• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I want someone from Generation 5, but sadly it's the generation with the least popular Pokémon, even when it added the most.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
If they ever do an one with online multiplayer I would get it and play with you. I dunno how well the Nintendo online would handle 20+ online racers though. Maybe now that it is paid for it might be decent enough to use.
You're putting faith that Nintendo has improved their online infrastructure.

Problem is, it's the same as before. Nothing has changed, except they just charge for it.

Disgraceful.

Also, on the topic of Pokémon.

Staraptor or Braverary for Smash! Lol.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'd totally get on that Staraptor train!

I kinda just want Smash to include a random, cool Pokemon for once. Someone who doesn't have any ingame or anime importance, but just looks fun to use. It'd be a great way of representing that any Pokemon can technically be used in a gameplay session (except Ditto and Unown... I guess). Something like Minccino from Gen V, Espurr from Gen VI, or Gallade from Gen IV.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only PT mon I like playing as is Squirtle. Piplup and Oshawott are more popular than it in Japan. Make Fighter 33e happen without 34e and 35e.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
The only PT mon I like playing as is Squirtle. Piplup and Oshawott are more popular than it in Japan. Make Fighter 33e happen without 34e and 35e.
Your choice of mains tells a different story. Squirtle and Mewtwo are the only two Pokemon I have enjoyed playing as. Personally, my favorite Pokemon and one I would love to see playable is Blaziken (I know that is impossible for this game as he appears on the Kalos League stage).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Your choice of mains tells a different story. Squirtle and Mewtwo are the only two I have enjoyed playing as. Personally, my favorite Pokemon and one I would love to see playable is Blaziken (I know that is impossible for this game as he appears on the Kalos League stage).
Alfonzo is in charge of standing among the fire types! But how does my choice of mains tell a different story when I said PT mon, as in Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon?

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Alfonzo is in charge of standing among the fire types! But how does my choice of mains tell a different story when I said PT mon, as in Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon?
Ah, my bad did not realize you were referring specifically to :ultpokemontrainer:.

Silo777

Smash Journeyman
He’s coming as fast as he can guys, we just need to listen to 50 cent and keep patiently waiting.

9EB53890-7019-4D5A-8261-01568D948630.jpeg

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Call me lame, by I would like to have Gardevoir in Smash honestly. I've never played a Pokemon game prior to X & Y save for the Stadium games on N64, but those don't really count. I've been more a Digimon fan and the whole 2D battles Pokemon had just never grabbed me. But when I learn that 3D battles and Mega Evolution will be a thing, it really caught my interest. When I found out you could get X&Y for free via Club Nintendo, I took advantage of it and got X. I had a blast! And my favorite (and leader) of the group was Gardevoir. She, along with Lucario, Chestnaught, Charizard, Pikachu, and TM Blue Monkey (who I would replace for Mewtwo, my first and #1 favorite Pokemon), took me to the championships! Never forget my dream team!

So yeah, that's my "abridged" story on how I (kind of) got into the Pokemon games.

Edit: Words

Last edited:

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Call me lame, by I would like to have Gardevoir in Smash honestly. I've never played a Pokemon game prior to X & Y save for the Stadium games on N64, but those don't really count. I've been more a Digimon fan and the whole 2D battles Pokemon had just never grabbed me. But when I learn that 3D battles and Mega Evolution will be a thing, it really caught my interest. When I found out you could get X&Y for free via Club Nintendo, I took advantage of it and got X. I had a blast! And my favorite (and leader) of the group was Gardevoir. She, along with Lucario, Chestnaught, Charizard, Pikachu, and TM Blue Monkey (who I would replace for Mewtwo, my first and #1 favorite Pokemon), took me to the championships! Never forget my dream team!

So yeah, that's my "abridged" story on how I (kind of) got into the Pokemon games.

Edit: Words
Yeah, I’d want Gardevoir playable as well. She’s my #1 favorite Pokemon. That’s why a tiny part of me hoped that Gardevoir/Gothitelle “leak” was legit.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Yeah, I’d want Gardevoir playable as well. She’s my #1 favorite Pokemon. That’s why a tiny part of me hoped that Gardevoir/Gothitelle “leak” was legit.
While she runs the risk of overlapping with Mewtwo, Gardevoir is a great Pokemon and would be a fantasic choice for Smash if the planets aligned for her. I think one of the most damning things about the Gothetelle thing was that, sure we could tolerate a tad bit of Psychic overlap with Gardevoir and Mewtwo, but Gothitelle takes it a bit too far.

D

Deleted member

I want Misdreavus. I don't care what capacity; I just want Misdreavus!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Honestly, you're all forgetting the best Pokemon of them all. I also might have edited this together myself because it's criminal how nobody has ever made a Luvdisc splash screen before according to google.

Luvdisc.png

Last edited:

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
*Golden Sun has trademark renewed*

GS fans: Yeah!

*Isaac gets added to Smash*

GS fans: YEAH!

*Golden Sun Golf and Golden Sun Tennis get released by Camelot*

GS fans: wait a second....

