• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I think the outcomes you're ignoring are getting a short one-off reveal in one of the two months. IMO that's more likely than almost every outcome listed.

* October gets a one-off fighter reveal (similar to Robin/Lucina), November gets a Smash Direct
* October gets a Smash Direct, October gets a one-off fighter reveal (similar to Robin/Lucina)
That rarely happens though. The general trend with Wii U and Ultimate has been Direct focused.

While it can happen, with less newcomers in Ultimate it is far more likely that all reveals are Direct exclusive and have been thus far.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
That rarely happens though. The general trend with Wii U and Ultimate has been Direct focused.

While it can happen, with less newcomers in Ultimate it is far more likely that all reveals are Direct exclusive and have been thus far.
I mean, it wasn’t until about 13 months after Smash Wii U’s reveal that the Robin/Lucina announcement happened. Which was about two months before release. So I’d say it’s still very possible, and perhaps probable that we get another reveal akin to that.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I think both Isaac and Geno are pretty unlikely but it would be super great if we could get both in one game. That would be real dedication to the fanbase right there.
The only "popular"/"relevant" character I want right now is Bandana Dee right now.

If Isaac is confirmed I will probably cheer for Geno, Banjo, Skull Kid, etc. Because those fanbases deal with the same stuff we do, the "popularity" and "Relevancy" stuff. I feel like if Isaac isn't confirmed the same thing would happen too. The threat of 200 more Mario characters, has brought us all closer.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
In the theoretical Isaac trailer, couldn't it, like Robin/Lucina's trailer, take place over multiple stages?

For example, say Link/Marth/Shulk are fighting Rathalos, Isaac comes in to save them and drive the Rathalos away...

...then it cuts to gameplay with other Golden Sun characters saying stuff about Isaac, then it shows a fighter, say Ganondorf or something, tossing Isaac aside in a Lighthouse/Rock/Opera House/Sol Sanctum.

After that, Isaac uses his final smash, say Judgement, in CGI to beat off Ganondorf.

*cue the smash logo appearing*

And then, after the Smash Logo appears, something similar to the end of Shulk's trailer (with Metal Face), could happen, just with having Metal Face replaced with, say, Saturos and/or Menardi.

Ypsen

Smash Apprentice
A poll just closed on Jeuxvideo.com (french forum). Guess who won ?

(Fun Fact : apparently, there's only one 1 vote of difference between the second and the first.)

Last edited:

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I am curious...
What is everyone's top 10 games of all time? I want to see the gaming taste of fellow Isaac fans.

I'll start

1) Golden Sun ( I count GS 1/2 as one game, with the whole they were planned to be one game and the password link system)
2) Majora's Mask
3) Megaman Zero (I looooooooved 2 and 3, 4 is okay but I just love the first one for it's feel and difficulty)
4) Pokemon Crystal
5) Animal Crossing GC (NL is amazing, I loved it, but I have more memories with the GC one)
6) Wario Land
7) Kirby Dream Land 2
8) Fire Emblem 6 (Roy is the best Lord, IDC what you say, he is 15, 15 that is why he is weak, he is a child. Plus unlike Corrin he is not a **** up and a disgrace to FE
9) Power Rangers Snes
10 )Soul Caliber III

It's so hard to pick a top 10. I love so many games. I did one per series because of Zelda. I would have had like 4 of em up there.

So as you can tell, I am a Nintendo boy. Love my Snes games but I really love my handheld games.
Still catching on 60+ pages since I went on holiday but I will answer this.

1) Golden Sun 1+2
2) Kingdom Hearts 2
3) Final Fantasy IX
4) Majora's Mask
5) Xenoblade Chronicles
6) Megaman X
7) Live A Live
8) Super Mario Galaxy
9) Nier
10) No More Heroes 2

I could have put tons of games but those ten just were incredible for me :)

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
October is quite an important month.

There are several possible combinations that will occur in October and November

• October gets a Smash Direct, November gets nothing
  • October gets nothing, November gets a Smash Direct
  • October gets a General Direct, November gets nothing
  • October gets nothing, November gets a General Direct
  • October gets a Smash Direct, November gets a General Direct
  • October gets a General Direct, November gets a Smash Direct
  • October and November both get a General Direct
  • October and November both get a Smash Direct (very unlikely!)
  • October and November get nothing (very unlikely!)

A good number of outcomes are hinged on what October has to offer. A November Direct is a lock so no need to worry about it.
But October is flakey in its likelihood.

