• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Any major events and/or noteworthy happenings that would merit some sort of reveal in the coming days that anybody knows of?

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems that many of us here have been having dreams about Isaac's reveal lately myself included so.... :^)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Well it seems that many of us here have been having dreams about Isaac's reveal lately myself included so.... :^)
this reminds me, the day after k rool and the others were revealed (i was camping at the time) i had a dream where i was at a video game convention similar to E3, and then Sakurai came on to the main stage and told us to look to the left. everyone in the building did, and this big door opened with a gleaming light and a sillouette, out came Master Chief (with the halo theme playing btw)! We all screamed in excitement, but then out of nowhere more characters from different video games started appearing too, pretty much every single video game character ever made were coming into smash, and then it got more crazy, soon random animals and celebrities and memes were getting announced and Sakurai said "that's right, we're including every single thing you could imagine into smash bros, upon popular demand"

tbh though, i got more smash bros dreams back in the smash 4 speculation days LOL

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
this reminds me, the day after k rool and the others were revealed (i was camping at the time) i had a dream where i was at a video game convention similar to E3, and then Sakurai came on to the main stage and told us to look to the left. everyone in the building did, and this big door opened with a gleaming light and a sillouette, out came Master Chief (with the halo theme playing btw)! We all screamed in excitement, but then out of nowhere more characters from different video games started appearing too, pretty much every single video game character ever made were coming into smash, and then it got more crazy, soon random animals and celebrities and memes were getting announced and Sakurai said "that's right, we're including every single thing you could imagine into smash bros, upon popular demand"

tbh though, i got more smash bros dreams back in the smash 4 speculation days LOL
That CSS would have microscopic squares for each character.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Any major events and/or noteworthy happenings that would merit some sort of reveal in the coming days that anybody knows of?
Not in the coming days at least, some of the other big events like Game Tyrant Expo won't happen till November.

Edit: Though I wonder if an announcement at a competitive event like that will be a thing again. Evo is a pretty big event overall, could be the exception.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
That CSS would have microscopic squares for each character.
the weirdest part about that dream was the fact that the most hyped character was a random monkey (which was in fact a common theme since i was having a lot of monkey dreams during august for some reason)

"YO DUDE IT'S THE MONKEY!!!!!"

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
the weirdest part about that dream was the fact that the most hyped character was a random monkey (which was in fact a common theme since i was having a lot of monkey dreams during august for some reason)

"YO DUDE IT'S THE MONKEY!!!!!"
TBH, that was probably me who said that.

Though I'm surprised that the hype wasn't there for 50 Cent.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
2-3 days.
1-2 business days. Having more than 2 days in advance of a Direct announcement is extremely rare. More often than not Nintendo reveals it only a day in advance.

The Robin/Lucina reveal was over the weekend but that was still only one business day. They announced it on Friday with the reveal being on Monday.

As for everyone saying about Directs and the like, I'm in agreement that we won't see a Direct except in one possibility, and that's a Smash Bros. Mini Direct. In this case I can see a Direct talk about a tad bit more than a single fighter, but still leaving room for a full Direct next month.

Last edited:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Ugh. I saw that awful leak that claimed isaac was an AT again and it made me sick to read. I would not wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy! Lol

Q-Long

Smash Lord
1-2 business days. Having more than 2 days in advance of a Direct announcement is extremely rare. More often than not Nintendo reveals it only a day in advance.

The Robin/Lucina reveal was over the weekend but that was still only one business day. They announced it on Friday with the reveal being on Monday.

As for everyone saying about Directs and the like, I'm in agreement that we won't see a Direct except in one possibility, and that's a Smash Bros. Mini Direct. In this case I can see a Direct talk about a tad bit more than a single fighter, but still leaving room for a full Direct next month.
man, that was painful, i was at school orientation

... fug i'm old ;-;

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Yeah probably. There are more instances where a character is revealed without any connection between the reveal date and a game's release date.
It's just superficial evidence.
Ugh. I saw that awful leak that claimed isaac was an AT again and it made me sick to read. I would not wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy! Lol
Good thing it's fake.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about what kind of sword Isaac would use in Smash and thought of two different blades: Gaia Blade (from GS) and Sol Blade (from GSLA). Both of these are long swords, which got me thinking about different sword types. I decided to compile a list of sword types used in Smash. (If someone wants to verify/correct any of this they are more than welcome and I will edit this post accordingly.)
Short sword users: :ultyounglink:
Broad sword users: :ultmarth:, :ultlucina:, :ultchrom:, :ultroy:, :ultcloud:
Long sword users: :ultlink:, :ulttoonlink:
Branched sword users: :ultmetaknight:, :ultcorrin:
Two-handed (claymore? Great Sword?) sword users: :ultike:
Energy Sword users: :ultshulk:
Sword/Bow users: :ultpit:, :ultdarkpit:
Unknown/various Sword users: :ultrobin, :ultmiifighters:
Only two long sword users, both of whom use the same sword (the Master Sword). Isaac is looking even more unique to me now.
Edited: thank you MeatOfJustice MeatOfJustice