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Thinking back on the Smash Ultimate Poll that just concluded, we took 2nd which is awesome in a lot of ways. Upon thinking about it though, I am curious why certain characters were left out. Ken, Dixie, and Shadow come to mind. Is there anyone else?

All this to say, do you think any of those missing ones would have got up to the Top 3 level?
They weren't included because potential echoes got their own poll. To me I found it weird that Layton wasn't there but other than that good poll

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

I actually think it would be hilarious and awesome if Isaac showed up in Mario Tennis Aces.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is the most-wanted first party character by a ridiculously large amount. That fact in itself makes it absurd to expect that he could be left out of the base game completely. The fact that he hasn't been revealed as an AT so far makes it very unlikely for him to be one- Sakurai wants hype, not rage. Throw in the trademark renewal and the Rathalos tweet, mix well and bake at 375*, and you've got a pretty good recipe right there.
Mmm Djinn shaped cookies!

D

Deleted member

Eh, the world of Weyard should have activities in which people participate in for recreation. It seems like Colosso was the only event worth noting in the entire planet in the original two, with maybe lumberjack games in western Angara becoming popular in Dark Dawn's time period. Plus, the Gaia Falls course would have to have a two-stroke limit when your golf balls fly into the abyss.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I actually think it would be hilarious and awesome if Isaac showed up in Mario Tennis Aces.
Should've happened back with the GBA Mario sports titles when they had those RPG elements and Golden Sun was in its prime. It would've been much more memorable than just creating generic humans. That kind of appearance in Nintendo's flagship franchise? Well, we wouldn't be here demanding for a series revival or Isaac in Smash.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I think Volleyball would the the better choice for a sport GS spin-off, it wouldn't be too far from Tennis and using psynergy hands gives it a twist.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, Arlo has released a video that talks about Switch sales and what Nintendo might do in the future.

Near the end, Arlo states that RPGs, like Octopath Traveler and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, are selling well on the Switch. It would be good for us to get the word out that Golden Sun would be perfect to add to Nintendo's RPG arsenal.

D

Deleted member

I just realized that Camelot had production information (though not much) for their games on their website, and they included larger-scale versions of their sprites.

Basically, what they look like without the GBA compression aspect.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I think you guys are forgeting the most likely Pokemon newcomer:

joins the party.

I am getting nervous, the game is nearly two months away. (Releasing the Friday before my College final exams)
Edited: added gif link

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
for an obscure pokemon, i think Blacephalon would be a good character, or some of my favourite pokemon like Hawlucha or Scyther

but seeing how we might getting Incineroar, if he gets confirmed i'm probably changing my Decidueye choice to Sceptile because i think he's cool and represents a grass starter to even out the other full evolutions that aren't pokemon trainer, and represent Gen 3.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Can we just get meltan aka nut boi as the pokemon rep?

OK, but a serious choice for me would be golisopod, one of my favorites from gen 7 and just in general

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Can we just get meltan aka nut boi as the pokemon rep?

OK, but a serious choice for me would be golisopod, one of my favorites from gen 7 and just in general
I unironically want Golisopod ever since we got that "fake" photo leak of him. Man, imagine everyone's face if it was true. Which means Golden Sun is happening too since it shows the GS symbol.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I unironically want Golisopod ever since we got that "fake" photo leak of him. Man, imagine everyone's face if it was true. Which means Golden Sun is happening too since it shows the GS symbol.
I don't like too many of the gen 7s but golisopod has the best design of them imo

That and I'd want guzma in the background like pokemon trainer :p

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Found the Advil guy who was ranting on Isaac before.

Oh boy. We would be so blessed to not have to suffer highly rated characters getting into smash.

Oh the horror....Oh the horror.

Did this guy seriously just compare us to the daisy fanbase?

Last edited:

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Let's see, my most wanted Pokemon would be anyone from Gen 5, since that's my favorite (and therefore best :p), but specifically Zoroark, Haxorus, Golurk, one of the flying element trio, or Genesect. But my actual most wanted is Wurmple, because it's Wurmple.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy. We would be so blessed to not have to suffer highly rated characters getting into smash.

"Hi, I'm Isaac!"

FlawedAI

Smash Ace

Where is he even getting his info from? Every single Isaac fan I've met is super courteous about him online.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Should've happened back with the GBA Mario sports titles when they had those RPG elements and Golden Sun was in its prime. It would've been much more memorable than just creating generic humans. That kind of appearance in Nintendo's flagship franchise? Well, we wouldn't be here demanding for a series revival or Isaac in Smash.
Even those humans got dropped afterwards, so there's not necessarily much guarantee of having the Golden Sun cast make regular appearances in Mario sports titles even then, seeing how safe those are nowadays. Imagine Isaac being replaced by Spike in the 3D titles...

I'd be more than fine with having our boy Guzma and Golisopod around.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Where is he even getting his info from? Every single Isaac fan I've met is super courteous about him online.
From what i've heard, he spread misinformation about Falgor in order to paint him as the bad guy. (look at that thread.)

If this guy is able to work for SG while doing such scummy acts like this, i'm very disappointed in them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom