• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Meanwhile some characters will never get in due either Sakurai's own bias against them or just out of bad luck, despite their long-enduring support... imagine those fans having to watch the community get what they wanted, only to now treat them like they were "given" all along and even putting such characters down when talking about new big wants they have?

Must be fun.
I cant think of many ACTUAL "givens" added in Smash 4 and Ultimate. We have:

Isabelle
Daisy
Inkling (who was a smash 4 "given")
Little Mac
Greninja
Villager
Ryu
Rosalina
Megaman
Robin

No one else really was, i think waluigis deconfirmation was shocking cause ppl thought he was one.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Meanwhile some characters will never get in due either Sakurai's own bias against them or just out of bad luck (
), despite their long-enduring support... imagine those fans having to watch the community get what they wanted, only to now treat them like they were "given" all along and even putting such characters down when talking about new big wants they have?

Must be fun.

I highly speak from the experience.
Yeah... wouldn't know what that's like...

:urg:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is indeed a handsome boy, this is coming from a straight person.
I can't wait to get an announcement on Smash direct soon (that's what I'm guessing).
I wouldn't hold your breath on a smash direct this month. I can see a stand alone reveal trailer this month (maybe) but, I think Sakurai will want to give us the remainder of the roster in the form of a direct probably in November. I think it would be weird for the last Smash announcement to happen when the game is still over a month away from release, but that's just me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I cant think of many ACTUAL "givens" added in Smash 4 and Ultimate. We have:

Daisy
Greninja
Villager
Ryu
Rosalina
Robin

No one else really was, i think waluigis deconfirmation was shocking cause ppl thought he was one.
Bull****!

Unless you're talking about characters people erroneously classify as a given.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
I still think we will get a general Direct before a Smash specific Direct.

As Delta64 Delta64 said, Sakurai probably wants to reveal the last few characters in one shot. I guess a direct teasing some early 2019 Games like FE or Yoshi, some 2019 Announcements, maybe another joint announcement for isaac and a Golden sun Remake, kinda what we had with Isabelle/AC. And a smash specific Direct in the middle of November.

Last edited:

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Bull****!

Unless you're talking about characters people erroneously classify as a given.
I should really state my reasoning

Robin was not one, more like an Awakening protag was a given, I thought Chrom was it
New Mario and Pokemon were expected not particularly Rosalina, I expected Waluigi
I always thought everyone else thought Waluigi and Daisy were givens, same with Villager
As for Ryu, it was probably CAPCOM that would get the second 3rd party, but I didn't think of him specifically

So for the ones you quoted, its more like, their representation was a given not them specifically

of course the point was most characters now arent a given, with smash 4 using all of these advertisement slots up, so much fan favorites have a higher chance now

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
To clarify, I mainly referred to the time when some folks suddenly had more differing stances on Ridley and Rool over time and started to talk less "appreciatingly" about them, instead feeling like them getting in due fan demand made them less "valuable" or something. Something like that.

Capt. Falcon is Isaac's mentor, eh? It's the yellow scarf they both have isn't it?

Now I'm thinking C. Falcon is All Might and Isaac is Deku now. Thanks. Lol
I first felt this cliche but then as I viewed deeper, I guess Falcon being probably a walking husk of his former fame might be nice play-around on this thing.

Also lol, should Waluigi be Bakugou for Isaac?

Though IDK how it'd work much, both being Assist and all, and well, Waluigi is infamous "out" already as is.

(Also here's something completely ' different for Halloween.)

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I still think we will get a general Direct before a Smash specific Direct.

As Delta64 Delta64 said, Sakurai probably wants to reveal the last few characters in one shot. I guess a direct teasing some early 2019 Games like FE or Yoshi, some 2019 Announcements, maybe another joint announcement for isaac and a Golden sun Remake, kinda what we had with Isabelle/AC. And a smash specific Direct in the middle of November.
We had a general Direct literally last month. And by "last month", I mean "two weeks ago" (it would have been three weeks ago, but then an earthquake happened).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So for the ones you quoted, its more like, their representation was a given not them specifically
Well, I don't think that counts then. Then it's the series expanding which seems a given, the characters would very much still be up in the air.

It'd be like calling Incineroar a given. Up until recently, he obviously wasn't - you'd get laughed at for suggesting it months ago - but it's a pretty foregone conclusion that Pokemon in general would get another character.

And nah, no Mario characters since Melee have been givens, considering how many different candidates there are to choose from. It's like Pokemon, but with a supporting cast instead of a rotating one. As far as Villager goes, he probably would've been a given if Sakurai hadn't said he wouldn't be added. And before Ryu, there was a large camp that didn't believe we'd get more than a single character per third-party.

You might even be able to throw Isabelle on that list as well. She always proved unnecessarily divisive, the likes of which Inkling, Little Mac (in the west), and Mega Man never did.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I think we'll have a standalone trailer with maybe a few words from Daddy Sakurai, but neither a smash not a general direct.

hustler713

Smash Apprentice
We had a general Direct literally last month. And by "last month", I mean "two weeks ago" (it would have been three weeks ago, but then an earthquake happened).
I'm (obviously) aware of this. But i don't think we'll get announcement Trailers without the context of a direct. Just as i see it as highly unlikely that Sakurai would let a Month without a Reveal happen.

It does not necessarily have to be a general Direct but what i want to say is, that a non smash specific Direct (maybe a Pokemon Direct? not likely that's why i thought about a general one specifically) could give us this Reveal before we'll get a full roster reveal probably in November.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I'm (obviously) aware of this. But i don't think we'll get announcement Trailers without the context of a direct. Just as i see it as highly unlikely that Sakurai would let a Month without a Reveal happen.

