• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I made a post on here some time ago (after the smash direct but before :ultisabelle:), that I think can be applied to our current situation. It went something along the lines of "It is likely we that the next character reveal will be a character from an RPG as the only RPG character that has been added so far is Chrom." I still think we need at least one unique RPG character of some kind to be added in this game and having one be in the next reveal would be nice.
Isaac isn't the only potential character for that though.....both Geno and Elma also fill that role.

For what it's worth I don't think we need to worry too much about genre, I don't get the impression that's something Sakurai is too worried about. (and if he's including more characters based on popularity on the ballot I doubt something like genre would be what holds them back)

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Aye just got a trophy for being a member for 5 years! Pretty cool.

Anyway, I am so freaking amazed that we made it past Geno. I genuinely think that we could win this. And if not, making top two in a Smash poll is surreal. Without Ridley and King K. Rool, we really have climbed to the top, and I can comfortably say that Isaac is the next big first party, fan favorite character in line to be added. That is too damn cool.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The fact Isaac beat Geno is one thing, I was more surprised by how many more votes we got than Geno. Figured it would have been much more close.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Isaac isn't the only potential character for that though.....both Geno and Elma also fill that role.

For what it's worth I don't think we need to worry too much about genre, I don't get the impression that's something Sakurai is too worried about. (and if he's including more characters based on popularity on the ballot I doubt something like genre would be what holds them back)
Right. The only reason for bringing up genre was to paint a picture of a group that has not yet received a significant addition. Fans of casual games got :ultdaisy: and :ultisabelle:. Fans of action games got :ultridley:, :ultdarksamus:, :ultsimon:, and :ultrichter:. Old school platformer fans got :ultkrool:. So far RPG fans have :ultchrom: (just an echo fighter). If Sakurai is trying to appeal to a large majority of people, then he will obviously want to appeal to many different interests.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I wouldn't hold your breath on a smash direct this month. I can see a stand alone reveal trailer this month (maybe) but, I think Sakurai will want to give us the remainder of the roster in the form of a direct probably in November. I think it would be weird for the last Smash announcement to happen when the game is still over a month away from release, but that's just me.
Yeah, that makes sense. I'm just kinda thinking the possibility of a Smash direct, because I'll love to hear more about Spirit mode and more characters. Sakurai wants to slow down the pace of reveals before release, so a stand alone character reveal (or maybe 2) seems very likely.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Just Vergeben leaks, that's all. What reasons do you have to believe Isaac is in?
IIRC Vergeben never said Ken + Incineroar + SE rep are all that's left for the base roster, just that those are the only ones he is aware of.

That and while I don't think Verge is a complete fraud, I'm not going to take his word as complete gospel either.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Just Vergeben leaks, that's all. What reasons do you have to believe Isaac is in?
Funny, cause I'd say Verge is about the least reliable person to go off of right now. I'm almost 100% sure Isaac is in base (and is, on fact, out next reveal) but Verge's carefully wording to avoid any blame if he's wrong plus his misses with K Rool Chrom, Dark Samus, and Richter, he's not on my "reliable" list.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Vergeben also said in his gamefaqs posts that he's never heard a thing expressly de-confirming any characters, most notably highlighting Isaac and Geno specifically in that thread. And that it's more then possible fighter's he's unaware of are in the game. He knows a lot. He doesn't know everything.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Everything else.

The Rathalos tweet. No Isaac AT yet (even though a third party character with less poll support, Shovel Knight, got in as an AT). His placement among polls. Him being the most requested new IP character and first party character left. Etcetera.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The game is focused on popularity and the only characters bigger than him already joined the roster so no real reason to not think he'd join.
This reasoning is silly considering a lot of fan favorites have already been added to the game. They still can't add everyone.

IIRC Vergeben never said Ken + Incineroar + SE rep are all that's left for the base roster, just that those are the only ones he is aware of.

That and while I don't think Verge is a complete fraud, I'm not going to take his word as complete gospel either.
I get that but with 2 months left, don't you think it's cutting it a bit fine?

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
This reasoning is silly considering a lot of fan favorites have already been added to the game. They still can't add everyone.
No, but we still have reveals left and there is no first party more demanded than Isaac. It would be more shocking if he wasn't in the game. Besides lesser characters were still added as ATs. Either as an AT or a character, there is no reason he shouldn't have an appearance unless Nintendo truly doesn't want to add a dead character. In which case, nothing we do will matter and DLC is of course off the table so it's base or nothing.

Last edited:

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
I've yet to find a single explanation for the infamous Rathalos tweet that wasn't "It's just a coincidence!"

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well in any case, I'll be extremely happy if he's in and I'll take that L if he is, but the realist in me says he isn't.

Edit: I don't think this delusional assertion that he's in is healthy though when there isn't any evidence to suggest he's in other than "he's popular" (when you don't know the ballot results).

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581

I get that but with 2 months left, don't you think it's cutting it a bit fine?
You know what else was cutting it? Duck Hunt. lol that adorable troll wasn't in the Gematsu leak. Even though that seemed to be infallible too. There's always the possibility that some stuff slips out, other stuff doesn't. Another thing worth noting is that now-a-days a lot of leaks aren't real leaks. They're controlled leaks. AKA, information released -secretly- on purpose by the orignal developer of a product to intentionally drum up large sums of hype ahead of that announcement so that when that announcement hits properly, the hardcore fans are already invested.

