will have secret characters. Helps prevent leaks and it's sorta redundant with the new unlocking system.
Personally I feel like the new unlocking system makes it more likely not less.

If we were to assume that newer characters get unlocked later in general then it would be a good way to hide a secret newcomer under a mountain of already known unlocks.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think the unlocking system matters for it at all.

I think the fact that we're getting a smaller amount of newcomers kills the idea of having hidden characters. They'll want to get as much publicity out of those they have as they can.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
What if they keep them a secret but they will announce that the roster will have 72 (just a guess) characters, that way they can both have secret unlockable ones as well as advertise the huge roster by saying it's number.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think the unlocking system matters for it at all.

I think the fact that we're getting a smaller amount of newcomers kills the idea of having hidden characters. They'll want to get as much publicity out of those they have as they can.
Nah dude getting a smaller pool of newcomers doesn't mean they will reveal them all before release. Unless Ridley, Daisy, and the Inklings were the only newcomers there's no way they'll show the full cast before the game is out.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I mean Sakurai loves surprising us so it isn't outside the realm of possibility especially with how much there is to unlock this time you never know who can show up, imagine just casually playing Ultimate then seeing a silhouette of your most wanted character and losing your collective ****

StormC

Smash Hero
I mean Sakurai loves surprising us so it isn't outside the realm of possibility especially with how much there is to unlock this time you never know who can show up, imagine just casually playing Ultimate then seeing a silhouette of your most wanted character and losing your collective ****
If there are secret characters, they will be leaked. Again.

:yeahboi:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
True but we know also that Nintendo may be engaging in counter-leaking i.e spreading misinformation to weed out the leakers

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I do understand the sentiment of wanting Isaac to be represented in any form, but honestly, just bringing back his assist trophy feels like a bit of a slap in the face to me. I doubt Sakurai of all people would have a hard time finding a move set for him, and his only real reason for including him as such is just saying he isn't a priority. His assist trophy in Brawl didn't seem to help Isaac for the future all that much, and I doubt an assist trophy would draw any more attention this time around either unfortunately. I just don't think people are as interested in assist trophies unless they're deconfirming a character they want.

I feel if he can't be in due to fan ballot this time around, he'd be stuck as an assist trophy forever in Smash bar a new game or another Smash game focused on introducing fan requests. Plus assist trophy has a high probability of KO'ing his chance for DLC, as Isaac stands as one of the few characters I think that could do well as DLC alongside bigger potential third party crossovers.

So, I'd just be disappointed and unhappy with that outcome.

ZelDan

Smash Master
One Golden Sun song I'd love to see added is the Karst and Agatio theme:

It's one of my favorite's alongside the Doom Dragon theme.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
True but we know also that Nintendo may be engaging in counter-leaking i.e spreading misinformation to weed out the leakers
If the person gets a hold of photo/video like the ESRB leak then it won’t matter anyway.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
One Golden Sun song I'd love to see added is the Karst and Agatio theme:

It's one of my favorite's alongside the Doom Dragon theme.
Ah! Someone else who thinks this song is great! I'd LOVE to see this one in Smash Bros too.
The other obvious ones to me being Venus Lighthouse, Elemental Star Chamber and Walking Forward with Determination.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I hate leaks and leakers.
It seems to get harder and harder with these leaks each day I sometimes feel that there's somebody on the boards that's a troll just looking at everybody's hopes just to f*** with them

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I hate that we call any 4chan text post a leak still. Leaks used to at least have a little more meaning. A doctored picture with some effort put into it, a person with some shred of credibility making the claim. They just used to have more meaning in the community altogether. There needs to be another name for what the majority of them are... Perhaps...Roster predictions with a healthy dose of arrogance? Someone else figure out a more tactful and concise name, I'm too tired to do it now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It seems to get harder and harder with these leaks each day I sometimes feel that there's somebody on the boards that's a troll just looking at everybody's hopes just to f*** with them
Well, this one isn't on this board, it's over on GameFAQs. DasVeggieburger is back, and he's saying Isabelle is getting in alongside Simon Belmont.

Personally, I'd already discounted him as a worthless fraud. But I still hate seeing leaks like this, and I know I'm going to absolutely loathe Isabelle because of it by the time the game actually releases.

D

Deleted member

I hate that we call any 4chan text post a leak still. Leaks used to at least have a little more meaning. A doctored picture with some effort put into it, a person with some shred of credibility making the claim. They just used to have more meaning in the community altogether. There needs to be another name for what the majority of them are... Perhaps...Roster predictions with a healthy dose of arrogance? Someone else figure out a more tactful and concise name, I'm too tired to do it now.
How about "rumors"?

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
As much as we all get hungry for new information, my sentiments exactly. The final weeks before launch are going to get very nerve-wracking as any fun surprises planned could get spoiled at any moment by an ESRB person with visual evidence.

I saw the Vergeben update, too. Right now, I'm not too upset with what's rumored because we don't know if his sources are legit yet and Isabelle was already heavily speculated anyways. Simon too, I would've started suspecting he had a decent chance once Bomberman became an assist.