If we get a Smash or General Direct, 6+ outcomes disappear straight away. If no Direct occurs, only 3 outcomes remain. It's a scary month as it will also determine what sort of Direct we will get next month.

-If there is no General or Smash Direct in October, a Smash Direct is a lock in November
-If there is a Smash Direct in October, that is likely our final Smash Direct

Regardless of whether or not October has a Direct, this month is the one to watch! And from my own research, an October direct is typically on a Tuesday/Thursday which means it is likely the 2nd*, 4th, 9th*, 11th, 16th*, 18th or 23rd* with the * ones being the most likely.

This month is going to be one to watch!
I think we can safely remove any October General Direct outcomes from the list. We just had a General Direct less than a month ago, which covered the rest of this year's titles and line-ups. I don't think there's enough change to warrant another General Direct so soon after we got information for all of these, for the most part, 2019 games.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
god I hope not. 1, less hope for our boy meaning saks only puts in popular stuff minecraft is stupid popular (for some reason) while golden sun is....yeah. 2. I hate minecraft. and steve so that would be a bad for me.
I don't really hate Minecraft, it is a decent time killer if I feel like it for a couple hours. But I do not like the idea of Steve in Smash at all.

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we (Geno) smashed Sora's face in, you guys can too! =D (I don't have anything against Sora, just want Geno and Isaac more)
I have been voting Geno for you guys. Only time I will be forced to choose someone else is if he goes up against Isaac lol

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Lloyd beat skull kid by two votes lmao, this round should be really close as well

Last edited:

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
We're in the Top 4, and it's us versus the Lloyd Bros! Honestly, whichever of us wins, both communities should support the winner against the Puppet and the Bird/Bear!

https://smashpoll.uk/822151
Oh man.
I'm gonna vote Isaac, but let it be known that on my heart I still wish that Lloyd gets in, even if as DLC.

Golden Sun and Tales of Symphonia are my two favorite games of all time.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Worth noting that whatever happens now Isaac will be the number one Nintendo character on the randomised Reddit poll.

Everything helps.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Weird, it says Skull Kid on the top title but on the vote it’s Lloyd. This version might be redone.
That gave me the impression they had already put the text together because they assumed Skull Kid would win and then forgot to change it. :laugh:

Last edited:

SmashUltimateTourny

Smash Rookie
That gave me the impression they had already put the text together because they assumed Skull Kid would win and then forgot to change it. :laugh:
Can confirm. I'll fix right now. People seem to be understanding enough though since my stats tell me that barely anyone exited out without voting so far.

Edit: Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think we're going to get a general direct this month either.

I'm predicting either a mini smash direct or a trailer drop. Probably in the latter half of October, though I hope for one sooner than that.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I'd say we're getting a one-off reveal trailer in the first 3 weeks of this month and a final Smash Direct in between the last 3 of November. The Direct would have the rest of the uniques left (1 or 2, I suppose).

If Isaac is in, I'd hope it's on the Direct so they can go over GS content just like with CV.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
We beat Sora! One more win and we're guaranteed top 3! This thing has been one insane rollercoaster of emotion!

I love you Lloyd Bros, Geno Bros and Banjo Bros, this goes for you too if you're reading, but don't think we're going down without a fight! These last couple of days are going to be absolutely insane!

Congrats to everyone for making it this far!

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
We're in the Top 4, and it's us versus the Lloyd Bros! Honestly, whichever of us wins, both communities should support the winner against the Puppet and the Bird/Bear!

https://smashpoll.uk/822151
Oh man.
I'm gonna vote Isaac, but let it be known that on my heart I still wish that Lloyd gets in, even if as DLC.

Golden Sun and Tales of Symphonia are my two favorite games of all time.
Lloyd supporter here - it's been one hell of a ride, and we couldn't have done it without you. Cheers for the fun, and whatever the outcome, I hope that we'll see both hit the roster at some point. Here's to the best Smash ship since Mario and Peach!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Geno v Banjo was a hard one. I went ahead and voted for Geno though since he's so popular with the Smash community.

Dear God, it looks like the finals will probably be Isaac v Geno. So, in advance. Sorry Lloyd bros. You're the coolest. Sorry Geno bros. You're the best. Good luck to us all!

Edit: Sorry I didn't vote for you Banjo bros. You know I still love that Bear & Bird so damn much.