I have a very strong suspicion that the majority of leaks with any credibility this time around are all controlled in nature. And from that angle, it's wise to expect more. Smash is a game that lives or dies by it's hype. You know what isn't hype? Knowing every single reveal ahead of time, lol. Knowing some can work in the case of -underwhleming- reveals. But stuff like K rool? Don't you think that's PRIME leak material? Well he wasn't put out there by Vergeben. Heck, he had heard the exact opposite actually. That there would be no new DK content.

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
Vergeben doesn’t know everything. In fact I think he’s been scrambling to get any bit of info he possibly can after blowing the lid open on E3, but can’t quite get the same reliable info anymore.

Gen 7 Pokemon (he certainly took his sweet time clarifying on whether or not it was Inciniroar)

Second SE rep. No clarification beyond that.

Leaked Simon, but not Richter and then proceeded to backpedal making up a story that may or may not be true.

Didn’t leak K Rool.

Mentioned Isabelle, but didn’t clarify if it was an echo or not.

Brought up Minecraft content and after other “leakers” mentioned Steve, has jumped on the Steve bandwagon.

In my eyes, Verge is on shaky ground. He can’t truly commit to anything which means his info may not be super reliable.

Plus, the guy didn’t know about K Rool, so who’s to say there isn’t more he doesn’t know about.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Brought up Minecraft content and after other “leakers” mentioned Steve, has jumped on the Steve bandwagon.
He didn't really claim Steve was in, just that his main sources said "'possibly' a character" and that he heard murmurs from other contacts.

but yeah he doesn't know everything.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Well in any case, I'll be extremely happy if he's in and I'll take that L if he is, but the realist in me says he isn't.

Edit: I don't think this delusional assertion that he's in is healthy though when there isn't any evidence to suggest he's in other than "he's popular" (when you don't know the ballot results).
I'm not 100% sold on next reveal or base, but we have more than enough proof to give a strong indication that he's in.

Rathalos tweet aside, the wording of the new trademark strongly indicates a switch debut (and the music trademark strongly suggests a Smash soundtrack presence). We also have several rounds of ATs that deconfirmed extremely popular picks, but haven't heard a peep about Isaac. We also can conclude, based on other polling, that Isaac did very well in the ballot, which Sakurai has indicated is what they referred to when picking characters. Being a first-wave assist trophy, back when being an AT was more a surprise than a kiss of death, also ain't bad.

Oh, and 5 stages.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I've come to the realization that Isaac is ded for the base game at least. Hopefully DLC though.
You poor soul, it must be awful to actually believe such a hypeless leak. How do you manage?

But yeah, won’t go into too much detail since the people here have already, but Vergeben’s a fraud. Isaac has things going for him.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice

Jesus, I haven't seen that much of a condescending attitude in this topic for quite some time. 'Delusional', are we? Who died and made you the final arbiter of what is fact?

I cannot stand people like you who have to lord their own self touted wisdom over everybody else.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

See here's the thing about that, there's no evidence pointing to his inclusion or exclusion; however, there is a solid line of reasoning to why he can be in and no reason valid reason against his inclusion. Of course, that doesn't mean he's in but it's just as "delusional" to say he's not in.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Like I said before if you want Isaac just be confident that all.

“Just be confident. I think confidence is the most attractive part of a person.” – 50 Cent

Listen to Curtis James Jackson III

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Coming over from the Geno thread to give you guys much needed support, Isaac deserves to be in just as much as Geno, we all deserve our most wanted characters in the game and congrats on Isaac getting first place in votes as I’m pulling for him too, he can’t be ignored again. :grin:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
See here's the thing about that, there's no evidence pointing to his inclusion or exclusion; however, there is a solid line of reasoning to why he can be in and no reason valid reason against his inclusion. Of course, that doesn't mean he's in but it's just as "delusional" to say he's not in.
Good answer! I guess at the end of the day we're putting stock into different things.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Coming over from the Geno thread to give you guys much needed support, Isaac deserves to be in just as much as Geno, we all deserve our most wanted characters in the game and congrats on Isaac getting first place in votes as I’m pulling for him too, he can’t be ignored again. :grin:
thanks! but it's all up to sakurai...

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Had a dream about Isaac. He used some sorta bluish purple orb move that he could launch that absorbed attacks like the Ness/Lucas magnet move.

At least it fits a move in Golden Sun so it's not completely wacky. (The absorbing enemy psynergy one)

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion

The evidence above that have been given by others have should be taken into account.

And just remember, the existence of Vergeben is not enough to deconfirm Isaac, so I'm not sure when you got that idea.

The "delusional assertion" is funny, because I remember us when we were scrambling after Isabelle's reveal, and it took the thread a while to recover and have confidence in Isaac.

Having confidence in your prediction is one thing. But I wouldn't call that "delusional". Because if we werent "delusional", it would just be a negative thread all year long. Always questioning the possibility of him not being in, while feeling as if your votes didn't matter in the ballot is not something that a healthy thread like this one needs. (I learned this the hard.)

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I apologize if this was posted already but I came across this poll on my timeline. Um, not a lot of faith in our man guys lol

1538614254634.png

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
There have been several comments in the reddit poll saying things like "had no idea who Isaac was before this but I heard his game is good, so I'll check it out."
There are many characters I would've never heard of were it not for smash speculation: Lloyd, Shantae, Geno, and Black shadow to name some of them.
Smash speculation acts as free marketing to an audience that's very likely to play these games. Nintendo must realize this..

Top Bottom