• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

D

Deleted member

Boy these leakers eh? Nothing against them though nothing but the best.

We'll see what happens can't wait too see who gets added and such.

Hopefully Isaac included.

FantastiqueFran

Smash Cadet
NNID
Haruki-KunST
Let's be real here.

I hate to be the downer, but in the case of Isaac vs. Sora, Sora has better chances of winning. He's more recent and with the hype for Kingdom Hearts 3, of course, people will vote for someone they recognize. However, fan polls mean absolutely nothing in the long run since Sakurai's a madman.

Also, Update: Someone asked the Minecraft Devs if Steve will be in Smash @ Minecon.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9k7000/asking_minecraft_devs_if_steve_will_be_in_smash/

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Let's be real here.

I hate to be the downer, but in the case of Isaac vs. Sora, Sora's has better chances of winning. He's more recent and with the hype for Kingdom Hearts 3, of course, people will vote for someone they recognize. However, fan polls mean absolutely nothing in the long run since Sakurai's a madman.

Also, Update: Someone asked the Minecraft Devs if Steve will be in Smash @ Minecon.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9k7000/asking_minecraft_devs_if_steve_will_be_in_smash/
I think that woman handled that question perfectly. gives nothing away. while still encouraging the fans to support the idea.

as for the the poll tournament I believe in you guys! I voted for you and I'm really hoping you'll beat Sora! sure it doesn't mean anything in the end. but it's a nice moral boost to show just how much your character is loved.

also might have a little extra bias because you guys beating Sora insures Geno beats him out in placement :awesome: Heck even if you guys were to beat Geno in the bracket I'd still be happy! think Isaac, Banjo, and Geno really deserve to be top 3. and hopefully all three can finally make it into smash!

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman
We beat Ama and Phoenix Wright.

Here's the new poll; let's all vote for the Golden Boi!

https://smashpoll.uk/828855
This is the first vote that actually had me struggling - Lloyd and Skull Kid would both be really neat. Ultimately went for Lloyd because he could use the win more. One interesting thing to note is that if Lloyd and Isaac both win their matches, they'll be up against each other tomorrow, which might be tough given that...

4ISSYMq.png

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Let's be real here.

I hate to be the downer, but in the case of Isaac vs. Sora, Sora has better chances of winning. He's more recent and with the hype for Kingdom Hearts 3, of course, people will vote for someone they recognize. However, fan polls mean absolutely nothing in the long run since Sakurai's a madman.

god I hope not. 1, less hope for our boy meaning saks only puts in popular stuff minecraft is stupid popular (for some reason) while golden sun is....yeah. 2. I hate minecraft. and steve so that would be a bad for me.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Let's be real here.

The way she phrases it makes me feel like they have talked to Nintendo about it before, she doesn't really give away anything though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's be real here.

If recency was the key you'd have to wonder why the polls are generally dominated by Isaac, Geno and Banjo.
And K. Rool.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Let's be real here.

I really like how somebody likened asking them about Smash to asking someone if they were going to propose to their girlfriend in front of her family in that thread. Posing the question only really invites an awkward, half-baked answer regardless of what the answer is because of the pressure of discussing either something you were trying to keep secret or something that doesn't exist but would cause marketing issues. There's no good answer because giving false hope is a problem, but giving insight into a respected colleague's hidden hand is disrespectful.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Let's be real here.

I mean, Geno just beat Sora last round.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't think Sora has much better chances of winning on that poll. It's possible, but if Geno was able to beat him, I think we could manage to do so, too.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
The fact that she mentions the community should ask for it so they can go to Nintendo with all the demand really seems like Steve isn't in.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Good news for Isaac fans, kinda! There's a leak thread that's already locked in the Newcomer Speculation section and I threw it into Google Translate. Hiding it in spoiler brackets so as not to take up tons of space:

I'm sure this'll get deleted, but a bad Google Translate:

Hello! I am an employee of Solar Corporation and came with interesting news about extreme crushing. Final. I believe that fans by what I hear from what I collected, rejoice. First, I discuss fighters, as it is usually the most anticipated aspect for most players: - Isaac from the game of 2001, Friday from Game Sunday - 1996 game, Mario Extreme. - Steve from the game of 2011, Minecraft. Games of 2016, Pokemon Gao Nga (EDIT FROM FIRE TACTICIAN: THIS IS SIMILAR TO INCINEROAR'S JAPANESE NAME)from Sunday and Monday. Banjo and Kazooi from a 1998 game of skulls from the game of 1998, a game of time, banjo kazoo.

