• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

zferolie

Smash Hero
So let me get this straight. Box theorists are all over this Card Theory. Meanwhile, the Smash YT Newcomer Trailers were updated. Just like before for preparation of a Direct coming up.
This is going to be one interesting week.
What do you mean trailers updated?

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why people want others to "hype responsibly" or whatever. There are pretty obviously more than 2 fighters remaining.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Because the universe hates me and will not want to see me happy.

Also the card thing.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they already releasing the cards? If that’s the case, wouldn’t it not even matter how many newcomers are left, since that’s already the final design for the card. So whether there’s 2 or 20 newcomers, it wouldn’t effect the card, regardless.

Because right now I don’t see any implications that they’re planning on editing the card to fit in the next two newcomers.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t they already releasing the cards? If that’s the case, wouldn’t it not even matter how many newcomers are left, since that’s already the final design for the card. So whether there’s 2 or 20 newcomers, it wouldn’t effect the card, regardless.

Because right now I don’t see any implications that they’re planning on editing the card to fit in the next two newcomers.
Well that is true. Card size may mean nothing, as we saw with pasy character screen sizes and people guessing that roster in past games

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
In the past, how soon before a reveal was it update? Maybe my guess that they will show Echo fighters this month may be right, as they don't get trailers like unique newcomers...
It happened ~10 days before Isabelle's originally intended release date, no changes during the delay

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
So let me get this straight. Box theorists are all over this Card Theory. Meanwhile, the Smash YT Newcomer Trailers were updated. Just like before for preparation of a Direct coming up.
This is going to be one interesting week.
Alright guys, we are clearly getting our 2 final newcomers, Ken and Incineroar.

5 stages to annouce?
Aight, Big Final D, Small Final D, Omega Final D, Battle field final D and MiiVerse 2.

We can all go home, no more annoucement for 2 months, Hurray!

EDIT: Sarcasm, Go Isaac!

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I dunno, XCX had a pretty good soundtrack overall, but there were some baffling choices made occasionally. The NLA themes were kinda awful, but happened to be used for the game's most frequented location. Black Tar was incomprehensible, but for some reason, they decided to use it as the main battle theme. Other songs were good, like Wir Fliggen (sp?), Uncontrollable, and most of Mira's music, but some startlingly bad pieces were used for the most common occurrences and it was just strange.

That's also not accounting for the strange tonal shift between XC and XCX. While most of XCX's music was pretty good for a space odyssey type of game, it's a drastic departure from the fantasy adventure that we got in XC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So yeah if this is a one-off reveal, I'm betting it is indeed Isaac, because he was planned for the last Direct and got cut. If its a full Smash Direct, its hard to say.

This is potentially going to be next week we're going to see it. But that is also hard to say. I'm assuming that, yeah, the reason the playlist was "updated" is because there's a hidden fighter in that playlist who isn't public yet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It happened ~10 days before Isabelle's originally intended release date, no changes during the delay
I was guessing a mid month direct, or maybe just drop 3 echos mid month and nothing else. could happen.

So yeah if this is a one-off reveal, I'm betting it is indeed Isaac, because he was planned for the last Direct and got cut. If its a full Smash Direct, its hard to say.

This is potentially going to be next week we're going to see it. But that is also hard to say. I'm assuming that, yeah, the reason the playlist was "updated" is because there's a hidden fighter in that playlist who isn't public yet.
They didn't cut isaac out of that direct. they had planned Isabele for certain, given how Animal crossing was announced after

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Hypothetically, they could have planned on both Isabelle and Isaac and were forced to cut the Isaac portion, but nah, I do agree that Isabelle was for sure planned.

Concerning the new Card Theory, while I don't subscribe to it, it is a little bit suspect that the two empty boxes appear again. It seems to be more than a coincidence, however, I think that the reason is because, from a graphic design standpoint, it works numerically. It is funny though that one of the blank spots is next to Ryu, but it's on the wrong side of him for it to be Ken, which is only further proof to me that the Box is a work-in-progress just like how this seems to be a snapshot of the currently revealed characters.

So, yay, hope! It may be a point for the Box Theory with the matching numbers, but it doesn't all add up and still can be a bastion of hope for everyone else!

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Isaac vs geno....the worst timeline LOL

Choosing between them is tough man. But i ended up voting for isaac

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Isaac vs geno....the worst timeline LOL

Choosing between them is tough man. But i ended up voting for isaac
Never easy when your favorites go head to head. At least you're more dedicated than me, when Banjo and Isaac were up against each other I couldn't bring myself to vote.

Last edited:

Graf von Tirol

Smash Cadet
Still in the Geno camp, but I'll just say that I'm particularly happy about the top three here. Also got started on the GS series, and liking it so far.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I really do not think Isaac was supposed to be the one revealed in the last direct. It makes sense that they would put Isabelle in the direct alongside the Animal Crossing 2019 announcement. Isabelle just does not have an impact for a stand alone smash trailer or a major reveal in a smash direct. A Nintendo Direct is a suitable place for a more casual character addition.

If a stand alone reveal is happening this month, it makes it hard for me to feel confident in any one character. Sure Isaac could be revealed in it but, so could several other characters (like Geno for instance). That said, I feel like Isaac has a better chance of showing up in a stand alone reveal than he did showing up in a Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
I really do not think Isaac was supposed to be the one revealed in the last direct. It makes sense that they would put Isabelle in the direct alongside the Animal Crossing 2019 announcement. Isabelle just does not have an impact for a stand alone smash trailer or a major reveal in a smash direct.

