• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Nintendo could revive a retro character and add stealth to their game.

I'm not sure who lol
How cool would it be if tonight we get a golden sun music track that could confirm isaacs inclusion like we did with Simon Belmont’s music before the big reveal? Or was that just a one time thing?

Confirmation

Smash Ace
How cool would it be if tonight we get a golden sun music track that could confirm isaacs inclusion like we did with Simon Belmont’s music before the big reveal? Or was that just a one time thing?
With Nintendo interns, it's never a one time thing

Q-Long

Smash Lord
this sort of stuff has happened before

you know what was the most painful one? they accidently showed a screen shot of the polar bear from Ice Climbers last time lol and we were all like "well duh they're in"

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about what kind of sword Isaac would use in Smash and thought of two different blades: Gaia Blade (from GS) and Sol Blade (from GSLA). Both of these are long swords, which got me thinking about different sword types. I decided to compile a list of sword types used in Smash. (If someone wants to verify any of this they are more than welcome and I will edit this post accordingly.)
Short sword users: :ultyounglink:
Broad sword users: :ultmarth:, :ultlucina:, :ultchrom:, :ultroy:, :ultcloud:
Long sword users: :ultlink:, :ulttoonlink:
Branched sword users: :ultmetaknight:
Two-handed (Claymore? Great Sword?) sword users: :ultike:
Energy Sword users: :ultshulk:
Unique Sword users: :ultpit:, :ultdarkpit:
Unknown/various Sword users: :ultrobin, :ultcorrin:, :ultmiifighters:
Only two long sword users, both of whom use the same sword (the Master Sword). Isaac is looking even more unique to me now.
Ragnell is a Zweihander, a German 2 hand sword; the Pits use bows (they have edges but that's their official name) and Yato could be classified as branched although it has a chainsaw motion.
Tracks on YouTube use numbers instead of names now, so it would be even harder to leak.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ragnell is a Zweihander, a German 2 hand sword; the Pits use bows (they have edges but that's their official name) and Yato could be classified as branched although it has a chainsaw motion.

Tracks on YouTube use numbers instead of names now, so it would be even harder to leak.
Actually, I think they always used numbers before. That's how the leak happened to begin with. All music was uploaded and numbered. Someone edited a track on Youtube to fill in the correct name and description, but they accidentally clicked on the wrong one and didn't realize it until it was too late.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

I'm not sure who lol
Maybe Takamaru? A samurai themed stealth game would be pretty rad.

I really like the idea of Nintendo taking on the stealth genre. Especially after how much they nailed their first online shooter.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Buy metal gear from Konami, then buy the original creator's new studio
Lord knows Konami doesn't want anything to do with Konami's intellectual properties. They'd probably trade the Metal Gear franchise for a Black Luster Soldier and a pachinko machine.

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
8 minutes bois.... something can be announced on twitter and lose our minds or it could be nothing and lose them even more.

EDIT: they announced the direct at this exact hour (16:00 in spain) the last 2 times, sorry if I confused someone.

Last edited:

Kalaam

Smash Ace

Ragnel isn't a zweihander, it's a rather big Longsword, maybe a small Greatsword but clearly not a Zweihander. If it was one it would taller than Ike, and the handle would be as long as his arm.
It's true though that Isaac always seems to wield his weapon with two hands, which is rather cool imo. Though he probably would be faster at swinging it than Ike.

Edit: 8 minutes before what? Where ?

Last edited:

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Ragnel isn't a zweihander, it's a rather big Longsword, maybe a small Greatsword but clearly not a Zweihander. If it was one it would taller than Ike, and the handle would be as long as his arm.
It's true though that Isaac always seems to wield his weapon with two hands, which is rather cool imo. Though he probably would be faster at swinging it than Ike.

Edit: 8 minutes before what? Where ?
Sorry I edited it to clarify it. At this hour they announced the last 2 directs.

EDIT: and boom, it's nothing :I

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry I edited it to clarify it. At this hour they announced the last 2 directs.

EDIT: and boom, it's nothing :I
Nintendo's announcement today was the release date of Fitness Boxing on Nintendo Switch, coming in January.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...tendo-News-Cardio-Workout-Home-Fitness-Boxing

They tend to only have one announcement/tweet every morning (the tweet isn't necessarily an announcement of anything, it could just be something random). And the time of the reveal isn't always consistent, either.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's announcement today was the release date of Fitness Boxing on Nintendo Switch, coming in January.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...tendo-News-Cardio-Workout-Home-Fitness-Boxing

They tend to only have one announcement/tweet every morning (the tweet isn't necessarily an announcement of anything, it could just be something random). And the time of the reveal isn't always consistent, either.
So unless they announce and show it tomorrow, all 10/10 leaks are fake

Holdenon

Smash Cadet
This information drought is driving me nuts, but if my hope slips I look back at the Rathalos tweet

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Has there ever been a Direct on a Thursday (Friday in Japan)? If so, it's possible that we'll be getting something on the 11th. Just my guess.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
"Great track record."

Not while The Temple of the Ocean King exists.