It is everything we are getting from the newcomers, as stated earlier and should not expect many new fighters from this game. But as many people, we expect some new echo fighters we have. - Dixie Kong as a fighter of Didi Kong's echo - Shadow the hedgehog as a fighter of Sonic the hedgehog's echo. - As a fighter of the Echo of the Lord. Black knight as an echo fighter of Ken Masters as an echo fighter. It is said that the stage that we have completed so far is totally out of the new properties. Minecraft still - forest embarrassment, stadium of Pokemon Battle Royale - Although I may not verify that all the previous stages are back, Mercury lighthouse The game before us developing us Stage a new stage from. Alright, in order to wrap this post, I have aid trophies and Pokemon. Catherine, Karate Joe, Celica, Camak, Gary 's oak - Captain Doug Trio, Lugargan, Onigo, Chemso, Nyaby, Bayliff, Cernouse, Yun gee, Mokuro, Naeetle, Yayakoma, Cosmog, Gallop, Capoeira, Tsubojubo, I should see all this support by this, the Solar Corporation and these characteristics, stages, aid trophies and all that we programed with you all, we, Dodites, Juquine.

I'd be excited all of you! Thank you for reading.
I'm confused about the Pokemon, but yay for Isaac?

Edit: I added in the Pokemon rep info into the actual "leak."

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The fact that she mentions the community should ask for it so they can go to Nintendo with all the demand really seems like Steve isn't in.
Nah, as someone said earlier, it's bad if she confirms it and it's bad if she deconfirms it too. She was actually extremely good at giving an answer that neither confirms nor deconfirms, gives hope to fans AND also incentivizes community engagement which is what anyone in her spot is meant to do. She answered that pretty well tbh.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Good news for Isaac fans, kinda! There's a leak thread that's already locked in the Newcomer Speculation section and I threw it into Google Translate. Hiding it in spoiler brackets so as not to take up tons of space:

Hello! I am an employee of Solar Corporation and came with interesting news about extreme crushing. Final. I believe that fans by what I hear from what I collected, rejoice. First, I discuss fighters, as it is usually the most anticipated aspect for most players: - Isaac from the game of 2001, Friday from Game Sunday - 1996 game, Mario Extreme. - Steve from the game of 2011, Minecraft. Games of 2016, Pokemon Gao Nga (EDIT FROM FIRE TACTICIAN: THIS IS SIMILAR TO INCINEROAR'S JAPANESE NAME)from Sunday and Monday. Banjo and Kazooi from a 1998 game of skulls from the game of 1998, a game of time, banjo kazoo.

It is everything we are getting from the newcomers, as stated earlier and should not expect many new fighters from this game. But as many people, we expect some new echo fighters we have. - Dixie Kong as a fighter of Didi Kong's echo - Shadow the hedgehog as a fighter of Sonic the hedgehog's echo. - As a fighter of the Echo of the Lord. Black knight as an echo fighter of Ken Masters as an echo fighter. It is said that the stage that we have completed so far is totally out of the new properties. Minecraft still - forest embarrassment, stadium of Pokemon Battle Royale - Although I may not verify that all the previous stages are back, Mercury lighthouse The game before us developing us Stage a new stage from. Alright, in order to wrap this post, I have aid trophies and Pokemon. Catherine, Karate Joe, Celica, Camak, Gary 's oak - Captain Doug Trio, Lugargan, Onigo, Chemso, Nyaby, Bayliff, Cernouse, Yun gee, Mokuro, Naeetle, Yayakoma, Cosmog, Gallop, Capoeira, Tsubojubo, I should see all this support by this, the Solar Corporation and these characteristics, stages, aid trophies and all that we programed with you all, we, Dodites, Juquine.