If a stand alone reveal is happening this month, it makes it hard for me to feel confident in any one character. Sure Isaac could be revealed in it but, so could several other characters (like Geno for instance). That said, I feel like Isaac has a better chance of showing up in a stand alone reveal than he did showing up in a Nintendo Direct.
I feel like any third party characters would be in a smash direct where they would have more time to be shown off.

My bets are on either Isaac or incineroar or whatever Pokemon newcomer.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I've never really sat down and paid attention before but Isaac's hair actually looks like a wild mess. I wonder if Sakurai will throw a bucket of water on him again keep it flattened like the Brawl assist render or let the spikes do their thing.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hypothetically, they could have planned on both Isabelle and Isaac and were forced to cut the Isaac portion, but nah, I do agree that Isabelle was for sure planned.

Concerning the new Card Theory, while I don't subscribe to it, it is a little bit suspect that the two empty boxes appear again. It seems to be more than a coincidence, however, I think that the reason is because, from a graphic design standpoint, it works numerically. It is funny though that one of the blank spots is next to Ryu, but it's on the wrong side of him for it to be Ken, which is only further proof to me that the Box is a work-in-progress just like how this seems to be a snapshot of the currently revealed characters.

So, yay, hope! It may be a point for the Box Theory with the matching numbers, but it doesn't all add up and still can be a bastion of hope for everyone else!
Card theory? I missed that one.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Card theory is junk. If the card is already in print then it’s useless for trying to determine newcomers. The argument would have a leg to stand on assuming that it was a digital copy, but being a physical copy takes all bets off.

On another note. Isaac in the loosers finals. Isaac is one of the only characters in the whole bracket that made it to 4 thousand votes at one point. He can realistically beat Geno. But the only way he could beat Banjo is if enough Geno supports side with Isaac following Geno’s defeat rather then Banjo to tip the scales. He has a path to total victory. But if not, final 3 is downright incredible.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
I feel like any third party characters would be in a smash direct where they would have more time to be shown off.

My bets are on either Isaac or incineroar or whatever Pokemon newcomer.
One thing that has me a little nervous, is the fact that if it is a stand alone reveal trailer (like :ultrobin's), would we see a new stage (or assist trophy) in such a trailer? Think about it, if it is just a reveal trailer that means that Sakurai won't appear to give us details like he was able to for the Castlevania reveal (where he provided details about the stage). Would the stage appear on the website (under stages)? Unless the reveal trailer also shows off the stage's gimmicks clearly, I find it unlikely. It seems a little doubtful to me that they would put many elements (character, stage, assist) in a single reveal. Even if it is just Isaac and a stage, that is more content revealed than the :ultisabelle: trailer.

Again we could see Isaac (and more Golden Sun stuff) in a stand alone reveal trailer. Yet a smash direct would allow Sakurai to provide clarification that a stand alone trailer could not accomplish. A Pokemon or Geno would probably require less explanation and thus be a better fit for a stand alone trailer.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
One thing that has me a little nervous, is the fact that if it is a stand alone reveal trailer (like :ultrobin's), would we see a new stage (or assist trophy) in such a trailer? Think about it, if it is just a reveal trailer that means that Sakurai won't appear to give us details like he was able to for the Castlevania reveal (where he provided details about the stage). Would the stage appear on the website (under stages)? Unless the reveal trailer also shows off the stage's gimmicks clearly, I find it unlikely. It seems a little doubtful to me that they would put many elements (character, stage, assist) in a single reveal. Even if it is just Isaac and a stage, that is more content revealed than the :ultisabelle: trailer.

Again we could see Isaac (and more Golden Sun stuff) in a stand alone reveal trailer. Yet a smash direct would allow Sakurai to provide clarification that a stand alone trailer could not accomplish. A Pokemon or Geno would probably require less explanation and thus be a better fit for a stand alone trailer.
Well a GS stage isn't likely to be as complex as the Castlevania stage so really it appearing in a trailer plus the blog post for it should be enough to convey the stage's ideas clearly.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Well a GS stage isn't likely to be as complex as the Castlevania stage so really it appearing in a trailer plus the blog post for it should be enough to convey the stage's ideas clearly.
This is true. I am by no means trying to state that it has a 0% chance of happening. It is just something that MAY require some additional information. I remember how after Robin's reveal trailer some people were confused on whether or not Chrom was playable in Smash 4 (Sakurai cleared it up in an interview not long afterward). For Ultimate, I think Sakurai is being much more careful in how each announcement is received so that there is less confusion.

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
That's an amazing top three ! Good luck to you Isaac Bros !
Isaac, Banjo, Geno, and Dixie Kong are the only characters left that I really want.
Edit: After getting :ultridley:,:ultkrool:,:ultdarksamus: (all of which were at the top of my wanted list) and all veteran fighters, I can say that I am already satisfied. If the remaining four get in, I will buy this game twice.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Literally the characters I've supported, actively, on this site were Snake, Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Geno, and Banjo with Takamaru as a honorable mention and Simon as a special gift. Which means after Isaac, Geno, and Banjo, if they do get in, I'll have what is basically my perfect roster. ****ing Perfect. Let's go, Sakurai! Do it!

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Geno-Supporter here to wish y’all good luck in the Reddit Poll Losers Finals bracket!!!

There is no winning or losing here, only love for our two Champion Stars!!!

Top Bottom