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd supporter here - it's been one hell of a ride, and we couldn't have done it without you. Cheers for the fun, and whatever the outcome, I hope that we'll see both hit the roster at some point. Here's to the best Smash ship since Mario and Peach!
Thank you for everything you guys have done! I voted for Lloyd every time I saw him, and it nearly broke my heart having to click Isaac's name today. Let it be known that we couldn't have done it without you guys either.

Whichever way this goes, I'll support the sword wielders into the losers finals!

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Geno v Banjo was a hard one. I went ahead and voted for Geno though since he's so popular with the Smash community.

Dear God, it looks like the finals will probably be Isaac v Geno. So, in advance. Sorry Lloyd bros. You're the coolest. Sorry Geno bros. You're the best. Good luck to us all!
It just occurred to me, if Geno wins this and Isaac is able to take on Lloyd, we'll be rematching against Banjo. This time, we've got to pull out that win.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I knew you guys could beat Sora ;D
Congrats! And thank you! Sora won't get his chance at a rematch now >:]
Now go beat Lloyd and we'll see you in top 3 where you belong! It will be quite the fight between the 3 of us!

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
If we get a random trailer similar to Robin/Lucina then it will most likely be Incineroar or another character from an existing franchise already in Smash. So far only two newcomers have received overviews: Inkling and the Belmonts. The two new characters from new franchises in Smash. If Isaac is in the base roster then he will be revealed at the start of a Smash Direct. Fingers crossed that we get a Smash direct this month.

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
So what I might try to do once I'm home is find out the lowest possible number of unique votes Isaac has gotten, maybe to others as well and compare them.

Basically my idea for methodology is to start with a few assumptions:

Every single voter from the previous bout returned to vote in the next one

Nobody used multiple IP addresses to vote multiple times.

Then I take his total number of votes from match 1 and write it down.

Then I add the difference between the total number of votes for him in match 2 (minus the total votes from match 1)

Then continue doing that until we reach losers quarter finals that just ended.

Machete

Smash Ace
I firmly believe we have three unique newcomers remaining and I'm still sure Isaac will be one of them. It just seems like everyone else that holds a candle to his popularity is third party. But, I believe he'd be one of the very last reveals, so even if there's something in October, I just think it'll be our obligatory new Pokémon.

As someone who hasn't played Golden Sun, I played some games in Norfair with the Golden Sun music and that was seriously sick. Is there any stand out music from Golden Sun I should catch up on?

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I firmly believe we have three unique newcomers remaining and I'm still sure Isaac will be one of them. It just seems like everyone else that holds a candle to his popularity is third party. But, I believe he'd be one of the very last reveals, so even if there's something in October, I just think it'll be our obligatory new Pokémon.

As someone who hasn't played Golden Sun, I played some games in Norfair with the Golden Sun music and that was seriously sick. Is there any stand out music from Golden Sun I should catch up on?
I would strongly recommend Elemental Stars, Colosso Theme (and battle theme) and also Lemuria's theme. But overall they are all worth a listen, those are just a list going through several moods and ambiances.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
We beat Sora? Well I’ll be darn. I wasn’t entirely confident we’d overtake him. Isaac’s now in the final four. An insanely impressive showing to say the least. I’m fairly confident this fan poll will be used in the future as a reference point of popular picks, so it’s really good we got this far. We’ll have more evidence to resent whe we say “Isaac has tons of fan support”

I’m not sure how it’ll break down between him and Lloyd, it mostly depends and on how many tales fans are in the overall bracket, and how they compare to golden sun fans. It’s also worth noting that a decent number of Isaac fans shifted support to Lloyd, but were here for Isaac first. Now a sizable chunk of Lloyd’s support isn’t in his camp anymore. If I had to make a call, Isaac’s support by the Numbers here seems to exceed Lloyd. Sora was an insanely big hurdle in the road but now that he’s behind us matchups become very tricky.

As for what I voted, Isaac and banjo. I voted strategically here. Going by the numbers, I doubt that Isaac can take on banjo in a loosers final. Geno however? It’s possible. So I voted for banjo hoping that Geno’s goes to loosers finals so that Isaac has a more realistic chance of making it to grand final.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman

The Saturos battle theme and Venus Lighthouse are a must.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I would say:
- Elemental Stars
- Felix Battle theme
- Isaac Battle theme
- Saturos Battle
- Venus Lighthouse

Now that I'm thinking about it, would be pretty interesting if they used the Isaac Battle theme when showing Isaac and Felix Battle theme if they add a Felix Echo.

Top Bottom