Also, Mark of the Ninja is, in my opinion, the best stealth game ever made.
You know, I’m one of the few people who loved Phantom Hourglass, especially the Temple of the Ocean King. Heh.

I'm not sure who lol
Drill Dozer? It is a game about stealing, though drills are certainly not the stealthiest of instruments. Maybe a reboot of Gumshoe could be stealthy, kind of like the new Judge Eyes.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
You know, I’m one of the few people who loved Phantom Hourglass, especially the Temple of the Ocean King. Heh.

Drill Dozer? It is a game about stealing, though drills are certainly not the stealthiest of instruments. Maybe a reboot of Gumshoe could be stealthy, kind of like the new Judge Eyes.
Haha I really wish Drill Dozer would get a sequel or reboot. Its clearly inspired a lot of indie games

And Gumshoe would be cool, but the world itself is a bit crazy lol

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Takamaru would be best suited for Ninja Gaiden esque type game where intense combo action takes place.

Now Gumshoe? He would be perfect for a Stealth Based game. Make it more akin to Metal Gear Solid with the sneaking mechanic and combat takedowns. Since Gumshoe is a retired/ex FBI agent then maybe he is not legally allowed to carry a gun and must take down his enemies using espionage and stealth.
Edit: In this proposed Reboot, Gumshoe would be an anti-hero vigilante that has both eyes of the law and criminals keeping close tabs on him.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Takamaru would be best suited for Ninja Gaiden esque type game where intense combo action takes place.

Now Gumshoe? He would be perfect for a Stealth Based game. Make it more akin to Metal Gear Solid with the sneaking mechanic and combat takedowns. Since Gumshoe is a retired/ex FBI agent then maybe he is not legally allowed to carry a gun and must take down his enemies using espionage and stealth.
Edit: In this proposed Reboot, Gumshoe would be an anti-hero vigilante that has both eyes of the law and criminals keeping close tabs on him.
Gumshoe is pretty perfect for stealth in terms of design. But the original game has him collecting balloons and fighting giant monsters, also his design is based off of nintendos president at the time

It just seems a bit too silly for stealth lol

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Looks like its keeping with the health theme

You know what else would be healthy for us?a new golden sun. Isaac confirmed!
Getting a good dose of vitamin D and a great tan from that marvelous Golden Sun.

I think a market that is in need of a new game is a new game in the stealth genre. With Konami being, well Konami:rolleyes:, there is little chance of a big new Metal Gear game and Ubisoft does not seem to be working on a new Splinter Cell (as far as I am aware). It just seems like there is an opening for that kind of game. It would be interesting to see Nintendo try to put their spin on a stealth game.
What about optional stealth games like Assassins Creed? They are still popping those out every 2-3 years.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Gumshoe is pretty perfect for stealth in terms of design. But the original game has him collecting balloons and fighting giant monsters, also his design is based off of nintendos president at the time

It just seems a bit too silly for stealth lol
It depends if Nintendo wants to make Gumshoe more gritty or cartoony with a dash of realism when they decide to reboot the franchise. Silliness is true, but it could follow the same nature of Wario Master of Disguise in terms of tone.

Shin F.

Smash Master
A Hat in Time is probably the most recent game I've played with a stealth segment. They really made it nerve-wracking, too. Swore I was about to have a heart attack when that thing spotted me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Can we get that game made ASAP? Sounds like everything I want.

What about optional stealth games like Assassins Creed? They are still popping those out every 2-3 years.
Since AC went the RPG-esque route in Origins stealth is less viable than ever.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has there ever been a Direct on a Thursday (Friday in Japan)? If so, it's possible that we'll be getting something on the 11th. Just my guess.
Where have you been? Directs are most often on Thursday. The speculated timeline lined up better with Wednesday, though, and the last Smash Direct was also on Wednesday.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
That's called Tenchu lol.
Fair point. But there are countless ways to have it stand out though. Plus, Tenchu has been inactive for 9 years. Much longer than MGS, which we were all just proclaiming as dead (for additional reasons of course, but I digress). There’s still an interesting market there that has barely been touched.

Last edited:

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Oh I haven't played one since Brotherhood so I am out of the loop on the last few.
Highly recommend origins. The best AC Game since 2 imo. But yeah it's fun to use stealth, especially with the new form of eagle vision, but you could also just slay your way through most fortresses if you wanted to, which can be both a good and a bad thing.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
This information drought is driving me nuts, but if my hope slips I look back at the Rathalos tweet
If you think a month of drought is bad, you weren't around for the year long silence between Brawl's announcement and the next character reveals. Though, admittedly, the wait does feel harder the closer to release.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
If you think a month of drought is bad, you weren't around for the year long silence between Brawl's announcement and the next character reveals. Though, admittedly, the wait does feel harder the closer to release.
Plus Brawl had a Dojo telling us things that we hadn't already heard in a colossal info-dump.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Where have you been? Directs are most often on Thursday. The speculated timeline lined up better with Wednesday, though, and the last Smash Direct was also on Wednesday.
I tend to forget certain details like the dates. My bad. And life hasn't been the best either. Here though, it's the most fun I've ever had discussing games and especially Golden Sun and Isaac for Smash with you all.

Top Bottom