"Solar Corporation"?

TappyBat

Smash Ace

the hell is this solar corp? I call fake sadly. they've all been fake why would this be any different?

KMDP

Smash Legend

What language was it originally in?

Because if it was in Japanese and used the term "Echo Fighter", then it's 100% fake; they use the term "Dash Fighter".

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
the hell is this solar corp? I call fake sadly. they've all been fake why would this be any different?
Totally. I'm just happy to see Isaac in a few of these fake leaks :p

Because if it was in Japanese and used the term "Echo Fighter", then it's 100% fake; they use the term "Dash Fighter".
I copy-pasted, so probably.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet

i mean they used isaac's english name instead of his japanese name.. in katakana. アイザック instead of ロビン

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think "Solar Corporation" is meant to be "Sora Ltd".
Totally. I'm just happy to see Isaac in a few of these fake leaks :p

I copy-pasted, so probably.
Found the thread myself.
i mean they used isaac's english name instead of his japanese name.. in katakana. アイザック instead of ロビン
Percent.
Fake.
:p

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
She's a community representative for Mojang, though, and gave a dodgy answer that pretty much amounts to "we don't know;" the only people who would likely know would be leading devs such as Jens and maybe some Microsoft reps.

Really, we won't know about this stuff until either the next or final direct.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
To highlight just how wrong that leak is, they used the term "エコーの戦闘機" (Ekō no sentōki, Echo Fighter*) instead of the correct "ダッシュファイター" (lit. Dash Fighter).

The term they use to refer to Echo Fighters isn't even half right. "Echo Fighter" would be "エコーファイター" using the equivalent terms as the Japanese.

*This isn't even getting into the fact that "sentōki" means Fighter Jet. That word should be 戦士 (Senshi), which is "Fighter" in terms of martial arts.

Last edited:

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Some people may have already heard this remix but, here is a remix I have been listening to while doing college work (among other songs):

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Black knight as an echo fighter of Ken Masters as an echo fighter.
Man, I can't wait to do a Shoryuken with Black Knight!
___
I've been thinking about making a text leak just to see how far it goes (in other words, how many people make a video about it).

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Nah, as someone said earlier, it's bad if she confirms it and it's bad if she deconfirms it too. She was actually extremely good at giving an answer that neither confirms nor deconfirms, gives hope to fans AND also incentivizes community engagement which is what anyone in her spot is meant to do. She answered that pretty well tbh.
She's a community representative for Mojang, though, and gave a dodgy answer that pretty much amounts to "we don't know;" the only people who would likely know would be leading devs such as Jens and maybe some Microsoft reps.

Really, we won't know about this stuff until either the next or final direct.
And as I said it implies more that he's not in given the connotation. She wasn't trying to say anything sure but it feels like it more leaned towards them not being approached.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And as I said it implies more that he's not in given the connotation. She wasn't trying to say anything sure but it feels like it more leaned towards them not being approached.
She's a community rep, though, and not one of the higher-ups like Jens or someone from Microsoft, so it's likely she really didn't know and didn't want to say anything that may end up wrong. Even so, her answer basically amounted to "we don't know but show your support!" which doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Is anyone else really looking forward to the Minecon cringe compilations that come out every year? I know I'm ready to watch them about twenty times because I can only make it a little bit of the way through them before having to take a cringe break for twelve hours.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Does that mean Pushdustin was wrong?

It seems unlikely that Siliconera wouldn't fact check these things....but it's not like they can't make mistakes either. Maybe they were careless this time and posted incorrect information?

How hard is it to contact someone who knows Japanese and ask them? :p
I hesitate to say PushDustin is wrong, but I also highly doubt Siliconera would piggyback off of another source.

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
My life for Golden Sun! I've been voting for Isaac in those polls.

I hope for something related to SSBUltimate soon. (And Golden Sun.) : D

Top Bottom