• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just came here to say this.

If the Playlist thing is anything to go by I'm throwing in the bone and to say that maybe this month we're going to get a Lucina and Robin style trailer revealing Isaac and Felix as his echo.

I can believe it especially being how highly demanded he is.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Just remember this, Adepts:
The Moon teaches us it's ok to go through phases. BUT, the Sun teaches us to keep rising! Found that on FB and thought, "That's nice...and it has 'sun' in it...GOLDEN SUN!!!" My simple thought process is leaking.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
ultimate sakurai troll

Isaac is revealed as an assist trophy in a assist showcase, destroying everyone's hope. But then the ending trailer looks like he is the same assist trophy using move, but then it turns out it was just him using his side special all along, revealing him as a character.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
ultimate sakurai troll

Isaac is revealed as an assist trophy in a assist showcase, destroying everyone's hope. But then the ending trailer looks like he is the same assist trophy using move, but then it turns out it was just him using his side special all along, revealing him as a character.
I wouldn’t do that, knowing how the Waluigi fandom would react.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
That playlist theory is really awesome if true! My expectation is a second Smash Direct in early November since so many other game-specific Directs have been a month before their release, so having it be nearly a month earlier than I thought would be a fantastic surprise.

Also really happy with that Reddit poll result. Like I said before, my top three for Ultimate is Isaac, Geno, and B&K, so it's great to have those three be the most popular picks on a very visible platform like the Smash subreddit. Now to see how the next poll goes: it looks like Geno was pretty thoroughly beaten by Banjo, but if Isaac can make it back for the rematch, I think an upset is definitely possible!

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Just popping in from the Geno thread to say good luck in the character ballot. Regardless of who wins, I'm glad we all managed to place this high!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac and Golden Sun are just the mother ****ing best. <3

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
How would you guys feel about full on Dark Dawn representation? I mean Dad Isaac and Mathew as new playable characters? I’m thinking that Mathew could have young Isaac as an alt ala koopalings and alph! What does everyone think?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
How would you guys feel about full on Dark Dawn representation? I mean Dad Isaac and Mathew as new playable characters? I’m thinking that Mathew could have young Isaac as an alt ala koopalings and alph! What does everyone think?
Sure, why not? I'd prefer original Isaac, to be sure, but I'm also pretty firmly of the belief that any playable Golden Sun is preferable to none.

Gurein

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Not really crazy about it TBH.

I have nothing against Dark Dawn representation in Smash, but it shouldn't be the ONLY type of representation Golden Sun gets. That and I want Isaac to be younger and not bearded. If they redesign Isaac or if they age him up a bit, then that's fine, the idea of Isaac borrowing elements from his classic and DD versions has grown on me if anything, but I want him to look closer to his classic, original self.

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
I find it highly unlikely that the main series representation would be from Dark Dawn. It's nowhere near as well known as the original games... And not near as well liked. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
Yes... I mean, can you imagine the announcement? The Golden Sun theme plays and then the splash screen says, "Matthew joins the party!" At that point, most people would be thinking, "isn't that... Isaac?" Because really, Matthew is a clone of the *much* better known Isaac, and even people who know Dark Dawn sometimes mix then up.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Alright guys.
Playlist updated and set to unlisted… checked
"New" gone from the banner on the official website… checked
Two signs that happened every time before a reveal. Next week is most possibly gonna be it 10 days after the playlist thing happened, meaning 10th for us (11th thursday for japan). Get hyped, for whatever comes… hopefully something BIG.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Tomodachi Life was a game that existed.

It's alright, but it still has my yearning for a Direct... or even a new fighter trailer dump.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Alright guys.
Playlist updated and set to unlisted… checked
"New" gone from the banner on the official website… checked
Two signs that happened every time before a reveal. Next week is most possibly gonna be it 10 days after the playlist thing happened, meaning 10th for us (11th thursday for japan). Get hyped, for whatever comes… hopefully something BIG.
May as well note that the 10 days thing with Isabelle happened before the Hokkaido delay, as that was only 7 days. So assuming there's no delay... We could be getting information even sooner, like the 6th maybe?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, the rationale for expecting 10 days is because that's what happened last time? Keep in mind, if this is even true, it's not an exact science. It probably could be coming up at any point, be it more or less than what's expected.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yeah, the rationale for expecting 10 days is because that's what happened last time? Keep in mind, if this is even true, it's not an exact science. It probably could be coming up at any point, be it more or less than what's expected.
Yea, basically all we know is the next reveal is already there on youtube, just hidden. The date is probably planned (maybe even the video is already set to auto release on the date), but nothing states that said date is close yet.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Dude, if I could get Sveta as a playable character I would probably have a panic attack just for how insanely implausible it is.

And then I would get up and instantly go to pre order Smash, and the Amiibo and anything else.

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
Maybe as an assist trophy, Lum... But I would still prefer Alex and his Tolbi Soldier Super Water Cannon.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Yea, basically all we know is the next reveal is already there on youtube, just hidden. The date is probably planned (maybe even the video is already set to auto release on the date), but nothing states that said date is close yet.
It's definitely not set in stone, though given that the "New!" website banner is also gone, it does look like they're prepping for the next reveal and it'll be coming soon enough. That's all I need to know to be hyped.

ZelDan

Smash Master
WELL SHOOT, LOOKS LIKE WE'RE NOT GETTING A TOMODACHI REP!

But seriously, the fact we could be getting another reveal soon is making me antsy.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
May as well note that the 10 days thing with Isabelle happened before the Hokkaido delay, as that was only 7 days. So assuming there's no delay... We could be getting information even sooner, like the 6th maybe?
Maaaaaybe, there are some leaks floating around on 4chan now saying it will be the 4th lol but i doubt those are real at all… But yeah it could be any day next week, that's my personal conclusion.

Top Bottom