• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
Last time I checked, I don't think a majority of the Castlevania fans cared for the 3D games.
Wasted Potential. A 3D Castlevania could have easily become something akin to DS1, but with Power up based progression rather than the whole Key and Lift System we had in the DS 1 and 3.

Or at least something with a DMC like Combat but with actual the Metroidvania formula

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Guys clearly the N64 Castlevania were best. Just look at that camera work. Look at those motorcycle riding skeletons. Look at that platforming.

So beautiful.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Guys clearly the N64 Castlevania were best. Just look at that camera work. Look at those motorcycle riding skeletons. Look at that platforming.

So beautiful.
Funny you mention, I actually still have that game right now on my N64.
It's amazing! /s

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wasted Potential. A 3D Castlevania could have easily become something akin to DS1, but with Power up based progression rather than the whole Key and Lift System we had in the DS 1 and 3.

Or at least something with a DMC like Combat but with actual the Metroidvania formula
I think the issue is that the teams who made the 3D Castlevania games never really found a way to make sacrifices, but also add mechanics that benefited the added Z axis.

Shigeru Miyamoto (as much as I don't like the man), was very set on creating a new set of rules and mechanics to better match with the limitations, and improve how movement works throughout with Mario 64. Castlevania needed a man who could properly transition Castlevania from 2D to 3D, and create a good 3D metroidvania, but they clearly didn't. (Though Metroid Prime would succeed in doing so.)
They might not have but there is still a great chance that they had a PS2 in the first place if they didn't enjoy the games sooooo......
Yeah. But I wouldn't agree that the PS2 was the main platform for Castlevania. Since it clearly wasn't permanent after 6th gen.
RIP

Oh well.
Yeah.

So beautiful.
DA BEST CASTLEVANIAS GAEM EVAR.

Last edited:

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I actually do hope Isaac's in game model does have different shades of blue for his pants and shirt like the one in that art model. That's the only thing I find jarring about Isaac's look that it's all one shade of blue, I rather his pants to be the darker/Jean looking color that he has as an adult or like Matthew's. Of course Sakurai had the assist use the same shade so I won't hold my breath I suppose lol.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Can we speed up time already? I'm confident that tomorrow they'll announce a direct for Wednesday, where they'll talk about Smash and stuff. I JUST WANT TO SEE ISAAC IN GLORIOUS HD ALREADY.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Strange, that art model tends to pop up a lot for me in Isaac's Google search images, since he has so few fan art drawings of him in general. Though if I was around the moment that screenshot was posted, probs would have had a hurr durr moment regardless lol.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Can we speed up time already? I'm confident that tomorrow they'll announce a direct for Wednesday, where they'll talk about Smash and stuff. I JUST WANT TO SEE ISAAC IN GLORIOUS HD ALREADY.
Why are you confident it will be a direct?

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
To anyone confident that there will be a smash direct soon, let me remind you that Sakurai said they would be slowing down reveals just two weeks ago! Sure we may see a stand alone reveal sometime this month, but a direct this week?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Probably the new videos on the Smash playlist and the disappearance of the NEW header from the Smash Website. There's precedent for believing these events precede a Direct or other source of information.
Well I know about the signs that an announcement is incoming I meant specifically why this person believes it will be a direct. It likely won't be a general direct since they already told us there early 2019 plans in the last one and if it's a Smash direct then there is likely no news in November at all. If anything I think it would be a stand-alone reveal.

To anyone confident that there will be a smash direct soon, let me remind you that Sakurai said they would be slowing down reveals just two weeks ago! Sure we may see a stand alone reveal sometime this month, but a direct this week?
Well that doesn't really correlate as even if we don't get a direct we still get a reveal. Besides his article was in relation to E3 and the Smash direct where his point was expect single trailers from now on and not blows out like having 5 new characters at once.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Anyone else really feeling like Isaac is coming this month? I don't know why, just a feeling?
Dark Dawn release date anniversary is October 28th.. And yes I have a feeling we will finally get Isaac this time.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
anyone else get revealed on their anniversaries? and for which region?
I do know that :ultdarksamus: (who was revealed in the august smash direct) was the primary antagonist in Metroid Prime 3 which released August 27, 2007.
Edit: oh also :4littlemac: was revealed in February and the Punch Out!! arcade was released (in America) February 1984.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I do know that :ultdarksamus: (who was revealed in the august smash direct) was the primary antagonist in Metroid Prime 3 which released August 27, 2007.
Hm. F-Zero X was released in NA on October 26th. And F-Zero GX was released on October 29th in PAL regions.

But I think we might be looking into this too much.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Hm. F-Zero X was released in NA on October 26th. And F-Zero GX was released on October 29th in PAL regions.

But I think we might be looking into this too much.
Yeah probably. There are more instances where a character is revealed without any connection between the reveal date and a game's release date.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
Little Mac was revealed in February and one of the punch out games was released in that month too, at least for the NA release. Between all the different dates for each region across all the GS games, we pretty much have August to December covered so essentially they could go 'anniversary' on us any time lol.

D

Deleted member

Isaac is blonde or has golden hair right? Why do some of these Show him with brunette hair? I mean I'm probably missing something but is it a reference to something?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Hopefully.. Nintendo announces stuff during RAW so maybe even tonight we could hear something?

Isaac is blonde or has golden hair right? Why do some of these Show him with brunette hair? I mean I'm probably missing something but is it a reference to something?
Blonde, I would like to see his hair color and eye color change with his alts

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Because, during this speculation cycle, they have yet to announce Smash info during non-direct events. That's what makes me think of a direct, because it would be the most logical place to drop a new trailer.
Oh well, that's not a super great reason seeing as just because it hasn't yet doesn't mean it won't and the last game shows that they aren't aversed to just dropping characters on their own.

D

Deleted member

Okay thanks makes sense he looks great ether way but was just wondering. I'm sure were getting something. If it's not this week soon no doubt.

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
I always hear online and from other FGC communities how "toxic" the Smash fanbase is, but I've been in it for over ten years and have never had a seriously bad experience. I think it's just the nature of social media turning people into unfeeling, nihilistic agents of chaos than smash bros itself. In person, every smash fan I've met has been perfectly friendly. Yeah some are cringe but it's a niche gaming fandom what were you expecting?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Just to confirm, how far in advance are Nintendo Directs usually announced? I'm having difficulty finding dates for the announcements, but my recollection is they're usually only a day or two in advance, which would make the three days in advance at EVO for the Smash Direct an exception to the rule.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Just to confirm, how far in advance are Nintendo Directs usually announced? I'm having difficulty finding dates for the announcements, but my recollection is they're usually only a day or two in advance, which would make the three days in advance at EVO for the Smash Direct an exception to the rule.
2-3 days.

D

Deleted member

It can be toxic at times, I guess it's mostly due to the love of Melee, and not thinking any of the other games are good. Look I've been a fan of the series for a while it's one of my trinity of game series, along with Super Mario and Pokemon my favourite game series. While I do acknowledge the fanbase can be a bit rowdy at times. I think it's great community at times, and I'm happy to be a part of it everyone on here had been nothing but kind and respectful to me and I'm happy to have interacted with fans of the series.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, but I'm just one person I respect everyone's thoughts and am happy to be in this fanbase.

People may continue to think it's toxic but if they do just ignore it, again respect their options, but if your a fan, continue being a fan and don't let others option get you down, it's a great commmunity and will continue to be.

And Melee and all the games are great.

Top Bottom