It does not necessarily have to be a general Direct but what i want to say is, that a non smash specific Direct (maybe a Pokemon Direct? not likely that's why i thought about a general one specifically) could give us this Reveal before we'll get a full roster reveal probably in November.
Why is it unlikely a month will go by without a reveal? We did not get any reveal in July. I can see them skip this month too.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
I like how Isaac is using his inner anime powers to top the reddit polls

If Isaac wins in the rematch of Banjo that would make him the king of anime sword fighters.

Proof is in the pudding, Isaac has a huge support to be in Smash. Let's hope Nintendo see this.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Why is it unlikely a month will go by without a reveal? We did not get any reveal in July. I can see them skip this month too.
Well there's evidence they are about to announce a reveal but you're right they could skip this month it is possible but it's still unlikely given the new was dropped on the website and the character playlist has been updated.

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
I've deliberated a while and decided to go with Isaac this time. He's the one Nintendo character left in the tournament, nevermind the final four.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
I like how Isaac is using his inner anime powers to top the reddit polls

If Isaac wins in the rematch of Banjo that would make him the king of anime sword fighters.

Proof is in the pudding, Isaac has a huge support to be in Smash. Let's hope Nintendo see this.
do they visit reddit?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's great to see Isaac chart so high but frankly this poll comes at a time in which the results won't really matter all that much. I guess they might provide a nice snapshot of the time, but they're too late to be indicative of when the roster took shape, and they'll be skewed in hindsight by the omission of all the already-deconfirmed characters.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
I just had a showerthought, This month Jojo Part 5 will air in a couple of days and, if Isaac gets revealed the same month, It will make October truly a GOLDEN EXPERIENCE.

.....and now i need to draw Isaac like Giorno for some reason...

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
It's great to see Isaac chart so high but frankly this poll comes at a time in which the results won't really matter all that much. I guess they might provide a nice snapshot of the time, but they're too late to be indicative of when the roster took shape, and they'll be skewed in hindsight by the omission of all the already-deconfirmed characters.
Yes, it's too late for Smash, but not to late for Isaac.
Nintendo could still see the demand for him. So Golden Sun could get that reboot

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Well there's evidence they are about to announce a reveal but you're right they could skip this month it is possible but it's still unlikely given the new was dropped on the website and the character playlist has been updated.
Wasn't the new tag dropped in July? (I can't remember)

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Hey brothers, Geno supporter here! Congratulations beating Geno.
I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad that Geno lost. But we're all in the same boat, I love Isaac and without a doubt he deserves to get into the roster. So let's all get this rematch over Banjo together! Good luck brothers and stay strong!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I find it kind of interesting that we got the Saffron City stage as todays blog update.

I guess it's not indicative of anything really but if we were to get an Incineroar announcement next week I would assume that he would bring a new Alola stage with him....and it would be kind of odd to have two Pokemon stages showcased so close to each other. (within 2 weeks) As of right now the closest two stages from the same franchise have been showcased is just over 4 weeks. (Princess Peach's Castle & New Donk City Hall)

I'm starting to lean towards a Geno or Elma reveal being more likely next week. (or perhaps a dual Geno/Elma + Incineroar reveal)

(of course I hope for Isaac and even though I think he has a good chance, I don't think I can exactly "expect" him after what happened during the last reveal)

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey brothers, Geno supporter here! Congratulations beating Geno.
I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad that Geno lost. But we're all in the same boat, I love Isaac and without a doubt he deserves to get into the roster. So let's all get this rematch over Banjo together! Good luck brothers and stay strong!
Thank you, my fellow Genobro! You guys put up a great fight to the end! I still hope there's no salt between us all. And you are so right! We are in the same boat. Heck, imagine if a Direct happens this month with a JRPG focus for Isaac, Geno and Lloyd! That would be such a huge win for us all!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I find it kind of interesting that we got the Saffron City stage as todays blog update.

I guess it's not indicative of anything really but if we were to get an Incineroar announcement next week I would assume that he would bring a new Alola stage with him....and it would be kind of odd to have two Pokemon stages showcased so close to each other. (within 2 weeks) As of right now the closest two stages from the same franchise have been showcased is still just over 4 weeks. (Princess Peach's Castle & New Donk City Hall)

I'm starting to lean towards a Geno or Elma reveal being more likely next week. (or perhaps a dual Geno/Elma + Incineroar reveal)

(of course I hope for Isaac and even though I think he has a good chance, I don't think I can exactly "expect" him after what happened during the last reveal)
To play Devil’s Advocate, I think with how stingy they’ve been with stages, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Incineroar could join without a stage (although I’d prefer it the other way around, as I think Alola could have some cool stages in contrast to boring League stages).

Not that I think Incineroar is in, mind you.

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
do they visit reddit?
Does Nintendo visit a Smash Reddit whit 367K subscribers?

They would be fools if they had no team lurking on internet searching for information/complaint.

And it's so big, there is no way they missed it.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I made a post on here some time ago (after the smash direct but before :ultisabelle:), that I think can be applied to our current situation. It went something along the lines of "It is likely we that the next character reveal will be a character from an RPG as the only RPG character that has been added so far is Chrom." I still think we need at least one unique RPG character of some kind to be added in this game and having one be in the next reveal would be nice.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Does Nintendo visit a Smash Reddit whit 367K subscribers?

They would be fools if they had no team lurking on internet searching for information/complaint.

And it's so big there is no way they missed it.
Also there is the fact that Reddit is among the top 10 most visited websites on the internet.

Top Bottom