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Obviously the dream is getting Isaac as playable but you'd think after a game where he was literally nothing there'd be at least a little bit more tolerance towards the (entirely real) possibility he ends up an AT again. It'd certainly be better than last time.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I was thinking about what kind of sword Isaac would use in Smash and thought of two different blades: Gaia Blade (from GS) and Sol Blade (from GSLA). Both of these are long swords, which got me thinking about different sword types. I decided to compile a list of sword types used in Smash. (If someone wants to verify any of this they are more than welcome and I will edit this post accordingly.)
Short sword users: :ultyounglink:
Broad sword users: :ultmarth:, :ultlucina:, :ultchrom:, :ultroy:, :ultcloud:
Long sword users: :ultlink:, :ulttoonlink:
Branched sword users: :ultmetaknight:
Two-handed (Claymore? Great Sword?) sword users: :ultike:
Energy Sword users: :ultshulk:
Unique Sword users: :ultpit:, :ultdarkpit:
Unknown/various Sword users: :ultrobin, :ultcorrin:, :ultmiifighters:
Only two long sword users, both of whom use the same sword (the Master Sword). Isaac is looking even more unique to me now.
Mentioned this before, but I’ll bring t up again.

Personally I would rather see Isaac use a simple long sword. As seen in his normal artwork.

Why?

1. It would emphasize the fact that he’s an adept first and foremost. And swordfighter second. He doesn’t need a super weapon. He’s not like the other swordfighters.

2. Gaia Blade and Sol Blade are optional super weapons. You can completely ignore them and they have absolutely no tie in with the in game lore/story unlike the Buster Blade, Master Sword, Monado, Falchion, Yato and Ragnell.

Plus the swords the other fighters use are as much a part of their identity as any other part of them. Gaia Blade and Sol Blade do not accomplish this, again, because they are optional super weapons that you get near the end of the game. They’re just there to make ****ing **** up that much easier.

That’s just my viewpoint, however.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

Personally I would rather see Isaac use a simple long sword. As seen in his normal artwork.

Why?

1. It would emphasize the fact that he’s an adept first and foremost. And swordfighter second. He doesn’t need a super weapon. He’s not like the other swordfighters.

2. Gaia Blade and Sol Blade are optional super weapons. You can completely ignore them and they have absolutely no tie in with the in game lore/story unlike the Buster Blade, Master Sword, Monado, Falchion, Yato and Ragnell.

Plus the swords the other fighters use are as much a part of their identity as any other part of them. Gaia Blade and Sol Blade do not accomplish this, again, because they are optional super weapons that you get near the end of the game. They’re just there to make ****ing **** up that much easier.

Well they may be optional but they are still iconic to the series and meant for the characters, in DD they even drop the pretense that the sol blade is a random weapon and make it mandatory. Plus in my opinion I want Isaac to be as Golden Sun as possible and him carrying the sol blade is a part of that and it's better then trying to convince people who are biased in the first place that Isaac is more then just a sword because he's not there to appease them he's there because we love Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman

Why?

Even so he can use a long sword and also focus on psyenergy. Take Toon Link for example he uses a legendary long sword but, still has a move set heavily based on other equipment: bombs, boomerang, hookshot, Bow, (he even has a shield that can block projectiles). They gave him his weapon of choice but, also highlight other abilities. Of course, how much he uses his sword is ultimately not up to us. Thank you for your thoughts. Whatever the development team does with his move set, I am sure the majority of us will be happy in the end.

Last edited:

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Morale up moment of the day, good video from RED, why Bayo did not win the ballot.

https://youtu.be/zQeut4hqvio

Popular character from the ballot are playable/boss/AT.

I wonder were is Isaac... since we all know he was probably in the top 5.
Music update in 24h, good felling about which composer won't be there.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Its kind of weird that they posted a memory for :ultfox: but, not for anyone else.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I haven't dreamed of Isaac in smash. Because my hopes are not mere dreams. I know in my heart, that they are reality.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I hope we get some news tomorrow for a smash direct or just something new be it a character reveal one shot trailer. Whatever happens, I’ll keep on pushing for Isaac to make it in until the end. I also am supporting the Shantae thread and I hope to god Geno is in the cards as well. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Obviously the dream is getting Isaac as playable but you'd think after a game where he was literally nothing there'd be at least a little bit more tolerance towards the (entirely real) possibility he ends up an AT again. It'd certainly be better than last time.
I think of it this way. Imagine a peasant is banished from the kingdom. After long battles and overcoming the trials before him, he finally is able to prove himself worthy and is allowed back into the kingdom...as a peasant.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think of it this way. Imagine a peasant is banished from the kingdom. After long battles and overcoming the trials before him, he finally is able to prove himself worthy and is allowed back into the kingdom...as a peasant.
Interesting analogy, but it kind of begs how devoted one is to the character if after years of exile, them returning to the kingdom under their previous standing was met by antipathy. Being at AT is not some worthless title, it's not nobility but it'd be closer to aristocracy than peasantry with the trophies and stickers.

Here's a different analogy. If you worked hard and provided for your child, and opened to them opportunities to excel, but they failed to realize their potential, living a modest, perhaps slightly disappointing life - whether it was their fault or not - would you disown them? Would you rather see them make ends meet and nothing more or cut them out of your life because they achieved less than what you wanted out of them?

D

Deleted member

Interesting analogy, but it kind of begs how devoted one is to the character if after years of exile, them returning to the kingdom under their previous standing was met by antipathy. Being at AT is not some worthless title, it's not nobility but it'd be closer to aristocracy than peasantry with the trophies and stickers.

Here's a different analogy. If you worked hard and provided for your child, and opened to them opportunities to excel, but they failed to realize their potential, living a modest, perhaps slightly disappointing life - whether it was their fault or not - would you disown them? Would you rather see them make ends meet and nothing more or cut them out of your life because they achieved less than what you wanted out of them?
Naturally, I'd be disappointed, but on the other hand, if they aren't thieving crackheads who fenced VCRs to feed their habits (MST3K reference, yo), then you at least feel comfortable knowing that they got a roof over their heads and some stability.

Look... I just want Isaac back. Period. The fact some demoted ATs got trophies in the last installment but Isaac disappeared altogether was a slap in the face. If he's revealed as an Assist Trophy, there would be disappointment, but eventually, you'd get over with. Besides, we might get multiple trophies this time.

But, at this point of the franchise's existence, you feel like the potential is still there. The unfortunate reality of supporting a character like Isaac is they delay the inevitable until the very end, when you just want it over with so you can either move on or prepare for December. This unknown feeling affects you psychologically and makes you assume extremes as opposed to all potential options.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Naturally, I'd be disappointed, but on the other hand, if they aren't thieving crackheads who fenced VCRs to feed their habits (MST3K reference, yo), then you at least feel comfortable knowing that they got a roof over their heads and some stability.

Look... I just want Isaac back. Period. The fact some demoted ATs got trophies in the last installment but Isaac disappeared altogether was a slap in the face. If he's revealed as an Assist Trophy, there would be disappointment, but eventually, you'd get over with. Besides, we might get multiple trophies this time.

But, at this point of the franchise's existence, you feel like the potential is still there. The unfortunate reality of supporting a character like Isaac is they delay the inevitable until the very end, when you just want it over with so you can either move on or prepare for December. This unknown feeling affects you psychologically and makes you assume extremes as opposed to all potential options.
I seriously have to wonder if the AT was cut because they planned on adding not Isaac, but Mathew. And Adult Isaac would have been an Assist. As major Dark Dawn representation. (project plan in 2012, would have meant that it was very recent) Said plan for DD representation would have fallen apart very early on, and they didn't even consider re-adding the Isaac AT due to time constraints. Wishful thinking, but I find it hard to believe we'd truly have gotten nothing unless something didn't fall through on the development side, and i'm willing to bet it did.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I seriously have to wonder if the AT was cut because they planned on adding not Isaac, but Mathew. And Adult Isaac would have been an Assist. As major Dark Dawn representation. (project plan in 2012, would have meant that it was very recent) Said plan for DD representation would have fallen apart very early on, and they didn't even consider re-adding the Isaac AT due to time constraints. Wishful thinking, but I find it hard to believe we'd truly have gotten nothing unless something didn't fall through on the development side, and i'm willing to bet it did.
well we got an extra music track.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The only two franchises I want/hope get revived right now is:

1. Golden Sun by Camelot and the best RPG team Nintendo has to make the game this generation's King of Traditional RPGs.
  2. Eternal Darkness made by Retro Studios, fine tuned and well polished to become Nintendo's hit new Horror game.
Having a character from both series in Ultimate would be icing on the cake.

Edit: The Traditional RPG and Horror genre markets are starved for new games that are gems. Nintendo must not let this opportunity to pass up. It is prime for these two Franchises to join Nintendo's other Titans.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace

1. Golden Sun by Camelot and the best RPG team Nintendo has to make the game this generation's King of Traditional RPGs.
  2. Eternal Darkness made by Retro Studios, fine tuned and well polished to become Nintendo's hit new Horror game.

Edit: The Traditional RPG and Horror genre markets are starved for new games that are gems. Nintendo must not let this opportunity to pass up. It is prime for these two Franchises to join Nintendo's other Titans.
think they're afraid they won't sell.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

This isn't really happening!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
think they're afraid they won't sell.
I understand their concerns, but they still allowed Xenoblade Chronicles to brought over to the West and look how that turned out. Monolith Soft is now Nintendo's Open World and JRPG team machine.

Nintendo is extremely slow when it comes to making decisions, but the current market could not be better for these two franchises.

Confirmation

Smash Ace

I don't feel an AT is a negative thing per se, but after Smash 4 where Isaac got turned from AT to nothing, going back to AT just seems... anticlimactic? While I'd be happy he exists again, it begs the question of the entire point of his removal in the first place; unlike Gray Fox, it wasn't due to licensing or anything, it was just a decision to not have him and then suddenly bring him back later.

Like...how should we feel if that happens? "This Smash Bros is all about fan favorites. You guys like Isaac, right? He did pretty well on that ballot. Well I've got some good news: his assist trophy is back!"

Top Bottom