If he or somebody else leaks Isaac, though? Screw that. I don't know when I should distance myself from all the Smash news sources but I'm not losing the surprise factor for him like I did Shulk.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
As much as we all get hungry for new information, my sentiments exactly. The final weeks before launch are going to get very nerve-wracking as any fun surprises planned could get spoiled at any moment by an ESRB person with visual evidence.

I saw the Vergeben update, too. Right now, I'm not too upset with what's rumored because we don't know if his sources are legit yet and Isabelle was already heavily speculated anyways. Simon too, I would've started suspecting he had a decent chance once Bomberman became an assist.

If he or somebody else leaks Isaac, though? Screw that. I don't know when I should distance myself from all the Smash news sources but I'm not losing the surprise factor for him like I did Shulk.
I don't think he's had any legit sources on Smash at all. Everything he's been right about has been a fairly easy guess. Ridley was the hardest, but ResetEra mods had been pegging him two months earlier, GameXplain predicted him, among many others. I predicted him myself. As long as you stepped away from Shokio's echo chamber, he was a very obvious choice. But his source somehow knew about Snake (another obvious fan favorite), but not "everyone is here", nor did his source predict Young Link and Pichu (two characters who were the actual difficult guesses from E3).

His prediction about Castlevania being revealed first at, and then the week after E3 turned into a fizzle, and he's shut up since. But suddenly he's going to be treated like the new Gematsu, and anyone who doubts the prophet of Sakurai or supports a character that Vergleburgle's sacred word did not mention is going to be castigated and reviled, just like during the Smash 4 scene.

I already don't want Isabelle in Smash. I don't think it's in-character, I don't think it will represent Animal Crossing any better, and I do think it will mean bad things for Isaac (since she's just a recent choice with no unique moveset potential, essentially the exact opposite of Isaac, and it means bad things for the direction Sakurai is going for newcomers). Combine that with her fans suddenly becoming toxic jerks and I'm going to despise the character with a fiery passion that surpasses even my hatred for the Chorus Men.

And yes, leaks are bad. If we get an ESRB style leak for Isaac it would be terrible. I remember that leak. The animations of Bowser Jr. looked ATROCIOUS. It was so unpolished, and it really turned me off the character for a while. I'd MUCH rather my first impression of Isaac be an awesome official reveal.

Is it bad I still think that's giving too much credit to them?
Nope. Rumors are a community thing. These only have one person backing them.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Wait, Vergeben has updated his claims? I hadn't seen that. But until I see Simon whip some character in the face, I still don't believe him. I'd like to believe that part cause I love Castlevania, but when the most legitimate of the "leakers" only managed to get a small part of E3 right, I can't really put any faith in anyone.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I don't think he's had any legit sources on Smash at all. Everything he's been right about has been a fairly easy guess. Ridley was the hardest, but ResetEra mods had been pegging him two months earlier, GameXplain predicted him, among many others. I predicted him myself. As long as you stepped away from Shokio's echo chamber, he was a very obvious choice. But his source somehow knew about Snake (another obvious fan favorite), but not "everyone is here", nor did his source predict Young Link and Pichu (two characters who were the actual difficult guesses from E3).

His prediction about Castlevania being revealed first at, and then the week after E3 turned into a fizzle, and he's shut up since. But suddenly he's going to be treated like the new Gematsu, and anyone who doubts the prophet of Sakurai or supports a character that Vergleburgle's sacred word did not mention is going to be castigated and reviled, just like during the Smash 4 scene.

I already don't want Isabelle in Smash. I don't think it's in-character, I don't think it will represent Animal Crossing any better, and I do think it will mean bad things for Isaac (since she's just a recent choice with no unique moveset potential, essentially the exact opposite of Isaac, and it means bad things for the direction Sakurai is going for newcomers). Combine that with her fans suddenly becoming toxic jerks and I'm going to despise the character with a fiery passion that surpasses even my hatred for the Chorus Men.

And yes, leaks are bad. If we get an ESRB style leak for Isaac it would be terrible. I remember that leak. The animations of Bowser Jr. looked ATROCIOUS. It was so unpolished, and it really turned me off the character for a while. I'd MUCH rather my first impression of Isaac be an awesome official reveal.

Nope. Rumors are a community thing. These only have one person backing them.
See, this is why I'm neutral on Vergeben. At first glance, the characters chosen are very predictable and incomplete. That's what had me (and still has me) suspicious when I first saw it.

Though I realized the characters he did leak (Ridley, Snake, Ice Climbers) all showed up in the playable demo but none of the other characters did. If he does have any credibility, his source got it from seeing the demo and not the trailer.

That's just a possible explanation, though, as I don't know where he would've gotten the info of no Smash 4 veterans cut.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Honestly with characters we do want all we have left is Hope we just have to hope that the characters we want get in Isaac hopefully has a fair shot although if Isabelle is true then we probably know where the direction of characters is going and that fan service may be small or minimal but if my statement is false and that this is a fan service game as Isaac fans we have to be civil and have class if there are asshats in other groups we don't act like them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom